PDA

View Full Version : Liberal hatemongers.

LWW
04-14-2010, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the data support the claim that conservatives are haters, while liberals are tolerant of others? A handy way to answer this question is with what political analysts call “feeling thermometers,” in which people are asked on a survey to rate others on a scale of 0-100. A zero is complete hatred, while 100 means adoration. In general, when presented with people or groups about which they have neutral feelings, respondents give temperatures of about 70. Forty is a cold temperature, and 20 is absolutely freezing.

In 2004, the University of Michigan’s American National Election Studies (ANES) survey asked about 1,200 American adults to give their thermometer scores of various groups. People in this survey who called themselves “conservative” or “very conservative” did have a fairly low opinion of liberals — they gave them an average thermometer score of 39. The score that liberals give conservatives: 38. Looking only at people who said they are “extremely conservative” or “extremely liberal,” the right gave the left a score of 27; the left gives the right an icy 23. So much for the liberal tolerance edge.

Some might argue that this is simply a reflection of the current political climate, which is influenced by strong feelings about the current occupants of the White House. And sure enough, those on the extreme left give President Bush an average temperature of 15 and Vice President Cheney a 16. Sixty percent of this group gives both men the absolute lowest score: zero.

To put this into perspective, note that even Saddam Hussein (when he was still among the living) got an average score of eight from Americans. The data tell us that, for six in ten on the hard left in America today, literally nobody in the entire world can be worse than George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

The BDS crowd often points to conservative Clinton-haters in the 1990s to argue that the Right was just as hateful as the Left is now. That, too, is not supported by statistical evidence. Brooks notes:

In 1998, Bill Clinton and Al Gore were hardly popular among conservatives. Still, in the 1998 ANES survey, Messrs. Clinton and Gore both received a perfectly-respectable average temperature of 45 from those who called themselves extremely conservative. While 28% of the far right gave Clinton a temperature of zero, Gore got a zero from just 10%. The bottom line is that there is simply no comparison between the current hatred the extreme left has for Messrs. Bush and Cheney, and the hostility the extreme right had for Messrs. Clinton and Gore in the late 1990s. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120053277483496183.html?mod=opinion_main_comment aries)

LWW

pooltchr
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

You just found something that verifies what many of us already knew.

Steve

bamadog
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
One need only watch the spittle-flinging liberal mobs on our college campuses as they shout down anyone whom they disagree with to see the true haters in action.
Liberals arrive at their dogmas through emotion.
So, is it surprising that they can't defend them with logic and facts?
Rather than admit that they are mistaken, they demonize their adversary.

LWW
04-15-2010, 05:56 AM
I honestly feel sorry for them and wish that whatever hardened their hearts could somehow be undone.

LWW

bamadog
04-15-2010, 11:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly feel sorry for them and wish that whatever hardened their hearts could somehow be undone.

LWW </div></div>
I had dinner with one of my former employees recently.
He worked for me for a couple of years right out of college.
And, predictably, he was a liberal, mindlessly repeating the mantras of:
capitalism=bad, big business=evil, republicans=heartless.
Now, he is married with two children and has been a public school teacher for ten years. He has seen first hand the devastation of big govt"s promotion of dependence and entitlement.
He was so eager to tell me about his epiphany.
And even more interesting is that he admits he's much happier now.
Carrying around all that hate drags a person down.

hondo
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Steve </div></div>

SWEET JESUS!!!
UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE!!!
I am barraged 24/7 on here by hate posts from dud, yugo, and poor ole johnny and you post that!!!

hondo
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One need only watch the spittle-flinging liberal mobs on our college campuses as they shout down anyone whom they disagree with to see the true haters in action.
Rather than admit that they are mistaken, they demonize their adversary. </div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/16/10-most-offensive-tea-par_n_187554.html

hondo
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Steve </div></div>

Like this one?

Quote yugo: "You and Hondo - peas in a pod and both punch lines to a bad joke.....sitting together in the back of a chicken sedan.

Why is it that certain words are coming to mind - sniveling, bitter, sick, nasty, ignorant, blinded, partisan, miserable, worthless, pathetic, mediocre, insignificant."

Or this by yugo:

"Exposed for the words that come to my mind? Coincidentally they're coming to mind yet again. Call Time Life books!!!

OK, you caught me. Congratulations. Give yourself a WV Grade School Gold Star.

And the chicken sedan goes rolling along."

Wouldn't have a blind spot towards dub and the clan, would you, Stevie, ole boy?

How about when poor ole johnny floods the forum swearing that I'm not a Christian and never was a teacher, and dub keeps
complimenting him for those posts?

LWW
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One need only watch the spittle-flinging liberal mobs on our college campuses as they shout down anyone whom they disagree with to see the true haters in action.
Rather than admit that they are mistaken, they demonize their adversary. </div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/16/10-most-offensive-tea-par_n_187554.html </div></div>

Please ... put down the spoon and explain in your own words what is "OFFENSIVE" about the signs shown.

This otter be good.

LWW

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Steve </div></div>Hoist thy own pitard.

Like this one?

Quote yugo: "You and Hondo - peas in a pod and both punch lines to a bad joke.....sitting together in the back of a chicken sedan.

Why is it that certain words are coming to mind - sniveling, bitter, sick, nasty, ignorant, blinded, partisan, miserable, worthless, pathetic, mediocre, insignificant."

Or this by yugo:

"Exposed for the words that come to my mind? Coincidentally they're coming to mind yet again. Call Time Life books!!!

Wouldn't have a blind spot towards dub and the clan, would you, Stevie, ole boy?

How about when poor ole johnny floods the forum swearing that I'm not a Christian and never was a teacher, and dub keeps
complimenting him for those posts? </div></div>Hoist thy own pitard.

hondo
04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Like this one?

Or this by yugo:

complimenting him for those posts? </div></div>Hoist thy own pitard. </div></div>

real quick, johnny. What does that mean and how is it really spelled and where is dud's misquote famous?

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Like this one?

Or this by yugo:

complimenting him for those posts? </div></div>Hoist thy own pitard. </div></div>

real quick, johnny. What does that mean and how is it really spelled and where is dud's misquote famous? </div></div>Real quick teacher be a poser and leave.

hondo
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
What, an engineer doesn't know?
You miserable little phony!

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free.

hondo
04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard.

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 08:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard. </div></div>Yes,this black man can do that.

hondo
04-15-2010, 08:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard. </div></div>Yes,this black man can do that. </div></div>

Yes, you most certainly can. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 08:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard. </div></div>Yes,this black man can do that. </div></div>

Yes, you most certainly can. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>Jesus loves you.

Stretch
04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Hondo, that wasn't very fair now. You done made him think.....kinda. St. &lt;&lt;cringes when Johnny uses ALL his set reply's in one paragraph. lol&gt;&gt;

hondo
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Did you see his reply?
He thought it was a compliment.
He's either pulling a huge goof on all of us or he's a moron.

Interesting that dud can see nothing wrong with him.

Says a lot about his over-inflated opinion of his intellect.

What a crew! yugo just repeats himself over and over or slobbers smarmy insults at Gayle and me.
Our johnny just blathers blarney and smoke.
dud's just a cheerleader for our johnny now or hopes I misspell a word or have a typo.
Steve's just a cheerleader for dud.
lameass drones on in mystical hysteria.

Even Sev is becoming embarrassed with this clan.

ugotda7
04-15-2010, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We really didn't need this study. One need only to read the posts on this forum to see who the real haters are! The left seems to have a very difficult time separating personality from politics. If they hate your politics, they hate you!

Steve </div></div>

Like this one?

Or this by yugo:

complimenting him for those posts? </div></div>

You made your own bed and now get to sleep in it.

Are you rethinking inviting me over here yet? Maybe you'll learn something from all of this. Ha, what the hell am I thinking, I almost forgot who I was talking to. I apologize. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

ugotda7
04-15-2010, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you see his reply?

What a crew! yugo just repeats himself over and over or slobbers smarmy insults at Gayle and me.
dud's just a cheerleader for our johnny now or hopes I misspell a word or have a typo.

Even Sev is becoming embarrassed with this clan. </div></div>

And you wonder why you get the treatment you do - just how dumb are you....really?

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you see his reply?

And you wonder why you get the treatment you do - just how dumb are you....really?
</div></div>He keeps telling everyone he is a teacher and how smart he is.IF he would just read his own posts he would be disgusted.But that's hondo.The 2 people that like him aren't much better.Everybody is an idiot but them.They are owned for sure.

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you see his reply?

Even Sev is becoming embarrassed with this clan. </div></div>And hondo thinks he is a school teacher.Drugs and all !

Stretch
04-15-2010, 11:12 PM

What do you think Hondo, if the few remaining Lefties get run off would the right resort to Canabolism as an outlet for thier hunger to dominate? Or maybe Larry would just claim his kingdom and go back to aZB as a conquering hero? Time will tell. St.

LAMas
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard. </div></div>

Shakespeare, who gives the line to Hamlet, 1602:

"For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his own[e] petar[d]".

Or correctly:

"For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his owne petar".

JohnnyD,

Why does Shakespeare misspell engine[e]r?

"To err is human, to forgive divine."
Alexander Pope

Bless you and the name caller.

Amen.

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 11:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you see his reply?

What do you think Hondo, if the few remaining Lefties get run off would the right resort to Canabolism as an outlet for thier hunger to dominate? Or maybe Larry would just claim his kingdom and go back to aZB as a conquering hero? Time will tell. St. </div></div>Stretch no one wants to run off the lefties.Hondo started all of this by posting lies about people.They found out and came here.People are mad and i don't blame them.Hondo told me to read the posts from the other site which i did.Many months worth.He sets a pattern of telling people off and not comprehending what he has read.Teachers are smarter than that.He wallows in self pity.Hondo continues to use you folks.He posts about drugs,running around on his wife,slapping other women is this the kind of person you want to look up to.YOU are better then that Stretch.I toast a scotch in your honor Mr.Stretch.

JohnnyD
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not the right engineer hondo.IF you were a teacher you would have known that.Now tell us again as it's been an hour about how smart you are and how better you are than anyone else.Drugs are bad for you hondo.Confess your sins.The TRUTH will set you free. </div></div>

LMAO! Hoist with his own petard. </div></div>

Shakespeare, who gives the line to Hamlet, 1602:

"For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his own[e] petar[d]".

Or correctly:

"For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his owne petar".

JohnnyD,

Why does Shakespeare misspell engine[e]r?

"To err is human, to forgive divine."
Alexander Pope

Bless you and the name caller.

Amen.

</div></div>A toast in your honor sir Lamas.IF more people were like you the world would be a better place.

ugotda7
04-16-2010, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you see his reply?

What do you think Hondo, if the few remaining Lefties get run off would the right resort to Canabolism as an outlet for thier hunger to dominate? Or maybe Larry would just claim his kingdom and go back to aZB as a conquering hero? Time will tell. St. </div></div>Stretch no one wants to run off the lefties.Hondo started all of this by posting lies about people.They found out and came here.People are mad and i don't blame them.Hondo told me to read the posts from the other site which i did.Many months worth.He sets a pattern of telling people off and not comprehending what he has read.Teachers are smarter than that.He wallows in self pity.Hondo continues to use you folks.He posts about drugs,running around on his wife,slapping other women is this the kind of person you want to look up to.YOU are better then that Stretch.I toast a scotch in your honor Mr.Stretch. </div></div>

Good post.

Yep, Hondo invited us over.

But you know what - this place should be thankful. Folks here finally get a "fair and balanced" view of things instead of liberal nutjob propaganda copied and pasted day after day after day.

So everybody give Hondo a round of applause, come on, here ye, here ye, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow.......

hondo
04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
There's not much left to conquer.

LWW
04-16-2010, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One need only watch the spittle-flinging liberal mobs on our college campuses as they shout down anyone whom they disagree with to see the true haters in action.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/16/10-most-offensive-tea-par_n_187554.html </div></div>

Please ... put down the spoon and explain in your own words what is "OFFENSIVE" about the signs shown.

This otter be good.

LWW </div></div>

Soooo ... I guess you can't explain why you believe they were offensive, other than the party told you to believe they were offensive.

LWW

LWW
04-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Some examples of the things HuffingtonPost and hondo find offensive:
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1400/slide_1400_20097_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1399/slide_1399_20117_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1399/slide_1399_20079_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1399/slide_1399_20161_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1399/slide_1399_20087_large.jpg
. http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1399/slide_1399_20091_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1391/slide_1391_20054_large.jpg

LWW

hondo
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Here's your sign, dud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGhQnXYjgE

LWW
04-17-2010, 04:42 AM
What an epic fail that was.

You gave a link to the signs I posted.

You said they were offensive.

When asked to explain why you ran for cover.

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>FOCUS</u></span></span> hondo ... and explain what about these signs is offensive.

LWW

hondo
04-17-2010, 05:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's your sign, dud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGhQnXYjgE </div></div>

Bump for dud:
Focus, son, focus.

OOPSY, is "son" racist?

LWW
04-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Was the question too difficult for you?

What is offensive about blacks not supporting Obama?

What is offensive about kids complaining that they will have to work till age 75 just to receive a smaller benefit than you get by retiring before age 60?

What is offensive about a 1st grader complaining that in order to fulfill your agenda they are already indebted more than enough to pay for 4 years of college?

What is offensive about people loving liberty?

What is offensive about our constitution?

What is offensive about truth?

LWW

pooltchr
04-17-2010, 07:38 AM
It's just another manifestation of the victim mentality perpetuated by the left. If someone has a different view from yours, just say you are offended, and they think that puts an end to the discussion.

They do not want discussion.
They do not want bipartisanship.
They want to dictate!

Steve

LWW
04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Well ... we both know he believed they were offensive because he was told he believed they were offensive. At that point I honestly don't believe he had even looked at them.

Once he did view them and had to make his case ... he simply flipped channels in his mind and claimed that he was talking about a different set of signs.

The said thing is that he actually now believes that he was talking about a different set the whole time.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;DOUBLETHINK&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink)</u></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it</span>, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself</span> -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.</span>"</div></div>

LWW

hondo
04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was the question too difficult for you?

What is offensive about blacks not supporting Obama?

What is offensive about kids complaining that they will have to work till age 75 just to receive a smaller benefit than you get by retiring before age 60?

What is offensive about a 1st grader complaining that in order to fulfill your agenda they are already indebted more than enough to pay for 4 years of college?

What is offensive about people loving liberty?

What is offensive about our constitution?

What is offensive about truth?

LWW </div></div>

Here's your sign, dudley:

hondo
04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just another manifestation of the victim mentality perpetuated by the left. If someone has a different view from yours, just say you are offended, and they think that puts an end to the discussion.

They do not want discussion.
They do not want bipartisanship.
They want to dictate!

Steve </div></div>

Here's your sign, steve:

hondo
04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well ... we both know he believed they were offensive because he was told he believed they were offensive. At that point I honestly don't believe he had even looked at them.

Once he did view them and had to make his case ... he simply flipped channels in his mind and claimed that he was talking about a different set of signs.

The said thing is that he actually now believes that he was talking about a different set the whole time.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;DOUBLETHINK&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink)</u></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it</span>, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself</span> -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.</span>"</div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Here's your sign, dudley. Open at your leisure:

wolfdancer
04-17-2010, 12:29 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-17-2010, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGhQnXYjgE </div></div>

So the questions were in fact too hard for you.

But ... I already knew that.

Also ... thanks for confirming every point in the post you quoted.

LWW

hondo
04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Open at your liesure, oops, leisure.
For an English teacher my spelling has become atroshus, er, atrochious, er, awful, since I retired. Feel free to comment on content.

Thanks.

LWW
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I would just like an answer instead of a deflection.

LWW

pooltchr
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
In the immortal words of Ron White...You can't fix stupid!

Steve

Sev
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm.

hondo
04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Still waiting for a critique from dudley:

LWW
04-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Your deflections fool nobody Byrdman.

You claimed that the signs I posted ... from your link ... were "OFFENSIVE" and all I've asked for was an explanation of what was offensive about them?

Why should I critique your second link when you refuse to answer such a simple question?

LWW

LWW
04-18-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Ron White...You can't fix stupid!

Steve </div></div>

Sorry ... but this is deeper than that.

H isn't stupid ... and I say this at risk of him going into a martyr fit again, as he did the last time I said he wasn't stupid ... he is fully capable of using logic on this issue.

The frustrating part is that he absolutely refuses to do so.

Hitler and Lenin weren't dangerous because he could get the uneducated to follow him. History is full of charismatic leaders who could get the uneducated and feeble minded to follow them.

They were dangerous because he could get highly educated people such as VonBraun, Mengele, Goering, Himmler, Goebbels, Riefenstahl, Gokhran, Krasin, Mikoyan, Litvinow, Hammer, and others to follow them.

Obama has that same Svengali like ability to take educated and literate people and get them to actually <span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>BELIEVE</u></span> naked propaganda.

LWW