PDA

View Full Version : APA forces team name change

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2002, 06:48 AM
Local team (Trenton OH) "Fucifinos" shows up on APA website as "Finos". Ha Ha Ha!

"Rage against the table" and "Sindy's Snipers" were allowed to keep original names.

Well I thought it was funny /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Lester
08-21-2002, 06:52 AM
Wally, I can see the problem they would have with Fucifinos, but what possible objection could they have with "Rage Against the Table" or "Sindy's Snipers". ***Lester***

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2002, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> Wally, I can see the problem they would have with Fucifinos, but what possible objection could they have with "Rage Against the Table" or "Sindy's Snipers". ***Lester*** <hr></blockquote>

None. I was just making a dumb joke /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

MikeM
08-21-2002, 07:15 AM
In my 8-ball league there is a team with three guys named Nguyen and one named Atwood. They call themselves "3 Chinks and a Cracker". This year my team added a Kakigi to the Stokes, Wilson and Mason and naturally we call ourselves "3 Crackers and a Chink". It was Mr. Kakigi's idea and no one seems to be offended.

MM

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2002, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> In my 8-ball league there is a team with three guys named Nguyen and one named Atwood. They call themselves "3 Chinks and a Cracker". This year my team added a Kakigi to the Stokes, Wilson and Mason and naturally we call ourselves "3 Crackers and a Chink". It was Mr. Kakigi's idea and no one seems to be offended.

MM <hr></blockquote>

I'm not touchin' that one due to my previous "Mexican" faux pas /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif.

BTW I guess our local open team "Chicks and Dicks" would not get past the APA name police either /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-21-2002, 08:06 AM
At the Corner Billiards 9 Ball Team league a couple of seasons ago, they had a team that went by the name "Morning Wood" and another by the name "Liquor Balls". You can imagine the laughter that arose amongst the patrons when the matches were being announced: "On table 7, Morning Wood vs. Liquor Balls"

Lester
08-21-2002, 08:07 AM
Not even if all the male members of the team were actually named Richard would that work. lol ***Lester***

bluewolf
08-21-2002, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> At the Corner Billiards 9 Ball Team league a couple of seasons ago, they had a team that went by the name "Morning Wood" and another by the name "Liquor Balls". You can imagine the laughter that arose amongst the patrons when the matches were being announced: "On table 7, Morning Wood vs. Liquor Balls" <hr></blockquote>

When we start our team it will be 'howling wolves' &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

dave
08-21-2002, 08:14 AM
I am embarassed to say that the APA team "Busch Liquors" comes from my area. They got suspended for sandbagging, but surprisingly no one ever made them change their name. And they competed in Vegas regularly for over ten years?!

Sid_Vicious
08-21-2002, 08:33 AM
A couple I liked(heard one on the CCB some time back) was one team with one lady and the rest men called "Four Sticks and One Pocket", and another team locally a while back, "Big Balls Big Sticks." sid~~~likes the Busch Liquors name, reminds me of a tee shirt logo for Busch Beer "If You Like My Mountains, You'll Love My Busch" ;-)

Eric.
08-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Ben and Anita joined his list. Maybe he's on to something?

Eric &gt;?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
In Vegas:

MONEYSHOTS
IT'S LIKE A NIGHTMARE
CARVIN' A PIG OUTTA WOOD
BANK N SPANK (LONGMONT CO)
BREAK-N-TAKE (LONGMONT CO)
ENEMY OF THE STATE
EX-DUFFERS
GO SHARK YOURSELF
8BALL ALCHEMY (sic)
GOT SHAPE?
TWICE BAKED
HERE'S YOUR QUARTER
OTIS DAY &amp; THE KNIGHTS
BLUES N' CUES
WHAT HAPPENED TO LESLEY?
7 POOLPLAYERS &amp; 1 IDIOT
1 DOG &amp; 7 PUPS
BIG UN'S (Al Bundy would love that)
WHITE TRASH
MOTLEY CUES
MOOSE NUCKLES

Tom_In_Cincy
08-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Faux Cues
Balls to the Wall
Felt Up!
The Hired Guns
Bank on This
Great Balls of Fire
The Inside Spin
Hot from the Kitchen
Lots of Bottom (Heavy set girls team....I think english was implied)
Drop ya Pockets
Crem8ors
We Be's Strokin'
Big Tippers
Yipes Stripes!

And everyone's favorite...
We've Got the Runs

Tom_In_Cincy
08-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Busch Liquors
Texas Express
Misfits
Predators
Whitey's Boys
Blue Fingers
Dough Boys
Blind Squirrels
Smiling Faces
Big Balls
Bucket Brigade (buckets of beer)
Squirt
Toast
GO Nads
Balls to the Wall
Felt Up!
The Hired Guns
Bank on This
Great Balls of Fire
The Inside Spin
Hot from the Kitchen
Lots of Bottom
Drop ya Pockets
Crem8ors
We Be's Strokin'
Big Tippers
Yipes Stripes!
We've Got the Runs
Faux Cues
Fucifinos
Pha Cues
Chicks and Dicks
Reef Madness
Ball Scratchers
Chix with Sticks
Six Pack and a Shot
Jackie's Jokers
Cuetopia
Ball Breakers
Frequent Flyers
The Drill Team
Big Balls
BUST N BALLS
Big Stix
Nice Rack
Nicer Rack
We Like Racks
Three Sticks and a Pocket

08-21-2002, 11:40 AM
I spoke to a girl from New York in Vegas during the BCA tournament (their team won the women's master's this year, so some of you may know who some of the girls on that team are) who said she plays on an all-girl APA team with 7 other girls, and she explained the name like this: "It's called Octopussy. You know, Octo, 8; [censored], like, 8 pussies"

Doh!

08-21-2002, 01:15 PM
Hmm, "pu$$y" was censored, but "pu$$ies" wasn't.

SpiderMan
08-21-2002, 01:22 PM
If these girls are supposedly Master's-level players in BCA (first-place Master's at that!), how does a team of them meet the "23" rule in APA? That would have to be the world's most serious case of sandbagging.

SpiderMan

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2002, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> If these girls are supposedly Master's-level players in BCA (first-place Master's at that!), how does a team of them meet the "23" rule in APA? That would have to be the world's most serious case of sandbagging.

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>

The girls on the APA team are not necessarily the same as the girls on the BCA team.

The BCA team was Cuechick's team. They were called "Mudhoney". I don't know what that means. Must be an East coast thing.

So long from flyover country,

08-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Only the one girl who was telling me this was on the APA team, I believe. As far as a "23" rule, they don't all have to play each night. Some would have to sit out each week.

08-21-2002, 02:39 PM
got a local LADIES???? team down here named CONTROLS................. spelled KUNTROLS

shayla
08-21-2002, 05:32 PM
I've played on a couple all womens teams. One of our team names was:

All Bust No Balls

We liked it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif