PDA

View Full Version : CNN exposes the tea party and the lies.

LWW
04-15-2010, 05:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(CNN) -- When it comes to the Tea Party movement, the stereotypes don't tell the whole story. ...

But here's what you don't often see in the coverage of Tea Party rallies: Patriotic signs professing a love for country; mothers and fathers with their children;<span style='font-size: 17pt'> African-Americans proudly participating; and senior citizens bopping to a hip-hop rapper.</span>

CNN was the only national news outlet on this Western leg of the tour. We had a full team on the ground: myself, correspondent Ed Lavandera, producers Tracy Sabo and Jim Spellman and the crew of the CNN Express bus. For Spellman, it was his third Tea Party Express tour.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Together, we beamed out images of the anger and the optimism, profiled African-Americans who are proud to be in the Tea Party's minority and showed activists stirred by "God Bless America" or amused by a young rapper who strung together rhymes against the president and Democrats.</span>

The CNN Express traveled with the Tea Party Express buses for hundreds of miles, from rally to rally to rally.

Being at a Tea Party rally is not quite like seeing it on TV, in newspapers or online. That's the reason CNN is covering this political movement -- and doing so in ways few others can or choose to do.

It is important to show the colorful anger Americans might have against elected leaders and Washington. But people should also see the orange-vested Tea Party hospitality handlers who welcome you with colorful smiles.

There were a few signs that could be seen as offensive to African-Americans. But by and large, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>no one I spoke with or I heard from on stage said anything that was approaching racist.</span>

Almost everyone I met <span style='font-size: 17pt'>was welcoming to this African-American television news producer.
And though speakers railed against the "lame-stream media," activists and their leaders praised CNN, especially for being the only national media outlet riding along for the post-weekend stops. Some of them e-mailed me after my trip, thanking our crew for fairly giving them a voice.</span>...

So, it's important that with a newsworthy, growing phenomenon like the Tea Party movement, viewers and readers fully understand what they see and what they don't. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;THE STATIST HATE MACHINE SEEMS TO HAVE LOST A PIECE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/07/tea.party.rallies/index.html)

LWW

llotter
04-15-2010, 06:00 AM
One reasonable article from CNN does not balance out the 99 unreasonable ones.

LWW
04-15-2010, 06:07 AM
True ... but when a leftist has the courage to step from the echo chamber and denounce the statist left's hate machine they should be welcomed with open arms.

We should not allow ourselves to drop into the hate filled gutter in which the statist's thrive.

LWW

cushioncrawler
04-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Well
Hi there people
You know me

I used to run a little joint called Germany.
I was number one
The people's choice
And everybody listened to my mighty voice.
My name is Adolf
I'm on the mike.
I'm gonna hip you to the story of the New Third Reich.
It all began down in Munich town and pretty soon
The word started gettin' around.
So I said to Martin Boorman
I said
Hey Marty, why don't we throw a little nazi party?
We had an election
Well
Kinda sorta
And before you knew it hello
New order.
To all those mothers in the fatherland I said
Achtung, Baby, I got me a plan
'YVhatcha got Adolf? Whatcha gonna do?"
I said "how about this one
World War Two?"

To be or not to be
Oh baby
Can't you see

We're gonna take it to the top. You're making history
And it feels so good to me
Ooh darlin'
Please don't ever stop.
Don't be stupid; be a smarty
Come on and join the nazi party - party.
Like humpty dumpty offa that wall

All the little countries they began to fall
Holland
Belgium
Denmark
Poland-
The troops were rockin' and the tanks were rollin'

We were swingin' along with a song in our hearts.
And "Deutschland über alles" was making the charts

We had a new step called a goosestep we were dancing to.
Well
It's sorta kinda like a German boogaloo

I was gettin' what I wanted
But it wasn't enough.
So I called the boys
I said boys
Get though

Now I surrounded myself with some unusual cats.
There was skinny little Göbbels and Göring mister fats

And let's not forget ole Himmler and Hess.
You'd better believe we made a hell of a mess

Say Heil - Heil - siegety Heil
We gonna whip it on the people teutonic style
To be or not to be
Oh baby
Can't you see

We're gonna make it to the top. You are our destiny

This thing was meant to be
Why don't we do it till we drop?
Say you boots ain't black and shirt ainY brown?
Well
Get back Jack
You can't get down. Do it
Adolf
Do it.
I drank wine from the Rhine with the finest ladies

And we did it in the back of my black Mercedes.

I was on a roll
I couldn't lose
Then came D-day
The birth of the blues.
The Yanks and the Brits started raising cain

Those guys were the pits
I was goin' insane.
People all around me started swallowing pills

Let's face it
Folks
We was going downhill.
Berlin was crumbling
We was under the gun

Time to look out for number one.
So I grabbed a blonde and a case of beer

Say the Russians are commin'
Lets get out of here.

To be or not to be
Oh honey
Can't you see

We had to take it to the top. You sure made history
And it felt so good to me
Oh schatze

Please don't ever stop.

Auf wiedersehn
Good to've seen ya

I got a one way ticket to Argentina.
To be or not to be
Oh baby
Can't you see

We've got to take it to the top. You're makin' history
And it feels so good to me

Why don't we do it till we drop?
We have ways of making you dance . . .
- Sprechen Sie Argentinian ?

hondo
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Very good, sir.

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True ... but when a leftist has the courage to step from the echo chamber and denounce the statist left's hate machine they should be welcomed with open arms.

We should not allow ourselves to drop into the hate filled gutter in which the statist's thrive.

LWW </div></div>Very good,sir Lww.

Sev
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

They wouldn't dare to say so even if they thought it.

hondo
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

</div></div>

Why ask our johnny?
He's not interested. It's not a scotch party.
Sev, I don't think he grasps too much of what's going on around him.
Reminds me of that old joke about God and brains and trains.
Our johnny took the short bus.

JohnnyD
04-15-2010, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

</div></div>

Why ask our johnny?
He's not interested. It's not a scotch party.
Sev, I don't think he grasps too much of what's going on around him.
Reminds me of that old joke about God and brains and trains.
Our johnny took the short bus. </div></div>But you get caught in outright lies every week.Not very trust worthy.Again with the racist remarks.Like you said you would put my black ass in the back of the bus.IF i took the short bus then you must still be hitch hiking.

LAMas
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

</div></div>

Is JohnnyD a genuine Black Brother and not just a dark half Arab from Kenya?

JohnnyD
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

</div></div>

Is JohnnyD a genuine Black Brother and not just a dark half Arab from Kenya? </div></div>Part only.

JohnnyD
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
[quote=Sev]One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

[/quote You have seen hondo and his two cronies in action daily telling people they are idiots ect.People in this world should be classed in two parties either GOOD or BAD.Being a conservative to me means working on my own for me and my family.Saving money instead of running up bills.Fiscal responsibilty is in all of our interests yet some people would argue against using a common sense approach to problems in life.I could have taken a ride on the coat tails of jessie jackson and others years ago but didn't.I grew up in a household that taught us all to be our own person and never be a burden on anyone else.Now please tell me,anyone, what is wrong with that.

LAMas
04-16-2010, 01:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Sev]One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

[/quote You have seen hondo and his two cronies in action daily telling people they are idiots ect.People in this world should be classed in two parties either GOOD or BAD.Being a conservative to me means working on my own for me and my family.Saving money instead of running up bills.Fiscal responsibilty is in all of our interests yet some people would argue against using a common sense approach to problems in life.I could have taken a ride on the coat tails of jessie jackson and others years ago but didn't.I grew up in a household that taught us all to be our own person and never be a burden on anyone else.Now please tell me,anyone, what is wrong with that. </div></div>

Nothing at all.

Bless you Brother for seeing the light of self determination.

Tis Noble of you for not scavenging off of your own like Jessie, Sharpton and that half white dark Arab from Kenya.

Can I get an Amen?

hondo
04-16-2010, 05:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

</div></div>

Is JohnnyD a genuine Black Brother and not just a dark half Arab from Kenya? </div></div>Part only. </div></div>

Which part?

hondo
04-16-2010, 05:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Sev]One has to wonder if the the libs think all the blacks in the tea parties are ignorant and racist.

[/quote You have seen hondo and his two cronies in action daily telling people they are idiots ect.People in this world should be classed in two parties either GOOD or BAD.Being a conservative to me means working on my own for me and my family.Saving money instead of running up bills.Fiscal responsibilty is in all of our interests yet some people would argue against using a common sense approach to problems in life.I could have taken a ride on the coat tails of jessie jackson and others years ago but didn't.I grew up in a household that taught us all to be our own person and never be a burden on anyone else.Now please tell me,anyone, what is wrong with that. </div></div>

An excellent post, johnny.
If you would show more of this side of you and not
the Hondo hate monger who shadow posts me hurling insults,
you would have my respect.

Take this post and use it as a catalyst to start to act with some maturity on here
and we will all be better for it.

Again, I congratulate on this post and I will have a Jamesons in your honor at 11 A.M.

Sev
04-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Actually the post was meant to stand alone. I keep forgetting that the page is set up to link to the last post if you use the quick post box.

Quite annoying actually.

hondo
04-16-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually the post was meant to stand alone. I keep forgetting that the page is set up to link to the last post if you use the quick post box.

Quite annoying actually. </div></div>

I agree. I have made the same mistake lately.