PDA

View Full Version : Beck, O'Reilly, Rush, Hannity, Morris Lying Again

Gayle in MD
04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Same lies written right here, by the RW Sheep, no surprise, since they get all they're propaganda from Fox, Limpballs, Beck....and suck up the Kool Aid, like the uninformed sheep they've always been.... </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jail Time for Insurance Evaders? Yes, Said Fox News
Posted by Kate Pickert Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 2:33 pm

A little more than a week ago, Tom Coburn did something fairly courageous by political standards. At a town hall meeting in Oklahoma, the conservative Republican senator referred to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as a “nice lady” and criticized Fox News. (He was briefly booed for the Pelosi comment.) After an audience member mentioned “the possibility of imprisonment” for those who don't buy health insurance, Coburn told her, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>“The intention is not to put anybody in jail. That makes for good TV news on FOX but that isn't the intention.”</span>(This is true, the reform law expressly prohibits the government from jailing anyone who fails to either obtain health insurance or pay a tax penalty.)

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Then, last night Fox News's Bill O'Reilly raked Coburn over the coals for his comment about the network. O'Reilly said no one had ever appeared on Fox News and told viewers they would go to jail if they didn't buy health insurance. “We researched on Fox News if anybody had ever said you're going to jail if you don't buy health insurance. Nobody's ever said it.”</span>

Like Coburn, I was pretty sure I'd heard exactly this assertion numerous times on Fox News, so I did a quick search of their transcripts. Here's what I found (emphasis mine):

YOUR WORLD WITH NEIL CAVUTO, November 13, 2009

CAVUTO: So, how much will Senator Harry Reid's health care bill ultimately cost? Come Monday, we should find out, but, the longer the wait, the more the leaks. And here's the latest, a $54 billion addition, a report today saying that the tax threshold on those so-called Cadillac plans is now being raised to $23,000 for couples from $21,000.

That means fewer union members then would potentially get hit. Could that be a payoff for union support and a big Democratic base?

Republican Congressman Dave Reichert of Washington says yes. Congressman, if that is the case, will that $2,000 difference make the difference?

REP. DAVE REICHERT (R), WASHINGTON: Well, you know, what I`m worried about is that we continue on with this -- this whole idea that we're going to pay for this bill by taxing people. So, now we're going to tax their health insurance plans. On the House side, we have already passed a bill that taxes families, taxes small businesses, taxes medical devices for seniors and our special-needs community. And then we are also going to fine people and send them to jail. So, the bill just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. Every day that goes by...

CAVUTO: I understand, Congressman.

GLENN BECK, November 12, 2009

BECK: They justify the $1 dollar health care plan by saving, you know, money through some magical fairy money. I don't know how they're going to do it. They don't play by the rules the rest of us have to play by, because they make them up as they go! But if you don't play by their new rules on health care -- oh, here's a new little twist. Have you heard this? You're going to be looking at a fun little stint in jail.

HANNITY, November 10, 2009

HANNITY: All right, Dick Morris was on the program last night. Penalties for people who don't get government-mandated health insurance. Jail time, possibility? Here's President Obama addressing this in an interview.

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: If you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable, and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand- dollar hidden tax that families all across America are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance. You know, there is nothing wrong with a penalty. Penalties are appropriate for people who try to free ride the system and force others to pay for their health insurance.

HANNITY: Jail? Is that...

MUELLER: We are losing freedom. The Berlin Wall anniversary is just the other day. And these are the kind of policies that used to be imposed on people behind that wall. One problem we're going to have, though, Sean, they're going to have, though, Sean, they're going to have to do something about prisons. They're going to put all these people in jail. It cost $50,000 a year to take care of a prisoner. So they're going to have to do prison reform.

HANNITY: That's going to be true.

MUELLER: Democrats don't like to do prisons.

HANNITY: Put people in jail if they don't get their government mandated health? We're going to tax business. We're going to tax individuals. There's going to be fines. There's going to be penalties. There's a millionaire's tax. We're paying for it through the wall. This is what you want?

GLENN BECK, November 10, 2009

JUDGE NAPOLITANO (filling in for Beck): Last Saturday, at 11:00 in the evening, the House of Representatives voted by a five-vote margin to have the federal government manage the health care of everyone in America at a cost of over $1 trillion over the next 10 years. For the first time in American history, if this bill becomes law, the Feds will force you to buy insurance you might not want or may not need or cannot afford. If you don't purchase what the government tells you to buy, if you don't do so when they tell you to do it, if you don't buy just what they say is right for you, the government may fine you, prosecute you, and even put you in jail.

HANNITY, November 9, 2009

HANNITY: All right. You've got -- the senators are saying no way. OK? Lieberman is saying he'll filibuster. You've got the blue -- you've got in the Senate they're saying no way they're going to get a government option. Then you've got these two internal battles that I just described. How do you see this?

DICK MORRIS: Well, the fight over the public option is the focus at the moment of the Senate debate and the abortion provision as well. I don't personally much care about either one. I think that the bill, even with the abortion amendment and even without the public option, is plenty injurious itself. That would leave the Medicare cuts, the huge payments by the uninsured. One of the provisions in the Pelosi bill is you actually can go to jail for not having health insurance. It says that if you don't have health insurance, you have to pay a fine of 2.5 percent of your income to the government. And if you don't, you face $250,000 or five years in prison. Can you imagine your prison yard, what are you in for? Murder. I'm in for rape. I didn't have health insurance.

CAVUTO, November 20, 2009

CHARLES PAYNE (hosting): Stocks slipping a bit today. That makes it three straight days in the red. But that may have nothing to do with one firm's hunch, if it is right. Timothy Geithner's job could be hanging in the balance. The treasury secretary facing major heat on Capitol Hill from Republicans and some Democratic congressman, some even calling for his resignation, both sides, by the way. Is this advice alarmist or practical? Let's ask "FOX Business" all- stars, Matt McCall, Tracy Byrnes, Mark Tatge and Gary B. Smith.

Gary B., practical or alarmist?

GARY B. SMITH, EXEMPLAR CAPITAL: I think it is very practical. Look, Charles, at some of the things we've seen. You don't pay your health insurance taxes, you could go to prison. You are chairman of G.M., we don't like you, you're fired! You know, Wall Street, we gave you money, no Christmas party for you! You know what that sounds like to me? That sounds like Soviet Russia back in the '60s and '70s. We know how well their economy turned out.

All of these statements were made after the Senate Finance Committee passed its version of the health reform legislation, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>which specifically prohibited imprisoning people for refusing to pay the tax penalty levied on those without insurance. </span>To be fair, the House bill did not specifically prohibit this, but it also did not include this threat. Critics who said failure to obtain insurance would result in jail time were quoting a piece of the internal revenue code, not any version of health reform legislation. Further explanation here, here, and here.

Read more: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/04/...t#ixzz0lBDgpDxo (http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/04/14/jail-time-for-insurance-evaders-yes-said-fox-news/?xid=huffpo-direct#ixzz0lBDgpDxo)
</div></div>

eg8r
04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(This is true, the reform law expressly prohibits the government from jailing anyone who fails to either obtain health insurance or pay a tax penalty.)
</div></div>Why don't you copy/paste what the reform law actually says? Is it because you don't even know?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(This is true, the reform law expressly prohibits the government from jailing anyone who fails to either obtain health insurance or pay a tax penalty.)
</div></div>Why don't you copy/paste what the reform law actually says? Is it because you don't even know?

eg8r </div></div>

O'Reilly, Back, Limpballs, Morris, Hannity, all lied. Why don't you address the subject of the post, for once? disprove it or STFU.

G.

ugotda7
04-15-2010, 09:39 AM
A Liberal Guide to Debating Conservatives
Mar 31, 2010 Author Scot Cerullo

Liberals have long since learned that debating Conservatives can be a challenging endeavor, since Conservatives have a penchant for fortifying their arguments with facts, statistics, history and other elements that create convincing and thoughtful arguments.

Not to worry. The following are several tips Liberals can use right away to begin defeating Conservatives in every debate, every time.

Lib Tip # 1: Drop the Race Card: The moment your Conservative opponent begins crafting a cogent, air-tight argument buttressed in fact, drop the race card. This technique is designed to stifle further discussion, impugns your opponent and puts him on the defensive. Often, this is enough of a distraction to direct attention away from your lack of qualitative, quantitative evidence.

Lib Tip # 2: Impugn the Source: When debating a Conservative, content is less important than character. When your Conservative opponent states a compelling argument, do not address the argument and instead attack the Conservative personally. Since we are all sinners, it shouldn’t take long to find something wrong with your opponent. Use it.

Lib Tip # 3: Social Justice Trumps Logic: Argue every issue from a “Social Justice” or “Moral” high-ground. The Conservative will attempt to show that your ideas are unworkable, unsustainable or downright illogical. Don’t worry about any of that. Just stay on message by arguing from the moral, social justice perspective.

Lib Tip # 4: Exploit the Weakest Link: Define your opponent by his weakest link. If 10,000 Tea Partiers hold a rally, and one guy has a placard that is inappropriate, that is all you need to characterize the entire group as radical, racist militants. See how that works? It’s simple and fun and, most importantly, deflects all those awkward facts and articulate points away from the discussion and leaves the Conservative in a defensive mode.

Lib Tip # 5: Use “New Speak”: If health care is not a right according to the Constitution, and you want it to be a right, claim it is and then raise your voice. Raising your voice is always the best course of action in lieu of a good argument. Redefine words to suit your needs, and always be on guard for any stray, powerful fact or statistic the Conservative may use to support their position.

Lib Tip # 6: State the Opposite of what you believe: If you are in favor of taking money from producers and giving it to non-producers, that’s fine, but make sure your wording is a bit more obtuse than that. Try saying you are in favor of moral and social justice, and characterize everyone who earns a good living as somehow having won the lottery in life, and all those who want as being desperately hard-working folks who have an almost allergic reaction to hand-outs. Never imply or point out in any way that people can change their situation simply by making better decisions.

Lib Tip # 7: Define America by it’s Errors, not its Successes: Taking a cue from Lib Tip # 4, it is important to characterize America by it’s errors in judgement and misdeeds. It is critical that you completely overlook the good things America has done, and the manner in which it has beaten back one dictatorship after another. In fact, you must go to some lengths to divert people from the notion that without America, the world would be a far more dangerous, hostile, sad place. So talk about Indians and Slaves.

Lib Tip # 8: Blame talk radio and FOX news for fanning hate and racism: Avoid at all costs the fact that both talk radio and FOX news stand in defiant refutation of an otherwise fully agreeable media that presents only one template, a liberal template. Also, attempt to divert attention should someone ask why Conservative Talk Radio and FOX news is growing exponentially, while traditional, liberal media is closing offices, thinning their employees and running deficits like, you know, the government.

Lib Tip # 9: Government is Good: Insist that a massive expansion of government is a good thing. Assert that it is our patriotic duty to pay ever more in taxes so that a centralized government comprised of east and west coast Liberal elites can decide what is best for the unwashed masses, since it would be sheer lunacy to allow individuals the right to make decisions for themselves. If you run into problems, see Tips 1-8.

Lib Tip # 10: Assign Blame away from Yourself: Always assign blame to the other guy, preferably a Conservative. This may require rewriting history so that people may one day believe that Reagan did NOT usher in 25 years of prosperity, or it may require still more retooling of the content of public school text books. But over time we’ll get there.

Remember: The ends justify the means. No matter how cruel and violating the means may be, if it results in a mediocre society where all citizens ultimately suck off the the government for their most meager needs, it will all be worthwhile.

There is of course the small matter of where all the money for all these programs will come from. Right now, they come from spirited entrepreneurs, dreamers with drive and other people whose passion poses a direct threat to the new world we want to usher in.

But first things first. Learn the ten tips to squelch free speech, hurt your opponent with the intellectual equivelant of a kick to the groin and avoid facts, statistics and studies altogether, as those will get you in trouble.

Good luck Liberals! Battle on and remember what Dennis Prager said: The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. Oh wait, no. You don’t want to remember that. My bad. Here, try this: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. Yeah, that’s the one. Whew!

pooltchr
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> disprove it or STFU.

G. </div></div>

That's why we love Gayle so much...she is such a classy lady!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

ugotda7
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> disprove it or STFU.

G. </div></div>

That's why we love Gayle so much...she is such a classy lady!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

Yeah, she sure is isn't she?

LWW
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

O'Reilly, Back, Limpballs, Morris, Hannity, all lied. Why don't you address the subject of the post, for once? disprove it or STFU.

G. </div></div>

Dearie ... you claimed they were telling lies ... it's your liability to show that they did this.

I won't dip into the vulgarity like you want people to do ... and I understand why you do.

You have been carrying water uphill for the party for many years and the hill keeps getting steeper and steeper.

LWW

eg8r
04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Come on, now you are just being ridiculous. I copied a quote directly out of your copy/paste job asking if you were going to post what the law actually said. Since you are calling these people liars this would be an easy way to prove it?

As an adult you should be able to keep your gutter language out of the post. Why should I try disproving something that you did not even take the time prove? At this point all you are doing is copying someone else accusations. Wake up granny, you are definitely falling short on this one.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And then we are also going to fine people and send them to jail.
Have you heard this? You're going to be looking at a fun little stint in jail.
Jail time, possibility?
Jail? Is that...
We are losing freedom.
One problem we're going to have, though, Sean, they're going to have, though, Sean, they're going to have to do something about prisons.
They're going to put all these people in jail.
It cost $50,000 a year to take care of a prisoner.
So they're going to have to do prison reform.
Democrats don't like to do prisons.
Put people in jail if they don't get their government mandated health?
if you don't do so when they tell you to do it, if you don't buy just what they say is right for you, the government may fine you, prosecute you, and even put you in jail.
One of the provisions in the Pelosi bill is you actually can go to jail for not having health insurance.
And if you don't, you face $250,000 or five years in prison.
Can you imagine your prison yard, what are you in for? Murder. I'm in for rape. I didn't have health insurance.
You don't pay your health insurance taxes, you could go to prison.</div></div>Thats a lot of "jail" and "prison" in there.
madMac.

llotter
04-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Failure to pay the fine can constitute “felony willful evasion” which is punishable by a $250,000 fine and up to five years in prison. (H.R. 3962, §7201).[i]

cushioncrawler
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Priest -- "what are u in for".
Inmate 2 -- "murder".
Inmate 3 -- "rape".
Inmate 2 and 3 to priest -- "what are u in for, fukking altar boys???"
Priest -- "nah, i didnt hav health insurance".
madMac.

Sev
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Rut Row.

Could it be that G flee???

Qtec
04-16-2010, 12:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cavuto "researched this," admitted "a number of Fox personalities" made the false claim

Cavuto: "I've researched this, and a number of Fox personalities had made that comment." On the April 14 edition of Your World, Cavuto responded to Sen. Tom Coburn's (R-OK) prior statement during a town hall meeting that contrary to a constituent's claim, the idea that individuals could be put in jail for not having health insurance under the recently-passed health care legislation "makes for good TV news on Fox but that isn't the intention." Cavuto admitted to Coburn regarding the jail-time falsehood: "You're quite right, I've researched this and a number of Fox personalities had made that comment." </div></div>

Q

Qtec
04-16-2010, 12:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">House bill did not punish those who do not have insurance with imprisonment. Those Fox News figures distorted the provision of the bill that required individuals to be covered by a minimum level of health insurance or pay a tax. In a letter, the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) stated that if individuals did not have adequate health insurance and refused to pay that tax, they could be subject to "civil and criminal penalties for noncompliance," just like they would be if they failed to pay other types of taxes. The committee's letter explains that the tax code provides penalties to prevent tax evasion of any sort: "The Code provides for both civil and criminal penalties to ensure complete and accurate reporting of tax liability and to discourage fraudulent attempts to defeat or evade tax." [Joint Committee on Taxation letter, 11/5/09]

Most delinquent taxes and penalties <u>"collected through the civil process," not the criminal process.</u> According to the JCT letter, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>fewer than 100 people were convicted for "willful failure to file or pay taxes" in fiscal year 2008</span>. Instead, the letter states that <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"The majority of delinquent taxes and penalties are collected through the civil process."</span> </div></div>

Q

Qtec
04-16-2010, 01:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why should I try disproving something that you did not even take the time prove? </div></div>

That is rich.....LMAO.

The only thing you have ever proved on this board is that you are an imbecile.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-16-2010, 05:50 AM
So, none of you can actually quote the law?

What's that?

You didn't read it?

I already knew that.

LWW

llotter
04-16-2010, 07:10 AM
I did quote the healthcare bill and it is clear that those folks were not lying and all of your obfuscations will not change to plain truth. Of course, the conservatives here know that 'truth' is not relevant to the liberals here.

Sev
04-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Indeed.

pooltchr
04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Q. Here is the problem with your reasoning. The IRS is the organization charged with enforcing the HC mandate.
The federal government has, in the past, used the IRS and charges of tax evasion to put people in jail.
What would make you think it wouldn't happen again?
Of course, you don't have anything to worry about, since you really don't have a dog in the fight.

Steve

sack316
04-16-2010, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fewer than 100 people were convicted for "willful failure to file or pay taxes" in fiscal year 2008</div></div>

The numbers matter? If even only one person were imprisoned because they didn't buy something, I'd say that's wrong. And yes, I know technically the charge would be because they didn't pay the tax penalty... but it is still a penalty originally imposed due to failure to purchase insurance. Word it however you want to, it's still the same thing.

BTW, another side note on how inept the gov't is... but wouldn't it cost more to jail an "offender" than the penalty that wasn't paid would be anyway? As my Mom would say, "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

LWW
04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
First off ... the entire premise of your unlinked source is bogus.

The IRS doesn't operate in the criminal or civil court system. It has it's own court.

LWW

eg8r
04-16-2010, 10:35 PM
So are you saying with all your google powers you could not find the correct info?

eg8r

Qtec
04-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Read. link (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/11/interview-with-the-president-jail-time-for-those-without-health-care-insurance.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper today, President Obama said that penalties are appropriate for people who try to “free ride” the health care system<span style='font-size: 17pt'> but stopped short of endorsing the threat of jail time for those who refuse to pay a fine for not having insurance.</span>

“What I think is appropriate is that in the same way that everybody has to get auto insurance and if you don't, you're subject to some penalty, that in this situation, if you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand dollar hidden tax that families all across America are -- are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance, you know, there's nothing wrong with a penalty.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
Under the House bill those who can afford to buy insurance and don’t’ pay a fine. If they refuse to pay that fine there’s a threat – as with a lot of tax fines – of jail time. <span style='font-size: 20pt'><u><span style="color: #CC0000">The Senate removed that provision in the Senate Finance Committee</span></u>.</span>

Mr. Obama said penalties have to be high enough for people to not game the system, but it’s also important to not be “so punitive” that people who are having a hard time find themselves suddenly worse off, thus why hardship exemptions have been built in the legislation.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>“I think the general broad principle is simply that people who are paying for their health insurance aren't subsidizing folks who simply choose not to until they get sick and then suddenly they expect free health insurance. That's -- that's basic concept of responsibility that I think most Americans abide by,</u></span>” Mr. Obama said, “penalties are appropriate for people who try to free ride the system and force others to pay for their health insurance.”

The President said that he didn’t think the question over the appropriateness of possible jail time is the “biggest question” the House and Senate are facing right now.

Read more from Jake Tapper’s interview with President Obama HERE.

-Sunlen Miller </div></div>

Obama says, "no freeloaders. Everybody pays." I would have thought you guys would agree with that.

Q

LWW
04-17-2010, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama says, "no freeloaders. Everybody pays." I would have thought you guys would agree with that.

Q </div></div>

I know this pains you deeply, but Obama's word isn't law.

The law is the law.

Do you know what the law says?

Obviously not.

LWW

eg8r
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Come on, are you really that stupid? I have asked for a link to what the actual bill says and all you keep doing is giving examples of people saying you won't go to jail. Do you care what the actual bill says or just what people say?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama says, "no freeloaders. Everybody pays." I would have thought you guys would agree with that.</div></div>I am for that, but it is bull as you already know. On top of that, if he was to force everyone to pay then this would be gigantic tax on the poor who could not afford healthcare.

eg8r

Qtec
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000">In the Senate, the Finance Committee’s health care bill was amended <span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>to nullify the possibility of jail time for not paying the penalty tax</u></span></span>. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>It stipulates that in the case of nonpayment, <u>"such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."</u> Instead, the Senate measure would allow the government to collect the tax by deducting it from any IRS tax-refund checks or other government payments.</span> </div></div>

factcheck (http://factcheck.org/2009/11/imprisoned-for-not-having-health-care/)

Happy now?

Q

LAMas
04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
So the penalty would come out of their food stamps, WIC and welfare checks?
How are those 47% that don't pay Fed tax goin buy food or diapers; or nice sneakers and colored nails?

LWW
04-19-2010, 04:27 AM
It's statist word parsing.

Just as the law accepts the concept of a negative tax payment such as the EITC, this would amount to a negative refund.

IOW ... it would simply be added to your tax bill. When not paid it would lead the IRS to garnish your income, abscond with your checking/savings, file liens against your property, and jail you for non payment of your tax bill.

As an addendum ... notice how the statists have "PROVEN" that the IRS won't be the enforcer on this by demonstrating that the IRS will be the enforcer on this.

LWW

eg8r
04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Well, factcheck certainly is not the bill. But lets say their interpretation is correct about how the government will get its money...Explain to us how you disagree that the new healthcare is NOT a new tax on the poor?

eg8r