PDA

View Full Version : . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --.-

LWW
04-15-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our monthly look ahead to the 2012 Presidential race finds Barack Obama more or less tied with all four of the leading candidates for the Republican nomination. He trails Mike Huckabee 47-45 and Mitt Romney 45-44, ties Newt Gingrich at 45-45, and leads Sarah Palin 47-45. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>This is the weakest performance Obama's posted in these 13 monthly surveys</span> and a pretty clear indication that passing health care has not done anything to enhance his political standing, at least in the short term.

It's not that any of the Republican candidates are particularly popular, or even that Obama's approval numbers have declined. But whereas in previous months a good number of the voters disapproving of his job performance weren't ready to commit to voting Republican in 2012 yet, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>now 85-89% of them do in each of these hypothetical contests.</span> That suggests that even if Obama's overall unpopularity has not increased, the intensity of it has. For instance among voters who disapprove of Obama but also have an unfavorable opinion of Sarah Palin, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>she leads him by 22 points in a head to head contest.</span> That wasn't necessarily the case in previous months.

Palin and Gingrich are the most popular among Republican voters...and the least popular overall. 71% of GOP folks have a favorable opinion of Palin but thanks to putrid numbers with Democrats and independents her overall favorability is 38% with 52% of voters having a negative opinion of her. For Gingrich 62% of Republicans see him positively but with similarly bad standing among voters outside the party his total favorability is 34% with 47% of voters expressing negative sentiments toward him.

Romney and Huckabee are less popular within their own parties than Palin and Gingrich but have better overall favorability numbers because they're less toxic to Democrats and independents. There is a real potential in the GOP race if all these folks run to put voters in a situation where they have to decide between who they like best and who they think has the best chance to defeat President Obama.

As we've said before these polls 31 months out from November 2012 don't matter a whole lot, but we do it every month to see the trends <span style='font-size: 17pt'>and it's definitely not a good one for Obama.</span> But things could be completely different two years from now. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/04/obama-gop-folks-knotted-up.html)

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH MY ... THEY INCLUDED A LINK TO THEIR DATA&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_415.pdf)

LWW

sack316
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif like the title of the thread

Sack

LWW
04-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Well he seems to have ongoing problems with plain English ...

LWW

sack316
04-16-2010, 07:08 AM
That's commonplace around here it seems.

Sack

pooltchr
04-16-2010, 07:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">:) like the title of the thread

Sack </div></div>

I'm betting the intended doesn't even know what it says!

Steve

LWW
04-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Of that ... I have zero doubt.

LWW

Sev
04-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Somewhere in the darkness a dusty manual is being opened.

pooltchr
04-17-2010, 05:48 PM
You think maybe he was a boy scout at one time????

I learned that stuff almost 40 years ago and never forgot it.

Steve

LWW
04-18-2010, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You think maybe he was a boy scout at one time????

I learned that stuff almost 40 years ago and never forgot it.

Steve </div></div>

Meaning me?

You bet your badges I was.

On an odd note ... the Boy Scouts of America represented a turning point in my evolvement from brainwashed leftist to enlightened libertarian.

When Bruce B-b-b-babbitt refused to allow the BSA use of federal lands because they were a "SUBVERSIVE PARAMILITARY GROUP" I realized finally that the far left were more than people I disagreed with ... they were people living in a fantasy world that could not be made peace with.

LWW

Sev
04-18-2010, 06:23 AM
I didnt interpret that as being directed at you. Rather to my post.

Had some great times in the BSA when I was a kid.

pooltchr
04-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Correct. I assume someone who would title a thread that way has some working knowledge of the language. I was refering to those who are still trying to figure out what it means.

Steve

LWW
04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
It's OK ... I certainly wasn't offended.

I was recently at BELMONT BILLIARDS, a local uber cool pool room, wearing my US flag bandana as I had driven the Roadster and I had my leather flag jacket:

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/423/987/66/o_flag-jacket-gfrwb.jpghttp://www.wholesaleforeveryone.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/doorags/H1902.jpg

and a member of the local constabulary demanded that I answer whether of not these were "GANG COLORS" I was wearing.

We live in a city which has been a hotbed of moonbatism ... until the local leftists finally got their wish and rid the city of all 26 GM plants that were here 30 years ago ... and there is a local ordinance against wearing "GANG COLORS" in public places.

I answered that in fact they were the colors of a few "GANGS" such as the US Army, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Doolittle's Raiders, Culpepper's Minute Men, and several other subversive groups.

I received a mumble about not having to be a "SMART ASS" when asked a question.

LWW

pooltchr
04-18-2010, 07:49 AM
That's funny! I've seen some law enforcement uniforms, firefighters, and EMT's who wear the flag in the form of a patch on their uniform.

Personally, I thing those particular "gang colors" should become a standard for everyone who believes that this is still the greatest country in history, and are willing to defend it against all enemies who are working to dismantle it!

Steve

LWW
04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
That was deemed to be inappropriate under the last mayor.

To give a good idea of how far the nation has swung ... our last mayor was Rhine McLin who was a 2 term minority mayor and also daughter of a multi term former mayor in a city which is majority minority and went for Obama by 96% to 4%.

Further, the republichickens thought the cause was so hopeless they didn't even run a candidate.

Bottom line was that she lost.

To an independent.

Whom she outspent 60:1.

Who was the victim of a vicious smear campaign.

Who is an immigrant to the USA.

Who was a stay at home dad.

Who ran only as a protest.

Who was quoted as saying "The worst thing that could happen to me is that I win because then I'd have to take the job."

LWW

Sev
04-18-2010, 03:38 PM
That an officer would ask if the red white and blue were gang colors is quite disturbing.

Personally I where T's with the eagle, America or USA printed on it almost every day. I have had Vietnam vets and others start conversions with me simply because I am wearing those shirts.

LWW
04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
In Dayton, patriotism is viewed as "DANGEROUS" by a lot of people.

We own rentals in the city and live within city limits ... but most of our social activity is in the area around the AF base. One can hear some quite interesting stories after a few beers from people who worked in/around USAF FTD and/or ONI.

And, in fairness to the PD ... the jacket was on a hook and the flag not readily clear as to what it was, although the doo-rag was and the "USA" on the sleeves was also.

I will also say that when he entered there were a couple of long haired, maggot infested, dope smoking, FM radio, leftist types at the bar who motioned him over.

I had made a comment that I was celebrating the BD of Ronaldus Magnus ... so he probably had a heads up that I was a non Kool Ade drinker.

LWW

LWW
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
As to tees ... I have several flag/eagle/warbirds etcetera.

I also have a decent selection of Che tees as well believe it or not.

&gt;&gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.che-mart.com/) is the best source I've found.

LWW

Sev
04-19-2010, 07:09 AM
HAHHAHAHHA!!

I like to keep it simple. Eagles, USA, America.

Chances are nobody is going to start putting down America unless they are over the cliff lefties or brainwashed students.

You find a lot of stores in TN carry T's of that nature.

Plus I have never been comfortable with flashy loud in your face shirts.
A simple T that supports America is all you need.

LWW
04-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I understand.

I usually wear my Che shirts to the USAF Museum when the long haired maggot infested dope smoking moonbat hold one of their annual protests over how the empire of America coldly and without cause bomber the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Bock's Car draws the moonbat crowd like a magnet.

With the Che shirts I can blend right in ... until the odd moonbat who can read spots me.

LWW

Sev
04-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Ahhh subtle. Very subtle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM
I've told you I'm a better broadsword as opposed to an epee.

LWW