PDA

View Full Version : Balabushka Cues

MinnesotaSlim
02-27-2002, 11:26 AM
I am in the market for a new cue and was checking out Balabushkas. I know since George Balabushka died, his cues have continued to be made. Are they the same quality or just cheap sticks using the name? They certainly aren't priced cheap.

The slim man

02-27-2002, 11:33 AM
They are replicas. They are made by Adams. Same people who make Helmstetter and Big Bertha golf clubs. Tascarella is the real Balabushka clone.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-27-2002, 12:22 PM
Produced by Adams Cues, the Balabuska's are top of the line "authorized" reproductions.
Adams and Helmstetter are very well known cues and play very well.

CarolNYC
02-27-2002, 04:13 PM
My brother owns an original Balabushka handed down from my father many years ago-any idea what its worth,although he will never part with it!:)
Carol

shojingod
02-27-2002, 04:42 PM
In the Blue Book of Pool cues

Original Balabushka go between 7,500$ to 24,500$ but that is only base price they can still be worth much more. /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Q-guy
02-27-2002, 06:23 PM
A lot of thing would determine it's value. First a willing buyer and a willing seller. They are not all the same collectable value. Some are Spain blanks, some are Szamboti blanks, some are the old Brunswick Titlest blanks. Original shafts add value. How elaborate the cue is. One thing that really seems to sends it up is if you have the whole package. Original shipping box, maybe a letter from him about the order, a receipt. I would love you to post a picture of the cue. I have two myself. Maybe If anyone is interested I will post a picture of mine.

CarolNYC
02-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi,
I will do my best to get it from him,God, he has kept it in its case for almost 40 years or more-he's headed back to WTC, but when he returns, I will scan and show-thanks for asking!
Carol

02-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Tascarella is the real Balabushka clone all right but his cues carry a hefty price. I know because last year I ordered one from him for a friend of mine. Cue was in the $1500 range, altough I have to say the craftmanship is excellent and the cue is worth the price.

02-28-2002, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> snipped
I have tried to contact you regarding the quote you made regarding one of my cases. Your old email address no longer works. Would you contact me direct. Thanks.