PDA

View Full Version : Tax Burden

Qtec
04-19-2010, 02:40 AM
http://trueslant.com/stephenwebster/files/2010/04/taxrates_1955-2007.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Thatís a chart to think about on Tax Day, eh?</span> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Look at how much more the median family is paying compared to 1955. <u>Isnít 1955 smack in the middle of that the fuzzy sort of moral wonderdom most conservatives want to get back to?</u></span>

In Todayís America, the greatest social prime mover is classism and, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>news flash, the vast majority of Americans are on the losing end.</span> Like hip-hop artist Immortal Technique once said, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>black, white or brown, weíre all in the same boat and itís (still) sinking. </span></div></div>

Q

cushioncrawler
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Q -- Themz figures will be bullkrap.
I feel sure that in usofa the rich only havta pay az much tax az they feel at the time.
madMac.

Under
04-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Your range of years is quite broad. It brings in the Reagan revolution in the 80's. You know, when Reagan repeated the economically trained Kennedy, and reduced taxes. On everyone.

Result more revenue for the feds, and a boom for the economy.

Now I don't buy into the concept of progressive income tax, nor anything else that has progressive in it. By the way, what is so progressive about adopting President Wilson's ancient and failed 100 year old concepts?

The part of the chart that I kind of like is where the green bars are decreasing toward where the maroon bars.

I am sure when you add 2011, and 2012 that the vertical scaling will have to be increased by a factor of 2. You know, to pay for all the free stuff some of us will be getting. I look forward to your posting these future charts.