PDA

View Full Version : The Prince has moved to Daytona.

Chopstick
04-19-2010, 07:32 AM
That's right. Zambodia's favourite son now lives right up the road and the neighbours are not happy. My favourite Prince Mongo tale was a ruling in court by a Memphis city judge.

"The defendant may not appear in court wearing a loin cloth, aviation goggles, painted green, and wearing a rubber chicken on his head, even if he IS from the planet Zambodia."

Florida neighbors upset by Prince Mongo's redecorating job
Posted: Mar 05, 2010 9:38 PM Updated: Mar 06, 2010 10:35 AM
Video Gallery
Prince Mongo's house
2:40
News

VOLUSIA CO., FL (WMC-TV) - A Mid-South community protested when Prince Mongo decorated his home with mannequin heads and toilets, now folks living in a million dollar Florida neighborhood are outraged over Mongo's redecorating.

People in Volusia County in Florida are getting to know Robert "Prince Mongo" Hodges.

"I am really, really angered by it at this point," said one neighbor.

Last year, Mongo starting outlandishly painting his house, including witch illustrations directed at a neighbor. In late January, a mountain of sand was delivered. Now, Mongo is using underwear as decoration.

Neighbors said the display grows weekly.

"When you consider this is your home, you would want something more stable," said a neighbor, "and this would seem to be a very unsafe situation."

Memphians know that this is not Mongo's first redecorating job. They have watched his antics for years, including talks of being from a planet called Zambodia, being 333 years old, and the colorful campaigns for mayor.

Neighbors said they were aware that Mongo had enough money to fight code violations. They believe he will go to jail if he has to and will let the battle drag on for months.

There is a video on the page.

Prince Mongo comes to town. (http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12093924)

Deeman3
04-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Remember that he was on full disability from 5 different disability policies when he was making a killing in the pizza business in Memphis?

My hero! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chopstick
04-20-2010, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember that he was on full disability from 5 different disability policies when he was making a killing in the pizza business in Memphis?

My hero! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I didn't know about the disability policies. I never got to meet him. I am going to try to see him sometime. Me and my dad think he is actually smart and he just likes messing with people. He has a website but it doesn't have much on it.

Deeman3
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
I do remember his "disabilities" wre all mental. I often wondered how he got a bank to back his pizza deals but, turns out, with 5 disability checks, he didn't need the bank!

I came in top 5 in the Memphis In May Marathon way back when and he was the one who handed out the trophys is I did get to shake his hand, my only contact with a ture alien. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It always amazed me that a guy who was on 100% mental disability could do so well in the Mayor's race in a major metro city.

Sev
04-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Sounds like a man with a mission.

Perhaps not a good one. But still...........