PDA

View Full Version : Gayle getting tossed is BS!!!!

eg8r
04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I am not sure of any real reason why Gayle would have been tossed but I personally would like this decision reversed.

If anyone has the mod's ear can you please ask him/her to man up and explain their decision? I know this site is not run as a democracy but there is no reason for it to also be run like Hitler's regime either.

I cannot think of a single example of a post from Gayle where she has acted in any manner different from those that have come from AzB. What is most ridiculous is the Az'ers infatuation with copying Gayle's style and duplicating the same types of posts but for the opposite side of the aisle and then blaming her for being the problem child.

If you think the decision to toss Gayle is wrong please say so and maybe the Mod will change his decision. I am not sure that matters to Gayle (why should she come back) but I think it is important for the dynamic of the board. I for one disagree with nearly every view Gayle has, politically speaking, but also believe it would be pretty boring if I did not get a chance to read through opposing views.

eg8r

pooltchr
04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Since I don't have any information as to why or why not this decision was made (If indeed it was actually made. She has been know to take a leave of absense from this board from time to time on her own), I will not try to second guess any decision made by the mods.
If she violated the terms of use, they have the right to take whatever action they believe appropriate. If she didn't, then there may be an arguement that she shouldn't have been banned.
I don't have the facts to make a judgement either way.

Steve

Sev
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I notice complete silence from wolfi on the matter. If anybody he has all the details.

The woman is a nuisance and is unable to have a civil discussion with people that have a view point other than hers. I would suspect the rude behavior and continual personal attacks is what caused a banning. Or perhaps she ticked off one of the mods personally. If in actuality the ban hammer was swung.

However that being said, being banded should not be a trivial matter as all members do contribute to the forum. Whether or not an individuals view point is agreeable should not be a condition of banning as long as the rules are being followed.

Perhaps she wasn't the only one on notice aye? I might suggest that some members may want to step lightly as the ban hammer may still be raised.

eg8r
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, her leaving for a boating trip does not remove her name from the list, but a ban I think would.

Since this is so controversial why wouldn't the mod come on and state what happened? I read every post she makes on the board and I have not seen a single thing that she has done that is any different than you, me, lww, etc. I know you are taking the high road here but lets be honest, what could she have possibly done that is any different than anybody else?

eg8r

eg8r
04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The woman is a nuisance and is unable to have a civil discussion with people that have a view point other than hers. </div></div>I don't see any difference in the way she posts compared to yours or anyone else on this site other than the occasional person that posts and leaves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suspect the rude behavior and continual personal attacks is what caused a banning.</div></div>Her attacks are no different than those who respond to her.

Ban away, but at least post why so that others know what to look out for.

eg8r

pooltchr
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
It could be the result of something that was not put on the open forum.

Steve

sack316
04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I agree. I don't recall seeing anything that would warrant a banning. Especially when held in comparison to some users that are still around!

I'd be curious to hear some sort of explanation as well. Thinking back to some of our back-and-forths... if she said something worthy of being banned then I imagine I should be as well. In all fairness.

Sack

LWW
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
My guess ... and that's all it is, I make no claim to having "INSIDE" info as hondo does - and eg for some reason seems to put faith in ... is that it was a result of her assuming she owned the forum and was entitled to dictate who could and who could not post and where they could or couldn't post.

Combine that with incessant threats of legal proceedings and you have a recipe for banishment IMHO.

LWW

sack316
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Could be. Who knows? Not my forum so guess it's not up to me to say who can and cannot stay. As I said, my personal opinion is that I don't recall anything that would warrant banning. But over the years, it has been few and far between that anyone has been banned, so guess I shouldn't assume it is for no good reason either. Will have to see if I still have her email around here somewhere and ask her myself. If she approves, I'll fill everyone in.

Sack

Bobbyrx
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree completely. Bring her back. While we seldom agree, Gayle's posts are infinitely more interesting than the back and forth between the Azer's and Hondo that seems to spill over onto every post. Sorry guys but its getting sort of ridiculous.

sack316
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree completely. Bring her back. While we seldom agree, Gayle's posts are infinitely more interesting than the back and forth between the Azer's and Hondo that seems to spill over onto every post. Sorry guys but its getting sort of ridiculous. </div></div>

True. The other day I logged on after work and there were 118 new posts since I had checked it the night before. I'd say, conservatively, that a good 60% of them were that dribble. Waste of time on the public forum, take it to PM people! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

eg8r
04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess ... and that's all it is, I make no claim to having "INSIDE" info as hondo does - and eg for some reason seems to put faith in ... is that it was a result of her assuming she owned the forum and was entitled to dictate who could and who could not post and where they could or couldn't post.

Combine that with incessant threats of legal proceedings and you have a recipe for banishment IMHO.</div></div>WHY? What part of the stated rules says you cannot post your opinion and threaten a lawsuit if you felt violated?

eg8r

Sev
04-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I beg to differ.
Yes we both post articles. That is common. However she then takes it to a personal level.
That, I have only done on rare occasions. And in self defense.
The vast majority of my posts do not involve personal attacks or involve flame wars. Besides she put me on ignore long ago.

The difference between G and you is that you may disagree with the other persons opinion but at least you are willing to have a conversation about it.

On the point of the banning.
It would be nice if the mods gave a public warning prior to a banning. It alerts all individuals on the site to cool their jets.

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Eg. Add me to the list of those who think there are far worse on this board.

Sev
04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I suspect that the threshold of ridiculous has not been met yet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Post deleted.

Sev
04-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Hmmmm.
She claims to know people in Washington and has offered their services blatantly on the site. Perhaps that backfired on her.

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Post deleted.

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree completely. Bring her back. While we seldom agree, Gayle's posts are infinitely more interesting than the back and forth between the Azer's and Hondo that seems to spill over onto every post. Sorry guys but its getting sort of ridiculous. </div></div>

Be fair. Hondo recieves. I rarely even respond.

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I beg to differ.
Yes we both post articles. That is common. However she then takes it to a personal level.

</div></div>

Post deleted.

sack316
04-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Wow, only took like an hour to happen again.

Sack

hondo
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Post deleted.

Sev
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
What???
Spit it out son.

I was only speculating. As She offered Wolfi the phone number of somebody in Washington to address Wolfi's claim that he was being threatened by Larry and I. Homeland Security as I recall.
Which was completely ridiculous.

However it would be plausible that the owners of the site got a phone call if she did such a thing. No body wants Washington in their business.

Back to you.

ugotda7
04-20-2010, 01:29 AM
There sure are a lot of deleted posts in this thread.....

Stretch
04-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Whoa! you take a day off..Lots of theories. I thought it was a bit odd myself. She just disappeared mid thread. I honestly havn't heard anything myself. I thought maybe i might get a little thanks PM for stepping in when things got a little nasty but no, nothing.........Usually when people leave for whatever reason it's accompaned by some kind of "parting speech" (done a few of them myself) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif so it's rather strange that she'd leave without a word to anyone! That's why i'm thinkin ban or something, But then that dosn't make sense either given that i nor anyone else read anything bannworthy in her last exchanges. It gets curiouser and curiouser. St.

LWW
04-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Upon further review, her history also included:

- Numerous anti semitic references.
- Threats of violence in PM. It wouldn't be a far stretch to assume some were forwarded. I neither received nor passed along threatening PM's from her ... but I have heard from others of it happening.

As to the back and forth with hondo ... hondo's lust for victimhood is well known and he demands that it be sated.

LWW

Qtec
04-20-2010, 03:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not sure of any real reason why Gayle would have been tossed but I personally would like this decision reversed.

If anyone has the mod's ear can you please ask him/her to man up and explain their decision? I know this site is not run as a democracy but there is no reason for it to also be run like Hitler's regime either.

I cannot think of a single example of a post from Gayle where she has acted in any manner different from those that have come from AzB. <u>What is most ridiculous is the Az'ers infatuation with copying Gayle's style and duplicating the same types of posts but for the opposite side of the aisle and then blaming her for being the problem child.</u>

If you think the decision to toss Gayle is wrong please say so and maybe the Mod will change his decision. I am not sure that matters to Gayle (why should she come back) but I think it is important for the dynamic of the board. I for one disagree with nearly every view Gayle has, politically speaking, but also believe it would be pretty boring if I did not get a chance to read through opposing views.

eg8r </div></div>

This is one of those rare occasions that I totally agree with you eg8r.

Q

Qtec
04-20-2010, 03:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Numerous anti semitic references. </div></div>

BS

Q

hondo
04-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Post deleted.

hondo
04-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Sent you a PM.

hondo
04-20-2010, 04:42 AM
All of the long time regulars have come to her defense except Steve.
No surprise there.

LWW
04-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Additional issues which G may or may not have been involved in:

- Wolfie hacked my Photobucket account. I've always suspected that someone else did it and gave him the PW, but he's the only one known to have used it. Hondo, no surprise, defended it.

- Wolfie's claims of being threatened are completely bogus and have been proven to be bogus. How much collusion went on in concocting this I don't know ... but I assume mods can view PM's to investigate such things.

And an issue that G was involved with is a conspiracy with her, wolfie, and dick leonard to get me banned before ... and further attempts to get me banned again.

By the incessant bleating, attention may have been drawn to what actually goes on.

The issues in this forum are plain to see for anyone with an open mind ... and as evidence I offer AZB as evidence. It has returned to a polite forum in which to post once wolfie and hondo ceased posting there.

LWW

LWW
04-20-2010, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree completely. Bring her back. While we seldom agree, Gayle's posts are infinitely more interesting than the back and forth between the Azer's and Hondo that seems to spill over onto every post. Sorry guys but its getting sort of ridiculous. </div></div>

Be fair. Hondo recieves. I rarely even respond. </div></div>

This from a man with 646 posts ... of which nearly all are either trolling, attacks, or testaments to his martyrdom ... since he "BRIEFLY" returned 6 weeks back.

LWW

Chopstick
04-20-2010, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHY? What part of the stated rules says you cannot post your opinion and threaten a lawsuit if you felt violated?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">This part:</span>

Registration as a user implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material that is likely to cause offence,

<span style="color: #3366FF">Telling people to go FTS, which she did many times, is considered offensive to most people. Let remind you that she was way out of line a long time before the AZB guys came over here. This has been going on for years.

This board was once a thriving place where dozens of members posted interesting and funny things. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't get a good belly laugh out of something someone posted. Gayle's incessant negativity, and abusive behavior has driven more members off this board than I can count.

I don't agree with LWW all time either but you don't see me and him cussin at each other about it.</span>

eg8r
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Sev
04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Good post.

I have noticed in the past when certain members cease posting that the forum becomes more active with individuals that by and large only observe.

Another observation I would like to put out there as well.

The constant hammering of Hondo from thread to thread will do nothing to increase participation in the forum.

Many of us have had disagreements with Hondo. Some more personal than others. However I would suggest that jumping on somebody in threads where it is unwarranted serves no useful purpose at all.
It only serves as a distraction and keeps any serious conversation from occurring.

LWW
04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHY? What part of the stated rules says you cannot post your opinion and threaten a lawsuit if you felt violated?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">This part:</span>

Registration as a user implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material that is likely to cause offence,

<span style="color: #3366FF">Telling people to go FTS, which she did many times, is considered offensive to most people. Let remind you that she was way out of line a long time before the AZB guys came over here. This has been going on for years.

This board was once a thriving place where dozens of members posted interesting and funny things. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't get a good belly laugh out of something someone posted. Gayle's incessant negativity, and abusive behavior has driven more members off this board than I can count.

I don't agree with LWW all time either but you don't see me and him cussin at each other about it.</span> </div></div>

Correct.

LWW

LWW
04-20-2010, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The constant hammering of Hondo from thread to thread will do nothing to increase participation in the forum.

Many of us have had disagreements with Hondo. Some more personal than others. However I would suggest that jumping on somebody in threads where it is unwarranted serves no useful purpose at all.
It only serves as a distraction and keeps any serious conversation from occurring.</div></div>

And I confess that I've been guilty of this more than once.

I can freely admit that since I was a child I've despised bullies and whiners both.

There is something about the bullying through the passive aggressive stance ... starting fights for the sole purpose of claiming to be oppressed when anyone objects ... which drives me up a wall.

I suspect hondo knows this, and I suspect this is why he does it.

I will be trying to avoid that pitfall in the future.

LWW

pooltchr
04-20-2010, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the long time regulars have come to her defense except Steve.
No surprise there. </div></div>

Since I have no firsthand knowledge of the events surrounding her situation, I believe it is better to remain neutral.

And your little dig about "no surprise there" was not necessary. I have stood up for you in the past when I thought you were being treated unfairly, so that jab is a bit surprising.

Steve

LWW
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
See my comment of passive aggressive bullying.

This is a classic example.

Next move ... unless this embarrasses him out of it ... is to claim you attacked him.

So long as this type of behavior is tolerated the forum will be a swamp.

LWW

Deeman3
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Upon further review, her history also included:

- Numerous anti semitic references.
- Threats of violence in PM. It wouldn't be a far stretch to assume some were forwarded. I neither received nor passed along threatening PM's from her ... but I have heard from others of it happening.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I don't recall numerous anti semitic references nor do I believe a grandmother in her 60's poses a very large or real personal threat to most. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If she, indeed, when over a line, so be it. I hope it was not because of the passion she has for her views. Most of us, as adults, can take a little heat from a senior citizen without losing a whole lot of sleep that she will attack us, tracking us down from Maryland to Alabama, for instance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bring her back. </span>

hondo
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The constant hammering of Hondo from thread to thread will do nothing to increase participation in the forum.

It only serves as a distraction and keeps any serious conversation from occurring.</div></div>

And I confess that I've been guilty of this more than once.

I can freely admit that since I was a child I've despised bullies and whiners both.

I will be trying to avoid that pitfall in the future.

LWW </div></div>

LMFAO!

ugotda7
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post.

I have noticed in the past when certain members cease posting that the forum becomes more active with individuals that by and large only observe.

Another observation I would like to put out there as well.

The constant hammering of Hondo from thread to thread will do nothing to increase participation in the forum.

It only serves as a distraction and keeps any serious conversation from occurring.

</div></div>

A few points:

- Hondo doesn't want serious conversation.
- Hondo predominantly wants to instigate and get attention.
- If he wants to not get hammered it's very easy - quit talking s**t about people.
- I will be clear in setting the record straight when Hondo talks s**t about me.
- If setting the record straight is considering a "hammering" then so be it.

So what are the odds that Hondo will stop talking s**t about people? I think WV has a better chance of winning the NCAA basketball championship, wait, that's already over....but coincidentally both have the same chance of happening.

Sev
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
I understand your position.

I do agree that if anybody is guilty of deliberately misleading or fabricating events they should be called on it.

However I would suggest that it would be more effective to contain that matter in the thread it began in. Rather than dragging the same matter across every thread in the forum.

Of course if the offending individual insists on dragging it across the forum then it would be unavoidable.

I also suspect that much of the inflammatory rhetoric will subside while Gayle is banned. She acts as a catalysis for discord as much as for anything else.

LWW
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- If he wants to not get hammered it's very easy - quit talking s**t about people.</div></div>

It really is that simple.

As a ute I spent 1 weekend in a dirt floor county jail in appalachia built during the civil war ... took an arse beating from 2 LEO's also. I figured out that I didn't like it real quick.

I also figured out that if questioned about being intoxicated in public the correct answer was not "WTF is to you, you Barney Fife looking mother scratcher?"

I have never used that answer to an LEO since and have never suffered that fate again either.

It's amazing what one can figure out if they truly don't like the results of their actions.

LWW