PDA

View Full Version : Calling out the Moderators.

Sev
04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Gentleman the members on NPR wish to know what the underlining cause or causes of the banning of Gayle in MD was. If she has indeed been banned at all.

Speculation is running ramped.

If you could indulge us all for a moment it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

pooltchr
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Sev,
While I understand your post, you may find that out of respect for her privacy, they may choose to ignore your request.

Put yourself in that position. If you got banned for doing something out of line, would you want it broadcast to the entire forum?

If they do reply with anything more than "a violation of the terms of use", I would be shocked.

Steve

Sev
04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
However.

Since the forum members are in the dark about the matter, some clarification is in order.

Otherwise there will be nothing but continual snipping on the forum.

We all may disagree on various subject matter. However when someone is banned for reasons that may not be quite obvious a concise if not brief statement about why it occurred would be in order so that the members have clarification on the matter.

The members don't have to agree with the reasoning. However the matter would be settled.
Should enough member wish to petition a reinstatement they will at least have the appropriate information from which to present their argument.

The forum members do not know if the ban is permanent or not at the moment.

LWW
04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't mind an explanation for the reasons listed above.

As to leniency or condemnation, I remain neutral.

It's not my forum so I have no say in it's operation other than whether or not I choose to participate.

LWW

Qtec
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM
This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Constant stirring of the pot and then whining when others mention user in posts.
</div></div>

The AZ posse has done nothing but stir the pot so that can't be it. So I guess G's crime was hitting the notify button too much. Geez, call the cops.

Q

Qtec
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't mind an explanation for the reasons listed above.

As to leniency or condemnation, I remain neutral.

<u>It's not my forum</u> so I have no say in it's operation other than whether or not I choose to participate.

LWW </div></div>

So what? You have given your opinion on every friggin thing under the sun but NOW you[ and Steve] want to remain neutral?

Q

Sev
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Well that's pretty concise.

Would I be wrong in interpreting that the moderators had finally had enough and it was not a reaction to members submitting complaints?

pooltchr
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
since you want to drag me back into it again, I will tell you the same thing I told hondo....I find it much better to remain silent if I don't have access to facts.
The mods on this forum do not share their information with me, so without knowing WHY she was banned, there is no way to form an opinion as to whether or not I agree with the decision.
We can do nothing but speculate, which is a pretty weak foundation for forming an opinion. That is why I choose to remain neutral. I don't know why she was banned, so I can't possibly decide whether or not I agree with the decision.

My opinion of Gayle has nothing to do with how I feel on the topic. If she violated the terms of use, then it may well be justified. If she didn't, then I would be more inclined to side with her.

But, it's not my decision to make. I do know from spending enough time here that she has been known to go out of her way to pizz people off if they don't see things her way. That's just a personality problem that she has to deal with. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor. If she pizzed off the wrong people, she may be dealing with the consequences.

And while she is not the only one to go overboard with the flaming, she may have allowed her temper to get the best of her with the wrong person. I really don't know. Maybe it's justified, maybe not. But how can anyone form an intelligent opinion when they don't know the circumstances surrounding the situation?

Steve

hondo
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Constant stirring of the pot and then whining when others mention user in posts.
</div></div>

The AZ posse has done nothing but stir the pot so that can't be it. So I guess G's crime was hitting the notify button too much. Geez, call the cops.

Q </div></div>

That's what did me in. When I complained about the personal attacks, I was gone.
The same thing happen to her.

hondo
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's not my forum so I have no say in it's operation

LWW </div></div>

That statement does not appear to be true.

ugotda7
04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

That's what did me in. When I complained about the personal attacks, I was gone.
The same thing happen to her. </div></div>

I think outside of your Bizarro World version one that might be more accurate is that you continually conducted personal attacks and then whined and cried when people stood up to you and the utter hypocrisy of what you were trying to do was seen by impartial third parties and you were subsequently and appropriately banned.

But hey, believe whatever you need to in order to get through the day.

Stretch
04-21-2010, 02:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Hondo, I got some great advice here a long time ago, wish i could remember his name......anyways. He said if you want to participate in these open forums you got to have skin as thick as a rynoes a$$, and a complete inability to be insulted. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

LWW
04-21-2010, 04:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Perhaps in combination with her making an ad hominem attack thread over someone reporting a belligerent post she was viewed as a hypocritical trouble maker?

LWW

LWW
04-21-2010, 04:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what did me in. When I complained about the personal attacks, I was gone.

http://www.marijnbosch.com/mitropafiles/MythBusted.gif

Sorry, but that isn't even close to reality. You may have repeated it enough times that you actually believe it ... but that doesn't make it the truth.

The first step towards mending fences is to face what actually happened.

To date you have been amazingly resistant to this.

LWW

LWW
04-21-2010, 04:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's not my forum so I have no say in it's operation

LWW </div></div>

That statement does not appear to be true. </div></div>

OH PLEASE!

Here comes the conspiracy theories.

Let me guess ... I am the part of the shadow government which is assigned to tormenting you?

LWW

LWW
04-21-2010, 04:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

I think outside of your Bizarro World version one that might be more accurate is that you continually conducted personal attacks and then whined and cried when people stood up to you and the utter hypocrisy of what you were trying to do was seen by impartial third parties and you were subsequently and appropriately banned.

But hey, believe whatever you need to in order to get through the day.
</div></div>
http://rlv.zcache.com/confirmed_poster-p228887304544419212t5wm_400.jpg

LWW

Qtec
04-21-2010, 05:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Perhaps in combination with her making an ad hominem attack thread over someone reporting a belligerent post she was viewed as a hypocritical trouble maker?

LWW </div></div>

LINK?........or should we just take your word for it.........eh......NOT.

If hypocrisy was a legitimate reason for banning someone, YOU would have been gone after your third post.....and the rest of the AZ Posse.

Q

hondo
04-21-2010, 06:00 AM
And that is why you see me participating less and less.

Here, we don't even have the option of responding.

Sev
04-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Thats not quite true.

The previous qualifies as a response. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
04-21-2010, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats not quite true.

The previous qualifies as a response. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Not the response I'd like to make. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
04-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Now now.

There will be none of that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the message G gets when she tries to log on.

</div></div>

Q </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

LINK?........

Q </div></div>
&gt;&gt;&gt;HERE YOU GO&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=295561&Searchpage=6&Main=28762&Words=moderator&topic=0&Search=true#Post295561)

That thread also contained this contribution to US race relations:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">f**k up Jews
I wanna be black
I wanna be a Panther
Have a girlfriend named Samantha
And have a stable of foxy whores
Oh I wanna be black
I don't wanna be a f*8ked up, middle class,
college student anymore
I just want to have a stable of foxy little whores
Yeah, yeah I wanna be black </div></div>

And more diplomacy from wolfie:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just STFU</div></div>

and other peacful missives:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey bitchboy</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should give Hondo my attorney's e-mail address.

We can launch a class action suit.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stick your bible up where the sun don't shine, you kiss-a$$ dipwad.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or go back to AZ where you're as comfortable as a fly on sh*t? </div></div>

LWW

pooltchr
04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
They are such a nice, friendly group!

Steve

LWW
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
With such short memory.

LWW

ugotda7
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
It's funny how some folks here can't remember what they have posted in the past as well as can't seem to understand that this can be easily found and brought back to demonstrate that they're liars.

ugotda7
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And that is why you see me participating less and less.

Here, we don't even have the option of responding. </div></div>

So someone is stopping you from responding?

Or is it that more and more folks here have less tolerance for your BS so you're learning to post less?

I'll take option two.

Wait, here's an idea - quit instigating and talking s**t about people and maybe you'll have a more positive experience here? Crazy concept huh?

LWW
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny how some folks here can't remember what they have posted in the past as well as can't seem to understand that this can be easily found and brought back to demonstrate that they're liars.</div></div>

You really should read Orwell's "1984" ... it all becomes apparent. The man was a prophet.

The reason they can't/won't/don't remember is because of two pieces of psychology that the party has ingrained into it's members:

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;DOUBLETHINK&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink)</u></span></span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it ... to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. ...

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies all this is indispensably necessary."</div></div>
<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;BLACKWHITE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwhite#Blackwhite)</u></span></span> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary."</div></div>

LWW

hondo
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are such a nice, friendly group!

Steve </div></div>

Steve, you ever hear of Lou Reed?

LWW
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
You ever hear of Dale Carnegie?
http://selfhelprevolution.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg

LWW

hondo
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are such a nice, friendly group!

Steve </div></div>

Steve, you ever hear of Lou Reed? </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cbq8KWzMSg

hondo
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cbq8KWzMSg

Hondo is not Lou Reed and has never been in the Velvet Uderground . Sorry.

How about posting the context of that post?

No? Why I am I not surprised?

LWW
04-22-2010, 03:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cbq8KWzMSg

Hondo is not Lou Reed and has never been in the Velvet Uderground . Sorry.

How about posting the context of that post?

No? Why I am I not surprised? </div></div>

OK ... if that's what you want.

It was amidst one of your serial rants claiming that JohnnyD and I were being dishonest about our heritage, IE you were using it to belittle people of black and mixed heritage. Not that this should come as a surprise to anyone.

Here's my advice to you:

<u><span style='font-size: 20pt'>HOW TO GET OUT OF A HOLE</u></span>
by El Dubb Dubb

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>STEP #1:</u></span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>STOP DIGGING</span>

LWW