PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Virginia State 9 Ball Championships -7/ 17-18

JMD in VA
04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
To my fellow pool players in the Commonwealth of Virginia!

First, I hope that all of you are well, as we are almost halfway through 2010. It has been an exciting year for me as I decided to branch out and to run State Championships in other disciplines. As many of you know, I ran my first Virginia State 14.1 Championships in February 2010. I could not have been more pleased with the turnout and quality of players that came to the event. I am currently in talks with other poolrooms to hold my first 10-ball and one-pocket championships.

I want to tell you about the event that got me started in promoting and directing state championships and the cause for my excitement this year, the 2010 Virginia State 9-Ball Championships. It is hard to believe that this year will be my seventh State 9-Ball Championship. As 7 is a holy number, it is truly a blessing that I get to share wonderful news about this year’s championship with you.

1) As promised last year, I have a website that will be my conduit to the players for all of my state championships. The website is http://www.va-pool.com. Go check it out and register. By registering at http://www.va-pool.com/wp-login.php?action=register, you will be kept up to date on all of the information about all the state championships.
2) This year’s Virginia State 9-Ball Championships will be held once again at Diamond Billiards in Midlothian, VA. Thomas and Cindy Dorsey have gone above and beyond to ensure that the event be held at Diamonds. Thanks guys! It’s going to be a great event this year!
3) Thanks to the following sponsors:
a) Diamond Billiards, LLC
b) Dorsey, Wright & Associates
c) InsidePOOL Magazine
d) The Pool School, Dallas, Texas
e) Diamond Billiard Products
These folks have already signed as sponsors for this year’s event, and because of their sponsorship I am pleased to announce that this year’s Virginia State 9-Ball Championship will have a $10,000 total purse!
4) As we have in the past state championships, the top two male players will be sent to the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships to represent the State of Virginia. As many of you now know, Barry Behrman, founder and promoter of the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships, opened the event to women for the first time at this year’s U.S. Open. With that, I am pleased to announce that women may also participate in this year’s Virginia State Championships, and the top female finisher will also get paid entry to the U.S. Open this year. Welcome ladies! I look forward to seeing you at the event.

As I said, this year’s State Championship will be an exciting one—one you won’t want to miss. As the field is limited to 64, this year’s event will fill up soon, so please get your entry fee in now.

Thanks again for all of your support over the years, and I look forward to seeing you at this year’s Virginia State 9-Ball Championship!

Joshua Dickerson
Founder, Director & Promoter
Virginia State Pool and Billiards Association

JMD in VA
04-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Fellow Virginia Pool Players:

This year’s Virginia State 9-Ball Championships is truly adding up to be one to remember. With the additional sponsorship, bigger purse, expanded payout and the excitement of not only sending the top two male players to the U.S. Open but sending the top female player as well, the event is already garnering great attention. The announcement made today will add more to the excitement to this year’s event.

Joshua Dickerson, founder of the Virginia Pool & Billiards Association, announced today that he has reached a deal with InsidePOOL Magazine to LIVE STREAM the 2010 Virginia State 9-Ball Championships! Dickerson commented on the news: “I am extremely excited that InsidePOOL Magazine has decided to live stream the State Championships this year. If any of you have seen their live streams in the past, particularly their stream from this year’s Super Billiards Expo, you know their coverage of events is second to none. I am looking forward to working with JR and his staff on making this year’s State Championship a year to remember.”

JR Calvert, Publisher of InsidePOOL Magazine, said "The progress made by Joshua Dickerson and the VA State Pool and Billiard Association in building the VA State 9-Ball Championship into the event that it is today is extraordinary. We're truly honored to be part of this incredible event and look forward to bringing a fantastic free live stream to the fans online."

Be sure to go to http://www.VA-Pool.com to read more about this event and register.

JMD in VA
05-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Fellow Virginia Pool Players:

Joshua Dickerson, founder of the Virginia Pool & Billiards Association, announced today that the RackTight racking system is the official rack of the 2010 Virginia State 9-Ball Championships! Dickerson reached a deal with Grace Nakamura, who is the exclusive distributor of the RackTight racking system for North America. Dickerson saw RackTight at the 2010 Super Billiards Expo and was “impressed with such a quality product and wanted to use it at this year’s State 9-Ball Championship.”

Nakamura, when reached for a comment, said, “What I love about RackTight is that it levels the playing field for every player. With this system everyone receives an identical rack, perfectly frozen and straight. I am very excited to be a part of the Virginia State 9-Ball Championships!”

The RackTight racking system will be on sale at the Virginia State 9-Ball Championships for $14.99.
Be sure to go to http://www.VA-Pool.com to read more about this event, register with the website and learn more about RackTight.