PDA

View Full Version : Drill Baby Drill

Qtec
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/04/27/us/27rig_CA0_337-span/27rig_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW ORLEANS — Coast Guard officials said Monday afternoon that the oil spill near Louisiana was now covering an area in the Gulf of Mexico of <span style='font-size: 17pt'>48 miles by 39 miles</span> at its widest points, and they have been unable to engage a mechanism that could shut off the well thousands of feet below the ocean’s surface. </div></div>

Good news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the rate of 42,000 gallons of oil a day, the leak would have to continue for 262 days to match the 11-million-gallon spill from the Exxon Valdez in 1989, the worst oil spill in United States history. </div></div>

Q

pooltchr
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
You are right. We should immediately shut down all oil drilling all around the world. Of course, that would mean we wouldn't be able to drive or fly anywhere, so pretty much all commerce would simply cease.

What happened in the gulf is a tragedy. And there are people working to clean it up as quickly as possible. What would you suggest we do?

Steve

cushioncrawler
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Eze 32:14 Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to run like oil, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 45:14 Concerning the ordinance of oil, the bath of oil, [ye shall offer] the tenth part of a bath out of the cor, [which is] an homer of ten baths; for ten baths [are] an homer:
Eze 45:24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and an hin of oil for an ephah.

Joe 1:10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.

Mic 6:7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, [or] with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn [for] my transgression, the fruit of my body [for] the sin of my soul?

Pro 21:17 He that loveth pleasure [shall be] a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.

1Ki 17:14 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day [that] the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.

2Ch 2:10 And, behold, I will give to thy servants, the hewers that cut timber, twenty thousand measures of beaten wheat, and twenty thousand measures of barley, and twenty thousand baths of wine, and twenty thousand baths of oil.

cushioncrawler
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
So, 8 hins of oil equals 1 ephan.
And 5 ephans equals 1 barrel of oil.
And 5 barrels equals 1 bath of oil.
And 10 baths equals 1 homer.
And 1 homer equals 2 cor.
And 100 cors equals 1 cruse of oil.
And 100 cruse equals 1 river of oil.

So, 20,000 baths of oil equals 100,000 barrels.
And ten thousand rivers of oil equals 10,000,000,000 barrels.
madMac.

Chopstick
04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eze 45:24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock,
</div></div>

I'd give an ephah for a bullock.

http://www.celebritynewsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sandra-Bullock.jpg

pooltchr
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eze 45:24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock,
</div></div>

http://www.celebritynewsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sandra-Bullock.jpg </div></div>

I hereby nominate this as "post of the year"

Steve

Sev
04-27-2010, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eze 45:24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock,
</div></div>

http://www.celebritynewsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sandra-Bullock.jpg </div></div>

I hereby nominate this as "post of the year"

Steve </div></div>

Ummmm. Yummy.

Second.

However I'm going in first. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Wait till a couple of those Chinese rigs go under.

Besides we can drill the gulf from land with the new technology we have today. Well this is if the govt lets us.

llotter
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
It is interesting that not only do we not know what caused the explosion but no one even seems interested enough to ask the question. Maybe I am being a bit too paranoid to think that it is mighty convenient for the environmentalists or other interests to put the brakes on more oil as an answer to our energy problems...witness this thread. And, lest we forget, there was another convenient disaster in the coal mines just a few weeks ago.

It is unarguable that the Left has a long history of causing disasters in pursuit of their ends so I guess it is at least reasonable to ask the questions.

pooltchr
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Never let a good crisis go to waste! And if you don't have a good crisis, you can always create one!

Steve

LWW
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
What I'm wondering is how this can'r be Obama's fault?

I mean ... when a bridge in Minnesota which was built when FDR was POTUS It was Bush's fault.

When the Sligo, WV mine collapsed it was Bush's fault ... but somehow the recent one wasn't Obama's fault either?

Odd how that works out?

LWW

pooltchr
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
It would seem that presidents with a (D) after their name somehow manage to end up with that teflon coating.

Steve

LWW
04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
http://mathicse.epfl.ch/cmcs/Images/Eureka_Logo.jpg

LWW

Qtec
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean ... when a bridge in Minnesota which was built when FDR was POTUS It was Bush's fault. </div></div>

That doesn't make sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When the Sligo, WV mine collapsed it was Bush's fault .</div></div>

Was it?

Q

LWW
04-29-2010, 06:04 AM
No it didn't and no it wasn't.

LWW

Sev
04-29-2010, 06:09 AM
On the other hand the wind farm off Nantucket got the green light.

Cant wait to see this fiasco.

LWW
04-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Well ... it doesn't block Teddy's view any longer.

LWW