PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Good Eats. The Cooking Thread.

Sev
04-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Garlic Infused Roast Beef to Die For.

1. 3-5 lb. top round cut or spoon cut. Fat removed. Tied.
2. 2 cloves of garlic.
3. 1-2 lbs of hickory smoked bacon. Peppered preferred.
4. Kosher salt.
5. Fresh cracked pepper.

Preparation:

1. Slice garlic cloves into spears.
2. With a fillet knife make make 1-1 1/2 inch incisions around the entire perimeter of the roast.
3. Insert garlic into incisions.
4. Salt and pepper entire roast.
5. Wrap entire roast in bacon. Leave no exposed area's
6. Place roast in roasting rack and pan.
7. Place roast in oven preheated to 275-285 degree's

Cook until desired wellness is achieved. I suggest a thermometer for both the stove and roast as many stoves are not very accurate temperature wise.

Also note that the bacon acts like insulation and extends normal cooking time. Ergo my reason for not putting an exact minutes per lb. for cooking.

The finished product can be either cut thin or into steak slabs.

Also makes great lunch meat.

Enjoy.

Cheers!!

LWW
04-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Man that sounds good.

LWW

LWW
04-28-2010, 12:01 PM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'><u><u>El Dubb's healthy spaghetti recipe:</u></u></span>

<u>NEEDED:</u>

2 - Boxes Barilla whole grain spaghetti.
5 - Jars Ragu sugar free spaghetti sauce.
2 - Small cans of tomato paste.
2 - Packages of Trader Joe's meatless meatballs (The only non meat meat product I've ever found that is as good as it claims.)
2 - Finely ground bay leaves.
1 - Cup Vidalia onion finely diced
1 - Cup green pepper finely diced.
1 - Cup red peppers finely diced.
4 - TBSP garlic powder
2 - TBSP ground cinnamon.
1 - TSP cayenne pepper.
1 - TBSP No Salt (Potassium.)
2 TBSP parmesan, or romano, cheese per serving.

<u>STEPS:</u>

1 - Boil spaghetti to taste with No Salt in the water. I usually use about 10 minutes.
2 - Pour sauce in very large pot and place on burner on medium.
3 - Stir in tomato paste, then bay leaves, then garlic powder, then cinnamon, then cayenne pepper, then peppers, then meatballs.
4 - Very thoroughly drain spaghetti.

Next, a choice must be made.

5 - If you like spaghetti with a little water still clinging, apply to the plate and add sauce on top.

OR

5 - Mix spaghetti in with the rest and continue to cook a few minutes.

After the final choice in step 5 is made, place cheese on top of the pile.

This recipe makes 12 good sized adult portions.

<u>NUTRITIONAL INFO (APPROXIMATIONS.)</u>

543 calories per serving.
12 fat grams per serving.
8 MG's cholesterol per serving.
82 grams carbs per serving.
19 grams fiber per serving.
33 grams protein per serving.

LWW

Sev
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
It is.
It was an emergency recipe when I noticed much to my horror the butcher had cut off the fat and disposed of it.

Give it a shot. I generally stick with plane Kosher salt. However Good substitutes are Crazy Salt and Canadian Seasoning. You can also add Emeril's essence to it with the Kosher salt.

However the bacon, garlic and salt are generally enough.

Sev
04-29-2010, 06:44 AM
1. 2 slices of 12 grain bread or a fresh bagel of your choice.
2. 2 eggs.
3. 4 narrow link breakfast sausages.
4. 3 slices of thick cut bacon.
5. 2 slices of American cheese.
6. Salt and pepper.

1. Take the 4 sausages and wrap them in bacon. place in hot frying pan and cook until bacon is done.
2. Remove and set to side.
3. Cook eggs. I prefer over medium. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Flip eggs, add cheese and place bacon sausage wrap on top of one egg.
5. When done put second egg on top of bacon sausage wrap cheese side down.
6. Place on toasted bread or bagel.

Catchup us optional of course.

Chopstick
04-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Smoked pork shoulder.

I don't claim to be a good cook but this is one that worked out well. I have been learning he art of southern barbecue and I was asked by some friends to cook for a party. Here is what I did.

2 pork shoulders. Some people call them pork butts or boston picnics.

Rub them down with a coating of olive oil. I then used a chophouse rub I get from Rothschild Farms. Rub them down with the dry rub until you get a good even coating. The olive oil helps the rub stick better and acts as a conductor to carry the flavor into the meat better.

Now this next step, I don't know why it works but it does make a big difference. Put them into a baking dish and cover the dish with saran wrap sealing them in air tight. Put them in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning the meat has changed somehow. It's not that it's a slightly color, it's just changed somehow. You can just tell. I don't really know but it is a good thing.

Next comes the smoker. I use a mid-sized Green Egg. Not the greatest but it does a decent job and it is extremely efficient with charcoal. It's a 18 hour cook so you have to bring the grill up slow. If you rush it up to cooking temperature it will want to flare up to 300 or 350 and you will be fighting it all day. That will turn a good piece of meat into rubber. So allow 45 minutes to an hour to bring it up to around 220 or sometimes 225. It depends on the weather. Sometimes I will cook at 230.

Anything above 212 and below 250 is usually good. Get the smoker up to cooking temp and stabilized before you put the meat on. If ya do that it will just sit at the correct temp and you won't have to fool with it again. I have that one of the secrets to good barbecue is leaving it alone.

I don't really use thermometers any more but if you want to see a miracle put one in the top of the grill and one in the meat. You will see the temperature of the smoker remain constant and the temperature inside the meat steadily rise. Then after a few hours the temperature will just stop rising. The temperature will stay the same like it stopped cooking and it will stay that way for hours. You may even see the temperature of the smoker fall 10 degrees or so. You will think there is something wrong like the fire must have gone out. Don't touch it. This is where the magic happens.

The fat in the meat is composed of long chain molecules. When the meat reaches the threshold temperature the fat molecules begin to pull apart and the fat turns into collagen and infuse itself along with the other goddies inside the meat. That is why a properly prepared piece of barbecue does not have any fat on it or in it. It has literally melted into the meat. When the fat conversion is complete the grill will come back to it's original temperature and the temperature will begin to rise again until it is done.

If get the temperature wrong or try to push the meat to get done, you will push through the threshold zone, and you won't get the flavor and there will be fat left on it. You have to ease it up and let it get caught in the zone. Then just walk away and let it be what it's gonna be. Knowing when to leave it alone is one of the most important things I have learned. The more you poke and fiddle with it, the less good it is going to be.

I have experimented with spraying it with apple juice to give it a nice glaze and smoking it over a pan of apple juice which also works well. I also turn it from time to time to get a good even flow through the meat. I am going to try injections next.

Barbecue is like pool. It is something that will take your whole life to get right. The difference is that your mistakes sure do make the dawgies happy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Nice recipe.
The reason the meat changes is that with the rub and the olive oil you have made a marinade.

Try leaving it in the fridge for 48 hours instead of 24. You may notice an even bigger difference.

You could also do the rub and then make a larger batch with oil and bag the entire roast. Remove all the air so the marinade completely surrounds the it and let it set for at least 24 hrs.

This process should infuse even more flavor deeper into the roast.

Chopstick
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Excellent idea. I just happen to have one of vacuum bag gizmos in the kitchen.

Deeman3
04-30-2010, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Barbecue is like pool. It is something that will take your whole life to get right. The difference is that your mistakes sure do make the dawgies happy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">God Bless good Southern Bar-be-que. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

sack316
04-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I second that!

Sack

Sev
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Just received a jar of the BBQ sauce that has been used in a local rib joint for decades. Cant wait to try it. I have been offered the recipe itself.

LWW
05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
If you can find it, "MONTGOMERY INN" has IMHO the best off the shelf BBQ sauce ... but I'm always open to new tastes.

Don't Bogart the name my friend, pass it over to me again ...

LWW

LWW
05-01-2010, 02:13 PM
In an effort to maintain the friendly post theme ... here's a favorite around the palatial El Dubb homestead:

<u>DEE-LICIOUS WHITE CHILI

INGREDIENTS:</u>

- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 onions chopped finely.
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced.
- 8 cooked boneless chicken breasts, roughly 2 lbs, chopped into medium sized chunks.
- 2 cans chicken broth, or about 2 qts.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers (Or to taste.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green peppers.
- 2 tsp ground cumin.
- 2 tsp oregano.
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (Or to taste.)
- 3 cans great white (northern) beans drained.
- Cheddar, or Monterey Jack, cheese ... shredded.

<u>DIRECTIONS:</u>

- Heat oil in large pot on med low heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute' about 10-12 mins. I like when the onions are just getting tender.
- Add chicken broth, raise heat to medium.
- Add the peppers, cumin, oregano. and cayenne in that order. Stir thoroughly as each item is added.
- Add chicken, raise heat to high.
- After bringing to a full boil reduce heat to low and stir in the beans.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, or to desired consistency ... some folks like it a little more "SOUPY" which means less time simmering.
- Pour desired serving size and top with cheese to taste.

This makes 8 healthy portions.

LWW

Sev
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
You know Larry its probably a good thing your posting healthy recipes. As mine appear to be opposite of yours. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
05-01-2010, 10:23 PM
My goal in life is to die from a large caliber gunshot wound in the back of my head ... inflicted by a 25 year old jealous husband as I run butt nekkid out of his house when he comes home from work.

LWW

LWW
05-02-2010, 01:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Larry its probably a good thing your posting healthy recipes. As mine appear to be opposite of yours. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

You never did give up the name of the BBQ sauce ... don't make me start claiming to be a victim.

LWW

Sev
05-02-2010, 05:47 AM
OH. I misinterpreted what you were getting at.

The sauce is not a mass production one. The rib joint has been open for decades. Its their "secret" recipe. My neighbor knew the owner and was given the recipe.

Sev
05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Mushroom Ragout.

Love this recipe. This is of English origin. It is actually an appetizer. However I use in on roast beef, Steak and virtually anything that goes well with a heavy gravy.

Please note you can change the flavor by adding and removing various species of mushrooms.

1. 1/4 stick of sweet butter.
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3. 2 large cloves of garlic. Chopped.
4. 2-3 finely chopped shallots.
5. 1 cup each. Button, shitake, crimini and portebello Mushrooms. All sliced.
6. 1 cup of white wine or cooking Sherri.
7. 2 Cups heavy cream.
8. Salt and pepper to taste.

In a preheated pan add olive oil and butter. Quickly sweat shallots and garlic. Be sure not to burn the garlic as it will become bitter.

Add mushrooms in order listed above. Let each batch cook for several minutes prior to adding the next cup of mushrooms.
Let mushroom juices reduce for several minutes.

Add wine or Sherri. The wine selected will affect the flavor. Dry vs sweet for instance.
Reduce for min of 5 minutes.

Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Let simmer until it begins to thicken. It is not supposed to be soupy but rather thick and hearty.

I would suggest some fresh Italian or French bread to go with it.

Cheers!!

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:02 AM
I keep a few different sauces premade as I love BBQ sauce and seldom use plain ketchup at home.

I call this my Cityslicker ... not too spicy for those who like a sweeter BBQ sauce.

Ingredients:

- 5 cups of low sugar ketchup
- 1.5 cups of brown sugar
- 10 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 10 tbsps of paprika
- 6 tbsps of chili powder
- 6 tsps of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 12 tbsp cooking oil

Heat oil in pan and saute garlic to desired brownness and add the rest of the stuff and reduce heat.

Leave to simmer, stirring every 2-3 minutes until desired consistency is reached. Usually 12-15 minutes.

Great with ribs and for someone who likes a sweet but not sissy BBQ sauce.

LWW

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:07 AM
This is a good cajun sauce for those who like a sauce with a little more twang to it.

- 1 cup of meat stock ... beef, poultry, or pork and yes I make a batch of each
- 1/4 pound of bacon
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup of Heinz chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 of a whole orange including the peel
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of favorite hot sauce (This is about a 2 alarm level, adjust to personal taste.)

Mix pepper, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder in a small bowl.

Fry bacon to desired doneness, then remove and crumble. Fry onions in bacon grease then add the spices mixed earlier. Reduce heat. Add chili sauce, squeezed orange juice, and orange peel. Mix in honey and orange carcass followed by hot sauce, bacon, and garlic. Add meat stock desired.

Cook on low simmer for about 15 minutes and remove orange carcass. Add butter and simmer on low for about 10 to 15 more minutes or to desired thickness.

Allow to cool and put in blender on high for about 1 minute, or desired consistency. I like mine smooth.

LWW

Sev
05-02-2010, 07:08 AM
When you use it on the ribs. Which do you prefer. Slow cooking dutch oven style in the oven or wrapped in foil on the grill at a low temp? Or a combination of both?

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:08 AM
El DUb's secret recipe WMD steak sauce!

The binding agent is something as mild as Walmart Great Value steak sauce. Bland in taste compared to A1 but remarkably low salt. Ten oz bottle for $0.97.

One oz each of Biloxi Brand Cajun Gator Sauce, Jamaican Pickapeppa Sauce, 1 oz Chateau Ste Michelle Sauvignon Blanc, and 1 oz Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce, 1 teaspoon Ingleheffer Honey Mustard, 1 teaspoon Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Honey Spice mustard.

If you want to turn down the toxicity start with a half oz gator sauce. It's most of the heat. The rest I have carefully experimented with to compliment each other.

Works awesomely well used lightly to moderately on most any type of beef or buffalo.

The whole thing is nearly zero calories and very low in salt and no carbs.

Enjoy.

LWW

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm a grill man myself.

LWW

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I call this "ANGRY MUSTARD" which goes well on nearly any sammich.

Easy.

- 16 ozs of generic yellow mustard.

- 1 finely diced habanero pepper.

- 1/4 cup of finely diced vidalia onion.

- 1/4 cup of agave juice.

- 1 tsp cayenne pepper.

Mix completely.

And the same thing except with a honey dijon as the base mustard.

LWW

LWW
05-02-2010, 07:20 AM
I make some home brew stuff called "angry mayo" which is:

- 16 tbspns.

- 2 tbspn A-1.

- 1 tbspn hot sauce.

- 1/4 tbspn powdered cayenne pepper.

- 1/2 tbspn minced onion.

- 1 tbspn garlic powder.

- 1 tspn cinnamon.

LWW

Sev
05-03-2010, 07:12 AM
1. 2-3 Potato's. I generally use Idaho.
2. 1 large onion.
3. 1 Pepper.
4. 1/2 lb mushrooms.
5. 6 slices of bacon.
6. 2 large cloves of garlic. Or more.
7. 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of cooking Sherri.
8. Kosher salt.
9. Pepper.
10. 1/2 stick of butter.
11. 6 jumbo eggs.
12. Hot sauce optional.

Prep.
1. Cut potato's into home fries.
2. Slice mushrooms.
3. coarse chop Peppers and onions.
4. Finely chop garlic.

Cooking.

1. Fry bacon till crisp. Crumble bacon.
2. Partially drain off bacon fat.
3. Add potato's and cook until golden brown. Salt pepper.
4. Remove potato's from pan put to side.
5. Add a couple of teaspoons of vegetable oil and half a stick of butter.
6. Add peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes.
7 Add garlic
9. Add onions and cook till almost translucent.
10. Add mushrooms and cook till tender. Add salt and pepper.
11. Return potato's to pan and reheat.
12. Let mushroom juice reduce or drain.
13. Return bacon to pan and let reheat
14. Push all ingredients to outer edge of pan. Leaving a large clear area in the center.
15. Pour in cooking Sherri. Let reduce slightly.
16. Add all 6 eggs to the center and cover.
17. Baste eggs until done.
18. Cut into wedges and serve.

Add hot sauce to taste.
I generally stick to Catchup.

Note ham and sausage also work well in the mix as well as chili peppers and fresh jalapeno's.
For a more Southwest flavor add chipolata sauce when either cooking the potato's or vegetables. You want to create layers of flavors.

May your arteries never fail you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
05-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Anybody getting chest pains yet?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Nobody else cooks?
I find that hard to believe.

Chopstick
05-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Gayle does but she is too busy trying to convince us that she doesn't like Bush.

I forgot in my earlier post, pecan wood in the smoker is fantastic. I smells so good you want to eat the wood.

I like those breakfast skillets with the onions, peppers and potatoes. I never got my method down to get them to come out right. One part is always over or under cooked. I am going to try your method this weekend.

Sev
05-07-2010, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle does but she is too busy trying to convince us that she doesn't like Bush.

I forgot in my earlier post, pecan wood in the smoker is fantastic. I smells so good you want to eat the wood.

I like those breakfast skillets with the onions, peppers and potatoes. I never got my method down to get them to come out right. One part is always over or under cooked. I am going to try your method this weekend. </div></div>

I need to get good char cooker to try yours.
Never thought about pecan wood. Was thinking apple or hickory.

On the skillet. The eggs will baste quickly and the yolks harden up if you are not careful. Of course with all that is going in in the skillet it really doesn't matter.

Also the Sherri will cause the whites to fluff up. I put the eggs right in it while it is reducing.

LWW
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
It seems that those ding diddly darned friendly posts in this thread have scared many of the regulars away.

LWW

Sev
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I suppose.
Its not a contentious thread. Nor is it meant to be.
On the other hand if an individual has no interest in cooking then there would be nothing to contribute.

pooltchr
05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
If it's not meat on the grill, I don't cook. My wife has total control of the kitchen.

Steve

Sev
05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Well. Whats on the grill??

pooltchr
05-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Probably pretty boring...steaks, burgers, hot dogs, chicken...

About the only thing I cook in the kitchen is pizza...again nothing fancy...one of those pillsbury crusts in the pop-open can, grill up some beef, dice some onion and green pepper, ragu, and a lot of cheddar and mozzerella.

I'm not that creative...but I do know what I like!

Steve

Sev
05-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Let me help you.

1. 2 1 1/4lb ribeyes with good marbling.
2. Kosher salt.
3. Fresh cracked Pepper.
4. Extra virgin olive oil.

1. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste on both sides and rub in.
2. Coat both sides with olive oil.
3. Grill to preferred wellness.

Variation.

Switch out Pepper for Emerils Original Essence. Shake out evenly on both sides. Not a heavy coating as it can overpower the beef.

Keep the rest the same.

Chopstick
05-08-2010, 12:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me help you.

1. 2 1 1/4lb ribeyes with good marbling.
2. Kosher salt.
3. Fresh cracked Pepper.
4. Extra virgin olive oil.

1. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste on both sides and rub in.
2. Coat both sides with olive oil.
3. Grill to preferred wellness.

Variation.

Switch out Pepper for Emerils Original Essence. Shake out evenly on both sides. Not a heavy coating as it can overpower the beef.

Keep the rest the same.

</div></div>

That's pretty close to what I do. Emeril also makes a good steak rub.

I'm thinking about trying a brisket again. Brisket is the most difficult to smoke. If I get it on by 6:00 pm it should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. I have never had one come out right yet. I have chicken, pork, and ribs down pretty good but I just can't get the hang of brisket.

LWW
05-09-2010, 01:51 PM
<u>EL DUBB'S TOMBSTONE CHILI</u>

NEEDED:

- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 8 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos ... no seeds
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 2 15 oz cans chili beans

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Drain tomatoes in colander so that the juice goes into the pot.
2 - Mix in chili sauce, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, tomato paste, and taco seasoning in that order. Stir well as each is added.
3 - Mix onion, green pepper, banana pepper, and jalapeno peppers in that order. Also stir well as each is added.
4 - Mix in cooked turkey which has been cooked with the vegetable oil separately.
5 - Place contents of pot on stove on low.
6 - Drain and rinse beans.
7 - Mix beans in absolutely last.
8 - Cook on medium low for roughly 30 minutes.
9 - Select soft drink or adult beverage of choice.
10 - Top chili with cheese if desired.
11 - Enjoy.

LWW

Sev
05-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Did you try the skillet???

Sev
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Larry did you ever make the roast beef recipe???

LWW
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes and yes, and was happy with both ... and just whipped up some scrumdiddlyumpcious chillitos.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread also.

LWW

Sev
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Cool.

No prob.
Here is another.

Beef Tenderloin.

1 3lb fillet.
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
1 Tablespoon kosher salt.
1/2 Teaspoon fresh pepper.
1-2 Cloves Garlic.
1/2 Teaspoon Marjoram.

1. Tie tenderloin. If not using the Chateaubriand cut, tuck the small end of the fillet under when tying.
2. Salt and pepper entire tenderloin.
3. Finely chop garlic and rub into tenderloin.
4. Sprinkle on Marjoram.
5. Rub on Extra virgin olive oil.
6. Place on Rack.
7. Let tenderloin sit until reaching room temperature.

Preheat oven to 425 degree.

1. Place tenderloin in oven.
2. Cook at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and cook for remainder of time.
4. Total time should be around 50 minutes. Less if using a convection oven.

I suggest using a thermometer and pulling the fillet out at about 5 degrees below desired temperature.
Tent with aluminum foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
The internal temp will rise 5 degrees. This is a standard practice.

Enjoy!!!

LWW
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
My chillito recipe is easy:

24 burrito wraps.
2 lbs of ground buffalo.
2 twelve oz cans of enchilada sauce.
1 twelve oz bottle of chili sauce.
1 finely diced onion.
2 tsp garlic powder.
1 tsp No Salt.
1 fifteen ounce package cheddar cheese.
1 finely diced green pepper.
1 small can green chiles.

LWW

hondo
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
West Virginia hoagie

2 slices fried all meat boloney
1 slice American cheese
2 slices white bread
Add mustard and mayo to taste.

This recipe has been in my family since Civil War days.

Enjoy.

LWW
08-06-2010, 03:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginia hoagie

1 slice American cheese
2 slices white bread

Enjoy. </div></div>

Bologna is spelled B-O-L-O-G-N-A and is a large seasoned sausage made of finely ground meat, usually beef and pork, that has been cooked and smoked.

Baloney is spelled B-A-L-O-N-E-Y and is slang for foolishness or nonsense.

I am unfamiliar with "boloney." What is it and where might one find some?

LWW

LWW
08-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Our troll free run in this thread has ended as I knew it would if brought back to life.

We have tried guns and photography, both of which also fell to trolling.

Is there any topic that the trolls can either avoid or attempt to contribute to?

LWW

hondo
08-06-2010, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginia hoagie

1 slice American cheese
2 slices white bread

Enjoy. </div></div>

Bologna is spelled B-O-L-O-G-N-A and is a large seasoned sausage made of finely ground meat, usually beef and pork, that has been cooked and smoked.

LWW </div></div>

WV term for bologna.

From Wikipedia, Dick: Noun.boloney (plural boloneys)

variant of bologna

hondo
08-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Are you totally devoid of humor?
If there really is a misses, which I doubt,
she must live a dull and morbid life.
I hope she has some side action. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Stretch
08-06-2010, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginia hoagie

1 slice American cheese
2 slices white bread

Enjoy. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

The troll free run was ended because of your completely and unnessacery correction of Hondo's spelling of the word Boloney. You asked for it, you got it. Enjoy your "boloney" St.

Sev
08-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Good Grief!!http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/emot65-1.gif

hondo
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
What part of Stretch's post befuddles you?
I tried to inject a little humor into the thread.
LWW shows his azz, not even realizing that I was
using the word correctly.

I was proud of My WV hoagie post. I should have known he would turn it into more drama.
I imagine that every one else other than maybe Nancy knew I was kidding.
I'm sure you did.

Sev
08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of Stretch's post befuddles you?
I tried to inject a little humor into the thread.
LWW shows his azz, not even realizing that I was
using the word correctly.

I was proud of My WV hoagie post. I should have known he would turn it into more drama.
I imagine that every one else other than maybe Nancy knew I was kidding.
I'm sure you did. </div></div>

Actually I missed the pun in your post but was thinking it sounded like a pretty tasty sandwich.
Have you ever used good German balogna??

It was just a general good grief.