PDA

View Full Version : Should this be considered a crime"

LWW
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Making this statement:

"It's now time to strike and take our nation back so that we may be free again from tyranny. Time is up."

When no evidence of intent to commit violence or insurrection is known to exist.

Keep in mind also that this is the basis of free speech:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

LWW

cushioncrawler
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Clearly to strike iznt to petition. To strike iznt peaceable. Inciting to strike iznt peaceable. Therefore such an assembly iznt peaceable. Clearly.
madMac.

Stretch
04-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Well i guess that clears that up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

pooltchr
04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
When a union goes out on strike, does that suggest violence, or just a peaceful protest?

Steve

LWW
04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
This has nothing to do with unions.

LWW

pooltchr
04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
I know, Larry. Mac made a post about the meaning of the word strike indicating violence, and I just pointed out that it doesn't always.

Steve

LWW
04-30-2010, 07:15 AM
What this appears to be so far is a case of the state so desperately needing to arrest some teas partiers to prove their violent nature that they rushed out and arrested a democrats who like to drink beer.

LWW