PDA

View Full Version : payperview us open

08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
i think this was discussed earlier but, for the first time i've ever heard of in my area, and probably yours, live top-level pool will be available in our homes.

my new team capt. who seems to know about such things (big don for you old-timers here), has reserved it and we're all going to his house to watch it.

we, here, are not that big a group but i think we should all pay to view the u.s. open (finals? i'm told it's 3 hours of program). i plan on paying for one at my house which i can record while i'm at the other place watching. at ten bux, i think we need to do the ppv to keep it coming in the future.

you in???

dan

MikeM
08-21-2002, 09:58 PM
As soon as it's offered on DirectTV I will order it, even though I will be sitting in the audience. According to BD this month they are in negotiations with other outlets. I agree with you Dan and BD. We need for this PPV to be successful so that pool has other American TV opportunites than ESPN.

MM

Kato
08-21-2002, 10:19 PM
If it comes on DirecTV I guarantee it will be in my house though I will be there.

Kato~~~Go Barry Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-22-2002, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> i think this was discussed earlier but, for the first time i've ever heard of in my area, and probably yours, live top-level pool will be available in our homes.

my new team capt. who seems to know about such things (big don for you old-timers here), has reserved it and we're all going to his house to watch it.

we, here, are not that big a group but i think we should all pay to view the u.s. open (finals? i'm told it's 3 hours of program). i plan on paying for one at my house which i can record while i'm at the other place watching. at ten bux, i think we need to do the ppv to keep it coming in the future.

you in???

dan <hr></blockquote>

I'm still unclear about the availability on cable systems. I have Time-Warner digital cable.

I'm definitely in if it's available.

9 Ball Girl
08-22-2002, 08:22 AM
I'm definitely in if it is provided on my CableVision. The @#%$* bigwigs at CableVision don't provide the YES channel (Yankees network) so I'm not too sure if they'll have the Open. But thank goodness I'll be there to see it live!

PoolFan
08-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Dan,

I'm with you 100%. This could be the biggest thing that hit the pool world in a long time. $10 is cheap and I'm sure the quality will be great with Accu-Stats being involved.

Anyone who claims that they love pool and want to see it grow, should definately put up the ten bucks and support the effort.

08-22-2002, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PoolFan:</font><hr> Dan,

I'm with you 100%. This could be the biggest thing that hit the pool world in a long time. $10 is cheap and I'm sure the quality will be great with Accu-Stats being involved.

Anyone who claims that they love pool and want to see it grow, should definately put up the ten bucks and support the effort.
<hr></blockquote>

if you're not sure if your provider is going to carry it then by all means, bug 'em. e-mail, phone, even old fashioned letters. believe it or not, even though they may have many thousands of subscribers, it does not take much to get their attention.

when i was in radio, we used a rule of thumb something along the lines of: 1 call represents 100 like minded who didn't take the trouble and 1 letter was equal to 1000. i'm sure the numbers are way off but they all respond to very little input.

go get 'em.

dan