PDA

View Full Version : Beer per bottle

hondo
04-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Sid's beer thread made me wonder- What does a bottle of beer cost in your area?

Cheapest around is $2 for Old Milwaukee, Miller Light, Bud and Bud Light. At pubs and VFW.
Most places beer is $2.50.
Night clubs and titty bars- $3-3.50.

I usually drink Michelob Ultra.
$2.25 at VFW.
$2.50 at local saloon.
$3.00 at pool hall.
$3.50 at titty bars.
$3 to 3.50 at night clubs.

How does this compare with your area?
BTW, Happy Hours are getting rarer and rarer in my area.

sack316
04-29-2010, 11:20 PM
On average I'd say about $3 domestic, $3.50-$4 import. Still happy hours everywhere round here, generally a dollar off. And of course regular odds and ends specials most places. Plus we have draft beer, generally ranging from $6-$8 for regular bud, coors, other domestics. Some of the really odd imports can get on up in price.

Good news in my area over the years is that there is never a shortage of competition. bars/clubs shut down all the time, and someone else just buys it and opens another bar/club. We got a ton of them, so they all compete with crazy specials to try to get the crowd in. Tonight one place had penny beer specials. I've seen "sink or swim" nights, where you just pay like $20 at the door and drink all you want (though those have slowed down since Me and my buddy Rivers would hit them up). Overall there's always somewhere decent to go for cheap, though. I mostly stick to my pool rooms... where I know most patrons and workers, and rarely have to pay a dime if I don't want to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Sev
04-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Draft Coors lite is 1.50
and bottle is 2.50

32 oz mug is 3.25 at Amigo's.

hondo
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
DUI laws have really hurt the bars in my county.
Only the young and the really hard core go out bar hopping anymore.

Sev
05-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I have a chauffeur.