PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tournaments under 18

02-27-2002, 11:44 AM
I am 17 and pretty good at pool. I am looking for a tournament where i can play. I live in South Jersey, so I am pretty close to Philly, Delaware, and the surrounding area. I found several tourneys but you have to be a member of the APA or over 18. Can somebody help me out. Thanx

cuechick
02-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Check out the tri-state tour, which has tournaments inNew Jersey as well as NYC. There a few players under 18. http://www.tristate-tour.com/

02-27-2002, 10:57 PM
what pool hall do u play at because i play in south jersey and i believe that if u primarily play in south jersey, you would play at hotshots in which case i would have asked u to gamble......but i know of no dan that gambles in that pool hall.......there aren't many you shooters of ur age that shoot well up there.....i am wondering where u play.......if u do play at hotshots and are this good,......i know of many tournaments i can set u up in, that aren't under 18 but yet still good tournaments.........there are tons of handicapped tournaments in that area, maple shade - the green room mondays, ***cue club tuesdays, ***drexilline, pa - tuesdays $5*** q-stix, de- wednesdays, $5*** sharp shooters, cherry hill - wednesdays $10 and calcutta*** delran - sundays $10*** royal billiards, wilmington - thursdays $10 and side pot*** hot shots, deptford - thursday $15 double elim, calcutta***

and i could go on forever, age shouldn't matter in pool, its how u play the game......my friend who is sixteen would give 80% of the world the wild 6 and alas he is only sixteen, try these handicap tournaments they are great......

and the first sunday of every month is baltimore's HOTSHOTS open tournament with no pros allowed, but can obtain points...and that is $60 to enter.......forgot that one

02-27-2002, 11:16 PM
De_Girl,
Does your 16 year old friend know you are matching him up with the world? Just curious. 80% of the world? I guess that means that every member of the ccb gets the six? LMFAO

02-28-2002, 01:01 AM
he would probably tell u 90% of the world......he is very accomplished as a sixteen year old.......if u ask him he says he is the best in the state

02-28-2002, 01:35 AM
A positive attitude is definately an asset.
The challenge for younger players in the midwest who want to compete in tournaments is the law which prohibits anyone under 21 to be in an establishment which serves alcohol. Even if the player is accompanied by an adult.

03-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanx for the info. I will be investing in a new pool cue soon. When I get it we will play. Till then
airhack15