PDA

View Full Version : cue extension advice

kenz
05-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi, I wondered if anyone had any advice on cue extensions. There are many shots that "just a little more reach" would help. I use the bridge only when I have to since I don't have the "feel and touch" when I am using the bridge.
Thanks.

pooltchr
05-03-2010, 07:41 AM
I have a Cue-Reach, simple, light weight, and very effective. And the funny little "thunk" sound is the only negative. For twenty bucks, it's a good investment.
Steve

Coroner
05-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I use the Tony Ryan cue extension. It fits over the end of the cue and is pretty easy to use. I found mine on e-bay for $20. Comes in 12" and 18" extension. Mine is a 12" extension and fits in the jump cue pocket of my case.

JJFSTAR
05-04-2010, 01:21 AM
My wife bought me a “cue extension” from a website. Some weeks later when she was vacuuming the drapes I noticed that she was using something curiously similar to my cue extension (with an attachment). So I of course put each of the attachments over my cue; well the vacuum cleaner part is thinner (I like that) and fits more snuggly (this especially helps with confidence in your draw when using the extension. than the “made for cue” version.

I now use the med vacuum cleaner part as my extension. That feeling of “is it going to come apart if I shoot this with some force” is now gone; it is as solid as if I had screwed an extension on to the butt of my cue. Unfortunately I had to go through this experience myself. It may be difficult to ascertain the advantages of a vacuum cleaner part that they already own to a tube specifically built for the purpose of extending the cue without trying both.

I use it so infrequently that I can’t imagine it doing damage to my cue. (I assume that’s why the modified “vacuum cleaner parts” are the way they are; it probably stems from this fear and potential legal liability.)

Bottom line is that you probably already have a cue extension that is a little better than the type you intend to buy (assuming that you are intending to buy one that fits over your cue like a sleeve). Well good luck but my advice is to think outside the box, you will probably end up with a better cue extension.

Bambu
05-04-2010, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJFSTAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife bought me a “cue extension” from a website. Some weeks later when she was vacuuming the drapes I noticed that she was using something curiously similar to my cue extension (with an attachment). So I of course put each of the attachments over my cue; well the vacuum cleaner part is thinner (I like that) and fits more snuggly (this especially helps with confidence in your draw when using the extension. than the “made for cue” version.

I now use the med vacuum cleaner part as my extension. That feeling of “is it going to come apart if I shoot this with some force” is now gone; it is as solid as if I had screwed an extension on to the butt of my cue. Unfortunately I had to go through this experience myself. It may be difficult to ascertain the advantages of a vacuum cleaner part that they already own to a tube specifically built for the purpose of extending the cue without trying both.

I use it so infrequently that I can’t imagine it doing damage to my cue. (I assume that’s why the modified “vacuum cleaner parts” are the way they are; it probably stems from this fear and potential legal liability.)

Bottom line is that you probably already have a cue extension that is a little better than the type you intend to buy (assuming that you are intending to buy one that fits over your cue like a sleeve). Well good luck but my advice is to think outside the box, you will probably end up with a better cue extension.
</div></div>

You think you saved 20 bucks until youre using the thing, and she decides to vacuum the drapes again. With my luck, I know I'd be in trouble.