PDA

View Full Version : Don't kill the enemy!!!

pooltchr
05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
How insane is this? Our military troops are being told that if you are in a war zone, and your life is in danger, you should figrue out a way to protect yourself without killing the people trying to kill you!!!!! In fact, if you do, they will actually give you a freaking medal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some food for thought. 37% of our troop casualties in Afghanistan have happened just in the last year. The new rules of engagement are tying the hands of our troops far worse than anything Johnson ever did during Viet Nam!

If you don't want the troops killing the enemy, WTF are we doing with troops over there at all??????

http://www.brutallyhonest.org/brutally_h...int-medals.html (http://www.brutallyhonest.org/brutally_honest/2010/05/nato-looks-to-enact-courageous-restraint-medals.html)

Steve

Qtec
05-08-2010, 03:32 AM
If you want to win the war then you have to stop killing the civilians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>U.S. Admits Role in February Killing of Afghan Women</span>
By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.

KABUL, Afghanistan After initially denying involvement or any cover-up in the deaths of three Afghan women during a badly bungled American Special Operations assault in February, the American-led military command in Kabul admitted late on Sunday that its forces had, in fact, killed the women during the nighttime raid.

The admission immediately raised questions about what really happened during the Feb. 12 operation and what falsehoods followed <span style='font-size: 20pt'>including a new report that Special Operations forces dug bullets out of the bodies of the women to hide the true nature of their deaths.</span> </div></div>
bet you didn't hear about this on Fox news (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/world/asia/05afghan.html?ref=world)
Yeah, that's right, US soldiers dug the bullets out of bodies to cover up there mistake.
What should the Afghanis make of this?

If you want to win the war you NEED the support of the people, dropping bombs on them and shooting pregnant women does not help.

Q

LWW
05-08-2010, 05:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bet you didn't hear about this on Fox news (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/world/asia/05afghan.html?ref=world)

Q
</div></div>

Actually ... did.

LWW

pooltchr
05-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Q,
The fact is that the enemy combatants in Afghanistan have moved their operations to residential neighborhoods where they know our troops are being restricted as to what kind of action they can take in those areas. They are, in effect, using civilians as human shields.

But that doesn't even address the issue that I brought up (a typical ploy of yours to try and change the subject).
Why would you put your military people into a war zone, and then tell them not to shoot at the enemy that is shooting at them????

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-08-2010, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to win the war then you have to stop killing the civilians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>U.S. Admits Role in February Killing of Afghan Women</span>
By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.

KABUL, Afghanistan After initially denying involvement or any cover-up in the deaths of three Afghan women during a badly bungled American Special Operations assault in February, the American-led military command in Kabul admitted late on Sunday that its forces had, in fact, killed the women during the nighttime raid.

The admission immediately raised questions about what really happened during the Feb. 12 operation and what falsehoods followed <span style='font-size: 20pt'>including a new report that Special Operations forces dug bullets out of the bodies of the women to hide the true nature of their deaths.</span> </div></div>
bet you didn't hear about this on Fox news (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/world/asia/05afghan.html?ref=world)
Yeah, that's right, US soldiers dug the bullets out of bodies to cover up there mistake.
What should the Afghanis make of this?

If you want to win the war you NEED the support of the people, dropping bombs on them and shooting pregnant women does not help.

Q
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to win the war you NEED the support of the people, dropping bombs on them and shooting pregnant women does not help.

Q </div></div>

And that is exactly what General Petraeus said had been wrong in Iraq, and caused to some degree the huge insurgency which extended the battle, and caused so much loss of life for our soldiers.

He was just one of many Generals, who spoke out against the incompetence which grew the operation headed by Rumsfeld. They were axed....

I was talking with a reporter at the press club, who said to me, "Obamas famous first words in meetings, "Ok, tell me what you think I don't want to hear. Nobody leaves without speaking up!"

Bright guy, that Obama. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-08-2010, 09:21 AM
So are you saying you agree that we should be handing out medals to our troops who decide not to return fire????????????

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you saying you agree that we should be handing out medals to our troops who decide not to return fire????????????

Steve </div></div>

I didn't mention medals, at all?

I'm saying that killing innocent women and children should not be the goal, and that in fact, every effort should be taken to avoid it, since we have learned, from the disaster in Iraq, and Vietnam, that going in like Bulls in China Shops, "Kill everything that moves" made everything worse, and hence, Petreaus changed the strategy in Iraq, and is tranforming strategy in Afghanistan, as well. He IS the man who is overseeing everything that is going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

Also, did Ronald Reagan send "Peach Keeping" troops, unarmed, into Beruit? Were they murdered in their beds, IIRC, 240 of them? Did he respond?

NO!

Did George Bush Sr. respond to the terrorists who shot down the Pan Am plane?

NO!

Did a number of respected Generals declare the Bush prosecution of the War in Iraq, a disaster, protest the treatment of our troops, their lack of decent equipment, and the lack of a stated missio? Did they address the incompetence in handling the occupation, lack of a strategy for keeping the peace after the invasion, or failure to have a plan for getting out, and then either resigned, or were axed by the Administration for speaking up? did they not all demand that Rumsfeld regisn? This, after countless needless deaths and injuries of American soldiers.....

Did five Secretaries of State announce to the world that Iraq was the worst foreign policy decision in our history?

YES! They certainly did.

I, for one, am not over that! In fact, IMO, we should have stayed the hell out of the Middle East alll along, all the way back to Reagan, and gotten off dependence on foreign oil, which is really what all of this Midle East mess has been about all along.

G.

pooltchr
05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
"We could combine this notion of a "Courageous Restraint" medal and the self esteem movement and simply send unarmed soldiers into combat areas... this way, they'll all be awarded a "Courageous Restraint" medal... a little like the participatory trophy awarded to all soccer players...

And then there'd be peace...

All in favor say "Allah be praised".

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"We could combine this notion of a "Courageous Restraint" medal and the self esteem movement and simply send unarmed soldiers into combat areas... this way, they'll all be awarded a "Courageous Restraint" medal... a little like the participatory trophy awarded to all soccer players...

Steve </div></div>

Who wrote that? Where is the link? As far as I'm concerned, this is just another irrelevent post, as a lame response to documented information.

this si why I usually end up putting you back on ignore, which after a very few short hours, I am close to doing right now.

G.

pooltchr
05-08-2010, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"We could combine this notion of a "Courageous Restraint" medal and the self esteem movement and simply send unarmed soldiers into combat areas... this way, they'll all be awarded a "Courageous Restraint" medal... a little like the participatory trophy awarded to all soccer players...

Steve </div></div>

Who wrote that? Where is the link? As far as I'm concerned, this is just another irrelevent post, as a lame response to documented information.

this si why I usually end up putting you back on ignore, which after a very few short hours, I am close to doing right now.

G. </div></div>

Thank you! That confirms that you didn't even bother to read the link in my original post before you put in your two cents worth. Had you read the link, you would have known exactly where it came from.

Next time, try putting your brain in gear before you step on the gas.

Steve