PDA

View Full Version : NYC - World Trade Center

Doctor_D
08-22-2002, 05:55 AM
Good morning:

Yesterday afternoon, while visiting with one of the NYC Law Firms with which I work, I had the opportunity to visit the World Trade Center site for the first time since last September. What a strange site to see, as well as sensation to experience, to gaze upon that massive hole in the ground where the Twin Towers once stood. While it has been almost One (1) Year since I was at that location, yesterday's visit brought back vivid memories of every minute detail from that horrific day. Accross the street from the site is an old church and graveyard. Along the fencing around the graveyard you will find shirts, blouses, banners and other items expressing the heartfelt feelings and emotions of people from all over the world. It was indeed a sight which brought tears to my eyes.

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-22-2002, 06:53 AM
I'm surprised you hadn't been back until now. Did you stay away on purpose or or just by circumstance?

Be prepared for an onslaught of emotions this coming Sept. 11. The TV coverage is gonna be wall-to-wall /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif.

Doctor_D
08-22-2002, 06:55 AM
Good morning:

I intentionally kept my distance from the World Trade Center site. If I had no business need to be there, i did not want to be there...

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
08-22-2002, 07:24 AM
There are NO WORDS to describe "Ground Zero",it must be seen!Envision the little girl standing in the pouring rain holding a rose and a firefighter asks her,"Is there anything I can do for you" and she replies "No, my fathers in there,he is a fireman and Im waiting for him-todays his birthday!"
Carol~Never forget 9-11

Q-guy
08-22-2002, 07:40 AM
I have been avoiding a lot of the coverage on TV. I want to stay informed, but I can't take all the talking heads trying to galvanize their careers on this one story. I used to be a news junkie and the TV in my shop was always tuned to CNN or another news channel. Now it is on the game show network or something else equally as mindless. I know my emotions can't take what I am sure they have planned for that day. Sorry for the non-pool related post.

9 Ball Girl
08-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Hi Doc. If you were down by the church, then you were a few blocks from where I work (Federal Plaza). I was a couple of blocks away from the WTC on 9/11 since I get off on Chambers Street to go to work. As usual I had my cues with me and I remember strapping the case around my back as I ran away from the collapse of the 2nd tower. Everyday for the next several months, I walked down as far as they would let me just to go see it. Everyday. That's how I dealt with it. I lost 2 friends that day.

Wendy~~I will never forget

Doctor_D
08-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Good morning:

Three (3) days each week; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, I am at a client location on Broadway near Canal. Wednesday afternoons, starting next week, I will be on site with a client on Broadway near Fulton. If your schedule permits, maybe we can catch up for some cocktails and conversation?

Please feel free to E-Mail me directly. My E-Mail address is listed in my CCB personal profile.

Dr. D.

9 Ball Girl
08-22-2002, 08:03 AM
I'd love to! I can do lunch/cocktails any day between the hours of 12 - 2 PM. After work on Wednesdays is not good as Wednesday nights are my BCA league nights, Thursday nights are my 9 ball tourney nights. This coming week, unfortunately, I'll be at a week long conference at the Marriott Marquee Hotel. You can PM me if you'd like to set up a date. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif