PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton

Gayle in MD
05-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Did anyone watch the testimony on Tuesday?

Halliburton ended their work on the well just twenty hours before it blew. There have been reports that several of the standard fail safe blow out preventor tests for pressure, failed, in passing crucial negative pressure tests, had leaks, and were ignored, before they finished their work, and left the site.

An oil worker says he witnessed cheating on crucial tests.

The fail safe methods have not been upgraded since 1978, and since then oil companies have drilled deeper and deeper, more and more wells all over the world! We weren't even drilling in the deep, very deep water, where we now drill, back then.

Obviously what the industry calls blow out preventers, don't work! BP, halliburton, and Transoceans, operate under similar regulations and principles which have failed to stop 200,000 alloons of oill er day! Giving states the ability to reject off shore drilling doesn't protect them from being ruined by oil dissters. How many governors are pusing for drilling, just to get the subsidies for doing so?

In fact, our standards and regulations are not as stringent as the UK, or Norway, and a number of other countries, as well.

Suppose there is no way to turn off these very deep wells, that will last indefinitely! We don't even know! Do you know if any deep well has ever been closed off, and remained shut for any extended period of time?

200,000 gallons of oil pouring into the Gulf everyday, and America is focussed on whether or not a picture of a woman playing softball, means that she is gay, and could lead to a homosexual S.C. Judge!!!!

Unbelievable!

I hope that everyone will watch the full and complete testimony on all of this.

Nothing sounds moore ridiculous after hearing those lying SOB's wiggle and stone wall, and finger point at one another, all day long, than "Drill baby drill"

How excruciatingly piggish, ignorant, negligently absurd!

All deep water drilling should be drawn down over a period of time, IMO. In fact, drilling in water or waterways, should be abruptly stopped, and shifted to the land areas, until the world can free itself of the scourge, international dangers of multinational fights over and the filth of oil, with all of the environmental dangers, and terrorism issues involved.

If this isn't the moment to demand that we stop ruining our eco system, we will end up with nothing but oil filled oceans, no fishing industry, and basically, no decent planet to live on.

If you're worried about leaving debts to your childrren and grand children, you'd better give some thought to leaving them with no oceans clean enough to sustain marine life, no beaches free of oil balls, and nothing but medical bills for all the rising cancer illnesses, and special needs children, who are being damaged invetro by chemicals, oil filth and carbon pollution, all to benefit the wealthy corporate pigs who are ruining the earth.

Think about this, back 15 years ago, the largest six banks were 17% of GDP.

Now, they are 63% of GDP.

Stop the drilling in our oceans and waterways, break up the huge banks, draw down the manufacturing of chemicals, restore Glass/Steigal Act...We MUST clean up our world, and protect our environment.

We should all be demanding these changes.

G.

LWW
05-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Why are we drilling in ever deeper waters?

Here's a hint ... because of one political party ... starts with a D ... rhymes with rat.

And ... why didn't Clinton strengthen the regs? Why hasn't Obama?

Here's the real question ... why is it that the state dictates where and how oil may be drilled, in spite of the oil industry explaining there are less expensive and safer ways and areas to drill, and then the state blames the oil companies for following the rules set by the state?

LWW

Qtec
05-13-2010, 04:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And ... why didn't Clinton strengthen the regs? Why hasn't Obama?</div></div>

LOL..<span style='font-size: 20pt'>.Why didn't Bush do something?.</span>.....reading your posts its like Bush never existed! The last 8 years when the present problems were created, it was either Clinton's fault or Obama's!

Remarkable.

Q

LWW
05-13-2010, 04:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And ... why didn't Clinton strengthen the regs? Why hasn't Obama?</div></div>

LOL..<span style='font-size: 20pt'>.Why didn't Bush do something?.</span>.....reading your posts its like Bush never existed! The last 8 years when the present problems were created, it was either Clinton's fault or Obama's!

Remarkable.

Q </div></div>

How do you "GET IT" without ever getting it.

The article laments that the laws haven't changed since 1978 ... so it must be Bush's fault.

That is completely willing ignorance of the fact that since 1978 James Earl Carter, Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, George Walker Bush, and Barack Hussein Obama Junior have been POTUS.

And, FWIW, Reagan and both Bushes did try to fix it by allowing drilling in shallower waters.

Truth vs truthiness.

LWW

Qtec
05-13-2010, 04:47 AM
There are regulations but as in the same case as Wall St, they were not enforced.....and guess who you have to thank for that?

Something to think about.
a$$ kisser (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/03/business/03cox.html)
the GOVT intimidating the individual (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/25/politics/25overstock.html?_r=2&oref=slogin)

Can we blame Clinton or Obama for the B Madoff fraud?

link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/bush-sec-holdovers-cite-executive-pri)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush SEC Holdovers Cite Executive Privilege, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Refuse to Answer Questions at Madoff Hearing</span>
</div></div>

Bush was a puppet. Cheney was Pres and K Rove was his right hand man. If Bush had half the intellect as Clinton, the country would be in better shape.

Q

BTW, there are billboards in the south that say, "bring back Bush".

If it went the same as last time, the first thing he would do is double the Nat Debt, borrow 2 trillion and give most of it to the rich[ nothing to the poorest] and start another war.

What joy!

Qtec
05-13-2010, 04:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The article </div></div>

What article? Do you have a link?

Q

LWW
05-13-2010, 05:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The article </div></div>

What article? Do you have a link?

Q </div></div>

Yes ... this thread.
Ask Gayle where she got the 1978 figure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fail safe methods have not been upgraded since 1978, and since then oil companies have drilled deeper and deeper, more and more wells all over the world! We weren't even drilling in the deep, very deep water, where we now drill, back then. ...

All deep water drilling should be drawn down over a period of time, IMO. In fact, drilling in water or waterways, should be abruptly stopped, and shifted to the land areas ...

Stop the drilling in our oceans and waterways, break up the huge banks, draw down the manufacturing of chemicals, restore Glass/Steigal Act...We MUST clean up our world, and protect our environment.

G.
</div></div>

Also ... notice that at the end she takes on a very conservative agenda, which I find encouraging, after opposing all of those things in the past.

America is awash in oil ... we simply lack the sense to drill for it. Glass-Stegall should never have been repealed and I've said this since 1999.

As far as doing away with petrochemicals ... that would be the biggest health plague in history. Modern medicine cannot exist without it, neither can our modern society.

I'm for improving the environment, but I stop short of returning to coal stove cooking and living in a log cabin with a dirt floor.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-13-2010, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And ... why didn't Clinton strengthen the regs? Why hasn't Obama?</div></div>

Remarkable.

Q </div></div>

Endless twisting of the facts, coombined with D-E-N-I-A-L!

Gee, under whose term did oil profits break all former profit records in history, worldwide?

So easy to follow the money, straight back to the Enron Jet, hauling W. from campaign stop, to campaign stop.

Imagine, if Obama was caught kissing a Saudian Arabian Arab Prince, on the lips, and holding hands with him, like his boytoy!

"Amazing, you lie in the SOTUA, then you delete the lies the next day.

You cherry pick the intelligence, strong arm the CIA, then you blame all the same Intelligence Experts when it is proven wrong, same people who told you it wasn't' correct....AND it was outdated, AND Saddam was not an immedite threat.

Then you crawl around on the Oval office floor, peeking under the furniture, joking about finding no WMD's in Iraq, while our soldiers were paying for his lies, with their lives"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Chopstick
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.
</div></div>

Oil rig testimony (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748704879704575236553480511416.html#m od=todays_us_page_one)

<span style="color: #000099">The above is a link to a pretty good article in the WSJ. You may have to be a subscriber for it to work. Anyway I would like to clarify a few points. "We" were not drilling anything. The Europeans were. BP owns the well and Transocean owns the rig. Haliburton was just the contractor.

There is also the question of what they were doing there. The rig is located with the territorial exclusive economic zone of the United States. Why is a European company drilling in our oil field? The Chinese and the Russians are out there somewhere also and they certainly don't give a crap about our coastlines.

Haliburton claims they were just following orders from BP and there seems to be evidence supporting that. They certainly knew about it. However, this was not an industry standard procedure they were performing and they should have refused to do it for safety reasons. They tested the pipe for gas leakage twice and found gas in the pipe both times and proceeded anyway. Before Haliburton performed the procedure, they asked permission from the Federal Mineral Management Service and they agreed (They could have stepped in ans stopped it right there.)

Add to this, the blowout preventor was of insufficient strength to cut the pipe. The battery that operated the blow out preventor was dead. On all of the other oil rigs that BP and Transocean operate in European waters have an additional remote triggered blowout preventor that was not installed here.

The list goes on and on. BP, Transocean, Haliburton and the MMS were all negligent. Transocean has filed a motion in court for limitation of liability under the Maritime Limitation of Liability act of 1858. This limits the damages to the value of the vessel itself. Under maritime law oil rigs are considered vessels and it did sink in US territorial waters. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. The the Valdez spill happened Exxon stepped forward and paid for all of the clean up. These guys are trying to get out of paying for it.

I do not think we should stop drilling. Oil escapes to the surface naturally. It's part of the cycle of the planet. That is how we discovered it in the first place. Why not harvest it? I do think we can do it safely and I am sure this incident will result in better regulations as these guys were clearly cutting corners at the expense of safety.

If you want to clean up and protect the environment then reduce the population. It is just that simple and the only thing that will work. Forty percent of our lakes and waterways are undrinkable, unfishable, and unswimable. How is increasing the population of this country by 300%, as congress plans is doing, going to help this?
</span>

LWW
05-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Your opinion does not blame Bush and is therefor going to be ignored.

The bottom line is that nobody knows for sure who's at fault.

What we do know is:

- The Obama regime granted the waiver.

- The US govt had a plan in place in case this type thing ever happened.

- The plan involved immediate deployment of fire booms to keep the spill from spreading, IE backfire containment as is routinely done with forest fires.

- The Obama regime failed to execute the plan.

- The Obama regime failed to execute an alternative plan.

- Blaming someone who has had absolutely zero involvement 15 months is similar to blaming the last owner of a used car because the new owner gets drunk and kills someone in it.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.
</div></div>

Oil rig testimony (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748704879704575236553480511416.html#m od=todays_us_page_one)

<span style="color: #000099">The above is a link to a pretty good article in the WSJ. You may have to be a subscriber for it to work. Anyway I would like to clarify a few points. "We" were not drilling anything. The Europeans were. BP owns the well and Transocean owns the rig. Haliburton was just the contractor.

There is also the question of what they were doing there. The rig is located with the territorial exclusive economic zone of the United States. Why is a European company drilling in our oil field? The Chinese and the Russians are out there somewhere also and they certainly don't give a crap about our coastlines.

Haliburton claims they were just following orders from BP and there seems to be evidence supporting that. They certainly knew about it. However, this was not an industry standard procedure they were performing and they should have refused to do it for safety reasons. They tested the pipe for gas leakage twice and found gas in the pipe both times and proceeded anyway. Before Haliburton performed the procedure, they asked permission from the Federal Mineral Management Service and they agreed (They could have stepped in ans stopped it right there.)

Add to this, the blowout preventor was of insufficient strength to cut the pipe. The battery that operated the blow out preventor was dead. On all of the other oil rigs that BP and Transocean operate in European waters have an additional remote triggered blowout preventor that was not installed here.

The list goes on and on. BP, Transocean, Haliburton and the MMS were all negligent. Transocean has filed a motion in court for limitation of liability under the Maritime Limitation of Liability act of 1858. This limits the damages to the value of the vessel itself. Under maritime law oil rigs are considered vessels and it did sink in US territorial waters. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. The the Valdez spill happened Exxon stepped forward and paid for all of the clean up. These guys are trying to get out of paying for it.

I do not think we should stop drilling. Oil escapes to the surface naturally. It's part of the cycle of the planet. That is how we discovered it in the first place. Why not harvest it? I do think we can do it safely and I am sure this incident will result in better regulations as these guys were clearly cutting corners at the expense of safety.

If you want to clean up and protect the environment then reduce the population. It is just that simple and the only thing that will work. Forty percent of our lakes and waterways are undrinkable, unfishable, and unswimable. How is increasing the population of this country by 300%, as congress plans is doing, going to help this?
</span> </div></div>

Brace yourself, I agree with everything you write, except, I didn't think the Valdez spill was ever copletely cleaned up, nor damages comletely paid off...it's been a while since I have studied about it...though.

I have also been completely against our country ignoring the wide scale illegal invasion we have witnessed which grew continuously, since Amnesty.

I also do not think the children of illegals should be considered as American Citizens, if their parents are here illegally.

And, BTW, my use of "We" is aimed at all of the people of the world, and particularly at our country, which seems to block everything the ever emerges from anywhere to improve our environment, putting profits before health. We should be leading the world, now lagging behind China!

I don't see how referring to the natural occurances in the ocean, can possibly be applicable, however, to the deep ocean drilling, going on every day, all over the world, by multinational countries, including ours, without the strictest of regulatory oversight.

IMO, the risks are not ever going to be failsafe....and the lies of the corporate CEO's will never end. Money always seems to trump conscience.

We should be moving away from dirty energy, regardless, instead of people chanting Drill Baby Drill....IMO. I have great confidence in American Ingenuity and Can Do! We simply have leaders who are bought and paid for before they ever get into office, and it seems to me, I hear more Dems pushing for environmenntal protections, than any other party....

Thank you for the link....I did watch the live testimony, and I must say, I found them all repulsive....each pointing at the other guy, and reading between their statements, they're all going to try to avoid paying for all of the damages if they can get away with it.

G.

Stretch
05-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Remarkable.

Q </div></div>

Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring. However by not using this switch the oil companies save 500,000 bucks per rig. THANKS GEORGE! St.

wolfdancer
05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Stretch counters with a left hook to the jaw, it looks like this could be it for lww...as he is taking another beating.....

LWW
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring.</div></div>

Got a link to where he did that?

What's that?

It didn't actually happen?

Imagine that.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Right you are, and the link to that information has already been posted by either Q., or I. We think so much alike, IMHO, sometimes I can't discriminate between which of us posted what!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

We all know, the Bush administration was all for the oil corporations, and against carving out a path away from the filthy stuff...as have been the Republicans, for decades, against moving away from oil, against spending money for research and development for clean renewables.

All of the companies involved were at fault, and all have bad reputations for not adhering to safety regulations. BP has been guilty of many spills, and during that incident, as in all others, they just buy their way out, pay the fines, and get off scott free, from prosecution of any kind....how bout that time in Texas City, they just get off without paying for what they did...Bush aided them and Republicans protect them all of the time.

Like the Wall Strret bunch, they think they cn do whatever they like, and are above the law...they have all been greedy and incompetent, just as Wall Street was....

No device with 260 fail safe features, can be safe. Drilling in the oceans is crazy, IMO, and going toward more drilling, crazier still.

BP lied about their ability to handle an accident in the Gulf, and hence, clearly, as we have seen with our own eyes, they cannot. Yet, they assured our representatives that they could.

More corporate lying pigs...plain and simple, who will pass on whatever losses they absorb, to us, the American public.
Corporate Destruction as no nationality. They seem to never end up in jail, just a few of the crooks, used as pawns, to make it look like somebody is paying for the many average people who really pay the price, often, with their lives.

On these links you will also find links for many of the repulsive CEO's testimonies....there is plen about drilling, BP, Halliburton, and transoceans if you just coitinue to follow these links, including testimony....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcN4SQkb9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=xxNpz41wSOg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=xxNpz41wSOg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcN4SQkb9A
G.

Stretch
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring.</div></div>

What's that?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

Here is this for your viewing pleasure.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/papantonio-thank-dick-cheney-and-his-meeti

Gayle in MD
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Great find, St.,
I was watching that last night, I think it was last night, and meant to post a link on here today...glad you did so, and thanks.

Tonight, Mike Mason, whistleblower former oil worker, had quite interesting information on the Olbermann show.

I will try and find it, and post it soon.

Was suppposed to have left town today, but not quite ready to travel, BTW...neck injury acting up from too much gardening...when will I ever lern to stop, and stretch, LOL, no pun intended... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Love,
Gayle
G.

Stretch
05-13-2010, 07:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great find, St.,
I was watching that last night, I think it was last night, and meant to post a link on here today...glad you did so, and thanks.

Tonight, Mike Mason, whistleblower former oil worker, had quite interesting information on the Olbermann show.

I will try and find it, and post it soon.

Was suppposed to have left town today, but not quite ready to travel, BTW...neck injury acting up from too much gardening...when will I ever lern to stop, and stretch, LOL, no pun intended... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Love,
Gayle
G. </div></div>

Have a great trip Gayle! They say a change is as good as a rest. Enjoy and spoil yourself! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif St.

LWW
05-14-2010, 02:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's that?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/papantonio-thank-dick-cheney-and-his-meeti </div></div>

That was just precious.

I already knew you could quote a moonbat sites OPINION ... I was wanting an actual demonstration that this ever actually happened.

What's that?

You don't have any?

I already knew that.

I can find nutjobs on the web who believe the Nazis still have a secret base under the ice caps ... that doesn't make it true.

LWW

LWW
05-14-2010, 03:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring. However by not using this switch the oil companies save 500,000 bucks per rig. THANKS GEORGE! St. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704423504575212031417936798.html)

Here is the article that C & L refers to. Had you bothered to actually read it, you would find:

1 - The Clinton regime declined to require acoustic switches be installed.

2 - The Bush II regime declined to require acoustic switches be installed.

3 - The Obama regime declined to require acoustic switches be installed.

4 - Acoustic switches have never been a requirement in the US.

5 - Being that they have never been required, they have never been deregulated out of requirement.

6 - The switches have never been subjected to a real world test on a situation like this.

Now, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been required in hindsight, or that they shouldn't be required in the future, or that they would have worked had they been required.

What it does show is that the far left salivates over the raw meat of hate whenever the overly simplistic answers of B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!! is offered to them.

And, FWIW, C & L is the most appropriately named show on the tube as the majority of people on the show are either crooks, or liars, or both ... but all with a ginned up agenda of deceit and hatred aimed at those seeking bumper sticker catch phrase answers to the world's problems.

LWW

hondo
05-14-2010, 05:14 AM
I can find nutjobs on the web who believe that Joe McCarthy was a great patriot who was simply mis-understood; that doesn't make it true.

LWW

Great post, dud.

Stretch
05-14-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's that?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/papantonio-thank-dick-cheney-and-his-meeti </div></div>

That was just precious.

I already knew you could quote a moonbat sites OPINION ... I was wanting an actual demonstration that this ever actually happened.

What's that?

You don't have any?

I already knew that.

I can find nutjobs on the web who believe the Nazis still have a secret base under the ice caps ... that doesn't make it true.

LWW </div></div>

Correction, you asked for a link. You got it. Now you want an actuall demonstration that this actually happened! LMFAO. Tell you what, if that's your "standard" for discussing anything then shove your "links request" where the sun don't shine. Just who made you the uninpeachable source of information?

Whats that?

You are not?

We already knew that.

Please define "demonstrate" for us all. So that we can be aware of what your new requirements are for presenting our arguments. It may come as a shock to you that i don't have time to put together an iron clad case, complete with material witnesses, documentation, sworn affidavids, and testimony under oath. And even if i did, you'd find a way to twist the truth to save face just as you are now, so forget it ok? St.

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What's that?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

That was just precious.

What's that?

You don't have any?

I already knew that.

LWW </div></div>

Correction, you asked for a link. You got it. Now you want an actuall demonstration that this actually happened! LMFAO. Tell you what, if that's your "standard" for discussing anything then shove your "links request" where the sun don't shine. Just who made you the uninpeachable source of information?

Whats that?

You are not?

We already knew that.

Please define "demonstrate" for us all. So that we can be aware of what your new requirements are for presenting our arguments. It may come as a shock to you that i don't have time to put together an iron clad case, complete with material witnesses, documentation, sworn affidavids, and testimony under oath. And even if i did, you'd find a way to twist the truth to save face just as you are now, so forget it ok? St. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Bravo! Excellent response,....JUST imagine what it would be like shooting against this guy on the pool table!

Everyone in the room sees him do it, I can hear it now, ah, no, I didn't touch the CB, you can't prove I did...after he has moved it three inches, everryone around the table saw it move, he shoots the shot, anyway.

It was surely no secret that Cheney was in charge of the energy policy, and the FACT that he removed as many regulations on oil, as he could get away with, proof already posted right on this forum, while Bush was busy launching his illegal war of choice, our kids dying for oil contracts, while Iran, N.Korea, Afghanistan, the economy, education, Veterans aid, all on the back burner, and funding cut,....big spenders, Republicans, of course, all leading to a collapsed economy. But more government officials since Reagan, refusing to answer any questions about their dirty dealing, or even entertain the silly question of how the hell and who the hell, was going to pay for all of it!

Obama inherited a range of BUUUUUSH F.ups, all with no win, no good options, for correcting, settling or to reversing all the losses and damages. He painted this country right into a corner, on everything!

What did we get out of any of it? NOTHING. We ended up in the debt ditch, illegals flowing over our borders, Bush stripped the funding for border patrols! One terrorist act after another, including a Muslim, Beltway Assassin, Anthrax, North Carolina, military shooting, the H. Museum, and more attempts than ever before or since, recently prevented by good police efforts, and citizens staying alert, increased terrorist attacks everywhere all over the world, and then had to listen to...Bush kept us safe for seven years! Republicans strong on protecting Americans???? LMAO! Tell that to the 9/11 families and survivors.

Now, we are watching the same BS coming from the oil industry, that we heard thirty years ago, " Not my fault" while Republicans are chanting, Drill Baby Drill, and we are watching the oil industry PIGS unable to prevent hundreds of thousands spewing into the Gulf daily, for weeks, not a clue how to stop it, and a Republican From ALASKA, no less, hands full of oil money, blocks an immediate pass on the Senate Floor, for higher financial liability from the OIL culprits responsible, for all those Americans living in the Gulf Region, not to mention the loss of wildlife and fish. Americans who may lose everything because of OIL CEO greed and negligence, plus overall Economic damage for America, and she's protecting the lying SOB's who have been stuffing record breaking profits in their pants since Bush's "look the other way" administrtion.

Cheney assured them they would look the other way, and even launch war, to help them get Iraq contracts, while robbing all the rest of us, at the gas tanks, as they were killing and maiming our own kids to get Refining contracts from Iraq, the REAL reason why they went there in the first place, all of them ON THE RECORD for a decade, spouting their wish to invade Iraq, all of them linked to the oil industry.

I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN! NEVER!!!! Anyone who does, needs a shrink...

</span>

LWW
05-14-2010, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correction, you asked for a link. You got it. Now you want an actuall demonstration that this actually happened! LMFAO. Tell you what, if that's your "standard" for discussing anything then shove your "links request" where the sun don't shine. St. </div></div>

Evidence is considered to be something tangible and not "OPINION" my friend.

And what I asked for wasn't a link, it was a link to evidence that this actually happened. I realize you are factually challenged, but opinion is not proof.

You have no proof, OTOH I have demonstrated by actual evidence that what you claim to have happened didn't actually happen at all ... in fact the opposite happened. Don't get haterizing on me because you choose to believe crooks and liars.

LWW

Chopstick
05-14-2010, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring. However by not using this switch the oil companies save 500,000 bucks per rig. THANKS GEORGE! St. </div></div>

Did you even bother to find out what the regulations were and what was deregulated? Here they are right here:

2005 Energy Bill Summary (http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuclear/electricity/energybill/2005/articles.cfm?ID=13980)

There are things to complain about in this bill but there is not one single thing in there about safety regulations on oil rigs.

LWW
05-14-2010, 06:51 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS PART DEUX&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/14/us/14agency.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — The federal Minerals Management Service gave permission to BP and dozens of other oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico without first getting required permits from another agency that assesses threats to endangered species — and despite strong warnings from that agency about the impact the drilling was likely to have on the gulf. ...

Those approvals, federal records show, include one for the well drilled by the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers and resulting in thousands of barrels of oil spilling into the gulf each day.

The Minerals Management Service, or M.M.S., also routinely overruled its staff biologists and engineers who raised concerns about the safety and the environmental impact of certain drilling proposals in the gulf and in Alaska, according to a half-dozen current and former agency scientists.

Those scientists said they were also regularly pressured by agency officials to change the findings of their internal studies if they predicted that an accident was likely to occur or if wildlife might be harmed. ...

It has said on repeated occasions that drilling in the gulf affects these animals, but the minerals agency since January 2009 has approved at least three huge lease sales, 103 seismic blasting projects and 346 drilling plans. Agency records also show that permission for those projects and plans was granted without getting the permits required under federal law. ...

Federal records indicate that these consultations ended with NOAA instructing the minerals agency that continued drilling in the gulf was harming endangered marine mammals and that the agency needed to get permits to be in compliance with federal law. ...

In a letter from September 2009, obtained by The New York Times, NOAA accused the minerals agency of a pattern of understating the likelihood and potential consequences of a major spill in the gulf and understating the frequency of spills that have already occurred there.

The letter accuses the agency of highlighting the safety of offshore oil drilling operations while overlooking more recent evidence to the contrary. The data used by the agency to justify its approval of drilling operations in the gulf play down the fact that spills have been increasing and understate the “risks and impacts of accidental spills,” the letter states. NOAA declined several requests for comment. ...

“You simply are not allowed to conclude that the drilling will have an impact,” said one scientist who has worked for the minerals agency for more than a decade. “If you find the risks of a spill are high or you conclude that a certain species will be affected, your report gets disappeared in a desk drawer and they find another scientist to redo it or they rewrite it for you.” ...

After the disaster, Mr. Salazar said he would delay granting any new oil drilling permits.

But the minerals agency has issued at least five final approval permits to new drilling projects in the gulf since last week, records show. ...</div></div>

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the O-cult will cast aside it's dignity to defend dearest leader.

LWW

LWW
05-14-2010, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Q, Bush DID do something. He de-regulated the oil industry allowing them to drill off shore without the proper safegaurds in place, such as an acoustic switch which would have prevented this disaster from occuring. However by not using this switch the oil companies save 500,000 bucks per rig. THANKS GEORGE! St. </div></div>

Did you even bother to find out what the regulations were and what was deregulated? Here they are right here:

2005 Energy Bill Summary (http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuclear/electricity/energybill/2005/articles.cfm?ID=13980)

There are things to complain about in this bill but there is not one single thing in there about safety regulations on oil rigs. </div></div>

Please ... don't confuse them with the facts.

They are convinced Clinton demanded the acoustic sensors ... even though he never did. They are convinced Bush nixed the legislation ... even though it never existed, and that Obama would have foreced them to be used again had not B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!! somehow thwarted him. Oh, and they are convinced the switches would have avoided this even though they have never been tested in the real world.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There are things to complain about in this bill but there is not one single thing in there about safety regulations on oil rigs. </div></div>

Chop,
Do you agree that cheney held his meetings behind closed doors, and refused to release the minutes? I truly would not expect his agreements to be accessable, anywhere, but we can surely prove, that there has been a long standing lapse of strengthening regulations, since Bush got into office, and thhe most recent giveaways, which warned about dirlling in the Gulf, took place before Obama had even moved into the White HOuse, and unpacked.

We all know, corporate corruption expands due to corrupt, self-serving politicians.

Like that woman from Alaska, a Republican, Lisa Murkowski, who is protecting the big three responsible for this disaster in the Gulf, from higher financial liability for the huge mess they have made, and not to mention damage to small businesses in the region, and the environement. She got loads of money from oil, and now is shelterint them from assisting all of the Americans they have hurt. She was the only vote against a fast track increase on expanding the oil insudtry's pultry current limited financial liabiliess, while more and more information is surfacing about how they side stepped even the existing regulations.

There should be no deep water drilling, nor shallow water drilling, anywhere in the world, IMO. I admit, I'm a long time tree hugger...I am not against making some chemicals for medicines, but thats about as reasonble excuse for filling up oour environment with chemicals, as her assertion that she's trying to protect the Mom & Pop oil companies, who the hell does she think she's kidding!! The people of nthe world are now being made terribly ill, from a massive amount of Chemicals, in Everything, and pollution in ur environment!

When I say I would never vote Republican, their outrageous assault against our environment, dating all the way back to REagan, is one of the main reasons why I say that.

Of course, I have a whole range of other reasons, as you might imagine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Do you agree that Dems held secret meetings behind closed doors when they were working on HCR? Would that not indicate the same kind of corruption you are charging in your post?

Have you ever been in a private confidential meeting? Are you corrupt?

Steve

Stretch
05-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Sadly they have learned nothing from similar catastrophic failures. It comes down to "you drill, you spill", greed trumps responsobility every time untill we start charging these maniacs with environmental terrorism.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...ralia-oil-spill (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/23/australia-oil-spillhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/23/australia-oil-spill)

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly they have learned nothing from similar catastrophic failures. It comes down to "you drill, you spill", greed trumps responsobility every time untill we start charging these maniacs with environmental terrorism.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...ralia-oil-spill (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/23/australia-oil-spillhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/23/australia-oil-spill)

</div></div>

Stretch, that link isn't working for me. Check it out...

The only thing that has stood between their environmental terrorism, is their well paid off Republicans.
We all watched what happened to this country during the first six years of the Bush Attack on America, with Republicans holding the majority, and we've been tryiing to reverse all the damages, ever since. So many mess left, and no good options. Whenn they screw things up, they go all the way!
I will NEVER vote for a Republican!

G.

Chopstick
05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There should be no deep water drilling, nor shallow water drilling, anywhere in the world, IMO. I admit, I'm a long time tree hugger...I am not against making some chemicals for medicines, but thats about as reasonble excuse for filling up oour environment with chemicals, as her assertion that she's trying to protect the Mom & Pop oil companies, who the hell does she think she's kidding!! The people of nthe world are now being made terribly ill, from a massive amount of Chemicals, in Everything, and pollution in ur environment!

When I say I would never vote Republican, their outrageous assault against our environment, dating all the way back to REagan, is one of the main reasons why I say that.

Of course, I have a whole range of other reasons, as you might imagine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

That is quite a range of subjects in your post. Too much to be addressed in a single response so I will confine it to this part. I don't have a problem with drilling or even mining in the ocean when it becomes possible because contrary to what you see on the nature shows, the majority of the ocean is a desert. Nothing lives there.

I have been an environmentalist for nearly 50 years, since before there was even a word for it. Then in the Eighties or whenever all these people show up going to save the planet. Nice thought but the horse has been out of the barn for thirty years. The damage is done. It's out there. No one is doing anything to fix it. Sure they go out and fiddle with it and wind up doing as much damage as the original problem.

I did hear something about Prince William sound the other day. Even though they cleaned up all the oil, if you dig down a few feet, there is still oil there. It soaked into the ground. You can't get all of that out of there. I don't worry about crude oil that much because it is natural to the environment, has been around for millions of years and nature has evolved ways of dealing with it. Refined chemicals are a different story. Mature has no defense against those and we have been careless with them for far too long. As you said, there are everywhere now and there doesn't appear to be any thing that can be done about them.

Nanotechnology is the only thing I can think of that could possibly clean things up and they did make a major breakthrough in that field recently. They solved the build problem. The "build problem" refers to how long it takes to build a nanobot and it would take like a hundred thousand years to build enough of them to do any thing significant. They now have a series of nanobots that can build copies of themselves. They are made of fragments of DNA molecules which is kind of scary. You could turn a bag full of those guys loose, tell them to make a zillion copies of themselves, clean up all that oil, and put yourselves in this box when you're done.

LWW
05-14-2010, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you agree that Dems held secret meetings behind closed doors when they were working on HCR? Would that not indicate the same kind of corruption you are charging in your post?

Have you ever been in a private confidential meeting? Are you corrupt?

Steve </div></div>

Who did or didn't hold meetings has no relevance.

The POTUS nor VPOTUS has standing to rescind US law ... as much as that bothers the O-cult.

LWW

pooltchr
05-14-2010, 09:54 AM

G. </div></div>

And that is why you are so irrelivent. Anyone who would ignore the issues, and vote strictly because of the letter behind someone's name, is the reason we have so many idiots running Washington right now.

Tune out the party line, and use your brain if you can. You will be much better off.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Of course, I have a whole range of other reasons, as you might imagine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

That is quite a range of subjects in your post. Too much to be addressed in a single response so I will confine it to this part. I don't have a problem with drilling or even mining in the ocean when it becomes possible because contrary to what you see on the nature shows, the majority of the ocean is a desert. Nothing lives there.

I have been an environmentalist for nearly 50 years, since before there was even a word for it. Then in the Eighties or whenever all these people show up going to save the planet. Nice thought but the horse has been out of the barn for thirty years. The damage is done. It's out there. No one is doing anything to fix it. Sure they go out and fiddle with it and wind up doing as much damage as the original problem.

I did hear something about Prince William sound the other day. Even though they cleaned up all the oil, if you dig down a few feet, there is still oil there. It soaked into the ground. You can't get all of that out of there. I don't worry about crude oil that much because it is natural to the environment, has been around for millions of years and nature has evolved ways of dealing with it. Refined chemicals are a different story. Mature has no defense against those and we have been careless with them for far too long. As you said, there are everywhere now and there doesn't appear to be any thing that can be done about them.

Nanotechnology is the only thing I can think of that could possibly clean things up and they did make a major breakthrough in that field recently. They solved the build problem. The "build problem" refers to how long it takes to build a nanobot and it would take like a hundred thousand years to build enough of them to do any thing significant. They now have a series of nanobots that can build copies of themselves. They are made of fragments of DNA molecules which is kind of scary. You could turn a bag full of those guys loose, tell them to make a zillion copies of themselves, clean up all that oil, and put yourselves in this box when you're done. </div></div>

I can think of a lot of things we could be doing now, to atleast stop doing lots of things, and eventually maybe everything that leads to more annd more polution of our environment.

I will spare you of reading the list, but we have to atleast begin, somewhere, to move away from dangerous pullution of our evironment.

This spill is fara worse than originally expected, BTW.

You might want to read my post, they are saying ten times worse.

OMG, just kills me to think of alll those poor animals, and the beautiful beaches all along the Gulf....

What's worse, if you go into Keith Olbermanns website, you can click your way to the wistleblower who says that the industry doesn't follow the regulations as a rule....in the first place.

Chopstick
05-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I can think of a lot of things we could be doing now, to atleast stop doing lots of things, and eventually maybe everything that leads to more annd more polution of our environment.

I will spare you of reading the list, but we have to atleast begin, somewhere, to move away from dangerous pullution of our evironment.

This spill is fara worse than originally expected, BTW.

You might want to read my post, they are saying ten times worse.

OMG, just kills me to think of alll those poor animals, and the beautiful beaches all along the Gulf....

What's worse, if you go into Keith Olbermanns website, you can click your way to the wistleblower who says that the industry doesn't follow the regulations as a rule....in the first place.

</div></div>

It not far worse than I expected. Ten times worse is still not enough. It's going to be worse than that. I live and fish on those gulf beaches so I'm gonna to get it up close and personal. Hopefully the wind will keep blowing it the other way.

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Then, wouldn't that make it the worst spill in history?

LWW
05-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Not even close.

The worst ever was when Saddamite Hussinsein ordered 10,300,000 barrels to be dumped into the Persian Gulf.

The worst in the Gulf of Mexico was Ixtoc I which dumped 3,000,000 barrels into the gulf in 1980.

This isn't even close to the top 10 list yet.

As bad as it is, the disaster has been used by the anti oil Luddites to attempt to further enslave the west to nut job Islamic nations, and their less than stellar eco history, for the lifeblood of the world's economy.

&gt;&gt;&gt;TRUTH VS TRUTHINESS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/29/worst-oil-spills-business-energy-oil-spills.html)

LWW

Stretch
05-14-2010, 01:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly they have learned nothing from similar catastrophic failures. It comes down to "you drill, you spill", greed trumps responsobility every time untill we start charging these maniacs with environmental terrorism.

</div></div>

The only thing that has stood between their environmental terrorism, is their well paid off Republicans.
We all watched what happened to this country during the first six years of the Bush Attack on America, with Republicans holding the majority, and we've been tryiing to reverse all the damages, ever since. So many mess left, and no good options. Whenn they screw things up, they go all the way!

G. </div></div>

Sorry, that site must have copy right protection. It was just an article i found on the oil rig off the barrier reef in Australia last year. Same thing happened to it and it ran out of control for over a month i think. It's too bad they didn't learn thier lesson from that. I'd say criminal legligence in this instance is totaly called for. I'd sue BP right out of exsistance. Maybe that would send a signal to the oil industry to at least cover thier a$$ets against "worst case scenerios". It's obvious that they don't know what the f@3ck thier doing at that depth, pressure, temp. and indeed are resorting to 4 or 5 diff. methods at the same time praying to god one of them "HELPS". Un-be-freekin-lievable!! St.

Gayle in MD
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly they have learned nothing from similar catastrophic failures. It comes down to "you drill, you spill", greed trumps responsobility every time untill we start charging these maniacs with environmental terrorism.

</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Sorry, that site must have copy right protection. It was just an article i found on the oil rig off the barrier reef in Australia last year. Same thing happened to it and it ran out of control for over a month i think. It's too bad they didn't learn thier lesson from that. I'd say criminal legligence in this instance is totaly called for. I'd sue BP right out of exsistance. Maybe that would send a signal to the oil industry to at least cover thier a$$ets against "worst case scenerios". It's obvious that they don't know what the f@3ck thier doing at that depth, pressure, temp. and indeed are resorting to 4 or 5 diff. methods at the same time praying to god one of them "HELPS". Un-be-freekin-lievable!! St.
</div></div>

Absolutely, and notice the Republican from Alaska, blocking more pressure on making them come up with more of their stinking profits to help all those whoo will be devastated, not to mention the animals.

Makes me sick! I called her office this morning. Left her my "Regards" for being on the take, and voting no after their disgraceful bahavior in fron of the Senate.

Obama gave them hell today. You'd never hera Bush, McCain, or any of them leveling about the disster the way Obama did today, Repubs would be minimizing the whole thin, and who knows if we'd ever get the real truth with them in control.

g.