PDA

View Full Version : How Gov't spending affects you personally.

pooltchr
05-14-2010, 10:41 AM
EZ FAMILY FORMULA
TO QUICKLY FIGURE THE AVERAGE FAMILY’S COST OF FEDERAL SPENDING

Bringing those big, BIG numbers home….

THE FORMULA:

Simply put a ZERO on the number of Billions
and that is your family’s cost.

EXAMPLES:
The budget deficit for April, 2010 = $82 Billion. Your family’s cost? Add the ZERO to the number of Billions and you have taken on $820 of more debt in April for your family to pay.

The recent Stimulus package = $787 Billion. Put the ZERO on that number of Billions and your family’s budget hit for that bill comes to $7,870.

Total US Govt spending for 2010 is estimated to be $3.7 Trillion ($3,700 Billion). Put the ZERO on that number of Billions and your family’s cost for this year’s US Govt comes to $37,000.

WHY IT WORKS:

There are about 100 Million households (families) in America.

So, each $1 Billion spent (100 Million x 10) cost each family $10, on average.

All government money eventually comes from We the People.

Personal budgets and taxes are now mostly done by the household, not individually.

Each family is unique, of course, but this is the average effect on every family.

Remember….Just place a ZERO on the number of Billions.

---PLEASE PASS THIS ON SO OTHERS CAN EASILY KNOW, TOO---

Thank you, Jeff.

Steve

LWW
05-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Oddly enough ... after 8 years of bleating about deficit spending, our collectivist friends seem totally unconcerned.

I suppose that's because in the past it was icky, evil, ooky Bush debt. Today it's enlightened, messianic, and justifiable Obama debt.

LWW

sack316
05-15-2010, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I suppose that's because in the past it was icky, evil, ooky Bush debt. Today it's enlightened, messianic, and justifiable Obama debt.

LWW </div></div>

Yep, spending now=good. We'll make our lives easier and better now, and let the rest of us around 20, 30, 40, etc. years from now have to worry about the problem. Personally, I'd much prefer to suffer through a great depression now if that means an easier existence for my future children and grandchildren. I'm gonna feel pretty silly years and years down the line, when they ask the question "why is it like this" and I have to give them an honest answer about the beginning decades of the millennium.

Sack

Qtec
05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Why are you worried?
You guys are the one's who keep telling us its the rich who pay all the taxes, so why worry?
The top 25% will pay 86% of this money and the top 50% will pay 97.11% , so relax. LOL

Q...... Ha (http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html)

Qtec
05-15-2010, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each family is unique, of course, but this is the average effect on every family. </div></div>

ie <span style='font-size: 20pt'>this example bears no resemblance to reality whatsoever.</span>.and is totally misleading.

Q

sack316
05-15-2010, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ie <span style='font-size: 20pt'>this example bears no resemblance to reality whatsoever.</span>.and is totally misleading.

Q </div></div>

I dunno, pretty close:

Current US National Debt: 12,962 Billion. Add the zero as described would be 129,620 owed.

Current US Debt per taxpayer: 117,726

Definitely not an exact science, but a close rough estimate.

Now, of course, when you factor in what the actual debt is with unfunded liabilities it is much much much much more. In which case you are correct, the example is very misleading. The truth is much worse than the example given originally in this thread!

Sack

pooltchr
05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are you worried?
You guys are the one's who keep telling us its the rich who pay all the taxes, so why worry?
The top 25% will pay 86% of this money and the top 50% will pay 97.11% , so relax. LOL

Q...... Ha (http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html) </div></div>

It's like drilling for oil. When one well dries up, you need to find another one if you want more oil.

You can only continue to rely on the "rich" taxpayers for so long before you have taken it all from them. Then what do you do? You need to find someone else to tax.

"Tax the rich, feed the poor, 'till there are no rich no more."
Alvin Lee
10 Years After

Steve