PDA

View Full Version : Unglued?.more like unhinged!

Qtec
05-16-2010, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP's Utah and Maine conventions show a party coming unglued

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, May 16, 2010; A13

Future historians tracing the crackup of the Republican Party may well look to May 8, 2010, as an inflection point.

That was the day, as is now well known, that Sen. Robert Bennett, who took the conservative position 84 percent of the time over his career, was deemed not conservative enough by fellow Utah Republicans and booted out of the primary.

Less well known, but equally ominous, is what happened that same day, 2,500 miles east in Maine. There, the state Republican Party chucked its platform -- a sensible New England mix of free-market economics and conservation -- <span style='font-size: 20pt'>and adopted a manifesto of insanity: abolishing the Federal Reserve, calling global warming a "myth," sealing the border, and, as a final plank, fighting "efforts to create a one world government."</span>

One world government? Do our friends Down East fear an invasion from the Canadian maritime provinces? A Viking flotilla coming from Iceland under cover of volcanic ash?

I was pondering this mystery while on the elliptical machine this week and watching Glenn Beck (I find he increases my heart rate), when I heard him inform his viewers that "they" -- President Obama and friends -- "are creating a global governance structure."

"Social and ecological justice and all of this bullcrap," Beck told his viewers, "is man's work for a global government." Beck -- who is second in popularity only to Sarah Palin among the type of Tea Party activists who hijacked the Maine GOP -- tossed out phrases such as "global standards" and "global bank tax" -- all part of a conspiracy by the "global government people." He further provided the news that <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Jesus doesn't want a cap-and-trade system." </span> </div></div>

Scary.

Q link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/14/AR2010051402450.html)

LWW
05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
and adopted a manifesto of insanity: abolishing the Federal Reserve, calling global warming a "myth," sealing the border, and, as a final plank, fighting "efforts to create a one world government."

You don't ever let reality get in your way do you.

1 - Central banking and the creation of fiat money is the true root of the world's financial mess. Without the ability to debase the currency welfare states wouldn't exist and wars would seldom be fought.

2 - Global warming is worse than a myth, it's a lie ... at least as far as any demonstration that humanity is causing it.

3 - A nation with insecure borders is an insecure nation. D'UH!

4 - The left has been trying to gain a global state for years.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-16-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP's Utah and Maine conventions show a party coming unglued

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, May 16, 2010; A13

Future historians tracing the crackup of the Republican Party may well look to May 8, 2010, as an inflection point.

That was the day, as is now well known, that Sen. Robert Bennett, who took the conservative position 84 percent of the time over his career, was deemed not conservative enough by fellow Utah Republicans and booted out of the primary.

Less well known, but equally ominous, is what happened that same day, 2,500 miles east in Maine. There, the state Republican Party chucked its platform -- a sensible New England mix of free-market economics and conservation -- <span style='font-size: 20pt'>and adopted a manifesto of insanity: abolishing the Federal Reserve, calling global warming a "myth," sealing the border, and, as a final plank, fighting "efforts to create a one world government."</span>

One world government? Do our friends Down East fear an invasion from the Canadian maritime provinces? A Viking flotilla coming from Iceland under cover of volcanic ash?

I was pondering this mystery while on the elliptical machine this week and watching Glenn Beck (I find he increases my heart rate), when I heard him inform his viewers that "they" -- President Obama and friends -- "are creating a global governance structure."

"Social and ecological justice and all of this bullcrap," Beck told his viewers, "is man's work for a global government." Beck -- who is second in popularity only to Sarah Palin among the type of Tea Party activists who hijacked the Maine GOP -- tossed out phrases such as "global standards" and "global bank tax" -- all part of a conspiracy by the "global government people." He further provided the news that <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Jesus doesn't want a cap-and-trade system." </span> </div></div>

Scary.

Q link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/14/AR2010051402450.html) </div></div>
Republicans support Beck/Limpballs, while they make fun of conservation, tighter restrictions on corporate corruption, and now, their own right leaning activist Supreme Court, has given a full speed ahead to spending unlimited, undisclosed contributions, so they can wiggle out of even more of their ecological responsibilities.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
"Social and ecological justice and all of this bullcrap," Beck told his viewers, "is man's work for a global government." </span>

LMAO!!!! Kind of hard to pull that one off while we're watching the gulf filling up with oil, and another well, suspected of blowing!

One need only review the Bush/Cheney Policies, the American Enterprise Institute, The pre-Bush/Cheney AEI/Republican plans and please for a "New World Order" in their Project For the New
AMerican Century, etc., which Clinton rejected, to prove that Republicans are doing exactly what they always do, reverse reality, blame the other guys for the failures of their own failed unamerican policies....

For years, for example, BBMFU, (before Bush multi f.ups)the information was out, in the "Project For A New American Century" that these political oil vulcans, ALL REPUBLICANS, wanted to invade Iraq, remove Saddam, occupy, and take over as much of their oil as possible, and have a corner on refinery contracting in Iraq.

Rove's face turned blood red when I said it, they were going to invade Iraq, before 9/11, AND before they ever got into office, then used our National Tragedy, to make money for their corporate oil pigs, with all their no bid contracts, on the blood of our soldiers, who were lying in hospital, saying, "Why are we even in Iraq, I signed up to go after al Qaeda."
No doubt, the corporate CEO's ARE pigs, just watch last weeks testiimony from Transocean, Halliburton, and BP. Just look at Wall Street's CEO's. Just look at the dollar for dollar vst chasm beween percentage of profits going up to CEO's, compared to back in the eighties, when their hero, who was never anything but a puppet of money, started to turn Americans aginst their government, deregulate the pigs, bail out the thieves, and present the plan for the top one percent to rob everyone else.....while he grew the government, annd raised taxes, but only for the Middle Class....

"If we want oil, we have to go where the oil is"
Dick Cheney, while running Halliburton....

"Drill Baby Drill!" As I said at the time, the most prevasive demonstration of mass authoritarian lovers, and propagandized voter ignorance, ever accumulated in one location since Hitler ruled.

As investigations continue, the Bush methods of placing former pre/Bush lobbyistss and employees of the Oil Industry, will be revealed, at which time the righties will all deny that reckless build up, and blame Obama for all of it, saying that he should have taken the time, in the middle of the worst economic disaster since TGDepression, two unfinished Bush wars, a completely corrupted goernment still chock full of Bushies, and addressed the situation, in the midst of tjhhe most unamerican decision ever made in the history of this country by the right-wing Supreme Court, to fully turn the reigns of oversight, and regulatory power, and government policy to the same corporate pigs who have smothered out the Middle Class, and are now smothering out the wildlife in the Gulf as we write....

Repubs F it up, with their corporate friendly policies, and dereegulation, then blame the Dems, for doing what had to be done to clear it up.

Nothing new about that!

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I will never vote for a Republican. Why? Because they ruined my country, that's why!</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I hate Bush
I hate Republicans
I hate big business.
I hate banks.
I hate Wall Street.

Do you ever have anything new to say?

Steve

LWW
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate Bush <span style="color: #3366FF">Yet she supported the Bush wars as long as the party told she supported them. Once the stockpiles of WMD that Clinton/Gore/Kennedy/Kerry/Rockefeller/Pelosi/Frank et al said they would find and they told her it was all Bush's fault she immediately parroted that it was all Bush's fault.</span>
I hate Republicans <span style="color: #3366FF">Well ... she has been told to hate them, so of course she does.</span>
I hate big business. <span style="color: #3366FF">Even though she claims to have made money owning one.</span>
I hate banks. <span style="color: #3366FF">Even though I guarantee she does business with one.</span>
I hate Wall Street. <span style="color: #3366FF">Even though they are big backers of the demokooks ... they have agreed to be made a scapegoat in exchange for state protection and cover while they raid the treasury.</span>

Do you ever have anything new to say? <span style="color: #3366FF">Only when David Plouffe sends it out in the "TWO MINUTES HATE" each weekday.</span>

Steve

</div></div>

LWW