PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Palin Signs Deal

Qtec
05-18-2010, 01:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech</span>

Bristol Palin has signed with a speakers bureau for a tidy sum of between $15,000 and $30,000 per speech, RadarOnline reports.

[UPDATE: Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein confirmed with the AP that Bristol Palin has signed a deal with the bureau and that is indeed her fee range, but said the cost may be adjusted based on her target audience <u>and the preparation required</u> for a particular speaking engagement.]

Palin is indeed listed as "NOW AVAILABLE FOR SPECIAL APPEARANCES" at Single Source Speakers, although the company website does not disclose her speaking fee. A call to SSS founder Ron Miller wasn't immediately returned, but here's Palin's capsule biography:

Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's oldest daughter, took the country by storm practically overnight when she was introduced to Americans during the 2008 presidential campaign. Her teen pregnancy and the birth of her son Tripp, resulted in millions of Americans discussing the issues surrounding teen pregnancy. Bristol has since gone on to become a Teen Ambassador for the Candie's Foundation, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>and speaks about pregnancy prevention, abstinence,</span> faith and life. She recently appeared on the ABC drama "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and is working on her first book. </div></div>

OMG. Gold digging runs in the family!

Have they NO SHAME?

A 17 yr old mother is going to lecture on pregnancy prevention and abstinence?
Her mother runs for office, gets elected and then quits because she wanted to cash in on her new found celebrity status?

I notice the word contraception is never mentioned, her parents probably disproved of it because it kills babies and encourages promiscuity!

Nutjobs the lot of them.

Q....only in America.

sack316
05-18-2010, 04:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

IMO, it depends on the tone of the speeches. If they will be preachy, commanding, condescending--- then I agree, it'll be hypocritical.

But if it's a sharing personal experience to inform others, then I see no harm. A teenage mother would carry more cred with other teenagers than a 'grown up' with a PhD.

Of course, the $$$ is a separate issue. I would hope, on one hand, that she would volunteer her services to help her fellow peers. That would be 'right' imho. But then again, I'll never knock anyone if they can find a way to legally pull 6 figures for a weeks work.

Hmmm, guess I'm torn on this one. Good for her I suppose, but also wish she would do good by others.

Sack

Qtec
05-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Sack, what she has to say is irrelevant. Her total sum of experience is that she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Hardly unique.[ worth 30 grand?]
Is she now preaching <u>safe sex? </u>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>NO</span>.
<u>Don't have sex</u>, that's her message and its the same advice 'Miss Know it All' her brainless wonder mother told her!

It didn't work with her and it doesn't work, that has been proved.

The Palins are like a family on some TV reality show trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. The fact that NOBODY had even heard of Palin before McCain's desperate gamble to put her on the ticket, speaks volumes.
Palin realised her fame was fading and that's why she quit. ie, her own personal welfare came before the good of the country or any loyalty she felt for those who had elected her.

Anyone who gives her a dime is a sap.

Q

LWW
05-18-2010, 05:47 AM
The OP's motivation on this is obviously partisan hatred.

If one of the Palin's invented a cancer cure that only cost $1.00 the far left would be bleating about how they were taking the last dollar of cancer patients to satisfy their greed.

LWW

LWW
05-18-2010, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, what she has to say is irrelevant. Her total sum of experience is that she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Hardly unique.[ worth 30 grand?]

Q </div></div>

I believe that's for the people paying to decide, unless one arrogantly believes they have the right to force their values onto others.

LWW

eg8r
05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Good for her. Who knows better the trials and tribulations of being a teen mother than Bristol. Hopefully she can get her word out and save others from making the same bad decisions she did.

eg8r

eg8r
05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, what she has to say is irrelevant. Her total sum of experience is that she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. </div></div>What YOU have to say is irrelavent. What a teen mom has to say about the pitfalls of bad decisions about teen pregnancy is totally relevant.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, what she has to say is irrelevant. Her total sum of experience is that she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Hardly unique.[ worth 30 grand?]
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>NO</span>.
<u>Don't have sex</u>, that's her message and its the same advice 'Miss Know it All' her brainless wonder mother told her!

It didn't work with her and it doesn't work, that has been proved.

The Palins are like a family on some TV reality show trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. The fact that NOBODY had even heard of Palin before McCain's desperate gamble to put her on the ticket, speaks volumes.
Palin realised her fame was fading and that's why she quit. ie, her own personal welfare came before the good of the country or any loyalty she felt for those who had elected her.

Anyone who gives her a dime is a sap.

Q </div></div>

I'm beginning to wonder about the A-states, Alaska, Arkansas, Alabama, and their general common sense. This pregnancy issue with the teenage girls is a prime example. I dated this lady for a while, her son's GF got pregnant, and her reason for the surprise according to her own words were, "We hadn't gotten pregnant after all this time, and I really didn't think we even could, so we quit worrying about it." Something tells me her house, and many like hers, including these trailer trash Palins, might still have the wheels ;-)

It is so apparent what Palin is doing, and her supporters are blind to it, much like they are when they go to see a wrestling match...they believe that is real too. Really, the A-states need some brain transplants. sid~~~who is from Arkansas originally himself

pooltchr
05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Of course, the $$$ is a separate issue. I would hope, on one hand, that she would volunteer her services to help her fellow peers. That would be 'right' imho. But then again, I'll never knock anyone if they can find a way to legally pull 6 figures for a weeks work.

</div></div>

Sack, I can say I charge 30k for pool lessons, but if nobody is willing to pay it, guess what. If she gets that kind of money for speaking, it just means that someone is willing to pay it. Market value. It's pretty basic. If she isn't worth it, she isn't going to get it.

Steve

LWW
05-18-2010, 11:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something tells me her house, and many like hers, including these trailer trash Palins, might still have the wheels ;-)</div></div>

Seriously ... what drives the left's hate?

Do you folks ever read what you post?

LWW

LWW
05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Market value. It's pretty basic.

Steve </div></div>

Did you ever notice you can watch the left's collectivist eyes glaze over when such exotic and foreign concepts a "MARKET VALUES" are discussed?

They seem to be totally flummoxed by the idea of the party not telling them what to do, what to think, what to pay, and what to charge.

LWW

pooltchr
05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm beginning to wonder about the A-states, Alaska, Arkansas, Alabama, and their general common sense.
</div></div>

You may be on to something.

Steve

Oh, refresh my memory....where was Clinton governor??????????

Gayle in MD
05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech</span>

Bristol Palin has signed with a speakers bureau for a tidy sum of between $15,000 and $30,000 per speech, RadarOnline reports.

[UPDATE: Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein confirmed with the AP that Bristol Palin has signed a deal with the bureau and that is indeed her fee range, but said the cost may be adjusted based on her target audience <u>and the preparation required</u> for a particular speaking engagement.]

Palin is indeed listed as "NOW AVAILABLE FOR SPECIAL APPEARANCES" at Single Source Speakers, although the company website does not disclose her speaking fee. A call to SSS founder Ron Miller wasn't immediately returned, but here's Palin's capsule biography:

Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's oldest daughter, took the country by storm practically overnight when she was introduced to Americans during the 2008 presidential campaign. Her teen pregnancy and the birth of her son Tripp, resulted in millions of Americans discussing the issues surrounding teen pregnancy. Bristol has since gone on to become a Teen Ambassador for the Candie's Foundation, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>and speaks about pregnancy prevention, abstinence,</span> faith and life. She recently appeared on the ABC drama "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and is working on her first book. </div></div>

OMG. Gold digging runs in the family!

Have they NO SHAME?

Her mother runs for office, gets elected and then quits because she wanted to cash in on her new found celebrity status?

I notice the word contraception is never mentioned, her parents probably disproved of it because it kills babies and encourages promiscuity!

Nutjobs the lot of them.

Q....only in America. </div></div>

The family should change their names from The Palins, to The diggers.

LMAO, those who are nutty enough to pay for her to give her speel on how teens should practice abstinence, are the same ones nutty enough to believe that teaching it works better than teaching birth control, and about STD's,....

The fact is, Mother Palin got married in a hurry because she was pregnant, out of wedlock.

Bristol commented that trying to sell abstinence to teens, was unrealistic, which I admired her for saying, but that was before she decided to cash in on mommy dearest's cash cow.

The Diggers are doing quite well, only because, like P.T.Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute...."and there are plenty of them around in the fly over states. Just reading the Tea Party signs, proves that much.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
A real joke, IMO. Quitter the Digger, annd all the little Diggers....

pooltchr
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[...."and there are plenty of them around in the fly over states.
</div></div>

When was the last time you flew over Alaska?

Snob! What is it that makes you think you are so much better than others, based only on which part of the country you live in? Do you not believe that all Americans are equal? Or are people from Maryland somehow better than the rest of the people in the country?

Steve

eg8r
05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO, those who are nutty enough to pay for her to give her speel on how teens should practice abstinence, are the same ones nutty enough to believe that teaching it works better than teaching birth control, and about STD's,....</div></div>Why don't you think she would be a good person to talk about the pitfalls of unprotected sex? She has been there and now sees what those bad decisions led to, who better to warn other kids of these mistakes?

eg8r

sack316
05-18-2010, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you think she would be a good person to talk about the pitfalls of unprotected sex? She has been there and now sees what those bad decisions led to, who better to warn other kids of these mistakes?

eg8r </div></div>

I think she meant the ineffectiveness of preaching abstinence only. At least that's what I took from her comment. Which, statistically, yeah is true.

But at the same time, I don't feel that warrants precluding the mention of abstinence as an option. I don't see why this subject always winds up as an either/or type of thing. I believe we should push for abstinence in our youth, while also educating them about safe sex.

I know it's cliche to say, but while as a whole the preaching abstinence has never proven to be effective, it's one of those things where if only one person hears the message and follows through with it... and in turn doesn't make a huge mistake in their life as a result... then it's worth it. JMHO.

Sack

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO, those who are nutty enough to pay for her to give her speel on how teens should practice abstinence, are the same ones nutty enough to believe that teaching it works better than teaching birth control, and about STD's,....</div></div>Why don't you think she would be a good person to talk about the pitfalls of unprotected sex? She has been there and now sees what those bad decisions led to, who better to warn other kids of these mistakes?

eg8r </div></div>

Come on, Ed. You know this isn't about the subject of her speaking jobs. It's only because of her last name that Gayle even posted it. She has made it clear that she hates the family, and will take every opportunity to paint any of them in a negative light.
The Palins of the world just aren't up to the standards of the Gayles of the world.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, what she has to say is irrelevant. Her total sum of experience is that she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. </div></div>What YOU have to say is irrelavent. What a teen mom has to say about the pitfalls of bad decisions about teen pregnancy is totally relevant.

eg8r </div></div>

Worth every penny of that $30,000 I say.
That's cheep, er, cheap.

Gayle in MD
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO, those who are nutty enough to pay for her to give her speel on how teens should practice abstinence, are the same ones nutty enough to believe that teaching it works better than teaching birth control, and about STD's,....</div></div>Why don't you think she would be a good person to talk about the pitfalls of unprotected sex? She has been there and now sees what those bad decisions led to, who better to warn other kids of these mistakes?

eg8r </div></div>

Ed, it's my understanding that she's changed her opinion about the subject of unprotected sex among teens, and is now going to approach it from the absinence angle, to insure the money will be flowing from the bible belt.

If she's going to go out there now, after having already made the statement that teaching abstinence only to teens is unrealistic, and go with the religious RW BS about abstinence only, so that she can get Thirty Thousand dollar contracts in the bible belt, and the fly over states, then I think she's selling out for cash, the same way her Mother did.

IMO, the only thing that motivates those people is money. That's just my opinion.

She told the truth about the subject once, now she's going to back off of her original stance, for cash. What high school in the bible belt is going to pay anyone to give it to the kids, straight, unless all of the medical and psychological information has been deleted in advance?

It's ridiculous to think that just because she got pregnant out of wedlock, she's the appropriate person to address the subject, when she has no training, psychological, medical or otherwise, that gives her any credible experience to do so.

I could admire her attempt if it was geniune, annd she was doing it strictly as a public service, surely mommy has enough racked up to pay for plenty of travel expenses to allow her to do so, and not just another Digger Family stab at capitalizing on their having been thrust into the national limelight, by a desperate presidential candidate, when none of them are actually experts on anything at all.

Teens need to learn about sex, all about sex, including birth control, reproduction, sexually transmitted diseases, etc., not some cutsey, unrealistic, to use her own words, religious, politically correct BS about abstinence, which has already proven to be a failure.

I'd have no problem with her goiing around and talking to teens about the realities of being a teen mother, but paying that girl that kind of money, when a professional expert on the subject, would be far more effective, professionally trained, and fit for the position, is absurd, IMO.

She's out for the big bucks, just like mommy. She surely isn't trained professionally to even approach the subject, and believe me, neither she nor her mother are experts on it, obviously, with so far three unplanned pregnancies under their belts between them, and that's only the number we can prove.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you think she would be a good person to talk about the pitfalls of unprotected sex? She has been there and now sees what those bad decisions led to, who better to warn other kids of these mistakes?

eg8r </div></div>

I think she meant the ineffectiveness of preaching abstinence only. At least that's what I took from her comment. Which, statistically, yeah is true.

But at the same time, I don't feel that warrants precluding the mention of abstinence as an option. I don't see why this subject always winds up as an either/or type of thing. I believe we should push for abstinence in our youth, while also educating them about safe sex.

I know it's cliche to say, but while as a whole the preaching abstinence has never proven to be effective, it's one of those things where if only one person hears the message and follows through with it... and in turn doesn't make a huge mistake in their life as a result... then it's worth it. JMHO.

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think she meant the ineffectiveness of preaching abstinence only. At least that's what I took from her comment. Which, statistically, yeah is true.
</div></div>

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We have many very well educated experts on the subject. While they have been silenced by organized religion, much of it against even birth control, she's going too be paid that kind of money with no formal training to suggest that she is fit to approach the subject, just because she's been in the national limelight, by propinquity, and proved herself to be irresponsile?

This is absurd.

Unbelievable!

eg8r
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Abstinence is the best message don't you agree? Sure it is the hardest one to convey to a bunch of horny teenagers but why are you so against it?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-19-2010, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence is the best message don't you agree? Sure it is the hardest one to convey to a bunch of horny teenagers but why are you so against it?

eg8r </div></div>

No, Ed, I don't agree. Because it doesn't work. And the statistics prove that it doesn't work.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/1/31/831067/-Its-the-Stupid-Sex,-Stupid

Click on all the links in the article before you judge it just because of who wrote it. There is plenty of evidence that teaching abstinence only, caused teen preg. rates to go up, and is believed to be at the core of the great rise in teen pregnancy since the Bush Administration defunded and wiped out sex education lectures and classes.

Also, I'm really sick of the hypocracy of that entire family. Palin herself was caught hacking into another person's computer in Alaska, for example. Is she going to go to prison for it? I don't think so. It was all in the papers up there.

Kids need parents who level with them, and they need to feel that they can go to their parents, without being shamed, or feeling ashamed, regardless of which life issues they're dealing with.

Realistically, we were not cut out to wait until twenty-five or thirty to have sex. Those hormones kick in, and our complicated modern life, seems to demand that they vanish. They don't. Meantime, we live in a society which is throwing sex at kids left and right.

It is the open communication that counts, and when religious views and taboo, take the lead, and trump your ability to remain realistic and honest with your kids, you lose them.

The result is that parents, and their views, become irrelevant to their own kids, becauses neither is being honest with one another, hence, cannot relate honestly. It becomes a fake relationship. To me, that is sad.

I always told my daughter she could come to me about anything. I drove the point across, that she wouldn't be judged, but embraced, and we would look at whatever the situation or decision was together, realistically, but the final decision would be her own, and I would support and respect her decision, after she heard everything I had to say about it. This, of course, was after she became an adolescent.

She always came to us, always. Far too many parents make the mistake of lying about who they really are, to their own children, thinking that their kids will then strive to live up to the fake perfection they portry Big Mistake!

Teaching Abstinence only, doesn't work, not only does it not work, but it puts teens at a greater risk, because chances are when they do take the plunge, it won't be after having frank discussions with their parents, it will be in the heat of a make out session, and end up being at a moment of spontaneous passion. Parents should be honest, few are.

G.

hondo
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence is the best message don't you agree? Sure it is the hardest one to convey to a bunch of horny teenagers but why are you so against it?

eg8r </div></div>

Well, it doesn't work in the hills of West Virginny.
I don't know about other places.

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Abstinence works everywhere. There is absolutely no bettwe way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Perhaps they don't practice it in West Verginie...but I can promise you it works wherever it is put into practice.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence works everywhere. There is absolutely no bettwe way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Perhaps they don't practice it in West Verginie...but I can promise you it works wherever it is put into practice.

Steve </div></div>

Wow! So only the kids in WV screw like minks, huh?
I really am pleased to hear that.

BTW, how am I not an honorable man, Steve?

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
I don't know about other places. </div></div>

Hondo...try to maintain just a little bit of dignity here. YOU were the one who said abstinence didn't work in WV...I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
I don't know about other places. </div></div>

Hondo...try to maintain just a little bit of dignity here. YOU were the one who said abstinence didn't work in WV...I just pointed out where you were wrong.

Steve </div></div>

Honesty sucks in your narrow-mided little world, doesn't it, Steve?

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
No, honesty RULES in my world.

You should try it sometime.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Poor ole pooltechr.
His hero keeps giving me heck about not leaving for good so I decide to inject some self-deprecating humor into it to defuse the BS.
The only problem is that you're too dumb to see what I'm doing
and start with all the no honor, dis-honest crap.

I'll let you in on a little tip, Steve. Your hero is a little smarter than you. He knows I'm just goofing on him but it fits his agenda to pretend he doesn't.

You, on the other hand, are clueless.
You may not have to have any common sense to teach pool, but, Lord, I would think it would help. GEEZE LOUISE!!!

Gayle in MD
05-20-2010, 08:44 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Abstinence only education has been proven to be a huge failure!

It's a fact.

Facts annoy narrow minded people who think they know it all...

Did you see the new viral clip of the great Republican Rep whose big contribution was preacing abstinence, only he was being interviewed by his aid, who he was having an affair with, LMAO!

Gee, he's going to resign, boo hoo, hope he takes Ensign, Vitter, Sanford, and all the rest of the "Family Values" guys with him.

G.

pooltchr
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor ole pooltechr.
His hero keeps giving me heck about not leaving for good so I decide to inject some self-deprecating humor into it to defuse the BS.

I'll let you in on a little tip, Steve. Your hero is a little smarter than you. He knows I'm just goofing on him but it fits his agenda to pretend he doesn't.

You may not have to have any common sense to teach pool, but, Lord, I would think it would help. GEEZE LOUISE!!! </div></div>

Keep it up. You continue to verify my previously posted opinion. Why do you lefties always seem to resort to personal attacks?

Steve

eg8r
05-20-2010, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence only education has been proven to be a huge failure!</div></div>Thanks for getting back on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I agree it would be a huge failure but that does not mean it is the wrong message. I think it is a huge failure due to parents not taking responsibility for raising their own children. Parents these days don't want to tell their children NO for anything. They want to be their kids' friend.

You talk about Family Values as if they are a bad thing or maybe they have a bad stigma because some people have made mistakes along the way. Either way, they are better than your daughter sleeping around with some guy because you told her it was fine if he used a rubber. She gets pregnant, because your perfect alternative to abstinence still failed, and decides to abort the baby. Those are NOT the type of family values I look to instill in my children.

Abstinence IS the only form of safe sex that is truly SAFE. All your other bandaid "forms" come with caution of being unsuccessful.

What is so wrong with parents teaching their kids to not have sex??????? You say it fails always, guess what....If your kid gets pregnant then you as a parent have FAILED. The message of abstinence did not.

eg8r

sack316
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think it is a huge failure due to parents not taking responsibility for raising their own children. Parents these days don't want to tell their children NO for anything. They want to be their kids' friend.
</div></div>

I've noticed this a lot too. Seems over recent years, the generation has become more of an "entitlement" generation. I noticed, IMHO, it starting in my age group growing up (I'm now 30). Now it seems the kids all feel they are owed something for nothing. Heaven forbid they don't have their cell phones, texting, twitter, facebook, or whatever... I've literally seen fits thrown and threats given over that stuff!

Anyway, I digress on that, and get back to saying it all starts in the home. I have friends my age with early teen children. Attend the same schools and all that good stuff. Some of them are perfect little ladies or gentlemen, and some are spoiled brats that run the household themselves. My observation among these friends of mine is that the only noticeable difference is parenting over the years. Some of these parents aren't afraid at all to be parents and be the 'bad guy' sometimes for the greater good. Some are all buddy-buddy, wanting to be teens right alongside their children. Take a wild guess out of those two pools who has the gentlemen/ladies and who has the spoiled brats?

Two shining examples that stick out in my head... one friend of mine has a daughter that is graduating high school and going off to UAB to study medicine with many scholarships to help. Another has a daughter of the same age who quit school, goes out and gets drunk and does drugs and has been arrested at least once that I know of.

Also amazingly, now that the young ladies are older... the good one with the harder, stricter Mom considers her Mom her best friend. Confides in her, respects her, and credits her nearly every day for being a great Mom. The 'bad' one with the wanna be a teenage buddy Mom is full of love when she needs something or wants to party, but otherwise is a total b**** to her Mom most of the time. Funny how that worked out.

Sack

hondo
05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor ole pooltechr.

You may not have to have any common sense to teach pool, but, Lord, I would think it would help. GEEZE LOUISE!!! </div></div>

Keep it up. You continue to verify my previously posted opinion. Why do you lefties always seem to resort to personal attacks?

Steve </div></div>
So you're a Lefty? You have said I have no honor and I'm dis-honest.
What is your definition of a personal attack?
Sweet Jesus, you're a moron!!!!

hondo
05-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Ed, you're right and you're wrong.
Nothing is wrong with trying to teach abstinence.

It just doesn't work. But, it doesn't hurt to try.

Hopefully, at some point, however, reality will set in
and we will concentrate on preventing unwanted pregnancies.

What are my qualifications for my opinions?
5 kids and 30 years of teaching high school.

LWW
05-20-2010, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[You, on the other hand, are clueless.
You may not have to have any common sense to teach pool, but, Lord, I would think it would help. GEEZE LOUISE!!! ...

So you're a Lefty? You have said I have no honor and I'm dis-honest.
Sweet Jesus, you're a moron!!!! </div></div>

What's yours?

For someone who has skin thinner than tissue you sure like starting trouble.

LWW

LWW
05-20-2010, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30 years of teaching high school. </div></div>

Yet you bleat incessantly when expects you to act like it.

LWW

pooltchr
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Does anyone beside me find the two back-to-back sentences posted by the "honorable" hondo to be ironic??

Steve

LWW
05-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I find it typical.

I tried to warn you of what he's all about.

LWW

hondo
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Does anyone beside me find the two back-to-back sentences posted by the "honorable" hondo to be ironic??

Steve </div></div>

Does anyone... oh, forget it.
Obviously you and the klan can call anybody dishonorable
and dis-honest and then cry like a little baby about personal attacks when fired back at .
I've had it with you. dud, Jr.

pooltchr
05-20-2010, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had it with you. dud, Jr. </div></div>

OK, according to you,I'm kind of a moron, so since I don't see any smiley face, I should probably ask....is that a promise or a joke?

Steve

pooltchr
05-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Am I to understand that you failed to see any irony in your own post? I know I can't always believe what you write, because you might mean it or maybe not, so I feel like I have to ask, so there will be no misunderstandings.

Personally, I thought it was funny that you could follow the first sentence with the next one. But maybe that's just me. Did you mean to say something else, but just used those words because they just flew down your arms to your fingertips?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-21-2010, 07:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence only education has been proven to be a huge failure!</div></div>Thanks for getting back on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I agree it would be a huge failure but that does not mean it is the wrong message.

<span style="color: #990000">If it proves itself to be unsuccessful, it's the wrong message. </span>

I think it is a huge failure due to parents not taking responsibility for raising their own children. Parents these days don't want to tell their children NO for anything. They want to be their kids' friend.

<span style="color: #990000">This has nothing at all to do with sex education, which is the subject. </span>

You talk about Family Values as if they are a bad thing

<span style="color: #990000">No, I talk about hypocrits who pretend to have "Family Values" and then go out and break their marriage vows. I talk about Republicans, who pesent themselves as Abstinence only advocates, and tape interviews with the very aide they are involved sexually with. I talk about hypocritic Republicans who expouse "Family Values" as their hallmark, and exhibit none of them in their own behavior. </span>

or maybe they have a bad stigma because some people have made mistakes along the way. Either way, they are better than your daughter sleeping around with some guy because you told her it was fine if he used a rubber.

<span style="color: #990000">I never told her that, and she never slept around, either. </span>

She gets pregnant, because your perfect alternative to abstinence still failed, and decides to abort the baby. Those are NOT the type of family values I look to instill in my children.

<span style="color: #990000">I think you are mixing up the Republican mantra for no sex education, abstinence only, with family values. Two different subjects entirelly. </span>

Abstinence IS the only form of safe sex that is truly SAFE.

<span style="color: #990000">So waht? If it doesn't work, it's a faillure, and the fact is, it doesn't work. Should be a very simple fact to follow. </span>

All your other bandaid "forms" come with caution of being unsuccessful.

<span style="color: #CC0000">LOL. They aren't MY baidaide forms, Ed. and Your form is THE most unsuccessful of all, but if you prefer to teach ONLY abstinence to your children, and to avoiod building an honest, realistic relationshipe with them, where they feel comfortable enough to level with you about sex, that's your perrogative. I hope it works out for you.</span>

What is so wrong with parents teaching their kids to not have sex??????? You say it fails always, guess what....If your kid gets pregnant then you as a parent have FAILED. The message of abstinence did not.

<span style="color: #990000">If you as a parent did not teach your children about SEx, Birth Control, their hormones, their desires, and how their futures are impacted by unwanted pregnancies, then having taught them ONLY abstinence, both the method, and the persoon, failed.

Abstinence only leads to unwanted pregnancies, period. Only an irresponsible parent would fail to research the information, teach their children all about Sex, and birth control, and STD's, the entire subject, should be discussed. Your attempt to twist my statements, does not make them different from what I wrote, which you followed up with numerous assumptions, all of them wrong.

G.</span>

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Were you a virgin when you married Ed? </span>

LWW
05-21-2010, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #990000">Were you a virgin when you married Ed? </span> </div></div>

Why are you sticking your nose in someone else's bedroom?

LWW

eg8r
05-22-2010, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it proves itself to be unsuccessful, it's the wrong message. </div></div>What? That makes no sense at all. It might have been ineffective but it is still the best option and best message of all those out there. I understand though, you prefer to teach your kids how to have sex and then let them know that if your bandaid form of "safe sex" doesn't work then abortion is always an option.

eg8r

eg8r
05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Abstinence does prevent unwanted pregnancies. Matter of fact, it is the only 100% fail-safe method. Teaching your children what is right in the beginning is the best way. Waiting until they are frolicking around while you are out and about is already too late.

eg8r

hondo
05-22-2010, 11:20 AM
IMHO, you're on Fantasy Island, my friend.

As I said earlier, it doesn't hurt to try, Ed, but you better have a back-up plan.

Sid_Vicious
05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMHO, you're on Fantasy Island, my friend.

As I said earlier, it doesn't hurt to try, Ed, but you better have a back-up plan. </div></div>

All during the years I grew up, the preacher's kids were prone to get pregnant, or get someone pregnant, even more than the general public's parents kids. That should tell you something about abstinence ever working. They should logically have the best control of their kids upbringing and decision making processes. Unless ministers are inept parents by nature, I think the failure rates I have seen exhibits that Just Say No will not work for the secular world either. It is ignorant to think so. sid

pooltchr
05-22-2010, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That should tell you something about abstinence ever working. </div></div>

Abstinence ALWAYS works to prevent unwanted pregnancy. With the possible exception of one biblical reference, can you cite any instance where someone got pregnant while practicing abstinence?

Steve

Stretch
05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMHO, you're on Fantasy Island, my friend.

As I said earlier, it doesn't hurt to try, Ed, but you better have a back-up plan. </div></div>

All during the years I grew up, the preacher's kids were prone to get pregnant, or get someone pregnant, even more than the general public's parents kids. That should tell you something about abstinence ever working. They should logically have the best control of their kids upbringing and decision making processes. Unless ministers are inept parents by nature, I think the failure rates I have seen exhibits that Just Say No will not work for the secular world either. It is ignorant to think so. sid </div></div>

Abstinence makes the heart go wander. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

Qtec
05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Abstinence only education has been proven to be a huge failure!</div></div>Thanks for getting back on subject. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I agree <span style='font-size: 14pt'>it would be </span>a huge failure</div></div>

Not WOULD be, IS. Its a total failure, teens will have sex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but that does not mean it is the wrong message.</div></div>

Its stupid. It denies reality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think it is a huge failure due to parents not taking responsibility for raising their own children. Parents these days don't want to tell their children NO for anything. They want to be their kids' friend.

You talk about Family Values as if they are a bad thing or maybe they have a bad stigma because some people have made mistakes along the way. Either way, they are better than your daughter sleeping around with some guy because you told her it was fine if he used a rubber. She gets pregnant, because your perfect alternative to abstinence still failed, and decides to abort the baby. Those are NOT the type of family values I look to instill in my children.

Abstinence IS the only form of safe sex that is truly SAFE. All your other bandaid "forms" come with caution of being unsuccessful.</div></div>

How come Plain's daughter got pregnant then? She practices Abstinence!
Geez, in Bizarro world, she is now the Queen of Abstinence when in reality she is the classic example of how Abstinence only sex ed doesn't work.........and she has the baby to prove it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is so wrong with parents teaching their kids to not have sex??????? You say it fails always, guess what....<u>If your kid gets pregnant then you as a parent have FAILED. The message of abstinence did not.</u>

eg8r </div></div>

Total crap. You have no comprehension of what logic means, do you?
Abstinence is pie in the sky religiously driven drivel. Its based on an ideal, not in reality.

Are you calling S Palin a bad mother? Has she failed as a parent?

Geez, if she can't stop her OWN 16/17 yr old daughter from getting pregnant, is she fit for public office?

Q

Qtec
05-23-2010, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Virgin birth of Jesus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to:navigation, search
The Annunciation, by Guido Reni

The virgin birth of Jesus is a tenet of Christianity and Islam which holds that Mary<span style='font-size: 20pt'> miraculously conceived Jesus while remaining a virgin </span></div></div>

I told you, Abstinence doesn't work. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

LWW
05-23-2010, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no comprehension of what logic means, do you?

Q
</div></div>

That was just precious.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-23-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it proves itself to be unsuccessful, it's the wrong message. </div></div>What? That makes no sense at all. It might have been ineffective but it is still the best option and best message of all those out there. I understand though, you prefer to teach your kids how to have sex and then let them know that if your bandaid form of "safe sex" doesn't work then abortion is always an option.

eg8r
</div></div>

Twisting my words doesn't change them, Ed. Using the usual distraction of Republicans, turning every subject into a discussion about abortion, has nothiing to do with sex education.

Tell me, since you didn't answer my question, which is fine, it was a very personal question,, so do you believe that all males, should also be virgins when they marry?

G.

pooltchr
05-23-2010, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> do you believe that all males, should also be virgins when they marry?

G. </div></div>

Whether or not anyone, male or female, is a virgin when they marry isn't the question. That is a choice that should be up to the individual. However, with that choice comes the responsibility to deal with the consequences of that choice.

It is a very simple fact...if you don't want a baby, don't have sex.

Is that concept too difficult to comprehend?

Steve

hondo
05-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Or use some condom sense.

pooltchr
05-23-2010, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or use some condom sense. </div></div>

Good option...but not 100%. There is only one method that can absolutely prevent someone from getting pregnant.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Touche !!

wolfdancer
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet Jesus, you're a moron!!!! </div></div>
In a story that I've mentioned here a few times....Robert Rouark and Truman Capote were sometimes drinking companions. Rouark told Capote that he could write a whole page while Truman was writing just one word....and Capote replied...." but, it would be the right word"
I believe that you have duplicated Capote's output, terse,brusque, concise....just one word, but it's the right word...."moron" !!!!

eg8r
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its stupid. It denies reality.</div></div>LOL, and you are stupid. Reality is the simple fact that abstinence is the only proven option to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It works 100% of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How come Plain's daughter got pregnant then? She practices Abstinence!
</div></div>Did she get pregnant again? I only know of the one time and since then she has been practicing abstinence. From what we can tell, no more babies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Total crap. You have no comprehension of what logic means, do you?</div></div>LOL, sorry qtip but I am dead on. Did you teach your children to have kids or not? If you preached the bandaid ideas of "safe sex" and your kid got pregnant then you were a failure. Suck it up failure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you calling S Palin a bad mother? Has she failed as a parent? </div></div>Bad parent, nope. Did she fail as a parent, definitely concerning the issue on "safe sex". Sorry but you are the only foolish one to not see that "safe sex" doesn't work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geez, if she can't stop her OWN 16/17 yr old daughter from getting pregnant, is she fit for public office?</div></div>Sure she is fit. Having sex is not against the law. Since you asked, she was more qualified than the loser we have in there now.

eg8r

Qtec
05-25-2010, 04:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, and you are stupid. Reality is the simple fact that abstinence is the only proven option to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It works 100% of the time. </div></div>

Air travel is 100% safe................if you never fly that is.

Actually, I think you might be on to something Ed.
I have an idea to end crime. Lets tell kids <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"don't break the Law!".</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Isn't that brilliant?</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Its the only thing that <u>100% works.</u></span> If they don't break the Law, they they won't become criminals.
Geez, we can do away with the penal system, shut down all those expensive prisons, the courts etc..... because.........if Americans would just be good parents, crime will no more exist.

You are a G--Damn genius Ed.

Q...Bizzaro World

Gayle in MD
05-25-2010, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMHO, you're on Fantasy Island, my friend.

All during the years I grew up, the preacher's kids were prone to get pregnant, or get someone pregnant, even more than the general public's parents kids. That should tell you something about abstinence ever working. They should logically have the best control of their kids upbringing and decision making processes. Unless ministers are inept parents by nature, I think the failure rates I have seen exhibits that Just Say No will not work for the secular world either. It is ignorant to think so. sid </div></div>
Yes, there's that word again, ignorant, and it comes to mind often when reading theories and opinions that are based on the religious teachings, which have nothing at all to do with the realities of raising kids in these times.

Teaching them ONLY about abstinence, is naive, unrealistic, and irresponsible, IMO.

We are talking not only about teens, we're also talking about grown up adults who are going away to college, and those who were sent to college by parents who only taught them about abstaining from sex, as their only sex education, are at risk, far greater risk of unwanted pregnancy, and disease, than those who had parents who spoke realisitically with them about sex, and everything else, for that matter, send them on after years of leveling with their kids on all subjects.

The best way to raise kids is to arm them with the truth, not just your own comfortable, favorite, fantasy version, nor just some church's fantasy, religious version, but with the truth about the realities of human behavior.

Doing less than that is irresponsible, IMO, and ONLY teaching abstinence, without a thorough education on sexuality, in today's world, is equal to setting them up for disaster, IMO.

Naive, ignorant, and unrealistic.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-25-2010, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, and you are stupid. Reality is the simple fact that abstinence is the only proven option to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It works 100% of the time.
</div></div>

You are mixing two entirely different discussions. The discussion is about how to teach our children about sex, not just pregnancy, not just about how to avoid pregnancy, but about SEX.

You are speaking about abstinence, in a literal sense, and while it is correct that abstaining from sex completely, is the prefect insurance that no unwanted pregnancy will occur, it is also true that kids from religious backgrounds, kids who have parents who are uncomfortable talking and teaching their kids all about sex, and parents who teach ONLY abstinence, or abstinence ONLY education, to their kids, without a complete sex education, set their kids up to be more at risk, for both unwanted pregnancies, and for STD's, in the long run.

That isn't out there for discussion. That is a fact. So the question is, do you want to be effective in your parenting, or do you choose to be naive, ignorant, and unrealistic, in your parenting methods?

IMO, it is totally absurd to simply tell kids that the only sure way to avoid pregnancy, is through abstinence. First of all, to a large degree, that's a lie.

There is such a thing as birth control, and there are many options, which combined, can and do provide birth control, AND protectioin from STD's. To teach them less than that is completely irresponsible, unrealistic AND grossly ignorant, IMO.

G.

pooltchr
05-25-2010, 07:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is such a thing as birth control, and there are many options, which combined, can and do provide birth control, AND protectioin from STD's. To teach them less than that is completely irresponsible, unrealistic AND grossly ignorant, IMO.

G. </div></div>

So you would have us teach our kids
a) If you don't have sex, you can't get pregnant.
b) if you use a condom, you might get pregnant, or get an STD.
c) if you use the pill, you might get pregnant, or get an STD.
d) if you do get pregnant, you can easily kill the baby and get rid of the problem.
e) oral sex isn't really sex according to a former president, so that's ok.

Do I have that about right?

Steve

LWW
05-25-2010, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

So you would have us teach our kids
a) If you don't have sex, you can't get pregnant.
b) if you use a condom, you might get pregnant, or get an STD.
c) if you use the pill, you might get pregnant, or get an STD.
d) if you do get pregnant, you can easily kill the baby and get rid of the problem.
e) oral sex isn't really sex according to a former president, so that's ok.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>f) if you do get pregnant it's George Bush's fault.</span>
Do I have that about right?

Steve </div></div>

You missed one, so I covered you.

LWW