PDA

View Full Version : Another demokook liar exposed.

LWW
05-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Where do they find these losers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At a ceremony honoring veterans and senior citizens who sent presents to soldiers overseas, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut rose and spoke of an earlier time in his life.

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records.</span> ...

In 1970, with his last deferment in jeopardy, he landed a coveted spot in the Marine Reserve, which virtually guaranteed that he would not be sent to Vietnam. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>He joined a unit in Washington that conducted drills and other exercises and focused on local projects, like fixing a campground and organizing a Toys for Tots drive.</span> ...

But what is striking about Mr. Blumenthal’s record is the contrast between the many steps he took that allowed him to avoid Vietnam, and the misleading way he often speaks about that period of his life now, especially when he is speaking at veterans’ ceremonies or other patriotic events. ...

But an examination of his remarks at the ceremonies shows that he does not volunteer that his service never took him overseas. And he describes the hostile reaction directed at veterans coming back from Vietnam, intimating that he was among them.

In 2003, he addressed a rally in Bridgeport, where about 100 military families gathered to express support for American troops overseas. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“When we returned, we saw nothing like this,”</span> Mr. Blumenthal said. “Let us do better by this generation of men and women.”...

“I served during the Vietnam era,” he said. “I remember the taunts, the insults, sometimes even physical abuse.” ...

The New Haven Register on July 20, 2006, described him as “a veteran of the Vietnam War,” and on April 6, 2007, said that the attorney general had “served in the Marines in Vietnam.” On May 26, 2009, The Connecticut Post, a Bridgeport newspaper that is the state’s third-largest daily, described Mr. Blumenthal as “a Vietnam veteran.” The Shelton Weekly reported on May 23, 2008, that Mr. Blumenthal “was met with applause when he spoke about his experience as a Marine sergeant in Vietnam.”

And the idea that he served in Vietnam has become such an accepted part of his public biography that when a national outlet, Slate magazine, produced a profile of Mr. Blumenthal in 2000, it said he had “enlisted in the Marines rather than duck the Vietnam draft.”

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It does not appear that Mr. Blumenthal ever sought to correct those mistakes.</span> ...

Asked about the Bridgeport rally, when he told the crowd, “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,” Mr. Blumenthal said he did not recall the event. ...

On a less serious matter, another flattering but untrue description of Mr. Blumenthal’s history has appeared in profiles about him. In two largely favorable profiles, the Slate article and a magazine article in The Hartford Courant in 2004 with which he cooperated, Mr. Blumenthal is described prominently as having served as captain of the swim team at Harvard. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Records at the college show that he was never on the team.</span>

“It was a sad moment,” she recalled. “He said, ‘When we came back, we were spat on; we couldn’t wear our uniforms.’ It looked like he was sad to me when he said it.” ...

After obtaining Mr. Blumenthal’s Selective Service records through a Freedom of Information Act request, The New York Times asked David Curry, a professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis and an expert on the Vietnam draft, to examine them.

Mr. Curry said the records showed that Mr. Blumenthal had received at least five deferments. Mr. Blumenthal did not dispute that but said he did not know how many deferments he had received. ...

That summer, Mr. Blumenthal’s draft classification changed from 2-S, an educational deferment, to 2-A, an occupational deferment — a rare exemption from military service for men who contended that it was in the “national health, safety and interest” for them to remain in their civilian jobs. At the time, he was working as a special assistant to Ms. Graham, whose son Donald he had befriended at Harvard. Half a year later, after the election of President Richard M. Nixon, Mr. Blumenthal went to work in the White House as a senior staff assistant to Mr. Moynihan, who was Nixon’s urban affairs adviser. ...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>In April 1970, Mr. Blumenthal secured a spot in the Marine Corps Reserve, which was regarded as a safe harbor for those who did not want to go to war.</span>

“The Reserves were not being activated for Vietnam and were seen as a shelter for young privileged men,” Mr. Curry said. ...

In the 1970s, the unit’s members were dispatched to undertake projects like refurbishing tent decks and showers at a campground for underprivileged Washington children, as well as collecting and distributing toys and games as part of regular Toys for Tots drives.

Robert Cole, a retired lieutenant colonel who did active duty overseas in the 1950s and later joined the unit as a reservist, recalled the young men who joined the unit in the late 1960s and early 1970s. “These kids we were getting in — a lot of them were worried about the draft,” he said. ...</div></div>

Is it true that you can't run on the demokook ticket for a major office unless you are a criminal? (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html?pagewanted=3)

LWW

pooltchr
05-18-2010, 10:55 AM
lying is just a natural thing for the left....just look at the sampling of them we have right here!!

Steve

LWW
05-18-2010, 11:17 AM
True datt.

LWW

sack316
05-19-2010, 04:47 AM
He now admits he "misspoke". LOL. Much like the fella in the out of town bar talking up the chicks about how he works for the CIA misspeaks.

Sack

LWW
05-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeppers.

When he said “We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam” he meant to say "I have learned something important since the days I served on the 'Toys for Tots' patrol, that the dembots will believe whatever the party puts on the spoon for them"

LWW

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lying is just a natural thing for the Right...just look at the sampling of them we have right here!!

Steve </div></div>

Fixed that for you.

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks for your input, but you are much more effective as a victim than as an editor.

I knew exactly what I wrote, and your changing it just helps prove my point.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
I have at least 3 acquaintances that swear they were in Nam and weren't.
One guy had me totally sold until his sister told me the truth.
Seemed to know things that only an in country would know.

Those who didn't go seem to have a mix of relief and enbarrassment.

i was talking to 3 of my buddies at the VFW the other day and Ihe question came up, " Would you do it again if you didn't have to?"

The answer was " HELL NO!"

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for your input, but you are much more effective as a victim than as an editor.

I knew exactly what I wrote, and your changing it just helps prove my point.

Steve </div></div>

You sound more like dud every day.
You need to grow a set, my friend, and think for yourself.

LWW
05-19-2010, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have at least 3 acquaintances that swear they were in Nam and weren't.

i was talking to 3 of my buddies at the VFW the other day and Ihe question came up, " Would you do it again if you didn't have to?"

The answer was " HELL NO!" </div></div>

You seem to be embracing lies.

LWW

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have at least 3 acquaintances that swear they were in Nam and weren't.

LWW </div></div>

Well, I had a good time indulging you in your little pizzing contests you seem to crave.
"LOOKY, LOOKY, Hondo can't spell 'about!'
That means that even though most of the morons in Ohio don't even realize West Virginia broke away from Virginia over
a hundred years ago, we're smarter than West Virginians. YEPPER!"
What's that about?

But, no, I've tired of your little games. Total ignore for you, Buster.
You've become so petty you're not even fun anymore.

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have at least 3 acquaintances that swear they were in Nam and weren't.

LWW </div></div>

??????????????????

LWW
05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have at least 3 acquaintances that swear they were in Nam and weren't.

LWW </div></div>

Well, I had a good time indulging you in your little pizzing contests you seem to crave.
"LOOKY, LOOKY, Hondo can't spell 'about!'
That means that even though most of the morons in Ohio don't even realize West Virginia broke away from Virginia over
a hundred years ago, we're smarter than West Virginians. YEPPER!"
What's that about?

But, no, I've tired of your little games. Total ignore for you, Buster.
You've become so petty you're not even fun anymore. </div></div>

OK ... truth vs truthiness.

1 - If you are going to call people ignorant, which you did, it's best to make sure your words are spelled correctly lest thee be hoist by thine own petard as you were.

2 - I'm not from Ohio, and the average Ohioan isn't the sharpest knife in the average drawer either.

3 - West Virginia was really a separate entity other than in name even before they seceded from the seceded Virginia.

4 - The average American's knowledge of history is woefully pathetib, even among the "EDUCATED" class, as you have often demonstrated.

5 - You aren't tired of anything other than not having a lame excuse to mount your martyr's cross today. I gave it to you and you took it.

6 - You have never had me on ignore, or at the very least had the self discipline to enforce your own choice on your own self.

LWW

hondo
05-19-2010, 07:43 PM
YAWN. SSDD. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

LWW
05-20-2010, 02:18 AM
So ... you never actually had me on ignore?

LWW

LWW
05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I wore the uniform in Vietnam and many came back to all kinds of disrespect. Whatever we think of war, we owe the men and women of the armed forces our unconditional support."

The occasion was the Stamford Veterans Days parade: Nov. 9, 2008.

The speaker was Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal </div></div>

Can't they find a non tainted candidate anywhere? (http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/default/article/Critics-weigh-Blumenthal-s-words-491848.php)

LWW

pooltchr
05-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Seems to me, anyone who wourl lie about, or misrepresent their background and claim they were in Viet Nam when they weren't, all for political gain, is showing the ultimate disrespect for those who actually were there.

Steve

hondo
05-20-2010, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me, anyone who wourl lie about, or misrepresent their background and claim they were in Viet Nam when they weren't, all for political gain, is showing the ultimate disrespect for those who actually were there.

Steve </div></div>

We are in agreement there.

Sev
05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Funny. I dont hear the left denouncing this guy. I guess having a D makes all the difference.

hondo
05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny. I dont hear the left denouncing this guy. I guess having a D makes all the difference. </div></div>

Funny. All you have to do is look at the post above yours. Sorry to disappoint you.

LWW
05-21-2010, 05:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny. I dont hear the left denouncing this guy. I guess having a D makes all the difference. </div></div>

What else would you expect from a group that would nominate a confessed war hero and present him as a hero?

What else would you expect from a group that would defend the likes of Jesse MacBeth when he was exposed as a phony soldier?

What else would you expect from a group that would attempt to destroy a charity raising money for the future education of the children of our fallen heroes ... all for petty partisan politics?

LWW

pooltchr
05-21-2010, 08:05 PM
In spite of his lying and misrepresentation of his military career, it would seem that Connecticut Democrats have decided his is the kind of guy they like!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100522/ap_on_el_se/us_connecticut_senate

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Qtec
05-22-2010, 03:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at <span style='font-size: 20pt'>least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records. ... </span></div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Describes exactly Bush and Cheney.</span>

What he is guilty of is exaggeration. He is not the first and he won't be the last. Pretty stupid of him.

Q

Qtec
05-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Imagine it takes you two years to get your drivers licence and you finally pass and you never drive again. Does that make sense?

This is what GW did, except the taxpayer paid for the training. Despite 'supposedly' being a qualified pilot Bush never flew on his own in a plane after leaving the airforce.

Q..strange......most pilots want to be in the air all the time.

LWW
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at <span style='font-size: 20pt'>least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records. ... </span></div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Describes exactly Bush and Cheney.</span>

What he is guilty of is exaggeration. He is not the first and he won't be the last. Pretty stupid of him.

Q </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!!

B-B-B-BUT CH-CH-CH-CHENEY!!!!</u></span></span>

You really can't help it can you?

It's nothing at all like what Cheney did, it's nothing at all like what Bush did, and his sin is knowing, willful, wanton deceit. Deal with it.

LWW

LWW
05-22-2010, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imagine it takes you two years to get your drivers licence and you finally pass and you never drive again. Does that make sense?

This is what GW did, except the taxpayer paid for the training. Despite 'supposedly' being a qualified pilot Bush never flew on his own in a plane after leaving the airforce.</div></div>Evidenced by?

LWW