PDA

View Full Version : The truth will out.

Qtec
05-19-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Conspiracy of Banks Rigging States Came With Crash </span>(Update1)

By Martin Z. Braun and William Selway
More Photos/Details

May 18 (Bloomberg) -- A telephone call between a financial adviser in Beverly Hills and a trader in New York was all it took to fleece taxpayers on a water-and-sewer financing deal in West Virginia. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The secret conversation was part of a conspiracy stretching across the U.S. by Wall Street banks in the $2.8 trillion municipal bond market.</span>

The call came less than two hours before bids were due for contracts to manage $90 million raised with the sale of West Virginia bonds. On one end of the line was Steven Goldberg, a trader with Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. On the other was Zevi Wolmark, of advisory firm CDR Financial Products Inc. Goldberg arranged to pay a kickback to CDR to land the deal, according to government records filed in connection with a U.S. Justice Department indictment of CDR and Wolmark.

<u>West Virginia was just one stop in a nationwide conspiracy in which financial advisers to municipalities colluded with Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Wachovia Corp. and 11 other banks.</u>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>They rigged bids on auctions for so-called guaranteed investment contracts, known as GICs,</span> according to a Justice Department list that was filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan on March 24 and then put under seal. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Those contracts hold tens of billions of taxpayer money.</span>

California to Pennsylvania

The workings of the conspiracy -- which stretched from California to Pennsylvania and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>included more than 200 deals involving about 160 state agencies, local governments and non- profits</span> -- can be pieced together from the Justice Department’s indictment of CDR, civil lawsuits by governments around the country, e-mails obtained by Bloomberg News and interviews with current and former bankers and public officials.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>“The whole investment process was rigged across the board,”</span> said Charlie Anderson, who retired in 2007 as head of field operations for the Internal Revenue Service’s tax-exempt bond division. “It was so commonplace that people talked about it on the phones of their employers and ignored the fact that they were being recorded.” </div></div>

link (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=aAePAQdl8rKc)

Its the biggest fraud ever committed.

Q

LWW
05-19-2010, 06:46 AM
West Virginians aren't the sharpest knives in the national drawer.

LWW

Qtec
05-19-2010, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginians aren't the sharpest knives in the national drawer.

LWW </div></div>

You can't read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The workings of the conspiracy -- <span style='font-size: 26pt'>which stretched from California to Pennsylvania</span> and included more than 200 deals involving about 160 state agencies, local governments and non- profits </div></div>

Q

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginians aren't the sharpest knives in the national drawer.

LWW </div></div>

LOL! Every time I tell somebody from Ohio that I'm from West Virginia they tell me they've been to Richmond.

Talk abot ignorant.

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.
I have him on total ignore.

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.
I have him on total ignore. </div></div>

And yet, in the previous post, you quoted him and responded to him. Can you tell me how that would suggest "total ignore"?

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.

And yet, in the previous post, you quoted him and responded to him. Can you tell me how that would suggest "total ignore"?

Steve </div></div>

I have you on total ignore also. Get over your bad self.

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.

Steve </div></div>

LMAO! You're a little slow at times, aren't you, Steve?

hondo
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey, Steve, why am I not an honorable man?
This is my third request for an answer.

LWW
05-19-2010, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginians aren't the sharpest knives in the national drawer.

LWW </div></div>

LOL! Every time I tell somebody from Ohio that I'm from West Virginia they tell me they've been to Richmond.

Talk <span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>abot</u></span> ignorant. </div></div>

No need for me to talk about it ... you have done a fine job yourself.

LWW

LWW
05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.

Steve </div></div>

I have you on total ignore also. Get over your bad self. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Just more pettyness from the master of petty.

Steve </div></div>

LMAO! You're a little slow at times, aren't you, Steve? </div></div>

He seems to be up to speed enough to follow the meaning of the word ignore.

How ABOUT that.

LWW

LWW
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Steve, why am I not an honorable man?
This is my third request for an answer. </div></div>

How, or even why, would you request an answer from someone you claim to have on ignore?

LWW

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Do you really want to go there? Every time you find a typo
of mine, I come back with ten serious grammatical errors from you that aren't typos.

You're just too easy til you call the posse in to bail you out.

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow, dud, you can spell " about."
You must be awfully proud.

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Steve, why am I not an honorable man?

How, or even why, would you request an answer from someone you claim to have on ignore?

LWW </div></div>

I have you on ignore also, dud. TOTAL.

LWW
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Two points:

1 - I'm not the one who has incessantly bragged about being "ENGLISH TEACHER OF THE YEAR" ad infinitum.

2 - I wasn't the one calling others ignorant.

In closing, you demand to be recognized at a higher standard ... and then pizz and moan when you are held to it.

Make up your mind ... if you want to be held to the standard of being quasi literate hill folk then just say so.

LWW

hondo
05-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I would put a hyphen between quasi and literate.

So let me get this straight. You may butcher the English language
but if I make a typo you have a free pass because I was an English teacher?

That doesn't seem fair even by your standards which are pretty sleezy.
Cut me a break, dud.

I'll get to where I'm afraid to respond to your blarney
and you wouldn't want that.

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Steve, why am I not an honorable man?

Honorable people don't lie. They don't repeatedly say they are quitting the forum, and then continue posting a few minutes later. They don't tell everyone they have someone on "total ignore" and then publish proof that they not only are reading every post those people make, but quote them, and respond to them.

Sorry it took me so long to respond...I don't have you on "total ignore" but I have been known to scroll past your posts without slowing down to actually read them.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Steve, I've never thought of you as ignorant but i'm starting to
adjust my thinking.

Only somebody who is pretty slow would not realize that I've been having fun with this, and only you and dud failed to grasp that.

I am an honorable man.
I cannot honestly say that you seem very bright, however.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just pretty anal retentive. How's that?

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
No, probably just nieve enough to believe that when someone post something on a forum as you did, they are probably speaking the truth.

Here's a little hint for you. When communicating online, you are only communicating the actual words you type. It's not always easy to know when to believe someone and when to blow it off.

Forgive me, if in the future, I just go ahead and assume you really want me to just blow off your posts.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, probably just nieve enough to believe that when someone post something on a forum as you did, they are probably speaking the truth.

Here's a little hint for you. When communicating online, you are only communicating the actual words you type. It's not always easy to know when to believe someone and when to blow it off.

Forgive me, if in the future, I just go ahead and assume you really want me to just blow off your posts.

Steve </div></div>

Most folks see the "LOL"s and the emoticons and assume humor.
Sorry for giving you more credit than you deserve.

I've worked all my life.
Did 2 tours in the patties.
Raised 5 kids
Taught with distinction for 30 years
Have never backed down from anyone

And some self-promoting "pooltecher" who sucks up to
the biggest blowhard on the forum thinks I have no honor
because I goof around on a once fine forum that his hero and his
cronies have trashed.
Pardon me if I find you a little goofy and not having much class to say that to me in the first place.

You may now continue with the Steve and dud show.
"Lefties are blah, blah, blah."
"That's right, dud, lefties are blah, blah, blah."
" Lefties can't blah, blah, blah."
"That's right, dud. Lefties can't blah, blah, blah."

Two "honorable men." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Nice try, but unlike LWW, I am not going to be drawn into your little game. You can taunt and goad to your little hearts desire, but you aren't going to be able to claim that your are a victim from me.

You will have to find someone elst for that little stunt. I am not biting.

Now, I will sit back and just watch and see how low you will go.

Steve

hondo
05-19-2010, 08:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice try, but unlike LWW, I am not going to be drawn into your little game. You can taunt and goad to your little hearts desire, but you aren't going to be able to claim that your are a victim from me.

You will have to find someone elst for that little stunt. I am not biting.

Now, I will sit back and just watch and see how low you will go.

Steve </div></div>

GOOD GRIEF! That sounded exactly like a dud post. You must be very proud.

pooltchr
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Not a very good start.

Steve

LWW
05-20-2010, 02:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but you aren't going to be able to claim that your are a victim from me.

Steve </div></div>

What you miss Steve is that no participation on your part is required.

Hondo is a guy who mounted his cross once because I said he wasn't stupid.

Since then, I have taken to enjoying watching him go through the mental gymnastics he requires to constantly be a victim.

LWW