PDA

View Full Version : So Obama says,

Qtec
05-22-2010, 06:06 AM
"Right . I'm going to fire all those 1,000s of Bushites who infest Govt agencies and appoint my own men. "

What would have been the reply from the Right?

Obama takeover?

Q...................you can't have it both ways.

LWW
05-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Actually ... that's what happened.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-22-2010, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Right . I'm going to fire all those 1,000s of Bushites who infest Govt agencies and appoint my own men. "

Obama takeover?

</div></div>

The always want it both ways though. Their cake, and eat it too.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
05-22-2010, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Well who wouldn't? What good is cake if you can't eat it? I mean sure some are pretty to look at, and usually smell great. But in the end, the purpose of cake is to eat it. I for one, will always want my cake and eat it too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

pooltchr
05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Well who wouldn't? What good is cake if you can't eat it? I mean sure some are pretty to look at, and usually smell great. But in the end, the purpose of cake is to eat it. I for one, will always want my cake and eat it too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

You have cake??? You corporate facist pig! You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
Listen, Bub! Just because you worked to bake the cake, doesn't mean it's yours!!!

Steve

sack316
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
</div></div>

You forgot to include 'after they take their own slices out' at the end of that.

Truth be told, if I had enough cake I'd have no problem with sharing with those in need. It's all the cake of mine that would get dropped on the floor, going into fat bellies, and otherwise wasted before it gets to those that need it that I have issues with. And of course those capable of baking themselves that simply work the system to get theirs.

Sack

Qtec
05-23-2010, 03:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually ... that's what happened.

LWW </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GOP attacks on President Obama's decision to offer recess appointments to 15 stalled nominees--including labor lawyer Craig Becker, whose confirmation was successfully filibustered earlier this year--were swift, and predictably harsh. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called it "a purely partisan move that will make a traditionally bipartisan labor board an unbalanced agenda-driven panel."

This is hardly the first time that the opposition party has decried a President's decision to recess appoint nominees--Democrats were likewise furious at many of Bush's nods. But there important differences between the two episodes. Despite facing record obstruction, Obama has until now refused to use his recess appointment power, to the chagrin of many of his own supporters. By invoking his power, Obama's signaling to Senate Republicans that they can't delay or block him from staffing up his administration and expect to get away with it.

As the White House was careful to remind, Obama's nominees have faced far more obstruction from the GOP minority than Bush's did from Senate Democrats.

"Most of the men and women whose appointments I am announcing today were approved by Senate committees months ago, yet still await a vote of the Senate," said Obama in a weekend statement. " At a time of economic emergency, two top appointees to the Department of Treasury have been held up for nearly six months. I simply cannot allow partisan politics to stand in the way of the basic functioning of government."

And on the official White House blog spokeswoman Jen Psaki noted, "[A]<span style='font-size: 20pt'>t this time in 2002, President Bush had only <u>5 nominees</u> pending on the floor. By contrast, President Obama has <u>77 nominees</u> currently pending on the floor, 58 of whom have been waiting for over two weeks and 44 of those have been waiting more than a month." </span></div></div>

Q

LWW
05-23-2010, 06:28 AM
You didn't even understand the first claim that you made did you?

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-23-2010, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
</div></div>

You forgot to include 'after they take their own slices out' at the end of that.

Truth be told, if I had enough cake I'd have no problem with sharing with those in need. It's all the cake of mine that would get dropped on the floor, going into fat bellies, and otherwise wasted before it gets to those that need it that I have issues with. And of course those capable of baking themselves that simply work the system to get theirs.

Sack </div></div>

Then you should have issues with the Republicans, because they give your cake to the wealthy corporate CEO's, who rob us blind whenever Republicans run the show.

Government charts prove that. It's undeniable.

G.

LWW
05-23-2010, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Then you should have issues with the Republicans, because they give your cake to the wealthy corporate CEO's, who rob us blind whenever Republicans run the show.

G. </div></div>

So ... why is the finance industry, the oil industry, and the pharma industry all backing dearest leader?

Why do you give a blanket pass to oil baron, tobacco kings, tax scofflaws, and planet rapers such as Gore and Kennedy? Why do you do the same for LBJ ... who put Halliburton on the map with no bid contracts in exchange for campaign money ... along with Carter, Clinton, and Obama for doing the same thing? WHy do you condemn republichickens for doing the same thing?

Stop being a tool.

LWW

sack316
05-24-2010, 10:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

G. </div></div>

My post didn't differentiate between left and right in this instance. I know what happens with my cake in previous years. I also know those same CEO's aren't exactly hurting for cake right now either.

Sack

eg8r
05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Wasn't Jan 20th the actual takeover?

eg8r

Qtec
05-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Eh?

Q

Gayle in MD
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Right . I'm going to fire all those 1,000s of Bushites who infest Govt agencies and appoint my own men. "

Obama takeover?

</div></div>

We had a completely dysfunctional government, for eight years, under Bush, every agency, corrupted, and Republicans have obstructed everything that has come down the pike, since, including this president's nominees.

Obama, is right, why give the keys back to the guys who drove the truck into the ditch!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Better that the keys are in the hands of a bad driver, than in the hands of a drunk bad driver!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
oh, you mean like Laura Bush....good point !!! Nice of you to bring that up

eg8r
05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
LOL, and you had the audacity to call me stupid. Look it up google boy.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

G. </div></div>

I really do not understand at all how general-joes like me, same rank of the lower middle class, who fail to realize their loss of their cake because of Bush and crew. it is so pathetic Gayle. Sadly, they would rather literally cut their nose off to spite their face, really! How do you explain that, when many of these people have kids. They don't think very much of Little Sally by keeping to the narrow minded, angry zone that they elect to remain in. it's like shooting themselves in the foot, and then doing it again! sid

Gayle in MD
05-25-2010, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are allowed to keep one slice, and must immediately send the rest of the cake to Washington, so they can give "free" cake to starving children all over the world.
</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

G. </div></div>

I really do not understand at all how general-joes like me, same rank of the lower middle class, who fail to realize their loss of their cake because of Bush and crew. it is so pathetic Gayle. Sadly, they would rather literally cut their nose off to spite their face, really! How do you explain that, when many of these people have kids. They don't think very much of Little Sally by keeping to the narrow minded, angry zone that they elect to remain in. it's like shooting themselves in the foot, and then doing it again! sid </div></div>

I can only explain it by reading what has been written about them, from, "What's The Matter With Kansas" a book which proves that conservatives vote against their own best interests, and are misled and distracted by the Republilcan/religious, social BS, which republicans use to distract the right from the serious issues, altogether.

John Dean, also, wrote a book about them, "Conservatives Without Conscience" which is an excellent description of them.

Much of what was written by Barry Goldwater about the right, was actually true, and falls in line with both of the books I just mentioned, and he was distraught over what the neocons had done to the party.

I guess we can all see, now, that Big Oil, has no conscience....did you hear about that internal e-mail?

It's all on http://www.thedailybeast.com

Truly repulsive! Just imagine, if we had listened to Jimmy Carter!

G.

pooltchr
05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Good answer, Woofie, except I don't think she ever held any elected office, so I guess it wasn't really that good of an answer after all.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-26-2010, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh, you mean like Laura Bush....good point !!! Nice of you to bring that up
</div></div>

Does anyone know the reason why Laura Bush was never charged with manslaughter after she ran through a stop sign, and killed her classmate?

I can only find information about how influential and prominent her father was....hmmmm.

Good marriage, two of a kind, both of them their Da da's babies, rescued from accountability, everytime they F-ed it up.

G.

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Does anyone know the reason why Laura Bush was never charged with manslaughter after she ran through a stop sign, and killed her classmate?

G. </div></div>

Because the family didn't press charges.

Steve