PDA

View Full Version : “War Is Making You Poor Act,”

Qtec
05-23-2010, 04:33 AM
link (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/05/21/grayson-wars-taxes-americans/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> GRAYSON: So I believe that the thing we need to do is to take that $159 billion that the President has set aside – we’re not saying he has to stop the war, we’re not giving a cut-off date for the war – we’re simply saying you need to fund that out of the base budget of $549 billion. And we take 90 percent of that and give it back to the American people.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>And I think most people would be surprised to learn that that is so much money that we’ve been spending on the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq that <u>every single taxpayer in America will be get his first or her first $35,000 of income completely tax free.</u></span>

Watch it: </div></div>

Nice one...............what will the deficit hawks say?

Q

LWW
05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
The first $35K of income for most people is nearly tax free anyway.

So, all that has been proven is that Grayson is an idiot with nearly zero actual knowledge of reality.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Two simultaneous, expensive wars, while cutting taxes, borrowing to pay for all of it, leaving the cost, plus interest, to the next president, weakened this country tremddously. It's a far cry from how Clinton left this country, having creaated over five million jobs, and moved so many off the Welfar rolls, into jobs. Excellent performance I'd say, considering he also completely dismantled Saddam's strength, destroying the weapons factories.....

The job loss train, started long before the end of the disastrous Bush administration.

The debt hole was already deep enough to limit our ability to deal with the crash, which they knew was coming, far earlier than they revealed it, and while they were out there denying the beginning of this deep recession, which began long before we got rid of Bush.

Fact is, the decider didn't care about the debts he was running up, his VP confirmed that much, "The deficit doesn't matter" Cheney. Bush and the Republican majority, borrowed us into a mess, paid for nothing, then washedd their hands of all the resulting disssters.

Pure obstructionists, for political purposes, regardlelss of how they impact our people.

Disgusting!

What value did we Americans get back from Bush's Fiasco in Iraq?

NOTHING! DEBTS, DEBTS, and more DEBTS! No options but to spend to divert even greaters disasters.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Bush was like one of those people you have to put out of your life, on occasion, because every encounter with them, is a no win encounter.

G.

pooltchr
05-23-2010, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two simultaneous, expensive wars,
G. </div></div>

So why hasn't Obama kept his word about ending our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's been a year and a half now...I thought he campaigned on a timetable of 16 months. He sure kept his word about pushing through his HCR plan with reckless abandon!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Bush was the classic example of the Peter Principle, even though he didn't have one, himself....he did have a Dick though, and like most Dicks, they will get you into trouble if you let them have their way......
GWB made Reagan look good, and Nixon look honest.

Qtec
05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The first $35K of income for most people is <span style='font-size: 20pt'><u>nearly</u> tax free anyway.</span></div></div>

So?....... Now its TOTALLY tax free .

As a TP guy, I thought you would be for it.

Q.....