PDA

View Full Version : I'm still lost!!!

hondo
05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Did anybody watch the series finale of Lost?

Did they die in the original crash or at various times later?

Deeman3
05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Hondo,

My take is that they died at various times both on the island and later. Remember Jack's father saying, "There is no now here!"

I think it ended about as well as it could have. Yes, they are all dead but they are just in the next phase of existence. Believable for all but the pure atheists, I guess.

I think that, overall, it was a good show. The best part were the stories and the way all manner of persons, cultural steriotypes, ect. were brought in and later developed into diminsional characters. I have to say, in my opinion, it was worth the time I put in watching it. The best characters were Lock, Hurley and probably Kate.

The good thing, which I thought was impossible a couple of episodes ago was that they tied all the stories up neatly.

Deeman3
05-24-2010, 10:08 AM
If you noticed, at the very end, the scenes showed the wreck site with Jack laying there with the dog and his eyes opened, then they close. Different from the opening show where he got up as the dog licked his face. That probably means he/they all died on impact and the 6 years have been alternate lives/dreams of perhaps just a last second flash of events beofre his dying.

Truthfully, I would not have thought of how they have wrapped this up but, now, don't see a lot of other ways. However, there are supposed to be alternative nedings that they filmed and I guess you can find them if you wish on the internet or the "Lost" site.

hondo
05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
I agree. I put all 6 years in, Dee.

hondo
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
LOL! Sounds like you've changed your mind about your first post.
I just don't know myself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

wolfdancer
05-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm proud/sad to say that I never once watched that show....
Was it as good as "Gilligan's Island"....sounds like it was in the same genre?

Deeman3
05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm proud/sad to say that I never once watched that show....
Was it as good as "Gilligan's Island"....sounds like it was in the same genre? </div></div>

The gals made you forget about Mary Ann and might have made some forget about the professor. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It was a good show if you were willing to put in the time, which I was via DVR and fast forward. Perhaps not a classic like Gilligan or Bewitched but nicer beach scenes and monsters than either of those.

I was afraid I would be mad for investing the time in the end but i was not.

hondo
05-24-2010, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm proud/sad to say that I never once watched that show....
Was it as good as "Gilligan's Island"....sounds like it was in the same genre? </div></div>

BETTER. Really neat show.
Thinking man's show.

eg8r
05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank goodness that show is over. It was over after the first season.

Sorry, I have nothing to add to your post, I quick watching after season 1.

eg8r

hondo
05-24-2010, 08:23 PM
LOL! Once again, my friend, we totally disagree.