PDA

View Full Version : Obama shows how much he respects our fallen heroes

LWW
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Dearest leader will heroically avoid the Arlington National Cemetery's Memorial Day ceremonies.

LWW

Sev
05-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Awful silent on this thread.

Guess nobody wants to defend it.

Hey Hondo. Arent you a Nam Vet???

pooltchr
05-27-2010, 07:53 PM
He's probably afraid that the ghosts of all those fallen heros would come up and drag him down!

Steve

hondo
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
What was his reason?

hondo
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's probably afraid that the ghosts of all those fallen heros would come up and drag him down!

Steve </div></div>

Yep, I imagine that's what it is.

LWW
05-28-2010, 05:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was his reason? </div></div>

My guess is that because he made an arse of himself there during the campaign when he claimed he saw dead soldiers in the crowd.

LWW

Qtec
05-28-2010, 06:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ban on photos of U.S. troops' coffins lifted
By Andrea Stone, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON The Obama administration said Thursday it will lift an 18-year ban on coverage of the return of military members killed in war by allowing families of the fallen to decide whether the news media may photograph the flag-covered caskets.
"We should not presume to make the decision for the families," Defense Secretary Robert Gates said. "We should actually let them make it."

As President Bush's Defense chief, Gates said, he had looked into lifting the ban on coffins at Delaware's Dover Air Force Base, where fallen troops arrive for transfer to their hometowns.</div></div>

Respect..........Yeah right.......... Denying these fallen soldiers their proper homecoming because you don't want to draw attention to the true cost of war?

Q

pooltchr
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Respect..........Yeah right.......... Denying these fallen soldiers their proper homecoming because you don't want to draw attention to the true cost of war?

Q </div></div>

A proper homecoming doesn't need to have television news crews crawling all around. The families are there to receive the bodies of fallen loved ones. Let me ask you this. If you had a loved one killed, and you were grieving and at their memorial service, would you want swarms of reporters distupting the service for political reasons???????????

Steve

Qtec
05-28-2010, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A proper homecoming doesn't need to have television news crews crawling all around. </div></div>

What crap.

UK style (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8668163.stm)
Q

LWW
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I agree that the ban on showing the caskets is an effort to hide the true costs of war.

I know it goes back to at least Viet Nam, and probably further.

If the regime ends this and allows the family to make the call, I think it's proper.

I have no doubt that some pinheads will use the caskets as props to pimp their agenda ... but I also believe that most Americans are wise enough to see through it.

LWW

pooltchr
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
We are not the UK!

Steve

LWW
05-28-2010, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are not the UK!

Steve </div></div>

The RAF members I know here at the base refer to as "SEPPOS" in British slang.

Their common POV is quite interesting in an alternative history sort of way.

LWW

Sev
05-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Vacation.

Qtec
05-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Obviously.
The Brits have more respect for the fallen. Bush just wanted to keep the real cost of war off the media focus and avoid examination of the reasons for why war was necessary in the first place.

Forgotten truths.
caught (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1X-I-38lrU)

An avalanche of lies.
LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1X-I-38lrU)

Q

pooltchr
05-30-2010, 06:40 AM
The media will exploit any event for one reason...ratings. I've seen reporters shoving a microphone and camera in someone's face at the scene of many tragedies. It's not about reporting, it's about ratings.
I believe in keeping them far away from anything like this. We have heros who gave up their life for their country...at least give them and their grieving families the respect and dignity they deserve.

Steve