PDA

View Full Version : This Junk Shot Of British Petro's, Why Wait?

Sid_Vicious
05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Serious! Why isn't BP totally prepared with the junk shot immediately behind the top kill, if the TK fails? In fact, why don't they junk shot the sucker first? My reasons are that I think they won't for this reason...BP wants to preserve the well for possible future production, at the expense of our Gulf waters.

I have a solution. It is 5200 feet right? Take a nuclear sub, and pound the base of the well at a 30 degree angle with bombs, mangling the pipe buried within the earth to the oil pool. DESTROY everything, including BP's greedy ideas of saving the well. It is our country's shores, so mangling that well may be the best last resort. A nuke would heat up enough to cauterize and seal the tube off. At a mile down, a nuke would have negligible effects on anything when compared to what we are facing in times to come! Underwater nuke tests have been done for a long time...make it count and tell BP to F-OFF, we are smashing your well to death. Where is Bruce Willis or Tommy Lee Jones when you really need them?

OK if the nuclear option seems to squeamish for you, we have percussion bombs to do an adequate job of laterally severing and sealing this leak, at least down to a trickle.

This is staged to be the worst ecological disaster in history. Blow the SOB to closer to hell! We don't need the hardware they are trying to plug, BP might think they do, but screw them! sid

pooltchr
05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm not an engineer, but it seems to me, when they had the first concrete box down there (the one with the ice problem), it would have been fairly simple to run a big pipe from the surface down to it, and pump the box full of concrete. Seal the entire well in a tomb of cement.

I would think burying something in cement would be the first natural reaction of any good Chicago thug!!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-26-2010, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Serious! Why isn't BP totally prepared with the junk shot immediately behind the top kill, if the TK fails? In fact, why don't they junk shot the sucker first? My reasons are that I think they won't for this reason...BP wants to preserve the well for possible future production, at the expense of our Gulf waters.

I have a solution. It is 5200 feet right? Take a nuclear sub, and pound the base of the well at a 30 degree angle with bombs, mangling the pipe buried within the earth to the oil pool. DESTROY everything, including BP's greedy ideas of saving the well. It is our country's shores, so mangling that well may be the best last resort. A nuke would heat up enough to cauterize and seal the tube off. At a mile down, a nuke would have negligible effects on anything when compared to what we are facing in times to come! Underwater nuke tests have been done for a long time...make it count and tell BP to F-OFF, we are smashing your well to death. Where is Bruce Willis or Tommy Lee Jones when you really need them?

OK if the nuclear option seems to squeamish for you, we have percussion bombs to do an adequate job of laterally severing and sealing this leak, at least down to a trickle.

This is staged to be the worst ecological disaster in history. Blow the SOB to closer to hell! We don't need the hardware they are trying to plug, BP might think they do, but screw them! sid </div></div>

I think, Sid, that the dangers of making everything worse, involved in taking amy course, not only are not fully known, but require a lot of calculations in advance of doing anything.

This is just a guess, but I also see that government doesn't want to do anything that would end up giving BP a pass on taking full resposiblity for whatever ends up happening. Once we go in there and take this whole thing over, which, actually, it appears we do not have the equipment, nor the sure fire solutions, to do, then they can turn around and blame those who take the problem over, to some degree....it does muddy up the responsibility question, as far as a court is concerned.

I think a good deal of the waiting has had to do with keeping the pressure on BP to solve the mess they've made, but I also do not think our government has the answers, nor the means, to address the disaster on their own.

Obama has called in every expert known, to banter over what to do, for weeks. This thing seems to have everyone stumped, as another blow, given the pressure and the depth, and the cold, could end up being even worse than what we're facing right now.

Just my 2c. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif