PDA

View Full Version : BP And The Valzez, They Screwed Up There Too!

Sid_Vicious
05-25-2010, 08:20 PM
"Since a busted oil well began spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico a month ago, the catastrophe has constantly been measured against the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. The Alaska spill leaked nearly 11 million gallons of crude, killed countless wildlife and tarnished the owner of the damaged tanker, Exxon.

Yet the leader of botched containment efforts in the critical hours after the tanker ran aground wasn't Exxon Mobil Corp. It was BP PLC, the same firm now fighting to plug the Gulf leak."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9FTPOVG0&show_article=1

This is interesting...a bunch of bozos, those BP people are. They created or botched TWO massive spill SNAFUs, here in our country! Sounds like terrorism or simple "3 stooges business." sid

wolfdancer
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
"What’s 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick? The largest of a set of enormous oil plumes deep in the Gulf of Mexico that suggests that leakage from the broken undersea well could be substantially worse than the government and BP originally thought.

Not only does oil in the water cake marine life with a toxic black goo, it literally suffocates the ecosystem as the oil depletes oxygen in the water."
The oxygen levels are already down 30%, and while the leak is 5k barrels a day, BP is reportedly,recovering just 1k ....??
I blame Bush!!
It's unfortunate the GWB is no longer in charge as he could calmly reassure the migratotry bird population with a helicopter flyover....jes like he did for the drowning Katrina victims.
There is an old story about him in his sky pilot days....his plane caught on fire, and he donned the only parachute and then told his alarmed crew members....not to worry, that he was going for help. George thought he would be awarded the "Most honourable Order of the Bath" from the British Government, because he showered regularly, sometimes even after sex....

pooltchr
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
[quote=wolfdancerIt's unfortunate the GWB is no longer in charge as he could calmly reassure the migratotry bird population with a helicopter flyover....jes like he did for the drowning Katrina victims.
[/quote]

Instead, we have Obama, who just goes on vacation!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

wolfdancer
05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
geez, I really feel important...I have one dedicated reader, who just can't get enough of my posts. While someone else might call you a troll....I consider you a fan...and thanks for your support.

Qtec
05-26-2010, 02:32 AM
BTW, you are missing the ] after =wolfdancer.

Q

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">geez, I really feel important... </div></div>

I think the word you were looking for was impotent!

Steve

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, you are missing the ] after =wolfdancer.

Q </div></div>

Thank you for adding another high quality, informative post!

(nerd)

Steve

eg8r
05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
After reading your post, the first thing I thought was, "hmm, steve did not preview the post and missed the close bracket". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading your post, the first thing I thought was, "hmm, steve did not preview the post and missed the close bracket". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Ed, the fact is, I am having some issues with my vision, and going through a lot of very involved eye surgery. My vision is not as good as it should be, and things tend to get very blurry on my laptop screen. Add in the arthritis that has my hands shaking, and I do miss little things like that at times.

But, it's nice to know that we have a perfect person here that monitors such things and gladly points them out. Perhaps if he would focus his attention on content, rather than trivial errors, he might be better off. But maybe he likes the title of V.I. !!!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Since a busted oil well began spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico a month ago, the catastrophe has constantly been measured against the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. The Alaska spill leaked nearly 11 million gallons of crude, killed countless wildlife and tarnished the owner of the damaged tanker, Exxon.

Yet the leader of botched containment efforts in the critical hours after the tanker ran aground wasn't Exxon Mobil Corp. It was BP PLC, the same firm now fighting to plug the Gulf leak."

This is interesting...a bunch of bozos, those BP people are. They created or botched TWO massive spill SNAFUs, here in our country! Sounds like terrorism or simple "3 stooges business." sid </div></div>

It's worse than terrorism, in some ways, because there are so many oil rigs these days in deep water, and our oceans are not in great shape to begin with, thanks to all the Republilcan deregulatory policies, and their total ignorance about conservation, clean fuels, and protection of the oil industry.

Just look how many Republicans voted against the new financial regulations.

Look who is voting now against raising the liability for BP!

Whatever devastation big business causes to the majority of Americans in this country, and our environement, you can count on the Republican Party, to defend the worst offenders. They've done that for decades, and it has taken a terrible toll, particularly on our environment, and our economy.

G.

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and our oceans are not in great shape to begin with, thanks to all the Republilcan
G. </div></div>

you are truely pathetic. Now it's Republicans fault that our ocean aren't clean enough.

Pathetic!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Since a busted oil well began spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico a month ago, the catastrophe has constantly been measured against the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster. The Alaska spill leaked nearly 11 million gallons of crude, killed countless wildlife and tarnished the owner of the damaged tanker, Exxon.

This is interesting...a bunch of bozos, those BP people are. They created or botched TWO massive spill SNAFUs, here in our country! Sounds like terrorism or simple "3 stooges business." sid </div></div>

You know, many people did not get their rightful compensation after the Valdez disaster. they did what all dishonest crooks do, they just drug the whole thing out, and wore out their accusers, or their accusers ran out of money to sue them....

Just like after Katrina, insurance companies ripped people off, many never got their rightful compensation.

After 9/11, people were assured they wouldn't be exposed to anything dangerous, by the Republican Mayor, Rudi Guiliani, and the workers and volunteers believed him, worked on, and now, many of them are dead, or suffering from lung problems.

Now we have BP, telling people that they shouldn't worry about being exposed to the oil, or the additives, and who knows, really, I sure don't expect they're being honest, at all.

I think we've had far too much deregulation. In fact, that WAS the problem with much of the oil disasters we've seen, another one in Alaska, right now.

I just wonder how the heck we'll keep BP to thheir promises, unless Democratics keep the majority, because we know damn well, Republicans aren't going to be anything but tools for the oil industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — Two congressmen say that BP's internal investigation into the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has identified new warning signs of problems before the April 20 explosion that brought down the company's oil rig.

Reps. Henry Waxman and Bart Stupak say in a committee memo that the warning signs include an unexpected loss of fluid from a pipe known as a "riser" five hours before the explosion. That suggests there could have been a leak in the blowout preventer.

Engineers conducting tests on the system reduced the pressure to one of the lines to zero, while the pressure on the drill began to build. The memo says BP's investigator indicates that may have been a "fundamental mistake" because the rising pressure was an "indicator of a very large abnormality."

</div></div>

They knew, and they caused death and destruction, and Republicans are blocking raising their liabililty!

Typical!

G.

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve

hondo
05-27-2010, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

And you believe the exact opposite, my friend.

LWW
05-27-2010, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What’s 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick?</div></div>

The daily output of lies by the far left?

LWW

LWW
05-27-2010, 06:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

The sad thing is that they believe whatever they are told to believe.

If Obama flipped parties today they would nod their collectivist heads in Orwellian unison that they had always been republicans, would always be republicans, only voted for republicans, and that Bush was a democrat.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-27-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

And you believe the exact opposite, my friend. </div></div>

Is he still harping, yapping, trolling, insulting, attacking, cyberstalking, and being an all round Supreme *******!

the man is addicted to me. He's really, truly pitiful, they both are....

Total ignore...

Love,
Gayle

Stretch
05-27-2010, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=pooltchr]The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>Is he still harping, yapping, trolling, insulting, attacking, cyberstalking, and being an all round Supreme *******! <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

And that's on a good day. St.

pooltchr
05-27-2010, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

Nope. Not at all. I know politicians will spin things to suit their agenda. That's why I prefer to watch what they do, not listen to what they say.

Anyone who automatically gives any politician any credibility, based on what they say in a speech, or write in a book, or whatever, is a fool of the greatest level.

Steve

eg8r
05-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I think all politicians lie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think all politicians lie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

I do too, Ed.

hondo
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad thing is that you actually believe that Republicans always lie, and Democrats always tell you the truth.

Steve </div></div>

Nope. Not at all. I know politicians will spin things to suit their agenda. That's why I prefer to watch what they do, not listen to what they say.

Anyone who automatically gives any politician any credibility, based on what they say in a speech, or write in a book, or whatever, is a fool of the greatest level.

Steve </div></div>

Good post, Steve, but I rarely see anything resembling balance in your posts.
It's non-stop agreeing with dud, " Those lefties... blah, blah, blah." JMHO.

wolfdancer
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
I read where the chemicals they are using on the oil slick are more carcinogenic, a bigger health hazard then the oil itself.
This is a disaster, and it doesn't matter which party one can try to put the blame on.....the damage has been done....and good thing for BP, they aren't HG'd on mainland China, as some of the bp bigwigs families would already be getting billed for the bullets