PDA

View Full Version : Palin Bombing

Gayle in MD
05-26-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-pal...5#ixzz0oxIOweYs (http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-gives-disastrous-speech-at-commercial-real-estate-conference-calls-obama-an-opium-addict-2010-5#ixzz0oxIOweYs)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin Gives Disastrous Speech At Commercial Real Estate Conference, Calls Obama An "Opium" Addict

x
Email Article
From
To

Email Sent!
You have successfully shared the post.
|
A A A
Buzz
Share367

Joe Weisenthal | May 24, 2010, 7:52 AM | 16,217 | 120
This weekend, 2012 Presidential candidate Sarah Palin delivered a keynote address at the 2010 ICSC RECon conference, a retail real estate conference in Las Vegas.

Of course, whenever a conference has a speaker like this, the draw is the speaker's celebrity power, not their glints of insight about the actual topic at hand.

Still, you kind of expect the speaker to tailor their speech a little bit to the crowd.

Apparently in this case that didn't happen. Mainly she just delivered a stump speech.

According to Ian Ritter, she slammed Obama as an addict of other people's money -- OPM, which she pronounced "opium."

According to the Dirt Lawyer's Blog, her speech went over like a ton of bricks, owing to the fact that she didn't touch on real estate

Speaking of disappointment, let's talk about the keynote address from Sarah Palin. In short, it was a standard stump speech with a few superficial comments about shopping centers and retail real estate. It was awful and a borderline train wreck in my opinion. All Palin had to do was add in a paragraph about the pending disaster of carried interest and she would have not only won over the crowd but gotten significant fundraiser cash from the industry if she runs in 2012. As it stands, I do not know if she knows what carried interest is.

David Bodamer at TrafficCourt had basically the same reaction, expressing surprise at the lack of taxation talk.

There's no sign her star power is diminishing just yet, but if she wants to get serious about the business of raising money from industry groups, it sounds like she'll need to hone her message a little bit.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-pal...5#ixzz0p3amMGGe (http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-gives-disastrous-speech-at-commercial-real-estate-conference-calls-obama-an-opium-addict-2010-5#ixzz0p3amMGGe)
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [Updated, below.]

Hey, kids! Did anyone wake up today thinking to themselves, "Sometime-Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's appearance at that Michele Bachmann rally was sure swell, but for the sake of being complete, I'd sure like to know how her April 6th keynote speech at the Wine And Spirits Wholesalers of America's 67th Annual Convention and Exposition went?" Well you're in luck. It apparently did not go well, and did not make much sense.

And look! Some guy apparently liveblogged the whole thing, or something?

Here comes Palin!

Big hair, white jacket. And now a salute to the "beautiful people working so hard in Nevada."

Heck yeah, I want to speak at this convention! Three bad wine puns in a row: "Going rosé", "stand on a wine box (instead of a soap box)", "in good spirits".

Apparently Todd is in a snow race this weekend. Wow, this woman could have been president. Shudder.

[Editor: What is the crowd's reaction?]
TOTAL SILENCE

She just made up a Ronald Reagan quote. And now she's talking about the deficit, using "heck" a lot. If her commercial fishing business is in trouble, she'd fix it, not borrow money.

Ha, that "going rosé" pun isn't even hers, it's Slate's Mike Steinberger, from a January article in which he wondered: "Why is Sarah Palin keynoting the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers convention?"

Back to the "liveblog":

Back to the speech. She just pointed out that in spirits, quality grapes produce quality wines. Does she know wine is not spirits?

"Think of cultured yeast as a mentor." That was an attempt to link winemaking with the habits of successful people.

She keeps focusing on small business. An interesting choice, given the crowd. Oh, here comes energy policy. She wants nuclear power and offshore drilling, instead of giving money to "unstable regimes".

[Editor: I want nuclear yeast!]

Now, more than ever, I am thinking of cultured yeast as a mentor.

By the way, the Wine And Spirits Wholesalers presumably paid between $75,000 to $100,000 for that so, hooray! Recession is over!

UPDATE: Oh, frabjous day! A tipster from the WSWA conference sends along the complete audio of Sarah Palin's speech. If I'm being as charitable as possible, it's more Metodo Charmat-Martinotti than it is méthode champenoise. If I'm being honest, however...

LISTEN:

</div></div>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/08/sarah-palin-spoke-at-a-wi_n_530934.html

What a genius! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif What a hero to the right. She has the only marker the right requires for admiration, she's bilked the naive and uneducated out of their money, lol... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Sounds like the rantings of some lefty, just jumping on the "Bash Palin" bandwagon. A favorite tactic of the left, and the revered Mr Alinsky:

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Good Job, Gayle. You are a good little radical partisan.

Steve

LWW
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
What a troll.

Other People's Money has been referred to as O.P.M for decades ... and only a partisan tool would twist that to mean "opium" instead.

That being said ... where was your outrage when an Obama appointee said Bush was like a crack addict ... or when an entertainer at the White House wished Limbaugh's kidneys would fail ... or when the Letterman attacks went down?

You aren't fooling anyone Gayle, you are a hater with an agenda.

LWW

hondo
05-27-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a troll.

LWW </div></div>

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are!

Most recent 5 pages on BD- Threads started by dud:

11 threads with 0 responses
23 threads with 2-5 responses, all by dud or Steve or Sev
3 threads with some discussion, some by Q,most by dud or Steve.

If that's not the definition of a troll, what is?

You must be very proud, dud.

Claasic doublethink from the master.
If I can just learn to laugh at your posts instead of getting annoyed, they are entertaining.

Gayle in MD
05-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Honda dear, I really wish you wouldn't quote the trolls when they try to invade and ruin the discussion in one of my threads, LOL.

Who cares what either of them think, or write.

Let's just commit to ignoring their efforts to destroy debate on this forum, by just not reading their drivel.

We all know what they are, so lets treat them with the total ignore they so richly deserve! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Now, what do you think about people stupid enough to pay this idiot to speak! Can you believe how thoroughly dumb one would have to be to pay that womanbubba to blather on, with all of her Betcha's and gotcha's and all round illogical BS?

Love,
Gayle

Stretch
05-27-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a troll.

LWW </div></div>

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are!

Most recent 5 pages on BD- Threads started by dud:

11 threads with 0 responses
23 threads with 2-5 responses, all by dud or Steve or Sev
3 threads with some discussion, some by Q,most by dud or Steve.

If that's not the definition of a troll, what is?

You must be very proud, dud.

Claasic doublethink from the master.
If I can just learn to laugh at your posts instead of getting annoyed, they are entertaining. </div></div>

Hondo, ya i almost spit my coffee out hereing the " Little Wonkie Weenie" calling someone els a hater with an agenda.

i wouldn't worry about him actually finding anyone though. Apparently he only has enough time away from the pc to change his diaper. St.

pooltchr
05-27-2010, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Let's just commit to ignoring their efforts to destroy debate on this forum, by just not reading their drivel.

</div></div>

Good plan. Ignoring the other side is the way of the left. They do it in congress, shutting out the right from any discussion, or pretending to listen, and then ignoring them. It's that elitist, arrogant attitude that makes you what you are....closed minded partisans.

Remember...Ignore is the root word for ignorance.

Steve

eg8r
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
I think you really enjoy your banter back and forth with the AZ'ers.

eg8r

hondo
05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Sorry. This particular time I had to quote him to make my point.

hondo
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
MOI!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Gayle in MD
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry. This particular time I had to quote him to make my point. </div></div>

I forgive you, and hope you'll forgive my misspelling of Hondo in my last post to you, which is too late to correct!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
an who wouldn't enjoy it?...although it often reads like a H.S. debate against 4th graders....you being the high schooler....

wolfdancer
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
now there you go again....imagining that what you have to say is going to over rule what we can cull from CNN, etc...some respectfed news media. You are just a talking head, as we all are, with the same "insider's info" that is available to all of us.
If I wanted to listen to yesterday's rantings of Beck and Bill, My cable box has a built in DVR....I don't need to read that crap here as "news" a day or two later, especially after it has been filtered through your belief ssystem.
Just because we choose to not read your output, as I imagine a majority would do in any demographic grouping.... "a closed mind?"....it ain't necessarily so.....perhaps if you were to print out your credentials....like say a Masters in political science from...say Liberty University.....
then you would be respected, like Fredo, in "The Godfather"

Gayle in MD
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now there you go again....imagining that what you have to say is going to over rule what we can cull from CNN, etc...some respectfed news media. You are just a talking head, as we all are, with the same "insider's info" that is available to all of us.
If I wanted to listen to yesterday's rantings of Beck and Bill, My cable box has a built in DVR....I don't need to read that crap here as "news" a day or two later, especially after it has been filtered through your belief ssystem.
Just because we choose to not read your output, as I imagine a majority would do in any demographic grouping.... "a closed mind?"....it ain't necessarily so.....perhaps if you were to print out your credentials....like say a Masters in political science from...say Liberty University.....
then you would be respected, like Fredo, in "The Godfather"
</div></div>

Anyone who relies on cable news, for their information, is a fool.

The only way to know what our representatives are doing, is to watch C-span, period.

Live, C-Span, with no commentary from pundits, is the only way one can observe the representatives in action, and make up their own mind what's actually going on.

It only takes one day, to see what total liars and A-holes the Republicans are....and the more you watch them, the more consistantly their lies and corruption are revealed.

Republican policies destroyed this country, from propping up Saddam, to spreading weapons to radicals around the world.

After Reagan, and Bush, we were already in the red, but Little Bushy really finished us off....

I can't believe the mess this president inherited. The historians agreed, the worst legacy ever left to any president!

That's why the right wingnuts on here get so damned nasty, because they know their party, and the Republican Policies, ruined everything. And, they know their own votes pushed the mess along to the mult-ilevel disasters which we now must reverse.

They can't admit their stupidity, so they just attack everyone who was on here for eight years, telling them exactly where we'd end up due to Bush, and thenn, it all went down just as we predicted.

LOL, no wonder they're easy to ignore...no value, no clue, and no signs of learning from their mistakes.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
g.

pooltchr
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
You have managed to go beyond irritating, to the point where you just rant like a deranged lunatic.

Dementia setting in???

Steve

wolfdancer
05-27-2010, 04:05 PM
probably, but I'll be the last to know it.
That makes my day though that you find me irritating....(thanks for sharing) as you rankle me to the nth degree.
Just call it square, tit for tat, so to speak......
Get off of my a**, stop using me to build up your rep points and I won't be bothering you anymore.

wolfdancer
05-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Gayle, I just occasionally watch C-Span, and then only if something interesting is going on. As to cable news "Earthquake in Chile kills thousands" ....works for me, and then I switch over to "Law and Order"
I also enjoy PBS....
I'm nowhere near as well versed on affairs as you are, but know enough not to let the "right wing brain trust" here try and blow smoke up my ***
Well two of them keep trying.....
About the only real level headed, intelligent discussion you could have would be with Dee, who posts without any animosity, or preconceived notion that you are an idiot for not sharing his beliefs. Ed might come on a little strong at times, and we won't be exchanging Xmas cards....but he is head and heels over the two know it alls, and I "grudgingly" respect his opinions, even though I might? not agree with them.

hondo
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have managed to go beyond irritating, to the point where you just rant like a deranged lunatic.

Dementia setting in???

Steve </div></div>

"the mods seem to have little pity on those who continually launch personal attacks.

We would miss you."

pooltchr
05-27-2010, 07:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have managed to go beyond irritating, to the point where you just rant like a deranged lunatic.

Dementia setting in???

Steve </div></div>

"the mods seem to have little pity on those who continually launch personal attacks.

We would miss you." </div></div>

Get real! That comment was mild, compared to the foul mouthed, hateful personal attacks launched by woofie. If you can't see that, or refuse to see it, you are blind.
Steve

hondo
05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Gayle in MD
05-29-2010, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, I just occasionally watch C-Span, and then only if something interesting is going on. As to cable news "Earthquake in Chile kills thousands" ....works for me, and then I switch over to "Law and Order"
I also enjoy PBS....
I'm nowhere near as well versed on affairs as you are, but know enough not to let the "right wing brain trust" here try and blow smoke up my ***
Well two of them keep trying.....
About the only real level headed, intelligent discussion you could have would be with Dee, who posts without any animosity, or preconceived notion that you are an idiot for not sharing his beliefs. Ed might come on a little strong at times, and we won't be exchanging Xmas cards....but he is head and heels over the two know it alls, and I "grudgingly" respect his opinions, even though I might? not agree with them. </div></div>

You seem to do fine figuring out what the score is in these political matters, but then, you are smart, and have loads of common sense, unlike some here, who deny reality as a way of life....

Even the Conservative commentators, saw right through Palin, and hard as it was for them to go off te Party ideology, they had to speak out against his incredibly irresponsible choice....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cindy McCain: "Palin has National Security experience because Alaska is close to Russia."

Palin: "I haven't really focused much on the War In Iraq."

Palin's Mother-in-law "I'm not sue what she brings to the ticket."

Alaska National Guard General: "Palin and I play no role in the National Defense activites, even when they involve the guard."

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Former Bush speechwriter, David Frum: "McCain's supporters argue that he is more serious about national security than Barack Obama. But the selection of Sarah Palin invites the question: How serious can he be if he would place such a neophyte second in line to the presidency?" </span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>National Review Senior Editor Rick Brookhiser: "Either McCain thinks the war on terror isn't serious, or he thinks the vice-presidency isn't," </span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
"Conservatives love Palin because she has a Downs baby and an M-16. For both sides, that is all on earth ye know and all ye need to know. You might call it mystical and childish. May I be so wrong that a hundred harpies will pluck my eyeballs."</span>

Former Counsel to Dick Cheney, Shannen Coffin: "The choice also says a lot about McCain. First, that he is a bit desperate," Coffin writes on the National Review site The Corner. "Second, that he is one arrogant SOB. McCain is essentially telling the world that he doesn't really need a Vice President.... Rather, the Office would seem poised to return to the 'proverbial warm bucket of p***' category."

Ramesh Panuru of the National Review: "Inexperience. Palin has been governor for about two minutes. Thanks to McCain's decision, Palin could be commander-in-chief next year. That may strike people as a reckless choice; it strikes me that way.....To the extent the experience, qualifications, and national-security arguments are taken off the table, Obama wins. And it's not just foreign policy. Palin has no experience dealing with national domestic issues, either....Tokenism. Can anyone say with a straight face that Palin would have gotten picked if she were a man?"

Like I said, these are all conservatives.

Like I said, I'd be embarrassed to jump on this band wagon, even if I came from the nutty 28%!

Gee, I guess I must not be getting my talking points from the Democratic Party!

</div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-29-2010, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
</div></div>
Tis be a shame
Ye lack the same

LWW

hondo
05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
No need to stew.
I was thinking of you.
(And your crew.)

wolfdancer
05-29-2010, 07:15 PM
from your continuous printing of that quote of Hondo's....you must find it terrible irritating....maybe if you reported it to the powers that be....you could have him suspended?
We all say things in anger, or frustration, that we might not follow through on when we calm down a bit, and since you are the
proverbial thorn in the rosebush.....with your penchant for personal attacks,I'm sure othere have been angry enough to write something similar. when I finally do follow through and quit here....it will be because of you and Steve. But, don't hold your breath waiting...I'd have already departed,except that I don't want you to be claiming another victim, another victory, and more rep points on that other site.
I wonder what someone new to the board might think after seeing that petty bs....I can guess, but it's unprintable

Qtec
05-30-2010, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget about Sarah Palin writing on her hand. Forget about her resigning as governor of Alaska a little over halfway through her first term for no reason other than she was tired of it. Forget that her husband thinks Alaska should be its own country and was essentially co-governor. Forget that she shoots wolves from helicopters for fun. Forget all about those things as arguments against Sarah Palin when you are dealing with the people who love her. They don't care. All of those things just make her delightfully regular and sympathetically human.

See, Sarah Palin is graded on the hot chick curve </div></div>

link....adult language (http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/search?q=palin+hot)

Guys think she's hot, women think she is feisty.

Q

hondo
05-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Good link. Dead on.

Gayle in MD
05-31-2010, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good link. Dead on. </div></div>Absolutely.

LWW
05-31-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> from your continuous printing of that quote of Hondo's....you must find it terrible irritating....maybe if you reported it to the powers that be....you could have him suspended?</div></div>

Actually ... I find it wonderfully entertaining, much as I find your colorful posts to be entertaining.

LWW