PDA

View Full Version : A puzzling contradiction

hondo
05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
I am a rarity on these forums: a liberal Democrat Christian.

But it seems to me that the left wing non-believers on these forums act a lot more Christian in their attitudes than the
Right Wing Christian posters on these forums.

I brought up Lotter in Sunday School and his praise of
murderers. My fellow Baptists were shocked.
Johnny D. and his non-stop hate towards me.
dud and his prideful arrogance and refusal to admit he's ever wrong.
Lamas and Sliderule and yugo and their hateful taunting.

Folks, Chistianity is a living faith.

Read the Good Book, my brothers. You have strayed off the path.

I love you as fellow souls from God but you characters would make a preacher cuss. Go to church once in a while and pay attention.

wolfdancer
05-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Hondo, I see no reason why someone can't be a liberal Democrat, and a Christian.....I'm all of the above....maybe not a practicing R.C., but still a Catholic. And if there is a couple of hours left before my expiration date, and I can squeeze my confession in, I would hope to recieve the final Sacrament of extreme unction....and then go to heaven, and do for eternity what we Catholics do best....play Bingo!!!

wolfdancer
05-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Say, as a Christian...I have to admit that i was wrong, mea culpa, and retract a claim that I made a few days ago.....that nobody replies to dud....I know, I know....it's tough to admit that one is wrong.....but on this page alone there are 41 replies...41 !!!....AND that huge number is in reply to only 18 posts that he has made. The man's popularity is growing by leaps and bounds. You made probably 20, I didn't count, and he was so thrilled by what he had written, he replied 6 times to himself.
Therefore:
x = n- (20 + 6)
PI = x/PC
where X = interested others
PC = post count
PI = popularity index
We would like to see a postive number here....but it ain't a gonna happen....not in this lifetime
I'm guessing my PI would be around 10, but I'm trying to be modest.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
05-28-2010, 03:58 AM
God bless you, brother.
Under the "I", number "23."

hondo
05-28-2010, 03:59 AM
My replies don't count.

eg8r
05-28-2010, 07:19 AM
No one is perfect and you should not be judging others.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one is perfect and you should not be judging others.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, You aren't juddging him right now? You think you don't make value judgments about others, yourself?

We all judge others, Ed, and you do as well.

G. </span>

eg8r
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
No, I am offering advice.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-28-2010, 10:28 AM
<span style="color: #000066">You aren't actually trying to say that you do not judge others? Are you?

G. </span>

eg8r
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
What I said was that I was not judging hondo, I was offering him advice. Do I judge people, sure, like qtip the village idiot. Is it wrong, yep and I try harder every day to not do it.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I see a huge error in my formula.....if anyone makes multiple replies the result will always then be less then 1.
It's probably why I am not teaching math. Oh well, back to the drawing board.....
I was going to begin working again on Fermet's last equation, but see that Andrew Miles...who he? has already proved it and in 1994....and nobody bothered to tell me????

Gayle in MD
05-29-2010, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I said was that I was not judging hondo, I was offering him advice. Do I judge people, sure, like qtip the village idiot. Is it wrong, yep and I try harder every day to not do it.

eg8r </div></div>

You're really completely delusional. You don't just judge Q., you insult him. Your constant insults of Q., offend me, even if Q., doesn't give a damn about your constant insults, as I know he doesn't.
He has proven himself to be very well informed, something that completely escapes you, and several others on here.

You'd do well to pay attention to everything he writes. You could learn a lot from him. I know that I have.

G.

hondo
05-29-2010, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one is perfect and you should not be judging others.

eg8r </div></div>

I did not judge. Simply made an observation.

hondo
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I felt what was said needed to be said.
My name is Hondo and I approve of this message.
Not judging, observing.
Feel free to defend them if you can.

Gayle in MD
05-29-2010, 12:14 PM
If he doessn't know the difference between a comment, and a propagation, how the hell could he know the difference between judging and observing.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
05-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I fear you are losing your battle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
I am glad I dont have to worry about all this Christian stuff.

eg8r
05-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Which battle is that? The one where you always think you are right?

eg8r

eg8r
05-29-2010, 08:46 PM
LOL, I guess after having the definition you still do not know how to use the word. Oh well, what is that saying about old dogs?

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-29-2010, 08:51 PM
not sure why you think Q is an idiot....just because he agrees to disagree with you?
That sure ain't my take on him.

wolfdancer
05-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I observe the dictum "judge not lest ye be judged"...but dispensing advice like say "STFU"....that is a different story
Ed's advice sounds a little like judging....but WTF do I know?

Qtec
05-30-2010, 03:09 AM

eg8r </div></div>Like you don't judge! Gasp.......you do it all the time.

Q

LWW
05-30-2010, 04:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a rarity on these forums</div></div>

I agree with you to that point.

LWW

hondo
05-30-2010, 05:40 AM
One can always tell a good thread when the accussed have nothing to counter.

pooltchr
05-30-2010, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I observe the dictum "judge not lest ye be judged"...but dispensing advice like say "STFU"....that is a different story
Ed's advice sounds a little like judging....but WTF do I know? </div></div>

Wow!!! How many times have I seen you and granny dispense that exact same "advice"????

Steve

hondo
05-30-2010, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I observe the dictum "judge not lest ye be judged"...but dispensing advice like say "STFU"....that is a different story
Ed's advice sounds a little like judging....but WTF do I know? </div></div>

Wow!!! How many times have I seen you and granny dispense that exact same "advice"????

Steve </div></div>

IMHO, saying WTF to STFU makes me think WTF. Why not just STFU?

wolfdancer
05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
is this a quiz? Anything like "Cash Cab"?

wolfdancer
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
WTF STFU means to me is.....it's like shorthand for:
getting up out of my chair,going to the window. Opening it, and sticking my head out, and yelling...
'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'
See... Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' You've got to say..... STFU !!!
I feel better now, that we have had this conversation....lol

hondo
05-30-2010, 03:10 PM
LMFAO! TY.

LWW
05-30-2010, 03:42 PM
You two are still puzzled by "SQUARE PEG FITS SQUARE HOLE, ROUND PEG FITS ROUND HOLE ... SQUARE PEG WON'T FIT ROUND HOLE, ROUND PEG WON'T FIT SQUARE HOLE" ... but, hope springs eternal.

LWW