PDA

View Full Version : Plug The Oil Leak With Tampons, Seriously

Sid_Vicious
05-28-2010, 08:54 PM
OK I worked in the feminine hygiene industry for years some time ago, and I wondered today...why not flood the BOT with tampons? We used to toss dumpsters of them away, but if you were to inject them in mass quantity into this BOT in a vacuum within a none moisture state until inside the BOT(sounds familiar girls?), barrels of them, tampons would stop those leaks. Beats the F out of golf balls. sid

pooltchr
05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
You may be on to something. Not sure about the tampons, but those cans of foam insulation that expands when you inject it into a crack in wood (or whatever) might offer some possibilities.

Steve

LWW
05-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm really biting my tongue on this topic.

LWW

hondo
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really biting my tongue on this topic.

LWW </div></div>

I'd rather you bit your fingers. Perhaps some good would come of this.

wolfdancer
05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
As the Brits would say....
"it sounds like a bloody good idea, mate" !!!

cushioncrawler
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM
The Banks fukked the people. Now BP the environment.
If the usofa iz in danger of bekumming the asshole of the universe, then i suggest a butt-plug.
madMac.

wolfdancer
05-29-2010, 07:50 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
05-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Just think about Kimberly Clark's stock ticker when the digital(finger apps), CIT(comfort insertion tube apps) barrels of tampons actually stopped the flow. Simple pads would not do the job, well...maybe Maxi Pads, like they were made in the pioneer days of feminine hygiene would. They'd have to also allow for the strings to dangle so BP could yank those suckers out when they wanted to pummel the hole again, i.e. screw our wetlands even more ;-) sid

Sev
05-29-2010, 08:25 PM
The basic fault of this debacle lays with the government.
Not Obama. But the government in general.
If it were not bowing to the environmentalist pressure there would have been no deep horizon drilling as there is a wealth off oil located in areas that are safer and much more accessible.

I still believe this was sabotage.

Sev
05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Nuking it may be the only viable option.

Sid_Vicious
05-29-2010, 08:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nuking it may be the only viable option. </div></div>

That gets my vote, and besides...it would be gratifying to know all those money grubbing jokers wanting to preserve the hole they drilled, would finally have to cringe and not be so damned arrogant.

We know how to seal off that portal to the sea of oil beneath, lite it up with serious nuclear, searing heat and be done with it. I'll bet you LWW's left nut that it would work, first time, or the second at best. sid

Qtec
05-30-2010, 12:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Experts Propose Plugging Oil Leak with BP Executives</span>

Submerging Execs Could Be 'Win-Win'

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – At a conference of oil leak experts in Washington today, attendees proposed plugging the massive oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico with executives of BP, the company responsible for the catastrophic spill.

“We’ve tried containment domes, rubber tires, and even golf balls,” said William Cathermeyer of the National Oil Leakage Institute, a leading consultancy in the field of oil leaks. “Now it’s time to shove some BP executives down there and hope for the best.”

Submerging the oil company executives thousands of feet below the ocean’s surface could be a “win-win” situation, Mr. Cathermeyer said.

“Best-case scenario, they plug the leak,” he said. “And at the very least, they’ll shut the f--k up.”

But even as the oil leak experts proposed their unorthodox solution, environmental expert Marilyn Sufranski warned of the possible negative consequences of plugging the oil leak with BP executives.

“The Gulf of Mexico is slimy enough already,” she said. </div></div>

I like this idea.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Forget that, I think about 60% of our Congress would do the job just fine!!!

Steve

Sev
05-30-2010, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nuking it may be the only viable option. </div></div>

That gets my vote, and besides...it would be gratifying to know all those money grubbing jokers wanting to preserve the hole they drilled, would finally have to cringe and not be so damned arrogant.

We know how to seal off that portal to the sea of oil beneath, lite it up with serious nuclear, searing heat and be done with it. I'll bet you LWW's left nut that it would work, first time, or the second at best. sid

</div></div>

Thats generous of you to be betting Larry's nuts on this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

However I think he is attached to them.

Sev
05-30-2010, 07:48 AM
This is a possible fix.
It was posted by a gentleman that works on a rig in the Gulf.

http://www.oilspillfix.com/downloads/BP_oil_spill_fix.pdf

LWW
05-30-2010, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a possible fix.
It was posted by a gentleman that works on a rig in the Gulf.

http://www.oilspillfix.com/downloads/BP_oil_spill_fix.pdf </div></div>

That makes entirely too much sense.

I'm not saying Obama caused the spill ... but it is a dream come true for the statists and anti capitalists. The regime, as well as BP and the Saudis and the Chinese whom Obama bows to, have a huge interest in this becoming as big of a problem as possible.

Here's how:

- The anti capitalists see America further deprived of the energy of industry.

- The regime gets an opening to nationalize the US oil industry, which it has already hinted at doing.

- BP sees north sea crude prices rise.

- The Saudis see their stock rise also.

- The Chinese move more aggressively into the gulf in our absence.

- The Brazilian off shore drilling becomes uber profitable ... which just so happens to be a project of George Soros and funded in part by the US taxpayer.

Meanwhile, the far left has shown an amazing willingness to lick the spoon of whatever explanations the regime provides ... combined with an abject fear of looking beyond the party's puffery.

LWW

hondo
05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nuking it may be the only viable option. </div></div>

</div></div>

However I think he is attached to them. </div></div>

???????????

wolfdancer
05-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I wonder if we could get extra gas mileage after cracking nuked oil?

Sid_Vicious
05-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Only his hairdresser knows for sure. Could be optional equipment. sid

Sev
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't trust anything but OEM parts. Optional is not an option to my way of thinking.