PDA

View Full Version : This is a PSA from LWW

LWW
05-31-2010, 06:18 AM
If you suffer from more than a couple of the symptoms on the following list, you are well on the way to psychological harm.

At 5 or more, I would consider you to be a sufferer of "MARTYR COMPLEX" and would advise that you seek appropriate counseling immediately.

For the rare full blown case, and I have encountered those who suffer from all 10 symptoms, very little can be done which doesn't involve medications along with psychiatric help.

Please, if you or someone you know is suffering from severe martyr complex ... seek help and quarantine the sufferer from society before they inflict even more mental pain and anguish upon either themselves or others.

This is a treatable malady, but the first step must be taken for any improvement to occur.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the most destructive behaviors in any relationship is the existence of someone with a martyr complex. As the definition from Wikipedia explains, a “person who has a ‘martyr complex’ desires the feeling of being a martyr for its own sake, seeking out suffering or persecution because it feeds a psychological need.” The characteristics of such persons include

- They have the need to be a victim and complain always and relentlessly.

- They take little initiative in trying to fixing any complaint.

- If any problem is solved, but in a different way than what they proposed, the problem still exists, as far as they are concerned.

- If any problem is solved according to their solution, they will find another problem to complain about.

- If any problem is solved, it is because they complained about it.

- They complain about problems that do not concern them in the least.

- They do not appreciate any good things being done.

- They lie and twist facts to prove their point.

- They selectively forget, ignore or avoid any facts that may conflict with their point.

- They resort to name-calling when everything else fails. </div></div>

My name is El Dub Dub ... and I approve of this message. (http://www.thoughtclusters.com/2007/06/the-martyr-complex/)

LWW

Sev
05-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Hmmmm. Let me think a moment.
Nope nope.

Ahhhhhh. Hmmmmm. Well it could b nah.

I don't believe I have ever run across anybody with this particular malady.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out though.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 01:41 AM
there must be an associated complex...how about the jerkoffs, that believe others are their victims....I am sincere about this....I really and truly believe you are psychotic and in need of help....
"I also serve"

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:14 AM
I don't know of anyonme who believes the sufferers are victims of anyone other than the sufferer.

Please, have someone literate read and explain it to you.

LWW

Sev
06-02-2010, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there must be an associated complex...how about the jerkoffs, that believe others are their victims....I am sincere about this....I really and truly believe you are psychotic and in need of help....
"I also serve" </div></div>

Really?

I'll have a Delmonico medium rare and a bottle Greg Norman Shiraz.

LWW
06-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I think his def of "SERVE" might be different from yours and mine.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
according to his oft claimed statements....
he makes both victims and martyrs of all those that dare oppose him. His preannounced plans for invading and taking over this site....was that he was going to put that ***** (Gayle) in her place. So far I and my fellow judges have her way ahead on points scored, but....it's only been "X" years, and he still may have something up his sleeve...besides the strings of his "handler"
I suspect he has a mild case of egomania, tempered only by the realization deep inside that he is a schmuck( you can look up that word, if you ain't familiar with it) ....and that being the case, he is fortunate to have a faithful few fearless followers
(the 4-F group) like you and JohnnyD....once these kind of people have to face reality, they often become suicidal. Think of it as though you are saving a life.

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Ya dont say?

hondo
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">according to his oft claimed statements....
he makes both victims and martyrs of all those that dare oppose him. His preannounced plans for invading and taking over this site....was that he was going to put that ***** (Gayle) in her place. So far I and my fellow judges have her way ahead on points scored, but....it's only been "X" years, and he still may have something up his sleeve...besides the strings of his "handler"
I suspect he has a mild case of egomania, tempered only by the realization deep inside that he is a schmuck( you can look up that word, if you ain't familiar with it) ....and that being the case, he is fortunate to have a faithful few fearless followers
(the 4-F group) like you and JohnnyD....once these kind of people have to face reality, they often become suicidal. Think of it as though you are saving a life. </div></div>

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!! BUT...
mild case of egomania???? What do you call major?
He's worse than Dick Cheney and Alexander Haig combined.

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 01:36 AM
actually, I did say.....but you knew that?

LWW
06-03-2010, 02:30 AM
You are quite daft, and quite dishonest in that post ... not that it matters to you.

As Q would say ... how about a link to back any of that up?

What's that?

You made it up?

LWW

Sev
06-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Knew what?

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM
that. That's what

Sev
06-03-2010, 01:32 PM
What's what???