PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day. Remembering Our Partriots.

Sev
05-31-2010, 07:46 AM
The American service men and women are the sword and shield that protect this nation and keep us safe while we lay our heads down to sleep. They serve in and under conditions that for the great many of us who have never served may never understand.

In the course of my life I have watched our service men and women be maligned at various times by individuals that do not see our soldiers as individual patriots who give freely of there treasure.
We often call it American Treasure, which to be sure in a sense it is. However when it comes down to the brass tacks it is an individual citizens treasure that is given freely to the ultimate sacrifice.
These are individual human beings that for reason of their own make a definitive decision that may often times take them into harms way and on many occasions return them home to their final destination and resting place.
History generally will not tell the tale of the individual soldier. Their individual sacrifices will go un-lauded in the papers and media. However their achievements are felt by each of us every day. We take much for granted in our nation. Our freedom and liberty among them. The same is sometimes true of the individuals that comprise our military.

Whether or not we agree with the politics of the day, the current mission or theater of operations we should always remember that the American fighting man and woman are also our mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters. At ever hour of the day somewhere in the world there is a member of our family who is standing post or engaged in an operation far from home and missing their loved ones. For some the thoughts of those loved ones will be the last they will know.

For those that survive them a simple melody will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Wherever it is heard across the breath and width of our nation is chords strike deeply into our souls and even those of us that have never served stand at attention. It is a dedication to all of those whom have sacrificed so that others would not have to.

Thank you my brothers and sisters for all that you have sacrificed.

Taps belongs to you and you alone.

Below is a tribute by John Wayne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3Fb...eature=related

LWW
05-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing that thought sir.

LWW

Sev
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
I was inspired by a story of a fallen soldier returning home.
It was posted by Asiasdad. I suggest reading it. It will stir the emotions.

The is really no adequate way of thanking our patriots.

Sev
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
The day is almost done.

Sleep well.

cushioncrawler
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Sev -- Someone shood tell the pentagon -- they hide the fallen away from cameras.
madMac.

Sev
06-01-2010, 05:43 AM
I believe that particular matter has been lifted and is now left in the hands of the individual families of the fallen.

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm still trying to figger out what a partriot is?
This was a great story from WWII, that changed the Navy regs, afterwards:
!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fighting_Sullivans)
If it weren't for us Irish Catholics, serving,during that war...who knows...we might all be driving Japanese cars, built with German steel...today. We might even have had a President with family ties to the Nazis

Sev
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Did you even bother reading what I wrote?

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Reading comprehension is nof his strong suit.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I was kidding you about the misspell..

Sev
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I figured that.