PDA

View Full Version : Bravo To Our Soldiers!

Gayle in MD
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
And I am proud to be a member of the party, the Democratic Party, who worked so hard to provide better financial aid to our Veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, and their families, in spite of the uncaring obstructionist Republicans, who voted against honoring them, with the decent treatment they so richly deserve.

I hope, going forward, that we will provide equal respect and rights to all who serve our country, without discriminating against gays, and women.

Still shocked that Republicans, and the RW Activist Supreme Court, voted against allowing a woman who was gang raped, and held prisoner by Bush's no bid contractors, to have her rightful day in court.

UnAmerican, and inhumane, but then Republicans support human torture, something that our country in days of honor lost, before Nixon, before Reagan, before Bush I & II, condemned in the Geneva Conventions, decades ago.

We have much to recover from in our national loss of honor. Thankfully, we have one party who understands America's promises, and how important it is for our country to remain a country of honor, and human rights, and to show it through decent attention to the living Vets, as well as those who gave the last full measure of devotion.

G.

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Veterans day is November 11th.
Today is Memorial Day.

Steve

Sev
05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Dam I missed the entire summer!!! The Rip Van winkle effect???
Falls coming.

Funny your not the first person that I have seen confuse the holidays.

Sev
05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I am proud to be a member of the party, the Democratic Party, who worked so hard to provide better financial aid to our Veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, and their families, in spite of the uncaring obstructionist Republicans, who voted against honoring them, with the decent treatment they so richly deserve.

I hope, going forward, that we will provide equal respect and rights to all who serve our country, without discriminating against gays, and women.

Still shocked that Republicans, and the RW Activist Supreme Court, voted against allowing a woman who was gang raped, and held prisoner by Bush's no bid contractors, to have her rightful day in court.

UnAmerican, and inhumane, but then Republicans support human torture, something that our country in days of honor lost, before Nixon, before Reagan, before Bush I & II, condemned in the Geneva Conventions, decades ago.

We have much to recover from in our national loss of honor. Thankfully, we have one party who understands America's promises, and how important it is for our country to remain a country of honor, and human rights, and to show it through decent attention to the living Vets, as well as those who gae the last full measure of devotion.

G. </div></div>

And why is it that you cant just say thank you to our patriots???

Is it really necessary to politicize it? It gives the impression that your thanking our fighting men and women is disingenuous and nothing but a staging ground to further your political agenda.

Its not appropriate behavior in my opinion.

Sev
05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Pretty quick to change that title huh??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Is it really necessary to politicize it? It gives the impression that your thanking our fighting men and women is disingenuous and nothing but a staging ground to further your political agenda.

</div></div>

Very typical behavior from the left. They claim they care about our military, but the truth is, those heros are little more than pawns to be used in their political game.

I think this is probably one of the most disgusting posts I have ever read. As a vet, I see her attitude as no better than those who spit on the soldiers when they returned from Viet Nam.

Jane Fonda would be proud.

Steve

Sev
05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Well I for one dont understand it.

I expected to see a post lauding our troops. Instead I see self praise about being part of a particular political party which then goes on to bash another political party.

All I came away with is I, I, I, Me, Me, Me, Them, Them, Them.

Well Memorial Day is not about you or I. It is about our patriots. It is about all those who have served. It is about all those that have fallen in the belief that they were serving the common good of both American and to some extent the world.

For an individual that spends so much time volunteering at Walter Reid, to post this type of tripe is unconscionable.

There are plenty of other days in the year to point fingers at the failings of our government representatives to properly address the many issues concerning our soldier.

That day is not today.

sack316
05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Sorry G, but the content of this one should be in two separate threads.

Memorial Day is a day to honor those that have died in war in service to us. No need to politicize or controvert that portion of it. A simple thought and a tip of the cap to those fallen heroes would suffice just fine. We can all bicker, whine, and complain again tomorrow.

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-31-2010, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry G, but the content of this one should be in two separate threads.

Memorial Day is a day to honor those that have died in war in service to us. No need to politicize or controvert that portion of it. A simple thought and a tip of the cap to those fallen heroes would suffice just fine. We can all bicker, whine, and complain again tomorrow.

Sack </div></div>

I don't agree with you about that. I think that shining a light on those who deny better treatment and financial support for those who are currently serving, and their families, and the appreciation they deserve, is appropriate at any time.

We can't do much to help those we've lost, but there are plenty of things we can do right now, that would make a difference to those who came home, after making sacrifices which have changed their lives forever.

It's important to be aware of how often Republicans are all for sendng out youth to fight in wars, particularly a war of choice, and just as aware of how Republican vote to treat them when they finally come home.

G.

Sev
05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
I guess I am back on ignore again even though I was being courteous.

I am glad someone else has a similar feeling about this as I.

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 12:00 PM
It's ok, Sev. Those people some of us are honoring today, gave their lives so others would have the freedom to trample on their memory by using this one day for political reasons.

It says an awful lot about some people's character, or lack thereof.

Steve

hondo
05-31-2010, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Is it really necessary to politicize it? It gives the impression that your thanking our fighting men and women is disingenuous and nothing but a staging ground to further your political agenda.

</div></div>

Very typical behavior from the left.

Steve </div></div>

LMFAO! Why not just paste that comment and use it as a response
for your every post?

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Is it really necessary to politicize it? It gives the impression that your thanking our fighting men and women is disingenuous and nothing but a staging ground to further your political agenda.

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

for your every post? </div></div>

And so is yours. Rather than publically admit that Gayle was wrong to post her comments, you say nothing, and go on the attack.
You are no better than her. Happy Memorial Day to you too! (Or is that Veteran's day?) Some of us know the difference!
I think I'm going to be sick!

Steve

Sev
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
You know Hondo, as a veteran I would have thought you would have taken exception to the style of the post.

hondo
05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Hondo, as a veteran I would have thought you would have taken exception to the style of the post. </div></div>

I started a new thread.

Sev
05-31-2010, 01:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Hondo, as a veteran I would have thought you would have taken exception to the style of the post. </div></div>

I started a new thread. </div></div>

I saw that and commented.
Its very appropriate.

LWW
05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Is it really necessary to politicize it? It gives the impression that your thanking our fighting men and women is disingenuous and nothing but a staging ground to further your political agenda.

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

for your every post? </div></div>

And so is yours. Rather than publically admit that Gayle was wrong to post her comments, you say nothing, and go on the attack.
You are no better than her. Happy Memorial Day to you too! (Or is that Veteran's day?) Some of us know the difference!
I think I'm going to be sick!

Steve </div></div>

And this surprises you why?

Truth be told ... the far left despises our military and everything they stand for and sacrifice for.

LWW

hondo
05-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh, absolutely, dud. Only the Right has ever served in the military.

Your petty comments trash the memory of every one of my friends and family who died in war.
But, what should I expect from you?
Your G.I. Joe action figures always live to fight another day, don't they, dud?
BTW, any libs in your toy box? Silly me! Of course not! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

wolfdancer
05-31-2010, 02:06 PM
several of my Democratic, extended family served in combat, my father, stepfather, uncles....but then none served on the front lines in Dayton ( "I also serve" )....
It's a dishonor to the memories of all those who lost their lives, or suffered terrible injuries, in wartime....to try and politicize their sacrifice.
BUT....WTF else can you expect from him ?

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a dishonor to the memories of all those who lost their lives, or suffered terrible injuries, in wartime....to try and politicize their sacrifice.
BUT....WTF else can you expect from him ? </div></div>

So you can condemn him for doing the same thing that you let slide by the person who started the thread???

Or do those same sentiments apply to her as well???

Steve

hondo
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Even from him that was particularly sleazy.
He has no shame.

hondo
05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a dishonor to the memories of all those who lost their lives, or suffered terrible injuries, in wartime....to try and politicize their sacrifice.

So you can condemn him for doing the same thing that you let slide by the person who started the thread???

Or do those same sentiments apply to her as well???

Steve </div></div>

Do you condemn him for his comments? I haven't seen it yet.
What a hypocrite! Man up, Steve.
For him to say that sh*t on Memorial Day is particularly galling.

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 02:51 PM
You can't play that game. You have had plenty of time, if you were really offended by someone using Memorial (not Veterans Day yet) Day for politics, and said nothing. Obviously, you were not offended until someone you don't like said something.

Also, he didn't start an entire thread with the purpose of promoting the Democrap party at the expense of those who have given their lives for this country. In reading both hers and his posts, I think one, while possibly not in the best of taste, hardly approaches the intent of the OP to be truely disgusting.

Your failure to take a stand against her when you had the opportunity says something.

Not to mention, the fact that she doesn't know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day suggests that she probably considers it just another one of those long weekend holidays because of the military. Maybe we should come up with a new term for them....how about "Fly-over holidays"??

Say what you will, but IMO, she showed us all her true colors, and I see who is offended and speaking out, and who is remaining silent.

Steve

Sev
05-31-2010, 03:17 PM
A little more tact would have been more appropriate while making the same point.

wolfdancer
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
you dare question, or reprove Monty? Do you not fear being removed from his "A" list?
"Heads will roll"

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you dare question, or reprove Monty? Do you not fear being removed from his "A" list?
"Heads will roll" </div></div>

You might think that, just as you failed to voice any displeasure at your girlfriend's thoughtless post that started this whole thread. I'm sure you worry about getting on her black list.

I can't speak for Sev, but I doubt if he is any more concerned about being on anyone's "A" list than I am.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-31-2010, 05:37 PM
stop butting into my private conversations.....your post makes little sense, but in your usual haste to insult me, that is understandable...
Unlike you, I don't believe my bodily wastes are not malodorous, and I don't waste(hmmm, is that a pun?) all my time trying to "correct" others. Try AZB...all the posts are PC, and none by the "left" are allowed.
Sure sounds like you are speaking for Sev....why else would you make claims for him?
I also don't remember mentioning "you", or any list that you are on....so why would you include any mention of you?????
I think you troll myself and Gayle....because...you want the attention?

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you troll myself and Gayle....because...you want the attention?
</div></div>

Why is it, every time you try to think, you end up being wrong?

Steve

hondo
05-31-2010, 07:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little more tact would have been more appropriate while making the same point. </div></div>

Thank you.

LWW
06-01-2010, 04:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">several of my Democratic, extended family served in combat, my father, stepfather, uncles....but then none served on the front lines in Dayton ( "I also serve" )....
It's a dishonor to the memories of all those who lost their lives, or suffered terrible injuries, in wartime....to try and politicize their sacrifice.

Where did I say democrat?

What's that?

I didn't?

Now ... why don't you chastise G and yourself who have both politicized this?

What's that?

Sock puppets don't question their masters?

LWW

LWW
06-01-2010, 04:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, absolutely, dud. Only the Right has ever served in the military.</div></div>

Can you show me where I said that?

What's that?

I didn't actually say that?

You made it up to politicize it so that you could denounce others who supposedly politicized it when they were merely pointing out the far left's politicization of the issue?

Whooda thunkitt?

LWW

LWW
06-01-2010, 04:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little more tact would have been more appropriate while making the same point. </div></div>

In a forum not swarming with trolls that might be true.

The comment brought out the liars and twisters in all their glory.

What is so funny is that they spend so much time insisting that they aren't part of the far left ... laughably claiming to be middle of the road and mainstream in their thinking ... yet they are so deeply cut to the boine by any comment about the far left.

To clarify for those who are challenged by the concept that words mean things ... of course many on the left have served honorably.

That doesn't change the fact that the far left in America wraps themselves in the glory of our fallen heroes only to cast them aside as used stage props when the agenda calls for it.

Witness the non mention of the death toll under dearest leader ... witness prior to Obama they nominated a confessed war criminal for POTUS and presented him as a war hero. Witness that before that they nominated a wimp who went through VN with a body guard while he manned his typewriter and before that they nominated a draft dodger.

Witness their defense of phony soldiers such as Jesse MacBeth and the current moron running for congress as a VN vet.

Nothing in my statement has been shown inaccurate, and if they choose to wrap themselves in the far left fold so be it.

LWW

hondo
06-01-2010, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, absolutely, dud. Only the Right has ever served in the military.</div></div>

What's that?

You made it up to politicize it so that you could denounce others who supposedly politicized it when they were merely pointing out the far left's politicization of the issue?

Whooda thunkitt?

LWW </div></div>

"Truth be told ... the far left despises our military and everything they stand for and sacrifice for."

LWW

dud considers me "far left."
He says I despise our military and everything they stand and sacrifice for.
I'll put my sacrifices against his any day.
My family on both sides have served in every war from the Civil War through Nam.
My son-in-law was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, dud plays with his G.I. Joes and types out hate against those of us who think differently than him.

Deny all you want, dud. I knew what you meant and so did everyone else except apparently Steve.

hondo
06-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Good old dud. Working 24/7 typing out hate for the American cause. What a patriot!

LWW
06-01-2010, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good old dud. Working 24/7 typing out hate for the American cause. What a patriot! </div></div>

What a troll.

You despise freedom, oppose liberty, oppose everything the COTUS stands for, worship at the altar of the state, and then act as if you love it all.

LWW

Gayle in MD
06-01-2010, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, absolutely, dud. Only the Right has ever served in the military.</div></div>

What's that?

Whooda thunkitt?

LWW </div></div>

"Truth be told ... the far left despises our military and everything they stand for and sacrifice for."

LWW

dud considers me "far left."
He says I despise our military and everything they stand and sacrifice for.
I'll put my sacrifices against his any day.
My family on both sides have served in every war from the Civil War through Nam.
My son-in-law was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, dud plays with his G.I. Joes and types out hate against those of us who think differently than him.

Deny all you want, dud. I knew what you meant and so did everyone else except apparently Steve. </div></div>

What else can we expect, from the deniers....neither of them approaches any subject with anything but ridiculous untrue accusatons.

Just reading the titles of what they write, is proof enough of that much. They think can remain on full attack against Liberals, and Obama, but we're not supposed to write those same sort of posts about the mealey mouthed, phoney, incompetent, disgusting Republican Party, the party of "Mess everyting up, lie their way out, block all the investigation, politicize the department of Justice, us it for a political tool against Democratics, and to protect their own crfooks, and then block everything that could solve qll orf the disastrous consequences of Little Bushy and his Blank check congress, thier incompetence, their illegal activities, their crooked intentions, and their irresponsible spending of choice!

Ditto, nearly every uncle and many cousins served, on both sides, of my family.

It isn't politicizing anything, to continue to point out the disgraceful way Republicans have voted against aid for our troops, throughout both campaigns in the Middle East.

In fact, this is the perfect time, as we are honoring our dead soldiers, who have made the last full measure of devotion, that America must stay alert to those un-necessary losses, and to the Military Industrial Complex, which still has not been fully exposed, nor focused upon, by Americans.

Unless and until we restore the draft, we will continue to send soldiers to the battlefield, for questionable purposes, and any lying POS President, like Bush, can use them for evil purposes, to stimulate the economy, to settle a family grudge, to fill the pockets of the Oil Indistry, which is exactly who ran the White HOuse for eight years. Kenn Lay, was the person who pulled together all of thoes considered for oversight agencies. How much more curropt can one administration be?

America garnered no value, whatsoever, from invading Iraq. The reverse is the result. It is absolutely insane, to destroy the lives of our youth, lose more people than we lost on 9/11, and many more left maimed for life, by invading a country that was completely disconnected from anything that happened on that tragic day.

Between the voting records of the Republicans, in failing to fully support our troops when they come home, and the way I saw them treat the families, survivors of the 9/11 tragedy, when they sought a complete investigation, of that tragedy, I would never vote for a Republcan! NEVER! Just knowing that Bush did everything in his power to prevent the investigation, is proof of his dishonesty, and his intention to cover up hiw own lies.

We actually never fully accomplished, an investigation of Bush's vast incompetence, and disregard for warnings, refusing to respond or give any attention to the unprecedented warnings, and his failure to take any actions to prevent 9/11, then he gets his daddy's cronies, to block him from having to answer for it. The 9/11 investigation was nothing but a whitewash.

I am never going to stop reminding people that Bush sent those kids to war on lies, and he and his party treated them extremely poorly, when they came home.

Americans should never forget that, nor should they ever stand silent, as information emerges which proves that any administration has fixed the intellilgence, to suit their agenda, or worked in secret to support radicals, like REagan, and both Bush's were guilty of doing, and all in the interests of filling the pockets of their cronies, corporate interests, mixed with the Military Industrial Complex.

No Patriot would be willing to overlook or deny all of the facts of W., facts which have absolutely been proven!

G.

Sev
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Reminding people is one thing.

Trampling on our fallen while doing so is quite another.

By doing so you do them a disservice.

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ditto, nearly every uncle and many cousins served, on both sides, of my family.

G. </div></div>

On which side were they fighting??????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-01-2010, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reminding people is one thing.

Trampling on our fallen while doing so is quite another.

By doing so you do them a disservice. </div></div>

I dont usually read your posts, and I will be putting you back on ignore right after I write this one.

there is no one on this forum, who spend the time erving our troops, and our vets, that I spend. I have done so for over fifty years, and I will continue to defend them, when there is an administration, or a political party, that does not support their needs.

You are totally twisting my words, and my intentions, but then, you have been on attack, since you came here. I have never, and would never show anything but respect for our troops. What I find interesting is thsoe who pretend to be so patriotic, while they have defended the president, and the party, which has shown the most disregard for the plight of our troops, and our veterans.

I intend to write about that whenever I wish. Your attempt to add some disgrace, to my efforts to defend them, and to continue to attack those who have failed them, is of no consequence to me. I am clear on my intenstions, and my intentions are completely appropriate, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, go your own way....stop stalking my posts, as I have no intention of ever responding to you again,

Gayle in Md.

Sev
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I have not said you should not speak out at all or made any negative remarks about your fine contributions to our troops. I happen to agree with you that our government has a long history of shortchanging our troops.

All I am pointing is a matter of propriety.

I am saying it is the manner in which you approached the matter was inappropriate at that moment in time.

I really don't understand how Gayle cant see what I am getting at.

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Where were you in 69-70?
Despise freedom, huh?
You're too pathetic to even respond to.

LWW
06-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Junior high school.

LWW

Sev
06-02-2010, 05:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Junior high school.

LWW </div></div>

HAHAHAAH!!!

I didnt expect that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
06-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Hondo may well have been a different person in 1969 ... I suppose he was, and I have stated before that I appreciate his service.

LWW

hondo
06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Junior high school.

LWW </div></div>

HAHAHAAH!!!

I didnt expect that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I did.

hondo
06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo may well have been a different person in 1969 ... I suppose he was, and I have stated before that I appreciate his service.

LWW </div></div>

Nope. Same person. I would have seen you as just as big an asshole back then.

I've lived the life, dud.
I'm sorry I didn't turn out to be a gun-toten, raging megalomaniac, card-carryin rabid right-winger like a couple of your buddies on AZ.
But at least they were there and base their opinions on something more tangible than talk show dogma.

I have never just blindly swallowed the kool-ade, dud.
I didn't want to go back then and neither did most of my friends.
And I explained in my little auto-bi why I stayed around for a
2nd tour. It wasn't all that patriotic.

It's a shame you missed Nam and Desert Storm and Iraq and Afghanistan, dud.
From your postings it sounds like YOU might have enjoyed it.
Oh, well, you're still doing your part by bashing those who disagree with you 24/7 on the Net.

God Bless America, bro.

hondo
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo may well have been a different person in 1969 ... I suppose he was, and I have stated before that I appreciate his service.

LWW </div></div>

I sincerely hope you were a different person in '69.
But I have my doubts.

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 03:38 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
bbbbbuuutttm bbuuttt,....he "appreciates your service", and don't
forget he "also serves".
I think it would be a fine gesture on your part, to extend your deepest appreciation and admiration, to him, for his great personal sacrifice, and "partrism"

hondo
06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, absolutely, dud. Only the Right has ever served in the military.</div></div>

What's that?

Whooda thunkitt?

LWW </div></div>

LOL! Hoist by thine own petar!

hondo
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bbbbbuuutttm bbuuttt,....he "appreciates your service", and don't
forget he "also serves".
I think it would be a fine gesture on your part, to extend your deepest appreciation and admiration, to him, for his great personal sacrifice, and "partrism" </div></div>

John Milton. 1608–1674

318. On His Blindness

WHEN I consider how my light is spent
E're half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide,
Lodg'd with me useless, though my Soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present 5
My true account, least he returning chide,
Doth God exact day-labour, light deny'd,
I fondly ask; But patience to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts, who best 10
Bear his milde yoak, they serve him best, his State
Is Kingly. Thousands at his bidding speed
And post o're Land and Ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and waite.

They also serve who only sit and type. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't know John Milton was blind...and looking it up...at age 43.....sad!!

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You made it up to politicize it so that you could denounce others who supposedly politicized it when they were merely pointing out the far left's politicization of the issue?
</div></div>
Soon as I figure out what was being said there, I'll comment on it.
That followed a one man conversation he seemed to be having with himself:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you show me where I said that?

What's that?

</div></div>
Well, I had the same problem when we studied Shakespeare. After reading a chaper, the teacher had to explain what it was that we read. Sort of like an art docent , 'splaining why we should like a painting. I don't think anybody could esplain Picasso....but I kind of liked his Blue Period art.
I was going to post a picture of the Old Guitarist here....but my eye caught the poem underneath it:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The man bent over his guitar,
A shearsman of sorts. The day was green.

They said, “You have a blue guitar,
You do not play things as they are.”

The man replied, “Things as they are
Are changed upon the blue guitar.”

</div></div>
You don't suppose lww and Steve play the blue guitar?
And googling the Bard....it looks like the old joke about Bill and Bacon, is passe. The latest theory is that the
17th earl of Oxford, Edward de Vere, was the ghost writer

hondo
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know John Milton was blind...and looking it up...at age 43.....sad!!
</div></div>

He dictated Paradise Lost while blind to his daughters who wrote it down if I remember right.
It's been a few years since I retired and I have CRS bad.

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I did read about the dictation....but don't know what CRS.
Didn't know what it were, but thanks to my friend Mr. Google...I narowed it down to child rebel soldier, the controlled release society, and can't remember shinola....

An alert has been issued for CRS:
Bullish Moving Average Crossover Alert for Carpenter Technology ... ‎ - 2 hours ago

Based on the pivot points, the current support and resistance levels for CRS are 37.04 and 39.25 respectively
(you should have posted yesterday...up 2.26 today...I would have mortgaged the house and placed it all on CRS)

hondo
06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, I definitely can't remember sh*t. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif