PDA

View Full Version : Republican, Mark Kirk Caught Lying About Award

Gayle in MD
05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ryan Grim
ryan@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting
Become a Fan Get Email Alerts from this Reporter

Footage Of Illinois Senate Candidate Mark Kirk Making False Military Claim Surfaces (VIDEO)
Rep. Mark Kirk's (R-Il.) false claim that he was named the Navy Intelligence Officer of the Year in the late 1990's was made at a committee hearing before the YouTube era began, but the long arm of C-SPAN can reach back and bring it up as if it happened yesterday.

What is striking about Rep. Kirk's assertion in the video is that it appears scripted and thought out, which belies Kirk's recent defense that the false claim on his website -- that was only removed last week after a Washington Post investigation -- regarding the award was little more than an administrative oversight.

At the very beginning of Kirk's testimony, he makes the claim, which he has since confessed is false: "I've been in office just one year. Before that I was a Navy Reserve Intelligence Officer--was the Navy's Intelligence Officer of the Year in 1998," Kirk said in a March 2002 House committee hearing.

In today's politics, such transgressions seem to gain currency only when there is video evidence that can be played and replayed. Indeed, George Allen may be the Republican Senator from Virginia today if he had not been captured on video referring to a young man in the audience at a campaign event as "Makaka."

Kirk has been combative in his defense of his past statement, citing a 1999 "Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal" that he was awarded. The medal, however, is not the highest award that can be bestowed on an intelligence officer and is not given only to one officer.

Kirk, a Republican, is running a tight race against Democrat Alexi Giannoulias for an Illinois Senate seat.

Kirk also cited the fact that his unit was given the United States Navy Vice Admiral Rufus L. Taylor Intelligence Award. In an email to supporters, Kirk claimed that it was his work that led to the unit receiving the award.

From his statement to supporters: "The Giannoulias provided story inaccurately portrays then-LCDR Kirk as just one intelligence officer attached to one Navy squadron. In fact, as the official citation for Mr. Kirk's Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal clearly states: '...while serving as aviation intelligence officer for Electronic Attack Squadron Two Zero Nine from 10 April to 6 June 1999...He took charge of four deployed squadron's intelligence assets and personnel and forged them into an outstanding intelligence shop.' It was this work that won the nomination and selection of the United States Navy Vice Admiral Rufus L. Taylor Intelligence Award."

WATCH:

Click here: Footage Of Illinois Senate Candidate Mark Kirk Making False Military Claim Surfaces (VIDEO) </div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/31/mark-kirk-military-record_n_595259.html

pooltchr
05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Of course, we don't know of any Democrats who recently lied about serving in Viet Nam....or did we just have that story on "Total Ignore"????

Steve

Sev
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Still a real dumb exaggeration.
However his service is a matter of record.

LWW
05-31-2010, 01:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still a real dumb exaggeration.
However his service is a matter of record. </div></div>

Agreed.

LWW

LWW
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course, we don't know of any Democrats who recently lied about serving in Viet Nam....or did we just have that story on "Total Ignore"????

Steve </div></div>

Don't expect a partisan tool to have anything remotely resembling a desire for anything less than a double standard.

LWW

wolfdancer
05-31-2010, 05:11 PM
I think he just made a spelling error....
He meant to say he was the recipient of the Dufus Award, not the Rufus one.

Gayle in MD
06-01-2010, 10:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he just made a spelling error....
He meant to say he was the recipient of the Dufus Award, not the Rufus one. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

And like a good Republican, an oxymoran, of course, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif, he's still out there denying what everyone already knows.

Unbelievable. The right thinks they need only reverse the facts, and everyone will just jump on their bus.

Nubjos!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
G.

LWW
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he just made a spelling error....
He meant to say he was the recipient of the Dufus Award, not the Rufus one. </div></div>

And like a good Republican, an oxymoran, of course, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif, he's still out there denying what everyone already knows.

Unbelievable. The right thinks they need only reverse the facts, and everyone will just jump on their bus.

Nubjos!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
G. </div></div>

I guess he should have been doing the hazardous duty of manning a TOYS FOR TOTS stand ... or picketing his government in Moscow ... like a good demokook does.

As Q would say ... what a bunch of hypocrites.

I'll e the first to say that the idjit running for congress and this guy should both pay a price for their lies.

Would you join me in that Gayle?

What's that?

Of course you won't?

I didn't think so.

LWW

eg8r
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
There is no excuse for lying.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no excuse for lying.

eg8r </div></div>

Regardless of the letter behind the name!
(Unless it's a (D) and you're lying about sex!)

Steve

LWW
06-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Gayle, Q, W, S, anyone in on calling both of them out?

I didn't think so.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
we don't follow your directives here...maybe you have this site confused with some of the other 10 or so, under your leadership???

LWW
06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we don't follow your directives here... </div></div>

Of course not.

You take your orders only from dearest leader.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 06:29 PM
you got it. Barack phones me personally every nite

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Oh, you aren't that high up.

He delegates through several underlings before it reaches your den.

LWW

Qtec
06-03-2010, 12:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you got it. Barack phones me personally every nite </div></div>

LOL

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he's still out there denying what everyone already knows. </div></div>

That he is gay?

Q... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif .......... Richard Blumenthal (D)?

Qtec
06-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Rachel explains.
link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/node/37457)

Q

LWW
06-03-2010, 02:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, Q, W, S, anyone in on calling both of them out?

I didn't think so.

LWW </div></div>

None of you?

As Q would say ... what a bunch of hypocrites.

LWW

Gayle in MD
06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he's still out there denying what everyone already knows. </div></div>

That he is gay?

Q... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif .......... Richard Blumenthal (D)? </div></div>

pooltchr
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Ever notice how the lefties will refuse to directly respond to a question, and then pat each other on the back for how well the dodge and weave their way around it???

Steve

Qtec
06-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Did you watch my link? Obviously not because R Maddow nails it.

One guys 'crime' is to have said "in" instead of 'during'.

The other guy claimed an award he never received and used that lie to further his political career...until he got found out.

You decide what's worse.

Q

LWW
06-04-2010, 03:45 AM
If that's the party line I guess I can't expect you to do anything other than to repeat it ... despite it's total lack of resembling reality.

LWW

pooltchr
06-04-2010, 05:27 AM
I was in the Army <u>IN</u> Viet Nam.
I was in the Army <u>DURING</u> Viet Nam.

Those are two very different statements.

Steve

Qtec
06-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Its called, "stop being a screaming little girl" and try using some common sense.

Q