PDA

View Full Version : Gore Divorce

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I guess Tipper's carbon footprint is to big for him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100601/ap_on_re_us/us_gore_separation

Steve

Sev
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I am sure it will be an energy star divorce.

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe there wasn't enough global warming between the sheets!

Steve

eg8r
06-01-2010, 12:25 PM
This is a shame. 40 years is a long time to just walk away from someone you loved.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 12:32 PM
True. It is a shame. But can you imagine what it must have been like for her...being married to that POS for all those years????

Steve

Sev
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I see a tell all book in the near future.

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree, she will write one. Maybe we will finally find out how the internet was really invented!!

Steve

eg8r
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
It is just so hard to believe that after 40 years people choose divorce.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 02:27 PM
My cousin and his wife celebrated their 50th about a year ago. They say God tests us here on earth, and they are sure being tested right now...I doubt they could endure save for their deep love for each other.

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Gore's divorce is a personal tragedy, imo.....a true gentleman would not try to make light of that.

pooltchr
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
And you, I assume, consider yourself to be the poster boy for what a true gentleman is????

AlGore himself is pretty much of a joke. Anyone who thinks he invented the internet, or that our outdoor grills are changing the climate all over the world pretty much invites ridicule.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

I do, however, feel sorry for her.

eg8r
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, 50 is incredible, that is fantastic.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I have The Amy Vanderbilt "Complete Book of Etiquette" on my nightstand, and refer to it often. I don't want to be mistaken as some uncouth Bubba, so the answer to your question would be a resounding "yes!!!"
Just because you take issue with former V.P. Al Gore....you believe that gives you the right to ridicule him over some non-related , and in this instance, a very personal matter?
Why would I be surprised though....after the Gayle "incident"
I've been to Amy's house by the way.....toured both the Breakers and the Elms at Newport, R.I. ...which at onetime was the seat of society. The Breakers, I believe belonged to the Rockefellers, the Elms, the Vanderbilts.....both now donated to the Historical society. "Who Killed Society" by Cleveland Amory was an interesting read about those days....when 10% of the people, owned 90% of the wealth.....Sort of a Republican Utopia....

Deeman3
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM
It is a tragic thing when a couple married for 40 years splits up. I made it 27 on my first one and now 10 years on my second.

I don't want to make light of any couple's problems especially after so many years. No matter what I might think of him or his politics, anything like this is a shame. I hope it was just a mutual agreement as we have had enough "Bombshell Magees" show up lately.

LWW
06-01-2010, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gore's divorce is a personal tragedy, imo.....a true gentleman would not try to make light of that.
</div></div>

That's just precious after the litany of pile on threads about couples ... only those where an (R) follows their name BTW ... breaking up.

Yet you beg for understanding over the Gores while giving a pass to Clinton and Edwards.

As Q says ... what a bunch of hypocrites.

LWW

Sev
06-01-2010, 06:09 PM
You know some skeleton will jump out of the closet.
I've always pictured Al as sheep man myself with an occasional chicken thrown in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't recall begging for anything...idiot child?
I feel bad that a 40 year marriage is on the rocks, but don't think is is anybody's GD business to comment about it, especially you and steve. You don't like that, complain to the admin...
Only "small" people like you and Steve would try to use that to denigrate Al.

LWW
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Your opinion would have merit if you applied a single standard across the board.

I agree with your premise ... it's the double standards and hypocrisy I find objectionable, not that this will sink in on you because your handlers have told you what you believe and you lack the stones to ever question them.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-01-2010, 06:40 PM
another idiotic post, that belongs over on myspace.
It adds nothing intelligent to any discussion....
Now Ed and I will never be sharing a doobie, and we are at opposite ends politically, but his posts, tirades, make sense, and I can see where he is coming from. He would never write anything as childish as this post of yours, but that may be du jure, the standard bill of fare over on Brand X ?

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:10 AM
You like mirrors about as much as Vladimir Dracula.

LWW

Qtec
06-02-2010, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you, I assume, consider yourself to be the poster boy for what a true gentleman is????

AlGore himself is pretty much of a joke. Anyone who thinks he invented the internet, </div></div>"

Why would anyone ever think that? Al Gore NEVER claimed he 'invented the internet'. That's just ANOTHER of those GOP myths you believe.'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... pretty much invites ridicule.

Steve

</div></div>

yes, it does.

Q..check it out...use that google thingy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Don't bother,

Al Gore,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> During my service in the United States Congress, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.</span> </div></div>

Context sucks....eh?

Q

Sev
06-02-2010, 05:56 AM
It seems pretty clear to me.

Unfortunately IBM and others were already ahead of the curve.

LWW
06-02-2010, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you, I assume, consider yourself to be the poster boy for what a true gentleman is????

AlGore himself is pretty much of a joke. Anyone who thinks he invented the internet, </div></div>"

Why would anyone ever think that? Al Gore NEVER claimed he 'invented the internet'. That's just ANOTHER of those GOP myths you believe.'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... pretty much invites ridicule.

Steve

</div></div>

yes, it does.

Q..check it out...use that google thingy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Don't bother,

Al Gore,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> During my service in the United States Congress, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.</span> </div></div>

Context sucks....eh?

Q </div></div>

Thanks for pointing out that he lied.

It's always amazing how well you "GET IT" without ever getting it.

1 - The "INITIATIVE" to create the internet goes back to the IPTO dept of ARPA in 1965.

2 - Al Gore was a 17 year old freshman majoring in English in 1965.

How's that context thingie working for you now?

LWW