PDA

View Full Version : The oil spill...who's to blame?

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
For more on, er moron, the story....we turn to that noted expert, Rush Limpdick:

"Can you believe what Rush Limbaugh said this time? He wants us, the Sierra Club and our 1.3 million supporters to pick up the tab for BP's negligence in the Gulf of Mexico!

On Monday, May 17, Rush Limbaugh asked his listeners "When do we ask the Sierra Club to pick up the tab for this leak?" and blamed "the greeniacs" for driving oil drilling offshore."

LWW
06-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Got a link to the "QUOTE" you claim?

What's that?

Your handlers won't allow you to actually see a transcript?

LWW

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
was that supposed to be a "beat down"?
Yeah dickweed, I just made it up, and was hoping to slide it by.
Dickweed... lww (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dickweed)

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Dickweed??? You been smoking again??? The stuffs bad for health.

pooltchr
06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dickweed??? You been smoking again??? The stuffs bad for health. </div></div>

I was thinking something different, but sometimes insulting him is just so easy that it isn't even worth the effort.

Steve

Baxter
06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dickweed??? You been smoking again??? The stuffs bad for health. </div></div>

If you're talking about marijuana, you are completely wrong and there are numerous studies to prove it. There is a reason that several states have already passed medical marijuana reform laws, and more states with similar reform laws in the works. I say this as a licensed user of medical marijuana in the state of California. I fractured the L7 and L8 vertebraes in my back when I was 10 years old, and have dealt with moderate to severe back pain most of my life. Sometimes the pain is so severe that I can't eat or sleep. I had to pretty much quite playing golf. Medical marijuana dulls the pain, helps me regain my appetite, and helps me fall asleep (and I'm far from a "stoner" or "pothead").

Baxter
06-02-2010, 08:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For more on, er moron, the story....we turn to that noted expert, Rush Limpdick:

"Can you believe what Rush Limbaugh said this time? He wants us, the Sierra Club and our 1.3 million supporters to pick up the tab for BP's negligence in the Gulf of Mexico!

On Monday, May 17, Rush Limbaugh asked his listeners "When do we ask the Sierra Club to pick up the tab for this leak?" and blamed "the greeniacs" for driving oil drilling offshore."

</div></div>

Sounds like Rush had an oxycontin relapse... Oh wait, that's just him being his usual asinine self.

Sev
06-02-2010, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dickweed??? You been smoking again??? The stuffs bad for health. </div></div>

If you're talking about marijuana, you are completely wrong and there are numerous studies to prove it. There is a reason that several states have already passed medical marijuana reform laws, and more states with similar reform laws in the works. I say this as a licensed user of medical marijuana in the state of California. I fractured the L7 and L8 vertebraes in my back when I was 10 years old, and have dealt with moderate to severe back pain most of my life. Sometimes the pain is so severe that I can't eat or sleep. I had to pretty much quite playing golf. Medical marijuana dulls the pain, helps me regain my appetite, and helps me fall asleep (and I'm far from a "stoner" or "pothead"). </div></div>

Ahhh Nope. It wasnt pot I was asking if he was smoking.

LWW
06-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Thanks for confirming that you were merely regurgitating party pap again.

LWW

Qtec
06-03-2010, 03:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a link to the "QUOTE" you claim?

What's that?

Your handlers won't allow you to actually see a transcript?

LWW </div></div>

Sounds to me like you have already made your mind up.

What's that?

You have....and you were <span style='font-size: 23pt'>WRONG!!!!!!!</span>

Just for you LWW....LISTEN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"When do we ask the Sierra Club to pick up the tab for this leak?" Limbaugh asked, and then proceeded to answer. </div></div>

LISTEN to Limbaugh's dubious logic: (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/18/rush-limbaugh-audio-when_n_580139.html)

Suck it up and apologize to Wolf for doubting him. Be a man.

Q....LMAO......OH BOY...........that google thingy again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hondo could use this as his byline.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for confirming that you were merely regurgitating party pap again.

LWW </div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
06-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Even the 00:01:00 is truncated, but if you listen to all of just that 00:01:00 ... and face it, we both know neither of you did ... you will be unable to mount a cogent argument against the statement.

The econuts have forced the oil companies off the shelf and into deep water drilling.

Only a total moron would actually believe that BP ... or any company ... would prefer to drill under 5,000 feet of water than 200 feet of water, much less on land.

Please ... put down the spoon, you've both had too much already.

LWW

Sev
06-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Satire is a wonderful thing.

eg8r
06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The econuts have forced the oil companies off the shelf and into deep water drilling.</div></div>I don't remember anyone actually saying the leak is happening because of the deep water drilling. I have heard that it is because safety precautions/measures were not followed/in place.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The econuts have forced the oil companies off the shelf and into deep water drilling.</div></div>I don't remember anyone actually saying the leak is happening because of the deep water drilling. I have heard that it is because safety precautions/measures were not followed/in place.

eg8r </div></div>

You are absolutely correct. However, stopping the flow would most likely already have been completed if they weren't working a mile under water.

Steve

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 01:12 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 01:16 PM
thanks Q....I purposely did not provide a link, just to .....
"test the waters" here....and de water were a bit slick...

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Before Ca legalized "ganja weed", my friend's brother was dying of cancer, and MJ gave him some pain relief. Ev and I tried to get him some one time and You don't know how tough it is to "score" some weed at age 60....but some younger pool players came through for us.
Another of my pool playing friends knew this older couple,and the wife used MJ also for pain relief, again before the med MJ law was passed. The husband was a retired horticulturist, and said he could grow better stuff then she was able to buy.
Flash forward, and my friend is now living in a rent free apt above their "warehouse" and helping clean and bag the product. They are afraid to go to the bank, so the $$ is lying around in bags. All good things must come to an end....and they all got busted. They wanted to impose long, 20 yrs? sentences on the mid 70's couple, and made my friend's life hell,because he wouldn't testify. In the end everybody got probation, the couple got fined as well.