PDA

View Full Version : Dearest leader pulls another Sestak

LWW
06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I predict, again, that whatever story the regime lays out on the spoon ... the Obamatrons of the world will swallow it without qualm nor trepidation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON The Obama administration dangled the possibility of a government job for former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff last year in hopes he would forgo a challenge to Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet, officials said Wednesday, just days after the White House admitted orchestrating a job offer in the Pennsylvania Senate race.

These officials declined to specify the job that was floated or the name of the administration official who approached Romanoff, and said no formal offer was ever made. They spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they were not cleared to discuss private conversations.

The new revelation of a possible political trade again called into question President Barack Obama's repeated promises to run an open government that was above back room deals.

The Colorado episode follows a similar controversy in Pennsylvania. An embarrassed White House admitted last Friday that it turned to former President Bill Clinton last year to approach Rep. Joe Sestak about backing out of the primary in favor of an unpaid position on a federal advisory board.

Sestak declined the offer and defeated Sen. Arlen Specter late last month for the Democratic nomination after disclosing the job discussions and highlighting it as evidence of his anti-establishment political credentials. He said last week he rejected Clinton's feeler in less than a minute.

In a two-page report on the Sestak case, the White House counsel said the administration did nothing illegal or unethical.

Unlike Sestak, Romanoff has ducked questions on the subject, and it was not clear how long his discussions with administration officials lasted.

Romanoff had sought appointment to the Senate seat that eventually went to Bennet, publicly griped he had been passed over and then discussed possible appointment possibilities inside the administration, one of the officials said.
Republicans have strongly criticized the offer to Sestak, and challenged Romanoff to answer questions about his own dealings with the White House.

Bennet has outpaced Romanoff in fundraising and support from Washington, although party activists attending the state party assembly last month favored the challenger by a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent. The primary is Aug. 10.
Bennet was appointed by Gov. Bill Ritter to fill out the final two years of the term of Ken Salazar, who resigned to become interior secretary.

Romanoff's campaign spokesman did not immediately respond to questions.</div></div>
&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100602/ap_on_el_se/us_colorado_senate)

LWW

pooltchr
06-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Strange how those who complained the loudest about everything the last (R) administration did (and continue to complain long after they left office), are so silent when their own guy (D) gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar up to the shoulder!

Steve

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Its not Bush so its ok.

LWW
06-03-2010, 02:41 AM
It's OK to them until dearest leader issues an official explanation ... then it will be OK.

Until then, they are willingly oblivious to the fact that it even happened.

LWW

Qtec
06-03-2010, 03:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dearest leader pulls <span style='font-size: 17pt'>another Sestak</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a two-page report on the <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Sestak case,</span> the White House counsel said <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the administration did nothing illegal or unethical.</span> </div></div>

LOL. What a dork!

If this is.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> another Sestak case'</div></div>

....then according to your own link...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>the administration did nothing illegal or unethical.</span> </div></div>

LOL [I bet this is too simple for LWW to understand.]

Q.........hoisted by thine own .........Ha

LWW
06-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Actually it's way to complicated for the Obamatronic brain.

Here's your position ... an attorney says their client is innocent therefore their client absolutely must be innocent.

Thanks for verifying what I said in the OP:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"I predict, again, that whatever story the regime lays out on the spoon ... the Obamatrons of the world will swallow it without qualm nor trepidation."</span>

That's funny.

LWW

Sev
06-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Another post November impeachment??

It could be a good distraction from that killer oil well.

pooltchr
06-03-2010, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a two-page report on the <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Sestak case,</span> the White House counsel said <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the administration did nothing illegal or unethical.</span> </div></div>

LOL. What a dork!

</div></div>

Did you expect the White House counsel to admit that what they did was illegal?????????????

Our prisons are full of criminals who claim they are innocent.

Steve

LWW
06-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Obama said it.

His atty repeated it.

The far left bought it.

I predicted it.

That settles it.

LWW

hondo
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Off the subject and I admit it and apologize but why has
your posting become so much more prolific on BD than on AZ recently?

What are you not telling us?

Do you feel you're a bigger dog over here now?
Has your role diminished on AZ?

Enquiring minds want to know.

pooltchr
06-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Here's the official spin on the topic. We didn't do anything wrong. Obama didn't know about it. We've done this before. This is how things are done.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100604/ap_on_el_se/us_obama_political_deals

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

And the obamatrons will buy it hook, line, and sinker!

Steve

LWW
06-04-2010, 05:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off the subject and I admit it and apologize but why has
your posting become so much more prolific on BD than on AZ recently?</div></div>

Because I can.

LWW

LWW
06-04-2010, 05:41 AM
I remember when the O-cult demanded that we have hearings on why Bush legally dismissed some federal employees.

I remember when they demanded Gingrich be removed from office because his campaign staff borrowed ... and repaid the next day ... a box of copier paper.

LWW