PDA

View Full Version : Candidates endorsed by Palin....

Qtec
06-04-2010, 03:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead'
By PAGE IVEY
The Associated Press
Thursday, June 3, 2010; 11:48 PM

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- A South Carolina lawmaker on Thursday called a Republican gubernatorial candidate of Indian descent a "raghead," saying we have one in the White House, we don't need one in the governor's mansion.

Republican state Sen. Jake Knotts later apologized for the slur, saying the remarks about President Barack Obama and state Rep. Nikki Haley were meant as a joke.

They came on Internet political talk show, Pub Politics. Co-host Phil Bailey said Knotts said, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"We've already got a raghead in the White House, we don't need another raghead in the governor's mansion."</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>No audio was available because of a technical problem, Bailey said.</span><span style="color: #CC0000">My a$$.</span>

"If it had been recorded, the public would be able to hear firsthand that my 'raghead' comments about Obama and Haley were intended in jest," Knotts said in his statement. "Bear in mind that this is a freewheeling, anything-goes Internet radio show that is broadcast from a pub. It's like local political version of Saturday Night Live, which is actually where the joke came from."

He did not repeat his original comment in his apology. Knotts of Lexington is a supporter of Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer's gubernatorial campaign.

Haley, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>who has been endorsed by Sarah Palin</span> and is a favorite of the tea party, also represents Lexington in the Statehouse and has faced other landmines in her attempt to become the state's first female governor. In the past two weeks, two men have come forward to say they had trysts with her, which she denies.

Her campaign manager Tim Pearson called Knotts "an embarrassment to our state and to the Republican Party."

"Jake Knotts represents all that is wrong with South Carolina politics," Pearson said in an e-mail </div></div>

I bet the Tea Party loves him.............

Q...please give your own example of any other candidates, endorsed by Palin, in the news for the wrong reasons.

Sev
06-04-2010, 04:26 AM
So ahh you either missed or ignored my article from the Huffington?

Qtec
06-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Look up 'link'.

Q