PDA

View Full Version : Where's the coverage from the Midwest Classic?

Photoguy
08-23-2002, 07:58 PM
We're half way through the tournament and the only brackets that I can find are on AZbilliards.com . . . and they don't even have the scores. Are they on the websites, and I just am not finding them?

Nostroke
08-23-2002, 08:45 PM
What websites? This is pool.We are lucky to have AZB

Troy
08-23-2002, 08:47 PM
AZB is normally one of the few places, if not the only place, you'll find brackets.

Considering the abomination that has been created by the WPBA & Tipton, just be glad there's anything available.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Photoguy:</font><hr> We're half way through the tournament and the only brackets that I can find are on AZbilliards.com . . . and they don't even have the scores. Are they on the websites, and I just am not finding them? <hr></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
08-23-2002, 08:55 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap. Troy's right, its only a matter of time and quicksand has no gender hangups!!!

Nostroke
08-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Nowhere to be found-AZBilliards is dogging this one. Someone please post some results. Especially on Jennifer B and Liz S. Thank you.

08-24-2002, 01:28 PM
The updated brackets are on azbilliards, you just have to look a little harder to find them. Thus far Mike has not given this tourney the top billing he usually does, and instead has chosen to focus more on the men's Las Vegas Gabriel's tourney which has just completed. It seems Mike is not happy either with the WPBA board's most recent mandate - and all the extra work that it caused him.

From the az home page, click up near the top right where it says Midwest Classic. When that page comes up showing the photo of Kim Shaw, then browse down and click on brackets. Once the diagram of the brackets come up, then click on winner's or one-loss side. Yes, there have been some upsets to date - probably even more than in the previous tourneys without the byes. Biggest upset so far being California's Jenny Lee over Jeanette Lee - which now puts Jenny in the final 8 on the winner's side (guaranteed no worse than T9 for the tourney - her highest finish ever in a WPBA Classic tour event). Tiffany Nelson has so far taken advantage of a favorable draw for herself and has advanced to the final 8 on the winner's side with a victory over Ming Ng. No other real surprises among those final 8 on the winner's side. - Chris in NC

Cueless Joey
08-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Little Jenny just bit the Black Widow. Jenny is married to one-pocket Mark. She's a hell of a player with a huge heart.

Nostroke
08-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Thanks Chris but im totally familiar with how to navigate the site.

The winners side has just been updated (for me anyway- Is is possible others see this earlier?) but the losers side has not- Even the lead story mentions how Jeanette beat Julie Kelly on the losers side but the brackets on the L side dont even have Jeanette over there. It shows Julie playing Megan who she obviously has already beaten.

Most of this action took place yesterday im almost certain. Anyway apparently Mike is on the case now so all should be good soon

9 Ball Girl
08-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Jennifer B. beat Janet Atwell, Jennifer Prost, Lisa Marr, and then lost to Kim Shaw.

Liz S. lost to Shelly Barnes.

http://www.azbilliards.com/wpbaillinois2002/brackets.cfm

Nostroke
08-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks Wendy for the update.

But I can't figure this out!! Even clicking on the link you just gave me, i get the same old identical brackets. Nothing updated on the losers side like before. How can i get all the updated posts here at CCB but when i go there all i get is old stuff?

Wait ill try going there with Internet Explorer without AOL. Nope that didn't work either.

Well we've narrowed it down to me anyway. Surfing has been strange lately. No site recognizes me. I have to retype my password and name every time-even on Yahoo. I have virus software and its updated every day or so. Anyone know whats going on with me?

I just rebooted and got everything you guys got hours ago. Does this make sense to anyone? How do i fix this?

cuechick
08-24-2002, 04:31 PM
try hitting 'refresh' on your browser....

Troy
08-24-2002, 08:56 PM
What gave you the impression Mike was off the "case" ???

Since you do NOT understand, Mike H can only publish the information he receives. For the WPBA Midwest Classic, Mike H is depending on a phone call from an attendee for that update information.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr>
Anyway apparently Mike is on the case now so all should be good soon <hr></blockquote>

Nostroke
08-25-2002, 01:04 AM
Getting the same info til 4 today that i got yesterday gave me that impression but It was my PC that was off the case. I know it sounds crazy but even after i was given a link of the updated info- I still got yesterdays results. If you had read my posts you would have known that. Anyway my apologies to Mike for thinking he was off the case.