PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Player comments?

jjinfla
08-23-2002, 09:32 PM
So what is the scuttlebut from the WPBA players? Are they content with the new setup? Are they all financially secure so that they can afford to throw away $500 at an outside chance to make it to the TV round? And more important, will they enter the next tournament? it matters less and less to me each day and lately I have not even been bothering to read my AZ Billiards TV minders. back to football I quess. Pool is dead! Only the suckers are left. Jake

Troy
08-23-2002, 09:44 PM
I certainly doubt any will be posting their feelings on this or any message board (with the possible exception of Fran). The ladies will probably want to avoid any public comment with due consideration to possible sanctions from the WPBA Board of Dictators.

Troy...~~~ A democracy it IS NOT

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> So what is the scuttlebut from the WPBA players? Are they content with the new setup? Are they all financially secure so that they can afford to throw away $500 at an outside chance to make it to the TV round? And more important, will they enter the next tournament? it matters less and less to me each day and lately I have not even been bothering to read my AZ Billiards TV minders. back to football I quess. Pool is dead! Only the suckers are left. Jake <hr></blockquote>

Doctor_D
08-24-2002, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> So what is the scuttlebut from the WPBA players? Are they content with the new setup? Are they all financially secure so that they can afford to throw away $500 at an outside chance to make it to the TV round? And more important, will they enter the next tournament? it matters less and less to me each day and lately I have not even been bothering to read my AZ Billiards TV minders. back to football I quess. Pool is dead! Only the suckers are left. Jake <hr></blockquote>

Good morning:

While privately many players have shared their opinions with me on this and many other WPBA issues, they have been more then reluctant to voice their opinions publicly. There are reasons for this, whether justified or not, and as such you will not hear anyhting unless you are speaking with one over coffee, cocktails or the water fountain.

Dr. D.

jjinfla
08-24-2002, 06:36 AM
Boy, the WPBA must be a powerful force to have the members so afraid of them. We can't even get third party info. Well, so be it. The girls made their bed, now they can lie in it. Jake~~~Football season is just around the corner

Chris Cass
08-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Hi Jake,

Don't think the women didn't voice their opinions, they did. The board went and took their suggestions and told them next yr. Well, I think that stinks. I can't see for the life of me, why the top 16 should get the lock?

I think it's balogny that the top 16 gets 2 automatic bye's. I was at the Peoria event. I seen the payoff chart, along with the draw brackets. The players outside of the top 16 have to battle it out and win two matches before facing the top 16. The lucky top 16 win one match and automatically got $1250.

If the WPBA sponsors want to make sure their race horse gets on tv. Then, they should give more money. Babying these top 16 isn't right. Let the sponsors donate like the rest of us. Let the top 16 pros show some heart and fight the first rounds. Make these sponsors give up some money for the players making into the final 16. This sounds like a payoff thing to me.

They paid out at this particular event to 48th($500.). I believe that the top 16 should have to play that first round. I'll go along with catching a lucky bye. God nows, I can't get a bye to save my life. Two byes are out of the question. It's all a lock.....IMHO

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't give up on the women of pool. Just wants the WPBA to get some balls and stop answering to every whim the sponsors have. Also, to stop forcing the majority to get on their knees. Maybe I'm lacking enough knowledge but until I know different, it's all BS to me.