PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Math On The Oil leak Fix

Sid_Vicious
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm listening to CNN, they say that they are getting a 1000 barrels of the oil with this cap. Their expert suggest getting between 20-30% of the oil when once optimized between now and the August completion of the relief wells.

Soooooo, we had 19K leaking before the cuts to the riser, which has resulted in an added volume after cut of another 20%. That means we then, before this cap, had 22800 barrels flowing uncapped. Then the cap went on, they supposedly got a thousand up to the boats, equaling a total today, of 21800. Even if this expert on the 20-30% total is correct, we have basically gotten nothing effectively done at all, because all of the flow numbers comes back so close to the 19000 it ain't funny.

This is maddening, and it will be until August if nothing more drastic is done. I hope nobody's dumb enough to cheer success at all on this last cut and cap. We, and our Gulf is getting screwed with oil contamination equal to, or more than before. Actually, if anything, the 1000 barrels and/or the 30% best case of oil being loaded onto ships, should hardly be seen anything other than BP getting some product to sell for the next 2-3 months. What a f@#king mess for America to get stuck with.

You already know what I'd do. sid

LWW
06-04-2010, 05:38 PM
This is just another example of the law of unintended consequences has reared it's ugly head again.

LWW

pooltchr
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
The government needs to let BP deal with stopping the leak, and start working on cleaning it up. It's almost like they aren't going to worry too much about cleaning up until they stop the flow.

There is much to be done, and the longer they wait, the worse it's going to be.

Steve

LWW
06-05-2010, 02:55 AM
The efforts to date have been to ensure the oil spill hits shore.

Contrasting this to Katrina is quite striking. Bush had to deal with absolute buffoons on the local front.

Obama has had Jindal to deal with who had a plan in place and was ready to implement it soon after it became apparent that the regime would do nothing.

The regime drug it's feet on granting permission to build the sea berms to keep the slick from land ... until it was too late.

There was a plan in place to use fire booms to contain the spill ... the regime refused to implement it.

At best dearest leader has been exposed as an incompetent oaf. At worst, an incredibly evil man who would allow this devastation to continue so he could advance his anti capitalist agenda.

LWW

Sid_Vicious
06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The government needs to let BP deal with stopping the leak, and start working on cleaning it up. It's almost like they aren't going to worry too much about cleaning up until they stop the flow.

There is much to be done, and the longer they wait, the worse it's going to be.

Steve </div></div>

"The government needs to let BP deal with stopping the leak"

You see how that went before the govt began to be actively involved. Remember BP saying, "It is just a tiny leak"? Shit has gotten deeper, and that proves my point. BP is an arrogant POS for American interests. This current situation with them getting 1-2K barrels sucked off...ain't even getting us back to BEFORE the shears cut the pipe. Think that over Steve, before you suggest we let BP do this unsupervised. sid

pooltchr
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not suggesting let them off the hook. They are talking about fining them something like $4000 per gallon. That will be the best motivator to get BP to stop the leak. But out government hasn't got a clue how to stop it. They can, however, get their butts in gear and get serious about cleaning it up. Just let BP pick up the tab. Something tells me it they are getting billed by the gallon, they will figure out a way to stop it.

Steve

LWW
06-05-2010, 11:50 PM
You both need to realize that to date BP has only been the implementer of the plan(s) to stop the leak. The regime has been in charge of developing and approval of the plan(s) to stop the leak.

This allows the regime to take credit for all success and still shed all blame ... which in the end is all the regime truly cares about.

I don't hold BP harmless ... but it's ridiculous on the face of it to believe that they are happy with billions of dollars of "BLACK GOLD" leaking away, or that they preferred drilling in such deep water in the first place.

LWW