PDA

View Full Version : Oil spill theory

Qtec
06-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Why blame Obama?

Who was working on the well when the blow out happened?

Halliburton!

Coincidence?

From day 1 the GOP have shown they will do anything to bring down Obama...........even bringing Govt to a halt.

Q.......

Gayle in MD
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why blame Obama?

Halliburton!

Coincidence?

From day 1 the GOP have shown they will do anything to bring down Obama...........even bringing Govt to a halt.

Q.......

</div></div>

After what I watched during eight years of Bush Oil Cartel in the White House, nothing would surprise me.

They have to blame Obama, because they refuse to acknowledge that the Republican Policies they vogte for, are anachronistic, AND they failed, obviously, and failed miserably.

"Drill Baby Drill" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif the most monumental display of ignorance I've seen so far in my life, except when Bush tried to put his actor face on for the Big Scare, SOTU Address, which he lied his ass of throughout.

I can't recall any president having to go back and delete their own words in a SOTU Address, because he had lied through his teeth!

G.

Sev
06-06-2010, 06:56 PM
While BP is to blame for using equipment that would not work our government is also to blame for bowing to environmentalist that do not want anything in their back yard.
Truly a shame as oil reserves can be reached through horizontal drilling techniques.

Got a question.
When China or Venezuela have a deep horizon rig that goes BOOM, who are you going to blame?

There will be no recourse. They will say, Not our problem. And walk away.
Then what?

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While BP is to blame for using equipment that would not work <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the Bush/Cheney </span> government is <span style='font-size: 17pt'>most responsible </span> for bowing to <span style='font-size: 17pt'>their cronies, the oil, pharmaceutical and H.C. insurance industries </span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'> who do not want any government oversight so that they can destroy the environment, and keep people ill, from all their pollution and corruption, while filling up their own pockets, which Bush/Cheney were only too happy to assure them, would be the case if they could get control of Government on both ends of Penn. Ave.. </span>
Truly a shame as oil <span style='font-size: 17pt'> is the source of our international problems, although Jimmy Carter tried to warn us decades ago, and it's running out anyway, hence, the USA should be in the lead getting off oil and other dirty fuels, not following behind India, China and others....where Republican Policies have pushed us for decades...behind the energy eight ball, and further into the energy ditch. </span>

Got a question.
When China or Venezuela have a deep horizon rig that goes BOOM, who are you going to blame?

Then what?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> You should have thought about that before you voted for Republicans....we could have been mostly off oil and coal by now, if we hadn't had a crooked POS like Ronald Reagan in office for eight years, followed by two oil cartel/Saudi friendly Bush pigs, whose entire family fortune came from doing business with our enemies. </span>
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 07:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While BP is to blame for using equipment that would not work our government is also to blame for bowing to environmentalist that do not want anything in their back yard.
Truly a shame as oil reserves can be reached through horizontal drilling techniques.

Got a question.

Then what?
</div></div>

They will still find a way to blame Bush! That is just what they do. They don't expect anyone to accept responsibility for anything, so they aren't going to be willing to accept the fact that Bush is no longer in charge, and this is Obama's failure.

Remember, 9/11 happened just 8 months into Bush's presidency, and they say it was all his fault. Yet Obama has been in office for twice that long, and yet, nothing is his fault.

Talk about the lunacy of the left!!!!!!!

Steve

Deeman3
06-07-2010, 07:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why blame Obama?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perhaps it is because Bush is not in office and it is now Obama's administration who approves or turns down exceptions to the double safety devices, not Bush. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">GWB? the Van der Sloop kid? </span>

Halliburton!

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wonder if Haliburton made large contributions to Obama? Did he throw their lobbiests out fo his office? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Coincidence?

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think not! </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">So, this is a plot by big oil and the Republicans to wreck the environment virtually assuring no oil drilling in the future just to chance that Obama's response woud be poor?

You gotta get in bed with the Birthers to hold that thought. </span>

Q....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why blame Obama?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perhaps it is because Bush is not in office and it is now Obama's administration who approves or turns down exceptions to the double safety devices, not Bush. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">GWB? the Van der Sloop kid? </span>

Halliburton!

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wonder if Haliburton made large contributions to Obama? Did he throw their lobbiests out fo his office? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Coincidence?

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think not! </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">So, this is a plot by big oil and the Republicans to wreck the environment virtually assuring no oil drilling in the future just to chance that Obama's response woud be poor?

You gotta get in bed with the Birthers to hold that thought. </span>

Q....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div> </div></div>

YOu can't deny the Republican talking points, Drill baby Drill, as a solution to our foreign dependence on oil, instead of safer fuels, that would provide jobs right here, which cannot be outsourced.???

Deregulation, another Republican policy, which led to the Wall Street Ponzi Scheme, which caused wide scale disruption, and bilked the little guy, while the CEO pigs left with their pockets full of money?

Spend baby spend, which Republican White HOuse, and blank check Republican majority, did for eight years, sic with Republican control?

Eight years of a Republican corrupt spend happy administration, six of those years with a Republican majority, leaving the country so deep in messes, that anyone who would think it could all turn around in under two years, would have to be out of their minds!

We can see where their Free Market, deregulation, wars of choice for oil, and ecret energy policies, what we can't understand is people who are lilving on the precipice of this national disaster, still saying in the polls they want more deep water drilling!

We can largely thank the sutomobile industry for the bulk of the pit we're in, as we use more oil for transportation, than for anything else.

BTW, who killed the electric car?

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I know that you already know this, but the last two years of the Bush administration was with a Democrat controlled congress.

Congress chooses how to spend money. Presidents just approve or veto spending bills.

The bailouts, which account for a considerable portion of spending, came under a Democrat controlled congress. Bush just went along with it.

Your obsession with Bush is almost funny. Obama has had plenty of time to change policies on drilling if he wanted to....but...BP gave more money to Obama than any other candidate in their history. If this was such a tragedy in the making, why didn't Obama do something about it before it happened. And perhaps more to the point, why has he done so little in response to the spill???????????

You are so blinded by your hatred of Republicans that you can't see that your guy is nothing more than an idiot!

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that you already know this, but the last two years of the Bush administration was with a Democrat controlled congress.

Congress chooses how to spend money. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Presidents just approve or veto spending bills.</span>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>JUST???? LMAO! Bush never vetoed a single Republican Majority spending bill, not once! And Republicans spent like drunken sailors the entire time they were under Bush.</span> </span>

<span style="color: #000066">TARP was a Bush Administration policy. Bush AND Paulson, a Bush appointee, pushed it, and threatened Democratics and the country, that without the bailouts, we'd have a possible global depression, that it would take a decade to recover from. Selective memory, AGAIN!</span>

Your obsession with Bush is almost funny. Obama has had plenty of time to change policies on drilling if he wanted to....

<span style="color: #000066"> </span> Right! In the midst of a collapsed economy, and two unfinished wars, unprecedented borrowing and tax cuts during wartime, and Republicans blocking everything the new President tried to do, including record breaking hold ups on every appointment, and a stated goal of seeing the new president fail!

but...BP gave more money to Obama than any other candidate in their history.

<span style="color: #000066">Not true. Bush had been taking money from Saudi Arabia for decades before he got into office, and cheney was nothing but a pawn for the energy corporations. He got his payoffs in advance. </span>

If this was such a tragedy in the making, why didn't Obama do something about it before it happened. And perhaps more to the point, why has he done so little in response to the spill???????????

<span style="color: #000066">He has done everything that could be done, including sending thousands of people to aid in the management of this unprecedented disaster. Who deregulated the oil indusgtry,k behind closed doors? </span>

You are so blinded by your hatred of Republicans that you can't see that your guy is nothing more than an idiot!

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">And coming from someone who voted twice for George bush, who borrfowed more money than all previous administrations combined, and left this country in a debt ppit, which YOU wrote didn't matter, your opinions means nothing to me. In fact, it's people like you who et their information from Rush and Palin, who are responsible for the massive messes Bush left behind him, including destroying our honor around the world, and emboldeniing al Qaeda, allowoing it to franchise.

G. </span>

eg8r
06-07-2010, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why blame Obama?</div></div>Gayle blames W for lessening the government oversight so I blame Obama for not fixing that problem before the disaster.

eg8r

eg8r
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, who killed the electric car?</div></div>Tesla?

eg8r

eg8r
06-07-2010, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While BP is to blame for using equipment that would not work our government is also to blame for bowing to environmentalist that do not want anything in their back yard.</div></div>Just like the Kennedy's blocking wind farms.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While BP is to blame for using equipment that would not work our government is also to blame for bowing to environmentalist that do not want anything in their back yard.</div></div>Just like the Kennedy's blocking wind farms.

eg8r </div></div>

Where is your proof that the Kennedy's blocked wind farms????

Even if it were true, it has nothing at all to do with Bush's deregulatory policies, which allowed the oil industry to write it's own regulations.

Bush, Cheney, and rice, all former oil industry employees, or CEO's, annd you can't see that allowing Ken Lay to choose all the agency heads in the regulatory agencies, contributed to this situation?

That's what I thought.

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Obama has been in office for a year and a half. Why didn't he fix the problem? Did he not see it? That would make him stupid. Or did he just decide not to change anything? That would make him incompetent.

Which is he?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama has been in office for a year and a half. Why didn't he fix the problem? Did he not see it? That would make him stupid. Or did he just decide not to change anything? That would make him incompetent.

Which is he?

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Why did Republican block every appointee he tried to appoint?

Why do they yell out Drill Baby Drill?

Here is what is going to happen.

BP is going to pay for this, instead of having oil friendly administration agency heads, help BP push it under the rug.

The Republican Party cannot extricate itself from decades long pandering to big oil, much as you would like to deny it, anymore than they can deny their deregulatory policies, and their laissez faire economic policies. these policies are directly connected to every disaster we face currently.

You want too blame a man who inherited multi-level unprecedented disastrous legacy, and give Bush a bye for everything.

You blamed Cinton for Bush's non response to unrpecedented warnings eight months in advance of the 9/11 attack, and defended his spending and borrowing.

Time to ask yourself, why you are so partisan that you block out the documentated facts, and why you thought, and wrote, that Bush's debts didn't matter, but Obama's do.

In the end, this President is going to defend and protect the people above the corporate pigs, as he has done from the start. BP had to turn around it's original defenses, once they realized that this administration was having none of it. If Republicans get themajority back, that will end.

This President is going to do a great job, helping those Americans most affected by this disaster, and standing up to BP.

You are unable to admit to your own extreme partisanship, so I suggest you end your accusations of partisanship. President dealing with Bush's shitty legacy....and doing a good job with it, too. If Bush was in there, he'd probaly be setting off a nuke!

G.
</span>

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
You still didn't answer the question,

Is Obama stupid, or just incompetent?

He has to be one or the other.

He either didn't know there was a problem, or he knew, and didn't addresss it.

Steve

eg8r
06-07-2010, 11:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is your proof that the Kennedy's blocked wind farms????</div></div>How many times do I need post a link before you decide to read it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it were true, it has nothing at all to do with Bush's deregulatory policies</div></div>blah blah blah. The evil rich democrats don't want to ruin their beautiful views.

eg8r

bobroberts
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Gayle :Obama could spit in your face and you would say its raining.i never said the republicans are any better.Its time to wake up and realize he is even a worst politician then any i have seen in my lifetime.
He knew there was a problem he just elected to think on it for 44 days.Same as him sending more troops into Afghanistan.takes him months to make a decision.We will be in big trouble if we are attacked again.How long would it take for him to respond another 2 months?

LWW
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still didn't answer the question,

Is Obama stupid, or just incompetent?

He has to be one or the other.

Steve </div></div>

Sorry ... but, no he doesn't.

He could be bought and paid for and armed with the knowledge that he has the nutty 25% who wait for the AM spoon to deliver the "TRUTH" to them.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I guess that I'm in the minority here...as I don't believe either POTUS caused the spill, and think it to be either an accident, or a preventable accident by BP's engineers.
I was home with a cold the day they taught oil exploration and deep seas drilling in high school, so that's only a guess on my part; don't quote me at the next Mensa, or SPE meeting.....

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle :Obama could spit in your face and you would say its raining.i never said the republicans are any better.Its time to wake up and realize he is even a worst politician then any i have seen in my lifetime.
He knew there was a problem he just elected to think on it for 44 days.Same as him sending more troops into Afghanistan.takes him months to make a decision.We will be in big trouble if we are attacked again.How long would it take for him to respond another 2 months? </div></div>

It did't take him months, he said he was going to focus on Afghanistan during the campaign. I'm glad he doesn't go by his gut, and go off half cocked, like Bush!

This president doesn't go off half cocked, and he doesn't do things behind the scenes, like both Bush's and Reagan, all did, as they compromised our safety here at home, to benefit big oil, to benefit corrupt corporations, to benefit people like Saddam, who they propped up in the first place.

Republican Policies created the entire disaster in the Middle East in the first place. Propping up dictators, arming radicals and drug dealers. Refusing to move this country away from foreign oil dependence.

It's really interesting now, to hear all the experts, and our v ets, sayng the same things that Jimmy Carter said over thirty years ago.

Our safety here at home is compromised by our dependence on oil, and particularly on foreign oil, same people that Bush/cheney/Rice were all in bed with.

Facts are facts, but only for those who are conscious of the failed Republican Policies which have mounted through three Republican Administrations, of poor policies.

You are lying about the president. President Obama has been focused on this preoblem all along. Now, because of his focus, and because he didn't pander to the oil industry, they have stopped a good deal of the oil flow, and they are drilling not one, but two, relief wells.

There are thousands of people there, helping, which were sent by this president.

If Bush and the Republicans were in power, they'd be hiding the tapes, lying about what was happening down there, and defennding the oil corporations. Come to think of it, that's what republicans ARE doing!

"My understanding is that the war in Iraq, is about oil."

Alan Greenspan

G.

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 02:22 PM
The Coast Guard notified the White House the day after the explosion of the size of the oil leak in the gulf. THE NEXT DAY.

Within a Week of the explosion, the Governor of LA was asking to get the sand berms built to protect the marshes and beaches. To date, only one berm has been approved and built.

I'm sure Bush ran up to Washington and told everyone to just sit tight and do nothing until we find out what BP is going to do. Dorn't worry about clean up until you get the oil flow stopped. And I'm sure Obama wanted to do something immediately, but defered to Bush's superior intellect.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Qtec
06-08-2010, 01:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, this is a plot by big oil and the Republicans to wreck the environment virtually assuring no oil drilling in the future just to chance that Obama's response woud be poor? </div></div>

Some here have suggested that Obama welcomed this blowout and actually deliberately let the oil slicks grow!
What I am saying is if this blowout was deliberate, its much more likely that it was another attempt to sabotage the Obama Admin by those who have said they want him to fail.

I don't believe either scenario.

IMO this accident is just another result of the Bush Admin's disdain for regulation, stuffing Govt agencies with supporters instead of qualified people [ good job Brownie!] and the drive for profit being more important than social responsibility.

Q
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2001
Cheney’s secret dirty energy task force crafts national energy policy. The Bush administration released the National Energy Policy Report on May 16. President Bush appointed Vice President Cheney—who gave up his title as CEO of oil and gas company Halliburton to take on his new role—with developing a new energy policy swiftly after taking office. But <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Cheney’s relationship with Halliburton </span>did not end. Cheney was kept on the company’s payroll after retirement and retained around 430,000 shares of Halliburton stock.

The task force report was based on recommendations provided to Cheney from coal, oil, and nuclear companies and related trade groups—many of which were major contributors to Bush’s presidential campaign and to the Republican Party. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Oil companies—including BP, the National Mining Association, and the American Petroleum Institute—secretly met with the Cheney and his staff as part of a task force to develop the country’s energy policy </span></div></div>

BP, Haliburton and the Coal Industry? [<u> Wasn't there a major coal mine accident?</u>]

Oh my..........see above post.........proves me right I think /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
06-08-2010, 01:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a preventable accident </div></div>

Exactly. If they had done everything they were supposed to do it may still have gone wrong but there is always a risk. The thing is, knowing that there is always a risk of something going wrong makes it even more important to know you can shut the well down if you need to.

They gambled with the environment and lost, and the people who are having their way of living destroyed lost as well - and they didn't even place a bet.

Everyone lost on this. It should and could have been prevented.

Q

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Coast Guard notified the White House the day after the explosion of the size of the oil leak in the gulf. THE NEXT DAY.

<span style="color: #000066">Lie. Niether the Coast Guard, nor BP, knows or has stated the size of the spill. All have stated it is impossible to know for sure. It wasn't until the President demanded that BP install a live video, that scientists, and oil industry experts, were even able to risk a prediction. </span>

Within a Week of the explosion, the Governor of LA was asking to get the sand berms built to protect the marshes and beaches. To date, only one berm has been approved and built.

<span style="color: #000066"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>The Army Corps Of Engineers is the appropriate agency to determine the ecological effects of building berms, and the President defers to their estimate and advice, as he should.

Building Berms can do as much harm, as good. Niether you nor I are knowledgable on that subject, any more so than the President. He would not do anything that would make everything worse, unlike the former administration</span>.</span>

I'm sure Bush ran up to Washington and told everyone to just sit tight and do nothing until we find out what BP is going to do.

<span style="color: #000066"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Your igorance on the subject, is stunning. You obviously do not keep up with anything other than Rush's version of things. This statement is ridiculous. The president was down there a month ago, talking with everyone there, and is in contact with all of our various agencies there, all of which are there to do what can be done.

Listening to Republican governor's yap, whine and blame everyone but their own love of unreguloated oil, during an election year, isn't exactly the best policy for determineing the truth, particularly when they are whining while begging for for mofe oil wells, in the midst of total disaster.</span> </span>

Dorn't worry about clean up until you get the oil flow stopped. And I'm sure Obama wanted to do something immediately, but defered to Bush's superior intellect.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>If you still refuse to accept the damages caused by the Bush Oil Cartel, in the White House, for eight years, and acknowledge that their policy was against corporate oversight, and pro oil, then post to someone else, I've watched every wistle blower from every corporate industry, testify LIVE, from the banks to corporate oil and to the health care insurance indsutries, and there is no question that our country has suffered tremendously from the Bush mentality of no government oversight of their beloved oil cronies, in particular, and the overall Republican Policy of no government oversight, in general, as long as the cash is pouring in, and to hell with the environment.

It's all right here in your beloved archives. Check it out once in a while, instead of just cherry picking, like a good republican.</span>
G.</span>

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
The top Admiral of the Coast Guard reported to the White House the next day that we had a major spill that was ongoing. He probably didn't have exact numbers, but the message was clear.

Obama is in charge. I can't believe you would defend the Army Corps for not approving berms. Look at the damage in the marshes and on the beaches. Berms would have captured, or at least slowed the spread of the oil. Why would you not be willing to do EVERYTHING possible to minimize the impact on the shore????????????

Yeah, Obama went down there and walked on the beach for a photo op. Then he sends down his freaking lawyers. We all know how much THEY will be helping!!

Obama received more campaign money from BP than any other candidate in history. Obama continues to grant exemptions to BP for their drilling. But I'm sure there is no connection.

Face it. This guy is making Jimmy Carter look good by comparison!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-09-2010, 06:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The top Admiral of the Coast Guard reported to the White House the next day that we had a major spill that was ongoing. He probably didn't have exact numbers, but the message was clear.
<span style="color: #000066">So what? Is there a point to this sentence? What did you think the president should have done, run down there with a skimmer? The message was, BP had lied, from the getgo, and actually had no way to address the failure of the well, while they had formerly promised they could handle one ten times that size....which wouldn't have ever happened if Cheney had done what other countries do, and made all oil companies drilling off our shorelines, in deep water, install the automatic turn off, for a measly $500,000.00, which Cheney allowed them to by-pass completely.

Hidden secret meetings, one with ONLY BP. But then, you wrote a post which made it clear that you didn't even know that Cheney WAS the energy CZAR!</span>

Obama is in charge.

<span style="color: #000066">WE know that! Is there a Point? Our Military already stated they did not have the resources to deal with the spilling oil, that BP had, and of course, everything we did have has been deterriorating in the sands of the Middle East....not to mention Bush left us broke, and with on-going mounting interest on debts, because he didn't pay for a dman thing he spent.

Cheney's energy policies put us behind the eight ball, with the oil companies able to say and do anything, including write their own regulations, that's a proven fact, and no oversight.

Did you think that in the midst of Bush's mutilevel disasters, this president, dealing with both of Bush's two unfinished wars, a collapsed economy, dealing with Bush's 760,000 per month job loss record, Repbublican obstructionism of every appointee, while Obama's trying to divert a depression, and get this country out of it's BUSH HOLE, but you expect that Obama should have had the time in his schedule to totally fix every single mess Bush left???? Including a completely corrupted MMS, and DOI, two unfinished wars, and a collapsed economy? He was in the process of restoring regulations, and getting rid of the oil cronies that were put into top positions in all oversight agencies to pander to oil, By CHENEY, when this happened.

That's pretty funny, since Bush didn't accomplish a damn thing of value for our country in eight years, and didn't pay for a damn thing either. </span>

I can't believe you would defend the Army Corps for not approving berms. Look at the damage in the marshes and on the beaches. Berms would have captured, or at least slowed the spread of the oil.

<span style="color: #000066">OIC, so now You're a scientist? Even Phillipe Coustau said berms can do as much damage as they prevent.....The Army Corps Of Engineers had scientific reasons for taking a careful approach. Only the ignorant want instant results, in circumstances of a critical nature, and a spill that is beyond anything we've seen before, all of which which must be addressed without creating devastating unpredictable consequences. The first weeks they couldn't do a damn thing, because of the weather down there. BP was saying they needed room around the spill, and needed to have their own equipment there, don't bring in any more ships, they said.

If just one of you people would actually stidy what is going on down there, maybe you could write a pertinent post about it.</span>

Why would you not be willing to do EVERYTHING possible to minimize the impact on the shore?????????
<span style="color: #000066">[color:#000066]There are sound reasons why things went as they did. Bad weather the first few weeks, with high wave action. Questions about the use of toxic chemicals. Fights to make BP install camera equipment. Fights to get them to fully admit to their responsibilities. Tanker Equipment wasn't in the region, scientist had not fully studied how best to address the spill without unintended dagmage, BP had filled the area with their own vessels, equipment, skimmers, and the last thing we could afford to do, is give them a reason to skip out of their own responsibility, by trying to say that something we did, caused the amount of oil flowing to be worse. They are going to be charged by the number of barrels spilled.

Those are just a few reasons, along with not disturbing many eggs and nests of animals on beaches, and along the barriers, everyone of them precious, even more now, and no one could predict in early advance, with the shifting winds, for sure, which areas would be affected. Ever heard of wind and wave action?</span>

Yeah, Obama went down there and walked on the beach for a photo op. Then he sends down his freaking lawyers. We all know how much THEY will be helping!!

<span style="color: #000066">That's got to be the most ignorant statement so far in this post of yours. Who do you think is going to have to get the money out of BP and make them pay for all of this, if we don't have a legal team there to document facts, and get to work on what will surely come, USA VS BP.

You're hatred of lawyers is a RW disease. But then, acquiring a law degree requires high intelligence, and intelligent people are automatically hated by the ignorant right. </span>

Obama received more campaign money from BP than any other candidate in history. Obama continues to grant exemptions to BP for their drilling. But I'm sure there is no connection.

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>That is a lie! I suppose you heard Palin and Fox, and Rush saying that? As usual, you rely on liars for your information.</span> </span>

Face it. This guy is making Jimmy Carter look good by comparison!!

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Jimmy Carter already looks good to me, because he was absolutly right about our energy threats, decades ahead of his times, honest with the American people, and events since, prove he was right. Had we followed his advice, we wouldn't be in the Middle East right now, and we also wouldn't be watching this unprecedented disaster, either.

You are the drill baby drill party, remember???? </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Palin clings to false claim that Obama received the most BP PAC money
May 24, 2010 10:02 pm ET — 8 Comments
On Facebook, Sarah Palin falsely claimed it is an "undisputed fact that Barack Obama was BP's top recipient of both PAC and individual money for the last 20 years." In fact, President Obama received no PAC money from BP during his presidential campaign, and only $1,000 during his 2004 Senate campaign.
</div></div>

Do you EVER get anything right?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201005240069