PDA

View Full Version : Helen Shuned!

Deeman3
06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> This is wrong. Even goofy and cranky old ladies have a right to free speech. </span>

BETHESDA, Md. - A high school graduation speech by veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas has been canceled because of controversial remarks she made about Israel, the school's principal said in an e-mail Sunday.

Thomas had been scheduled to speak at the June 14 graduation of Walt Whitman High School, but Principal Alan Goodwin wrote in the e-mail to students and parents that she was being replaced. The school in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, Md., hasn't picked a new speaker.

"Graduation celebrations are not the venue for divisiveness," Goodwin wrote.

Thomas, a columnist for Hearst Newspapers, issued an apology on her Web site on Friday for comments that were captured on video by an interviewer for the website http://www.rabbilive.com. On the video dated May 27, Thomas says Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine," suggesting they go to Germany, Poland or the U.S.

"I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians," Thomas wrote on her site on Friday. "They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon."

The national director of the Anti-Defamation League, Abraham H. Foxman, said Sunday that Thomas' apology didn't go far enough.

"Her suggestion that Israelis should go back to Poland and Germany is bigoted and shows a profound ignorance of history," Foxman said in a statement. "We believe Thomas needs to make a more forceful and sincere apology for the pain her remarks have caused."

Thomas, 89, began her long career with the wire service United Press International in 1943, and started covering the White House in 1960, according to a biography posted on her website. She became a columnist for Hearst in 2000.

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I hear Gayle may be available to fill in for her!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 09:33 AM
While she is neither goofy, nor cranky, she is eighty-nine, and still goes to work everyday.

Helen has had some serious health issues these past two years. I serously doubt she will live very long, now, as her career and professionalism, means everything to her.

She obviously isn't as sharp as she once was, and she has been upset about the inhumanity of Israeli policies for a long time, mostly because they are indeed inhumane, and go too far, regularly.

Now, they have boarded a relief ship, in inernational waters, and killed an American.

When is our country finally going to take a stand with Israel, which is every bit as inhumane as Hammas, and whose rightwing, according to Brzezinski, is every bit as much a terrorist organization as Hammas.

Back to Helen, it is very sad to me, that she will have to bear the brunt of the coming continued criticism. I think she deserves a wide birth, considering her age, and her dedication to her career for so many years. This mistake, will probably take her away from this world. She will likely resign. I know she is hearbrokenn over it.

Very sad.

G.

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 09:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> she is eighty-nine, and still goes to work everyday.

She obviously isn't as sharp as she once was,
G. </div></div>

Maybe she should have quit while she was ahead. Maybe she has no business going to work every day if she isn't in complete control.

There is a reason most people retire earlier than 89!

Steve

Sid_Vicious
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While she is neither goofy, nor cranky, she is eighty-nine, and still goes to work everyday.

Helen has had some serious health issues these past two years. I serously doubt she will live very long, now, as her career and professionalism, means everything to her.

She obviously isn't as sharp as she once was, and she has been upset about the inhumanity of Israeli policies for a long time, mostly because they are indeed inhumane, and go too far, regularly.

Now, they have boarded a relief ship, in inernational waters, and killed an American.

When is our country finally going to take a stand with Israel, which is every bit as inhumane as Hammas, and whose rightwing, according to Brzezinski, is every bit as much a terrorist organization as Hammas.

Back to Helen, it is very sad to me, that she will have to bear the brunt of the coming continued criticism. I think she deserves a wide birth, considering her age, and her dedication to her career for so many years. This mistake, will probably take her away from this world. She will likely resign. I know she is hearbrokenn over it.

Very sad.

G. </div></div>

I too feel saddened for Helen. At that age, something like this could easily greatly accelerate dying, and for anyone to be gleeful about that, should think, "It could be my own mom or grandmother." It's hard for me to understand the cruelty within the so called Christians in this country. I've said enough. Martin

eg8r
06-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I get it now, this woman spouts off some serious BS and gets shunned because of it. This is exactly what you idiots want to do every time a Rep makes a mistake. However, the difference is that you fools are setting this up as the excuse for her imminent death due to the fact that she is elderly.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-07-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While she is neither goofy, nor cranky, she is eighty-nine, and still goes to work everyday.

Very sad.

G. </div></div>

I too feel saddened for Helen. At that age, something like this could easily greatly accelerate dying, and for anyone to be gleeful about that, should think, "It could be my own mom or grandmother." It's hard for me to understand the cruelty within the so called Christians in this country. I've said enough. Martin </div></div>

Very true, Martin. And their approval of torture, apparently in the genes, and going back to the Dark Ages!

But what can we expect from knuckle dragging neanderthals! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Helen has resigned, as I knew she would.

We've lost a National Treasure, who pressed every President for the answers which Americans had the right to have answered, both Republicans, and Democratics.

She was truly our most dedicated, Watchdog Of Democracy.

It is a sad day for me, and for many other Americans.

G.

wolfdancer
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Ed and the gang want to hang her over this remark. It is a shame that this careless remark is what will be the close of a distinguished 50 yr career in journalism. So she spoke from the heart, and to hell with being politically correct. Bravo for her!!!
As to this causing her death at age 89....yes, it could; it's well known that traumatic events occuring at the later stages in life can have an adverse affect on one's health. At 89, she is already on bonus miles, and this takes away from her, one reason to carry on the good fight.

LWW
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Isn't it amazing how the same people who were having fits over the Paul comment are now doing backflips to give Thomas a pass?

I think both were way overblown ... but I don't have my "OPINION" delivered to me on a spoon.

LWW

pooltchr
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
[quote=Sid_Vicious
I too feel saddened for Helen. At that age, something like this could easily greatly accelerate dying, and for anyone to be gleeful about that, should think, "It could be my own mom or grandmother." It's hard for me to understand the cruelty within the so called Christians in this country. I've said enough. Martin [/quote]

I don't recall reading where anyone was gleeful about her passing. In fact, I don't recall anyone even mentioning the end of her life except you and Gayle. Now, please tell us, Who was gleeful?"

Steve

Qtec
06-08-2010, 03:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is a shame that this careless remark is what will be the close of a distinguished 50 yr career in journalism. </div></div>

I know. Its just like the compassionate RW to jump on an 89 yr old woman.

If you say the Jews should get out of Palestine then you are an anti-Semite. Helen was right, its the Jews who are the occupying force and the jailers of Gaza.

What if you say the Palestinians should get out of Israel? Are you then also advocating ethnic cleansing.

Lets see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huckabee: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Let Palestinians create country 'elsewhere'</span>
Opposes '2-state solution,' calls division of Jerusalem 'unimaginable'
Posted: August 19, 2008
10:48 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
2010 <span style='font-size: 23pt'>WorldNetDaily</span><span style="color: #CC0000"> aka Reliable source.....LOL</span>

FJERUSALEM The division of Jerusalem is "unimaginable" while a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the "wrong answer," former Arkansas governor and vice-presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee told WND.

"Israel is surrounded by nations in various states of war with the Jewish state. Because of the limited footprint of real estate they have, it's not practical for Israel to give up any land. The two-state solution is no solution, but will cause only problems," said Huckabee, who is completing a two-day fact-finding tour in Israel.

The former Republican presidential candidate said he cannot understand how Jerusalem could be divided.

"It's unimaginable. The city must remain under Jewish sovereignty," he said yesterday.

Huckabee suggested creating a Palestinian state elsewhere in the Middle East:

<u>"There is only one place on earth where the Jewish people could have a homeland that is consistent with their roots, whereas the Palestinians can create their homeland in many other places in the Middle East, outside Israel," he said.</u>
<span style="color: #990000">Ethnic cleansing? Is this advice based on facts or belief.?</span>

Huckabee told WND that Israel should "have the right" to do "whatever is necessary" to counter Iran's nuclear program.

(Story continues below) </div></div>

Politicians are now making decisions on religious grounds. This is exactly what the USCON tried to prevent.

Q

ALSO,

The Tea Party are trying to subvert the USCON. They are the real terrorists.

LWW
06-08-2010, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Sid_Vicious
I too feel saddened for Helen. At that age, something like this could easily greatly accelerate dying, and for anyone to be gleeful about that, should think, "It could be my own mom or grandmother." It's hard for me to understand the cruelty within the so called Christians in this country. I've said enough. Martin </div></div>

I don't recall reading where anyone was gleeful about her passing. In fact, I don't recall anyone even mentioning the end of her life except you and Gayle. Now, please tell us, Who was gleeful?"

Steve [/quote]

They were ... this gave them yet another opportunity to use a tragedy as a stage prop to advance part of their agenda, which is the cowing into silence of all who point out the true nature of the O-cultists.

To an agitprop such as G, everything has a political use in advancing the agenda .... or it has no use at all.

LWW

Sev
06-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Apparently she is considering retiring.

I think it is much to do about nothing.
Her age caused her to articulate her thoughts improperly.

LWW
06-08-2010, 05:33 AM
I don't doubt that those were her true feelings for a second.

Most of the far left will take the side of head slicers over Israel 100 % of the time.

LWW

Sev
06-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Do get me wrong.
I have never been a fan of hers. However I think her age caught up with her.

eg8r
06-08-2010, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed and the gang want to hang her over this remark. </div></div>Quite the contrary. I do think people should be responsible for their actions. She lost a speaking gig because of what she said. I think that is a fair punishment.

My issue is with dumb people talking about how this could speed up her trip to the grave. Dumb people that think a slap on the hand could greatly accelerate her death. Dumb people wanting to brush this incident under the rug as if it never happened when they don't allow that to happen if the person was a Republican.

I am fine with this being a non-issue any more. I accept the woman's apology, but I will be darned if I am going to not say anything when dumb people start acting hypocritically.

You mention this is a careless remark and I agree with you, but I have found in life that the majority of "careless" remarks are the actual true feelings of the person that escaped their mouths on accident.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is a shame that this careless remark is what will be the close of a distinguished 50 yr career in journalism. </div></div>

I know. Its just like the compassionate RW to jump on an 89 yr old woman.

If you say the Jews should get out of Palestine then you are an anti-Semite. Helen was right, its the Jews who are the occupying force and the jailers of Gaza.

What if you say the Palestinians should get out of Israel? Are you then also advocating ethnic cleansing.

Lets see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huckabee: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Let Palestinians create country 'elsewhere'</span>
Opposes '2-state solution,' calls division of Jerusalem 'unimaginable'
Posted: August 19, 2008
10:48 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
2010 <span style='font-size: 23pt'>WorldNetDaily</span><span style="color: #CC0000"> aka Reliable source.....LOL</span>

FJERUSALEM The division of Jerusalem is "unimaginable" while a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the "wrong answer," former Arkansas governor and vice-presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee told WND.

"Israel is surrounded by nations in various states of war with the Jewish state. Because of the limited footprint of real estate they have, it's not practical for Israel to give up any land. The two-state solution is no solution, but will cause only problems," said Huckabee, who is completing a two-day fact-finding tour in Israel.

The former Republican presidential candidate said he cannot understand how Jerusalem could be divided.

"It's unimaginable. The city must remain under Jewish sovereignty," he said yesterday.

Huckabee suggested creating a Palestinian state elsewhere in the Middle East:

<u>"There is only one place on earth where the Jewish people could have a homeland that is consistent with their roots, whereas the Palestinians can create their homeland in many other places in the Middle East, outside Israel," he said.</u>
<span style="color: #990000">Ethnic cleansing? Is this advice based on facts or belief.?</span>

Huckabee told WND that Israel should "have the right" to do "whatever is necessary" to counter Iran's nuclear program.

(Story continues below) </div></div>

Politicians are now making decisions on religious grounds. This is exactly what the USCON tried to prevent.

Q

ALSO,

The Tea Party are trying to subvert the USCON. They are the real terrorists.

</div></div>

LOL, I just finished a post in another thread, in which I made much the same statement as this one by you.

Apparently, Helen Thomas, at 89 years of age, is the only person in Washington D.C., with enough courage to say what others are afraid of saying.

Israel committed ann act fo war, and they are hiding the evidence. Tragic as their own treatment by the German's, and Hitler was decades ago, it does not give them a bye to do as they please for eternity.

We send them billions every years, and they throw dirt in our faces whenever we ask that they support our policies in the intersts of bring peace to the region.

The outrage should be about Israel's act of war, not Helen's right to have an opinion about a country which is no different from the other radical trouble makers in the region, IMO.

Brzezinski said the Right Wing in Israel, is no different than Hammas.

I find it repulsive watching this country suck up to a country which has caused us nothing b ut trouble, and which is every bit as inhumane in their actions, as any other country o ver there.

They, and the Bush Administration, all believe in torture. That tells me everything I need to know about the Israeli's. They should be the last people in the world to approve of inhumne behavior. We have horrendous problems in our country right now, many of them a result of Israel's undue influence and ownership of our national economy, but too many people are afraid to address that fact fopr fear of being accused an anti-semite, and I for one, and sick and tired of watching them exploit their own tragic treament of decades sgo,, to justify their own poor and inhumanne actions and behavior.

Helen remains my hero, and exhibited courage, as usual.

G.

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We have horrendous problems in our country right now, many of them a result of Israel's undue influence and ownership of our national economy,

G. </div></div>

Please explain how Isreal owns our national economy.

Yesterday you thought Helen might have made the comment because she isn't as sharp as she once might have been.
Today, you are saying you agree with her comment.
Did your daily spoonful tell you to change your mind, or is it possible that you, like her, aren't as sharp as you once might have been?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We have horrendous problems in our country right now, many of them a result of Israel's undue influence and ownership of our national economy,

G. </div></div>

Please explain how Isreal owns our national economy.

Yesterday you thought Helen might have made the comment because she isn't as sharp as she once might have been.
Today, you are saying you agree with her comment.
Did your daily spoonful tell you to change your mind, or is it possible that you, like her, aren't as sharp as you once might have been?

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I've alaready answered this question of yours elsewwhere on the forum. In fact, answered both of them. Try to keep up, gramps.

</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Can't answer it, huh?
I would have to drag my feet in order to "keep up" with you, granny.

Steve

Sev
06-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Well Steve its like this. Apparently 1% of the American population (Jews) is considered to be responsible for 25% of all the lobby money that go's in on Israels behalf.

You know that conspiracy about the Jews owning everything. Banks, Hollywood etc etc.
Nothing but a bunch of grubby money changers dont you know.

As far as Helen goes. Not even CNN is backing her up. They even said words have meaning and she should be held accountable.

Helen is also Lebanese. It would not surprise me if she has some bias's.

Deeman3
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While she is neither goofy, nor cranky, she is eighty-nine, and still goes to work everyday.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Not Anymore! However, we have always given a little leeway to our old folks to say unacceptable things on occasion. I think she just slipped and said wheta the entire left feels. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">She is, if nothing else a tenatious little lady! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">If she could see both sides of the issue it would not be as bad. She never once critiqued Hamas for thier atrocities. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, a ship they may have been smuggling forbidden items and certainly had extreamists on board attacking the soldiers. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Even they have killed less than 10% of the Muslims and Jews that Hammas has!</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree, cut her some slack, as I said at the outset. We will do much worse in our old age and not be held to the standard she is. </span>

Very sad. <span style="color: #FF0000">Overall, she will be remembered for much more than this little blip. </span>

G. </div></div>

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for straightening me out. I sometimes find it difficult to follow the logic the left uses. Maybe if there was some actual logic involved, it would be easier.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, a ship they may have been smuggling forbidden items and certainly had extreamists on board attacking the soldiers. </div></div>

Operative word, "May", we don't know the whole story. There are two sides to this story, and Israel refuses to release their tapes. Why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even they have killed less than 10% of the Muslims and Jews that Hammas has!
</div></div>

I am not defending anny country's violence, but I am not giving any country a bye on it either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Overall, she will be remembered for much more than this little blip.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I just hope you are right, but, in this country, any criticism of Israels's policies, is seen as equal to being a Hitler supporter. Absurd, but true. I am for being fair and equal, when it comes to people being persecuted, I am against it for any reason, at any time, by any country, including my own. In humanity cannot be acceptable, regardless of which country is nvolved.

I can only hope that Helen's reputation survives this as well as Powell's rfeputation survived his testimony before the United Nations, after he admitted the black mark on his reputation from his testimony that day.

G.</span>

eg8r
06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not defending anny country's violence, but I am not giving any country a bye on it either.
</div></div>Show us just one, JUST ONE post that you have made where you called out Hammas for killing innocent women and children? We have tons of posts where qtip defends their actions, but just give us ONE example of your outrage.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not defending anny country's violence, but I am not giving any country a bye on it either.
</div></div>Show us just one, JUST ONE post that you have made where you called out Hammas for killing innocent women and children? We have tons of posts where qtip defends their actions, but just give us ONE example of your outrage.

eg8r </div></div>

I am still waiting for you guys to come up with one of your own outraged posts about Bush's spending...

Give....
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I think I've written many posts here about my revulsion over any kind of inhumane activities, by anyone, from any country, at any time.

Do you think some inhumanity by some countries, should be overlooked? That is the qauestion.

G.

eg8r
06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
So you don't have any examples?

eg8r

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am still waiting for you guys to come up with one of your own outraged posts about Bush's spending...

G. </div></div>

Try the search function. There are plenty of examples if you really need to be reminded.
Surely, someone as well educated and with such a big brain can figure out how to use it.
Steve

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Try the search function. There are plenty of examples if you really need to be reminded.
Surely, someone as well educated and with such a big brain can figure out how to use it.
Steve </div></div>

Look, if you can't post without the attacks and the nasty sarcasm, then go your own way.

You're a bore!
That's why you end up on ignore. You need to avoid my posts, since you hate me so much.
G.

pooltchr
06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Never said I hated you. In fact, I find you highly entertaining...much like the clueless people Leno interviews on the street at night.

Steve

Deeman3
06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, a ship they may have been smuggling forbidden items and certainly had extreamists on board attacking the soldiers. </div></div>

Operative word, "May", we don't know the whole story. There are two sides to this story, and Israel refuses to release their tapes. Why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.[/color] </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Of course, the word MAY is more important to Israel as their enemies WILL slaughter all of them or use a nuke at any opportunity. They don't even play around with words, they are for the destruction of all Jews, ALL!

So, if the Jews have to search a few ships and defend themselves in the process, it should surprise no one, especially those who started attacking them on the ship.

If the left had their way, all ships would go right on through and all Jews would be eliminated. Thankfully, the Jews are realists, not blind to what they have to do to defend themselves, no one else will.

You are not defending any country's violence but I never saw you post outrage at Hammas, ever! :)There have been plenty of opportunities to do so and will be plenty more.</span>

Gayle in MD
06-08-2010, 12:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Gayle in MD] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.[/color] </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Of course, the word MAY is more important to Israel as their enemies WILL slaughter all of them or use a nuke at any opportunity. They don't even play around with words, they are for the destruction of all Jews, ALL!

So, if the Jews have to search a few ships and defend themselves in the process, it should surprise no one, especially those who started attacking them on the ship.

If the left had their way, all ships would go right on through and all Jews would be eliminated. Thankfully, the Jews are realists, not blind to what they have to do to defend themselves, no one else will.

You are not defending any country's violence but I never saw you post outrage at Hammas, ever! :)There have been plenty of opportunities to do so and will be plenty more.</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I have never defended any country's engagement in inhumne activities, including my own, as you know. I should add, also, in years past, I was always on the side of Israel, but recently, I believe they have gone too far in their actions of violence, and particularly irritating to me when they refuse to cooperate with our requests, when they have basically told two presidents, Bush and Obama, to go take a Fly*** F. when they were asked to cooperate with policies in our interests, and in bringing peace to their region.

Sooner or later, Israel is going to have to be more realistic about their circumstances. They will soon be in an appreciable minority. Then what will they do?

They also greatly complicate and endanger our own country's safety, willfully.

Further, I'm still pissed off about the Jewish Cabal at the American Enterprise Institute, the writers of the "Project For A New American Century" letter, all of them Jewish, which, in league with Dickhead Cheney, pushed us into the Iraq War, for financial purposes, and, all of them heavily invested in Oil, as well as some for their personal family interests in Israel, translation, money.

I am disgusted with the wealthy in this country, who by and large, have no conscience about their own greed, and corruption, and the costs they incur for the rest of us, in both blood and treasure.

I'm glad that you see the sadness in Helen's career coming to such an unfortunate ending.

G.</span>

wolfdancer
06-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Someone here sure spends/wastes a lot of time trying to show you up. Problem he has with that is he NEVER has any offsetting facts, and once outside the sovereign state of N.Carolina, Bubba logic is not valid above grade 6.
This would be my nightmare, but for some, the reward for a lifetime of drinking home distilled whiskey...
XXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDhsdFdtGY)

DeadCrab
06-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Maybe she has no business going to work every day if she isn't in complete control.

Reagan and Thurmond continued to work well into their dementias.

DeadCrab
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for straightening me out. I sometimes find it difficult to follow the logic the left uses. Maybe if there was some actual logic involved, it would be easier.

Steve</div></div>

Well, here's some logic from some vets you would probably consider leftists:

http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/

History has a way....

wolfdancer
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
and maybe smarter people then you, would have been able to judge her abilities. Unless I am mistaken, before a column is passed on for publication, an editor reads and ok's, or rejects it.
I'd guess that a majority of readers agreed with her comments....but they weren't PC.
I wonder what she wrote after the attack on the SS. Liberty by our "friends"?

Qtec
06-09-2010, 01:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> From 2000 through present, Qassam rockets have claimed the lives of 22 Israelis and one Thai national.[4][5] </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Israel's air and ground offensive in Gaza continued early Thursday, killing three people and wounding another outside the home of Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar, according to Palestinian medical sources.

Three others were killed when the al-Bashir mosque in eastern Gaza came under fire, the medical sources said.

Witnesses said fighting intensified overnight in southern Gaza City's Tel el-Hawa neighborhood. Israeli forces have closed in on the densely populated city since the weekend.

On Wednesday, Palestinian medical sources said <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the death toll in the Gaza conflict had risen to 1,010 Palestinians.

Another 4,700 have been wounded in the conflict, which began on December 27, the medics said.</span> </div></div>

Show us just one, JUST ONE post that you have made where you called out Israel for killing innocent women and children?

Q

Gayle in MD
06-09-2010, 05:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone here sure spends/wastes a lot of time trying to show you up. Problem he has with that is he NEVER has any offsetting facts, and once outside the sovereign state of N.Carolina, Bubba logic is not valid above grade 6.
This would be my nightmare, but for some, the reward for a lifetime of drinking home distilled whiskey...
XXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDhsdFdtGY) </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he NEVER has any offsetting facts, </div></div>

Which is probably the root cause of his nastiness. I lay out all of the facts regarding the multi disasters resulting from Republican Policies, and he just spits again, like a toddler who needs a good spanking.

We are obsserving a span in our history with pervasive proof, undeniable, Republican policies have not only failed, but have caused a slew of disastrous consequences which have nearly destroyed our country. all of it related to Republican Corporate Croniness, which replaced government oversight.

This, above all else, is at the root of the temper tantrums and nastiness which spews from every fiber of their being.

They take their pleasure in outrageous assertions, which a quick look at any fact check site, are proven to be pure Bull!

But just look at their former leader out there, W., and his side kick, the EVIL Dickhead, still lying about the results of their outragous torturing program....for example, W. states that he would torture again, to save lives, problem with that of course, the torture failed, didn't save any lives, provided no reliable information, and to the contrary, made everything worse.
ore of our troops were killed, Becauses they broke the Geneva conventions, and tortured human being, that is THE fact.

And in the case of this oil disaster, we have the visual proof, Of Cheney's ennergy policies, Cheney allowed the deep drilling, without the safety cut off valve, a mere $500,000.00 in cost, for corporations who were allowed to drill off the American coast line, without spending that money on safety. Other countries require it, but not Cheney's Energy policies.

Corporations which have broken all profit records beginning during the Bush Administration, as they soaked up subsidies, provided by the American Tax Payer, and simultaneously bilked us all at the pumps....ultimately trashing possibly the eniire East Coast. Republican policy? Drill baby drill...DEREGULATION!

Two disastrous wars, Republican Policy, go off half cocked annd ignore all the warnings from the experts, while having no exit plan, and killing over four thousand young Americans! Republican Policy? Pre-emptive war, against a country that was no immediate threat, killing thousand upon thousands of innocent Iraqis, and Americans, to get one man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Let's not even go to the subject of the Republican Policies allowing coal corps to chop off the mountain tops, causing disastrous ecological results down mountain, which have not even yet been fully accounted for by the studies, but disastrous result are assured, and were all along, but that never phases the Earth Killers, the Greed for more money overshadows everything, including our planet!

That is what the Republican Party stands for, corruption, crony policies, loopholes for the thieves, deregulation for all of the CEO pigs, same deregulatory policies which now kill our fish, birds, turtles, and the beautiful Gulf Of Mexico.

The right is alergic to facts, because the facts prove the folly of their thinking. There is no logic in Republican Policies, none at all, hence, no critical thinking skills are required, just promise to cut their taxes, and they will come out of the rafters, and crawl to the booth, if necessary.

With this poster, his statements have shown his disconnect from cause and results, as he noted some time ago, "The debts don't matter" which is now, under Democratic power, just the opposite. Their non stop rants over spending, yet with no attention or appreciation for factoring in the difference in the "Conditions Prevailing"

This country was in fine shape when Clinton left office. We can prove that.

Just look at the mess left by Bush, and the Grand Oil party....after which they ob sturcted everything this preisdent has been trying to accomoplish to dig out of that disastrous legacy left by Bush, and his blank check Congress...

These facts enrage the right, because they prove undeniably the gross failures of the standard Republican mantras.

Remember when Cheney kept yapping about how if only the intelligence information were available, it would show that the torture worked, and saved lives, thwarted attackis, then this administration released and declassified it, which proved the torture failed, didn't save any lives, didn't prevent any attacks, and in fact, only the conventional interrogation methods worked.

Just one more example of the on-going lies told by Bush and Cheney, and more proof that their BS rhetoric, is always compromised by the necessity to lie, deny their failures and damaging policies, create a new singsong of BS rhetoric, by substituting false statements of what they wish was so, for the actual results of their failures, even though we have the proof, they know their followers only watch and isten to the Republican pundits, and google their way to obscure RW Nutjobs to try to present their case.....

Doesn't fly, hence, their vitriol only responses are all that they can do....

pooltchr
06-09-2010, 08:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone here sure spends/wastes a lot of time trying to show you up. Problem he has with that is he NEVER has any offsetting facts, and once outside the sovereign state of N.Carolina, Bubba logic is not valid above grade 6.
XXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDhsdFdtGY) </div></div>

Was there any purpose to this post other than to offer up another insulting personal attack?

Did you forget to add anything of substance to the conversation?

Steve

pooltchr
06-09-2010, 08:45 AM
When it comes to spewing hatred, and ignoring facts while embracing the daily dose of kool aid you are spoon fed on a daily basis, I would admit that you are superior to any conservative on this board.

Your endless rants about republicans, southerners, men, Jews, and all who live in the "fly over" states simply shows your true level of hatred and arrogance.

Everyone knows it, including your followers. They just don't admit it.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-09-2010, 09:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000"> This is wrong. Even goofy and cranky old ladies have a right to free speech. </span>

BETHESDA, Md. - A high school graduation speech by veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas has been canceled because of controversial remarks she made about Israel, the school's principal said in an e-mail Sunday.

Thomas had been scheduled to speak at the June 14 graduation of Walt Whitman High School, but Principal Alan Goodwin wrote in the e-mail to students and parents that she was being replaced. The school in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, Md., hasn't picked a new speaker.

"Graduation celebrations are not the venue for divisiveness," Goodwin wrote.

Thomas, a columnist for Hearst Newspapers, issued an apology on her Web site on Friday for comments that were captured on video by an interviewer for the website http://www.rabbilive.com. On the video dated May 27, Thomas says Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine," suggesting they go to Germany, Poland or the U.S.

"I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians," Thomas wrote on her site on Friday. "They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon."

The national director of the Anti-Defamation League, Abraham H. Foxman, said Sunday that Thomas' apology didn't go far enough.

"Her suggestion that Israelis should go back to Poland and Germany is bigoted and shows a profound ignorance of history," Foxman said in a statement. "We believe Thomas needs to make a more forceful and sincere apology for the pain her remarks have caused."

Thomas, 89, began her long career with the wire service United Press International in 1943, and started covering the White House in 1960, according to a biography posted on her website. She became a columnist for Hearst in 2000.

</div></div>

Here's an interesting view on the subject....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media tirade against Helen Thomas is as illogical as it is hysterical. The few sentences uttered by her were, as she quickly acknowledged, wrong -- deeply so, I would add. But they cannot justify the road-rage destruction of the dean of the Washington press corps. Suddenly this heroic woman who broke so many gender barriers and dared to challenge presidential arrogance was reduced to nothing more than the stereotypical anti-Israel Arab that it is so fashionable to hate.

"Thomas, of Lebanese ancestry and almost 90, has never been shy about her anti-Israel views," writes Richard Cohen in The Washington Post, in a non sequitur reference to a reporter born in Winchester, Ky., in 1920 when few -- Jews included -- supported a Jewish state in Palestine and whose parents were Christians. Obviously Cohen, who attacks Thomas for "revealing how very little she knew" about the history of Israel, is unaware that Lebanese Christians have been the staunchest allies of the Jewish state. Indeed, they provided the shock troops who, under Israeli cover, massacred the unarmed inhabitants of Palestinian refugee camps. To attribute Thomas' views on Israel to her Lebanese parents is no less offensive than it would be to suggest that a Jewish reporter cannot be objective because, as in my case, his mother escaped anti-Semitism in Russia.

Thomas' fall from grace as a media icon began with her daring to criticize the abysmal coverage of the buildup to the Iraq war. How ironic that her opposition to the U.S. invasion is offered as an example of hostility to Israel when that war did so much to increase the power of Iran, Israel's most significant enemy in the region. After all, Israel claims that the presumed military threat from Gaza is fueled by Iran, which enjoys much support in Shiite-led Iraq -- previously governed by Tehran's archenemy Saddam Hussein.

As someone who has long supported a two-state solution for the historically disputed land of Palestine, I have no trouble condemning Thomas' ill-considered remarks that Israeli Jews should go back to the lands from where they came. I am opposed to denying legitimacy to desperate immigrants seeking a better life anywhere, be they in Arizona or the Middle East. What I don't understand is why this basic respect for human rights doesn't apply to the people who call themselves Palestinian and who are illegal immigrants not as a matter of birth but only in the political calculus of those who find their indigenous presence at best an inconvenience and at worst an insolvable threat. Why is it morally acceptable to deny Palestinians the right to full citizenship in their birthplace and instead insist, as Israel's leaders often have, that they should be content to live under the flag of nations like Egypt, Syria and Jordan that have long oppressed them?

Nor is it relevant to lecture the Palestinians that the current rulers of Jordan might be more benign overlords than when they slaughtered Palestinians in the Black September days of 1970-71. Or that they should be comfortable under the rule of Egypt, whose leaders had previously governed Gaza so oppressively and now join in the cruel blockade of its economy. Demands that Palestinians surrender their national aspirations are no more valid than Thomas' outburst calling for Jews to trust the modern governments of Poland and Germany.

What the Thomas affair allowed was the repeat incantation of the Holocaust as the excuse for punishing not the Europeans who committed those unspeakable crimes, but rather the Palestinians, who had nothing whatsoever to do with what remains as the greatest moral stain on the history of people claiming to be civilized. It was not Palestinians or Muslim fundamentalists who ran the crematoriums, but rather highly educated and mostly Christian Europeans.

For that reason, one must support the right of Jews to live securely in the nation of Israel, the place they claim as their historical homeland. But not without consideration of the rights of their fellow Semites, the mostly non-Jewish Palestinians who happened to already be living there.

On that point the apology Thomas issued got it right: "I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heartfelt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance."

Now all that is left is for those in the media and government who have shown so little respect and tolerance for the Palestinian side of the dispute to offer some apologies for decades of indifference to, and often contempt for, those victims as well.

</div></div>

And This:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Real Helen thomas Scandal
John McQuaid

Last week, Israeli commandos boarded a relief ship attempting to break the blockade of the Gaza Strip and, during a clash with pro-Palestinian activists, shot nine people to death. It was an old-fashioned, bona fide "international incident," a fiasco that raised alarming questions about the current trajectory of Israel's security, the wisdom of its government, as well as the fate of Obama's Middle East policies and U.S. security in general.

Within a few days, though, the Washington media's "Israel narrative" abandoned those questions and focused instead on the ugly words and sudden retirement of cranky 89-year-old White House correspondent Helen Thomas. Somehow, the debate shifted from Israel behaving badly to Helen Thomas behaving badly.

I'm not going to defend Thomas -- what she said was deeply offensive. But in the overall scheme of things, it was a trivial incident, and DC's sudden obsession with it -- to the exclusion of a lot of other, more important things -- is especially ironic given the parlous state of the Israeli situation.

The Washington media universe may not have set a new speed record here for spinning itself, Tasmanian devil-style, from grave and difficult to trivial and ironic. (That seems, after all, to be what it does nearly every hour of every day.) But it did set a kind of distance record for leaping the moral gulf between important, complex issues and easy, knee-jerk ones.

If you withhold judgment for just a moment on Israel and the Palestinians, all you see are difficult issues, stark moral choices, no-win scenarios. The appalling economic conditions in Gaza, the awful paradox of a democratically-elected Hamas, the unintended consequences of Israel's unyielding military and diplomatic posture, the blowup with Turkey, potential impacts for terrorist recruitment, Iran, ad infinitum. But American politicians flee from these issues. Instead they fell over one another defending Israel for doing something indefensible. (Yes, of course the blockade-running is a provocation. But if you're smart, you don't kill provocateurs.)

The media and punditocracy follow the politicians. And pretty soon you've got Liz Cheney denouncing Turkey -- our ally -- for all but countenancing the destruction of Israel. Add Helen Thomas into this combustible mix, and a serious engagement with these issues (never a likelihood, but still) becomes impossible.

There are two problems here: The default media posture for hard issues is he-said-she-said, and when you try that with the Middle East all you get is people hurling accusations back and forth. That might work for cable chat shows, but not for understanding what's really going on in the Middle East. Worse, few in the media are smart or brave enough to weigh these issues. If they were, we might get more pushback on the vacuous political debate on Israel here in the United States. For instance, read Peter Beinart's carefully-argued piece on the failure of the American Jewish establishment in the New York Review of Books. Beinart's arguments are alarming. But he is simply too reasonable and nuanced to get much of a hearing in a media that feeds on outrage and is dealing with a situation that is a bottomless BP well of outrage. Reasonable won't cut it when you're arguing with Liz Cheney.

This post first appeared on my True/Slant blog.

</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-mcquaid/the-real-helen-thomas-sca_b_604161.html

<span style="color: #000066">Given all of the racist comments of Limbaugh, Beck,, O Reilly and Pat Buchannon, I think Helen is really being treated unfairly.

G.</span>

Deeman3
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Show us just one, JUST ONE post that you have made where you called out Israel for killing innocent women and children?

Q
[/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000"> This may not be directed at me but why would we have posted any critique of Israeli killing innocent or guilty Palestinians? If that were the requirement, these boards would be filled with comdemnation by the left of the terrorists Hammas lobbing dozens of missles a month over into the Jewish populations. Heck, most of us would settle for condemnations em mass of only the atrocities of Muslims on their own people. Care to measure the numbers of total innocents killed by each side?

Just because one side is far more effient at protecting their people is no reason to hate them so. It is the Manchester United Syndrome, just so named now by moi, that makes one side evil and the other freedom fighters. Most people in Holland played the same cards back in the 1930's and 40's against the Jews. NOw, just because Helen Thomas does not understand history very well, everyone is geting his/het panties in a wad. I said, let this stuff go.

Let's talk about real stuff like how Jon Stewart ripped Obama up like a sheet last night. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Sev
06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
CNN didnt even back her up.

My suspicion is they saw an opportunity to get her out of the White House Correspondence group and pounced.

pooltchr
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Let's talk about real stuff like how Jon Stewart ripped Obama up like a sheet last night. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/color] </div></div>

I was in the pool room all night. Please enlighten me!!!

Steve

eg8r
06-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't think pointing out that Israel has better weaponry really helps your case at all? You appease the terrorists and in my mind no better than they are.

As far as one post of mine, I probably could not find one. I generally only post on the subject when you are stupid enough to call out Israel for retaliating against a palestinian blast that targeted innocent people. Not sure if you were aware but Israel actually won the war to take the land. It is over and if Palestine wants it back then they should start another war and try and go get it. Until then stop sending in women and children to blow up other women and children.

eg8r

eg8r
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
LOL, let's see the Stewart video. The dems on the board were not quick to post that one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
He basically showed Obama saying every issue was complicated in clip after clip on Health care, the Economy, the Oil Spill, Gitmo and a few others.

It was clearly a "I have lost Walter Cronkite" moment for Obama as he actually did not "Gayle" the situation (blame it on Bush) and questioned the dear leader's ability to solve anything.

I don't have the clips but it was worth the time to watch it. Hey, even Bill Mahr is starting to get it now even above his unreasoned hate for Sarah Palin. This combined with all the Democrats running from Obama toward Bill Clinton and the tens of millions the slug representatives (Unions) threw down the hole to beat Blanch Lincoln in Arkansas, slapping the far left directly in the face. Now, the Senate leader is threatened by someon in Arizona that is even too far right for me. Gee, that majority of Americans that begged the Dems to bankrupt the health care system, pile trillions onto our grandkids plate or deficiet bills and make the business environment so bad only government will ever hire again finally decided that Obama could not even close Gitmo! As President of the United States, he can't clsoe a prison of 233 people in his first term! That is incredible and even the "you can't fix stupid" leftists are turning on him.

Gee! and I would have almost voted for him over Hillary...

Let's see him "Kick Some Ass!" when Boxer, Reid and the other moonbats have left town. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Qtec
06-10-2010, 12:29 AM
link (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-8-2010/ass-quest-2010)

Q

Sev
06-10-2010, 06:52 AM
HAHAHAHHHAHAHHA!!!!

eg8r
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Stewart always makes me laugh.

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
No, no other purpose....sort of like your replies to Gayle where you post for no other reason then to insult her, and win some rep points from lww.
AND, substance??? is that what you call that crap that you post....oops, I keeps fergettin....that's all edukshunal material.