PDA

View Full Version : quits,after 47....

wolfdancer
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
How could this guy, just pack it in and not see how long the streak would last?

XXX (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/06/a_swatara_township_bowler_sets.html)
Two outs in the top of the ninth, no hits, no runs, 2 and 0, on the batter, their weakest hitter..and you ask for a relief pitcher....???
I rolled 47 strikes once, but it took me the whole season.

eg8r
06-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Pretty wild. I don't think I could get 47 strikes in a single season. I think my average was around 120 when I was in high school and now my goal is to just break 100 on every game. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Ed, bowling was my thing for many years. Us left handers can't even throw a baseball in from the outfield without it curving, so a hook came naturally. The corner 7 pin spare was a shot I never mastered and cost me many a high score.
I know both my high and low games...267 and 67.
I'm thinking I might not be able to break 100 either.
I used to say if I could just switch my bowling scores and my golf scores....both games would look better on paper.
Good family sport .....

sack316
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
297 high game here. Which sounds cool now, but was really frustrating and heartbreaking at the time.

I was in my first bowling league at 2 years old. Bowled regularly in several leagues until I went to play college baseball. Never did get my perfect game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif (other than no tap lol).

But once, I did roll 15 strikes in a row. Too bad it was spread between two games in a tournament. Finished off one game with an 8 bagger, started off the next with 7.

I think that should count! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Sack, I too started at 12....lied about my age and set pins on the weekend, $.10 a game plus free bowling. Never had more then 6 in a row, to start a game off....297 is awesome....and must have been a major disappointment at the same time. I think I probably had some 3 game scores that didn't add to 297
I had a killer golf round going once...then double bogied 18, and despite my 2 eagles....all I could remember was screwing up 18.
.....15 strikes in a row !!!also awesome.....I can't even pocket 15 balls without a miss.

Deeman3
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I may have thrown a turkey once, I think that's what they call three but I have to bow to all you guys on the lanes. The best I can say is I always had velocity on my shots! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Noone would even mistake me for a Parker-Bowles or whatever his name is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Now I know Jack has actually manually set pins in his youth and that, in itself, makes me feel young by comparison. The fact that he looks a few years younger in his pictures than I do is not important evidence of my real age.

I know for certain he still calls his golf ball a "feathery" and says, "I'll use the niblik there, Boy!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
not only set them with the manual, push down rack....but also set them when the pins had a small hole drilled in center of the bottom, and a foot pedal allowed "spikes" to surface from their recessed level and you placed the pins on them.
I doubt that Prince Charlies 2cd wife, Camilla, the former Parker Bowles has ever engaged in a commoner's pastime, like bowling.....but Parker Morse Bohn III, is in the HOF

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that Camilla Parker bowles!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Steve

Stretch
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I heard somewhere that Camilla Parker bowles!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Steve </div></div>

LOL hey that's bad enough to quailfy for my sence of humour. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

pooltchr
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

sack316
06-13-2010, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, I too started at 12....
</div></div>

Actually, I started league at 2 (two). Was in diapers on the lanes. Youngest league bowler in Alabama and 2nd youngest in the nation at the time.

Sack