PDA

View Full Version : Review of Kitty's in Phoenix

argonath
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-45944...f-Kittys-Lounge (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-45944-Phoenix-Billiards-Examiner~y2010m6d8-Review-of-Kittys-Lounge)

Argonath

SpiderMan
06-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I think I played there with Rod Elliot in 2002. Nice neighborhood bar.

SpiderMan

argonath
06-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Very cool spiderman.

Argonath

Brenda R
06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Watch Free Movies Online (http://moviesonlinefree.biz)

argonath
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Welcome Brenda!

A few more posts and you will lose the Stranger tag and be a newbie like me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Argonath

hondo
06-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Welcome, Brenda. Post away. We need fresh faces.

wolfdancer
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
I thought Phoenix was the city of the living dead....they play pool down there????
I made the mistake once of playing golf there in the afternoon. The course was deserted....I thought that was strange until about the 4th hole, when I passed out from heat exhaustion, and a St. Bernard dog rescued me with some brandy.
SO....why are you writing reviews for local pool halls, in a national publication? Seems a bit odd to me???

argonath
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Phoenix was the city of the living dead....they play pool down there????
I made the mistake once of playing golf there in the afternoon. The course was deserted....I thought that was strange until about the 4th hole, when I passed out from heat exhaustion, and a St. Bernard dog rescued me with some brandy.
SO....why are you writing reviews for local pool halls, in a national publication? Seems a bit odd to me??? </div></div>

When I was out looking at sites and forums that report news items about billiards, I came here back in early May and for a national publication forum... I saw very few people posted much of anything.

There were less than 2 new posts on a given day, and some times there were 4-7 days between new posts.

My column is about everything billiards in Phoenix. When I saw the forums and read back into last year, there were no threads on anything from Phoenix or Arizona.

You ask about pool and Arizona? There are 1.2 million casual players in the Phoenix Metro area, and over 350,000 who play in tournaments or leagues.

The Arizona Womens Billiard Tour is one of the stepping stones (Triple A) for women to move into the pro ranks. We also have multiple associations with leagues that play, etc...

I write reviews of ANY bar/tavern/pool hall that has a billiards presence in Phoenix. There are a number of people on other national boards I talk to who are glad I write on some of the lesser known places, because when they come they may be staying in the West Valley, versus Central Phoenix where most of the big pool halls reside. THey are glad to know a review and address of a place near where they are visiting.

Now, if the majority of the people who read here arent intersted in whats going on in Phoenix billiards, then I will watch remarks and stop posting. But honestly, before I did start writing and posting my column this place was a viritual ghost town. Cast in point... my threads stay on the front page here for nearly a week at a time because there are so few new topics.

But as I said, if there is little or no interest in whats going on for billiards in Phoenix... I will stop posting if thats what the board and readers want.

Argonath

wolfdancer
06-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Nah, keep posting...I enjoy reading the local stuff also. We get two Billiards newmags out here, freebies...and they have writeups on tournaments in Idaho.....I read them all.
The thing I remember now from the Phoenix area....was nobody had a lawn...just green pebbles, and everybody had a Golf cart in the driveway....but that was Scotsdale.